Hi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi - I was previously on Prozac, tried Effexor (sp),

Paxil...couldn't take any because they made me stay

AWAKE for like 3 days! It was horrible.

I like lexapro, but I also take as needed, generic Librium,

usually 20mg in the morning to " take the edge off " ...

I am going thru alot of things ; will go into later but

just don't have the energy now to do so.

Lexapro has affected my memory. But it has helped

alot with the depression/anxiety. I love it.

I am on 20mg and my Dr. said that's the max.

I wish I could take 30. Does anybody else take more?

Thanks, Carol

HI

Hi, new here. I just started Lexapro for depression and anxiety

attacks. I really could some people to chat with...someone wanna look

me up on ?

Guest guest

I am on 10mg a day for general anxiety with depression - it helped within 2 - 3

weeks.

Increased it to 15 and then 20 mg but eventually realised that 10 worked best

for me. My memory was always bad - if it is worse now its probably all the

anxious thinking rather than the lexpro ?

Mike

Carol Vail <elvisrocks1@...> wrote:

Hi - I was previously on Prozac, tried Effexor (sp),

Paxil...couldn't take any because they made me stay

AWAKE for like 3 days! It was horrible.

I like lexapro, but I also take as needed, generic Librium,

usually 20mg in the morning to " take the edge off " ...

I am going thru alot of things ; will go into later but

just don't have the energy now to do so.

Lexapro has affected my memory. But it has helped

alot with the depression/anxiety. I love it.

I am on 20mg and my Dr. said that's the max.

I wish I could take 30. Does anybody else take more?

Thanks, Carol

HI

Hi, new here. I just started Lexapro for depression and anxiety

attacks. I really could some people to chat with...someone wanna look

me up on ?

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hi Joy!

Quiet indeed. I can only assume that means nobody is having any problems with their EtG tests...YEAH!!!

Lorie

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "joyous1_1210" <joyous1_1210@...>

where is everyone?........it has been quiet here for a while, anyparticular reason ??

Guest guest

I don't know if it is a coincidence or not but it seems for a very long time I have only had to test for NCPS test number one and not for test number fourteen.

I am not certain but I think test number fourteen is the test that checks for etg. I am told which test to check on my form when I am told if I have to test each morning. Just my thoughts. Jackie in NC

Re: hi

Hi Joy!

Quiet indeed. I can only assume that means nobody is having any problems with their EtG tests...YEAH!!!

Lorie

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "joyous1_1210" <joyous1_1210@...>

where is everyone?........it has been quiet here for a while, anyparticular reason ??

Guest guest

It would be a blessing if this test just went away! Nice to hear from

you all...........:)

>

> Hi Joy!

> Quiet indeed. I can only assume that means nobody is having any

problems with their EtG tests...YEAH!!!

> Lorie

>

> -------------- Original message --------------

> From: " joyous1_1210 " <joyous1_1210@...>

> where is everyone?........it has been quiet here for a while, any

> particular reason ??

>

Guest guest

present and accounted for regards all... joyous1_1210 <joyous1_1210@...> wrote: It would be a blessing if this test just went away! Nice to hear from you all...........:)>> Hi Joy!> Quiet indeed. I can only assume that means nobody is having any problems with their EtG tests...YEAH!!!> Lorie> > -------------- Original message

-------------- > From: "joyous1_1210" <joyous1_1210@...> > where is everyone?........it has been quiet here for a while, any> particular reason ??>

Guest guest

NCPS test 7 is etg for Texas participants. What state are you in? And I will

be submitting test 7 today and have about 50% of the time over the last 6 months

or so. Utilization of etg has definately gone up in Texas.

---- Jackie Stott <jackiestott@...> wrote:

> I don't know if it is a coincidence or not but it seems for a very long time I

have only had to test for NCPS test number one and not for test number fourteen.

> I am not certain but I think test number fourteen is the test that checks for

etg. I am told which test to check on my form when I am told if I have to test

each morning. Just my thoughts. Jackie in NC

> Re: hi

>

>

> Hi Joy!

> Quiet indeed. I can only assume that means nobody is having any problems

with their EtG tests...YEAH!!!

> Lorie

>

> From: " joyous1_1210 " <joyous1_1210@...>

>

> particular reason ??

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

In Calif. every time we tests it includes EtG. So guess you guys are a little

luckier, not quite as many opportunities to get those pesky false positives that

cost your children, job, license, sanity!!! Yep we're on the cutting edge here

in great ole California!

--------- Re: hi

>

>

> Hi Joy!

> Quiet indeed. I can only assume that means nobody is having any problems with their EtG tests...YEAH!!!

> Lorie

>

> From: " joyous1_1210 " <joyous1_1210 >

>

> particular reason ??

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Checking in, doing well, no momentous news to report...Hi Everybody!!

> > > I don't know if it is a coincidence or not but it seems for a

very long time I

> > have only had to test for NCPS test number one and not for test

number fourteen.

> > > I am not certain but I think test number fourteen is the test

that checks for

> > etg. I am told which test to check on my form when I am told if I

have to test

> > each morning. Just my thoughts. Jackie in NC

> > > Re: hi

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi Joy!

> > > Quiet indeed. I can only assume that means nobody is having

any problems

> > with their EtG tests...YEAH!!!

> > > Lorie

> > >

> > > -------------- Original message --------------

> > > From: " joyous1_1210 " <joyous1_1210@...>

> > >

> > > where is everyone?........it has been quiet here for a

while, any

> > > particular reason ??

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi All,

Debbie here, I'm still around too and still read every post. I'm waiting for the AG to catch up. It's been 2 years now since kicked out of Diversion for ETG. Hoping for the best and still sober......

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hi thank you for highlighting that. I have tested two products of coral calcium against mercury. Brand "NOW" 1,000 mg 1 x capsule of coral calcium tested weak at 35 in a range of balance 45 - 55. Coral calcium 1,000 from "Olympian Labs. Inc." tested balanced at 49. Regular calcium, with Mg. zinc and Vitamin D, as a control, tested at 49 too. So guess they do vary a lot, many thanks bye Sue

hi

hi, i am getting treatment on the epfx system. i have had about 14appointments , 2-3 hours each roughly. the results have been great.i really dont know allot about it or how to operate the machine but ihave a few questions.one of the things i noticed is that my numbers have been coming alongnicely, but my resistance is always low, in the 20's. it also shows mycrown & throat chakra's are near closed. anyone have any comments orideas?thankslar

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi Cec

Welcome to our forum and I hope you get all the help and support you

need. In a way, your post was just like mine, before I went on to Armour

Thyroid. I was actually on 125 mcgs Thyroxine only and felt dreadful -

brain fog, short term memory, severe pains in my lower back, under both

heels and in my shoulder. My GP told me I had a prolapsed disc and this

was causing the lower back pain. To cut long story short - I eventually

left the NHS to seek out a private hormone consultant, who told me I was

not cnverting the 'inactive' hormone T4 into the 'active' hormone T3. He

prescribed me Armour Thyroid. After only 9 days, I had my brain back and

the pains started to leave my body. It was then that I learned that

people suffer all the pains they do (including those given a diagnosis

of fibromyalgia) because they are not getting the T3 into their cells

and therefore, their brain and body simply can't function. It was the

lack of the active T3 that was actually causing my muscles to go into

severe spasm.

You should ask your GP to give you a Free T3 test, and if the laboratory

refuses to do this, you can get it done privately for £17 through

NPTech Services. You need to know for sure whether or not you too have a

conversion problem.

Luv - Sheila

>

> I went for the test last week and am going back to see my GP next

> week. I now know that i am intitaled to a copy of my tests and i will

> ask for a copy and keep them in a file and take them if i see an endo.

>

> Sorry to give you all my life story but i wanted to know if the

> Radiculogram (not sure of spelling) did have somthing to do with

> being hypo.

>

>

>

> Cec

>

Guest guest

Hi Rose and Cecilia

Welcome to the group and good luck with getting will. This is

definately the place to get all the help and support you need on the

path to wellness.

God bless

Dawnx

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

My friend,

I live in Dubai. for getting rid of negative thaughts first and foremost thing do not expect any thing from any one. always become a giver . You just thing anger negativity all comes from our thaughts only. Make your life disciplined. whenever u feel u are negative or angry just think over it and relax. No one can take any thing from you. Always beleive in God.

From: macherla007 <macherla007@...>Subject: hi Date: Thursday, 24 July, 2008, 6:17 AM

hi hiamnshuwhere do u live, what u do for get rid of negative thoughts.how do u concentrate on things.my name is ramu, i live in melbourne

Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof. Click here.

Guest guest

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 macherla007 wrote :

>hi hiamnshu

>where do u live, what u do for get rid of negative thoughts.

>how do u concentrate on things.

>my name is ramu, i live in melbourne

>

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP! RE POSTING FOR POSSIBLE RESPONSE!

From: xxsarahxx_40 <xxsarahxx_40@...>Subject: Hithyroid treatment Date: Saturday, 16 August, 2008, 3:01 PM

How long does it take the thyroid hormone levels to drop? I have been off my T4 for 5 days now because I will be starting HC in a few days and then staying off it for a further 7/10 days after starting the HC and then going back on it at a lower dose. I am bit worried about starting the HC and if my levels will have dropped at all in this 2 week break. I am also worried that if I dont get on with the HC where do I go from there? I am just hoping so much that the HC will be the answer for me but I just cant believe it will be I dont have that sort of luck!Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Hi - well doen for reposting!! Im afraid we are a bit thin on the ground tonight! I dont have any experience of HC so I cant help very much! Usually people say stop your adrenal meds for a period whilst you take hc or NAE, Im sure someone can post what that time period is?? As I understand it this is because if you arent converting the thyroid meds so that they can be used by the body, then they just mill around not being used and can make you feel ill. The adrenal support will enable the body to use the thyroid meds when you go back on them.

Im afraid that I really cant advise you on the time you need to wait but someone will be along soon to give you advice about this - I just thought that I would post so that you dont think you are being ignored!!

Gill

How long does it take the thyroid hormone levels to drop? I have been off my T4 for 5 days now because I will be starting HC in a few days and then staying off it for a further 7/10 days after starting the HC and then going back on it at a lower dose.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.6/1192 - Release Date: 21/12/07 13:17

Hi ,

The half-life for T4 is about 6-8 days, so you won't loose that much

in a week ~ maybe a half of your usual 'supply' as measured..

The problem on just T4 is that you can get 'overdosed' and the fact

that a sudden 'surge' can cause thyrotoxicosis means you need to be

cautious when adding in hydrocortisone.

If too much T4 is bound to the proteins in the blood, the 'Free' T4

measurement may not tell you about it.....unless the actual bound T4

is measured as well.

Lots of factors might switch the binding of T4 from very 'tight' to

moderately 'loose' in which case it will tend to flood out as

the 'Free' T4 ~ that might not take much change in the relative

binding of T4 to effect a 'flooding' of the system, and overload of

the enzymes that convert T4 to T3 (or RT3).....hence the caution.

hope that helps a little....

The logic is sound, the practice is variable as with any human

condition.

best wishes

Bob

>

> From: xxsarahxx_40 <xxsarahxx_40@...>

> Subject: Hi

> thyroid treatment

> Date: Saturday, 16 August, 2008, 3:01 PM

> How long does it take the thyroid hormone levels to drop? I have

been off my T4 for 5 days now because I will be starting HC in a few

days

Hi

Thanks I have spoke to Dr P about this and am following what he says I am just the sort of person who needs reasurrance all the time that what I am doing is ok and get myself in a state of anxiety about it, I really wanted to know if anyone has been ok on HC and had no adverse effects? Maybe the anxiety is adrenal related? Dr P told me to wait 7=10 days before I go back on my T4 and then to start at a lower dose than I was on, I am worried about being off the T4 for 2 weeks before I start back on it again? I just worry myself to death!

From: GILL <gilljohnthurgo@...>Subject: Re: Hithyroid treatment Date: Saturday, 16 August, 2008, 8:52 PM

Hi - well doen for reposting!! Im afraid we are a bit thin on the ground tonight! I dont have any experience of HC so I cant help very much!

Gill

How long does it take the thyroid hormone levels to drop? I have been off my T4 for 5 days now because I will be starting HC in a few days and then staying off it for a further 7/10 days after starting the HC and then going back on it at a lower dose.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.6/1192 - Release Date: 21/12/07 13:17Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Thanks Bob,

By the time I start the HC I will have been off the T4 for 7/8 days and will be starting the HC at 2.5mg dose only. I will not be adding the T4 back until a week to 10 days after starting the cortisol and at a lower dose to what I was on. I dont mind admitting I am scared and am getting myself into a state of anxiety over it all, my adrenal profile clearly shows I am lacking in cortisol. I have been taking NAE for 5ish weeks now so the adrenals may have improved slightly

From: bob.m9uk <Bob.m9uk@...>Subject: Re: Fw: Hithyroid treatment Date: Saturday, 16 August, 2008, 9:02 PM

Hi ,The half-life for T4 is about 6-8 days, so you won't loose that much in a week ~ maybe a half of your usual 'supply' as measured..The problem on just T4 is that you can get 'overdosed' and the fact that a sudden 'surge' can cause thyrotoxicosis means you need to be cautious when adding in hydrocortisone.best wishesBob > > From: xxsarahxx_40 <xxsarahxx_40@ ...>> Subject: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] Hi> thyroidpatientadvoc

acygroups (DOT) com> Date: Saturday, 16 August, 2008, 3:01 PM> How long does it take the thyroid hormone levels to drop? I have been off my T4 for 5 days now because I will be starting HC in a few days Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Hi ,

I am sure your anxiety is adrenal related & will get better when you are on hc. I have been on hc for over 3.5 years and it has really improved everything for me - muscles, joints, anxiety, allergies etc.

You basically have a choice when starting hc, you either reduce your thyroid & then stop it if you have a dump or you stop it in the way you have done - note I am talking mainly about armour as I have never just been on thyroxine. I was on 2 grains armour + 25mcg thyroxine (which I did not stop) and just started hc at 15mg initially - I had a dump which was not pleasant to say the least. Then I reduced both the armour to 1 grain & also the hc to 5mg & it took me 2 months to get to 15mg hc again & also to the before dose of armour & be well on it.

I would suggest that you are patient and things will get better when you have had the time to build up the hc.

Val

I really wanted to know if anyone has been ok on HC and had no adverse effects? Maybe the anxiety is adrenal related? Dr P told me to wait 7=10 days before I go back on my T4 and then to start at a lower dose than I was on, I am worried about being off the T4 for 2 weeks before I start back on it again? I just worry myself to death!

Thanks val,

Still feeling anxious and getting stomach pains etc which I think is all related. I guess I have done the right thing by stopping my thyroxine, 6 days now and then starting slowly on the HC, this will avoid a dump as you say, though I feel I may have already experienced a dump with every increase of Thyroxine i have had beacuse my adrenals couldnt cope, and its not nice. I have 8 and half weeks before I go to America for a family wedding/ holiday and thats playing on my mind as I want to get this sorted on get on the right road to recoveryarah

From: valerieforster56 <valerieforster56@...>Subject: Re: Hithyroid treatment Date: Saturday, 16 August, 2008, 11:58 PM

Hi ,

I am sure your anxiety is adrenal related & will get better when you are on hc. I have been on hc for over 3.5 years and it has really improved everything for me - muscles, joints, anxiety, allergies etc.

You basically have a choice when starting hc, you either reduce your thyroid & then stop it if you have a dump or you stop it in the way you have done - note I am talking mainly about armour as I have never just been on thyroxine.

Val

I really wanted to know if anyone has been ok on HC and had no adverse effects? Maybe the anxiety is adrenal related? Dr P told me to wait 7=10 days before I go back on my T4 and then to start at a lower dose than I was on, I am worried about being off the T4 for 2 weeks before I start back on it again? I just worry myself to death!Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

bump

From: xxsarahxx_40 <xxsarahxx_40@...>Subject: HIthyroid treatment Date: Wednesday, 20 August, 2008, 6:22 PM

How long is it safe to go without taking any Levo T before the effects of not taking show themselves?I havent taken any of mine for 9 days now as you all know I am waiting to start HC, I am getting a bit worried about not taking any for a while now. Am I right in thinking that when I start the HC the much needed cortisone will act on the conversion and absorption of my T4 and get things moving correctly? I know I will have to stay off the T4 for a week or so after taking the HC cos it can act quickly on the T4 that is still in my blood, I am starting back on the T4 at 75mcg to be safe, I was taking 150mcg, but I understand I may not need as much once the HC has taken effect. I feel in such a limbo but I guess the longer I stay off the T4 before starting the HC will help in not becoming toxic when I start it, does anyone understand what I am

saying?!Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Hi

Nobody could answer this question - but we know that thyroxine stays in your body for up to 6 weeks - even though it gets less and less each day. You should be OK for up to 3 weeks or thereabouts but everybody is different. Your thinking is right, and you should not start your L-thyroxine again until you have been taking HC for at least a week. Have you written to Afshin yet to find out where your HC is?

Luv - Sheila

bump

How long is it safe to go without taking any Levo T before the effects of not taking show themselves?I havent taken any of mine for 9 days now No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.6.6/1624 - Release Date: 20/08/2008 19:11

My Hc HAS ARRIVED TODAY, SHOULD i WAIT TILL TOMORROW OR TAKE MY FIRST 2.5 TODAY!!!!!???

From: sheilaturner <sheilaturner@...>Subject: Re: HIthyroid treatment Date: Thursday, 21 August, 2008, 10:26 AM

Hi

Nobody could answer this question - but we know that thyroxine stays in your body for up to 6 weeks - even though it gets less and less each day. You should be OK for up to 3 weeks or thereabouts but everybody is different. Your thinking is right, and you should not start your L-thyroxine again until you have been taking HC for at least a week. Have you written to Afshin yet to find out where your HC is?

Luv - Sheila

bump

How long is it safe to go without taking any Levo T before the effects of not taking show themselves?I havent taken any of mine for 9 days now No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.6.6/1624 - Release Date: 20/08/2008 19:11

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.