RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Zest: I spoke to the owner!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all -

LOVE this group - thanks so much for the response. I really never questioned the sincerity of his intentions to use g-free flour, ingredients... and after having spoken to him, convinced - he is a Celiac and eats there every day.

I appreciated the thoughts on xantham gum / sugar overload; I eat g-free cookies from the market regularly that contain xantham gum (not in huge quantity because they are NO comparison to fresh)... thought about the sugar over load, but my first visit to Zest I had only 1 chocolate chip cookie and felt a reaction.

After having spoken to , I believe the cookie was the issue; it has SOY shortening. Many of the other treats do not, but the cookie does. I had brought home a brownie and muffin - we went over the ingredients and they sounded fine, so I am pretty certain it was that cookie that set me off - trying the brownie the next day may have had nothing to do with it. You all know how it goes, once you are done for, you are done for.

The owner is great - very open and concerned about his clients, so if you ever do have a need, give him a call / shoot an email.

Thank you all for your support and insight!

Guest guest

Thanks for posting :) I went yesterday and had a muffin and was fine, too. Glad you were able to talk to and maybe find a reason. I don't do well with soy, either, so that may have been what caused my stomach pain in the past, too!From: Oshinsky <susanoshinsky@...>Subject: [ ] Zest: I spoke to the owner! Date: Friday, February 18, 2011, 2:09 PM

Hi all -

LOVE this group - thanks so much for the response. I really never questioned the sincerity of his intentions to use g-free flour, ingredients... and after having spoken to him, convinced - he is a Celiac and eats there every day.

I appreciated the thoughts on xantham gum / sugar overload; I eat g-free cookies from the market regularly that contain xantham gum (not in huge quantity because they are NO comparison to fresh)... thought about the sugar over load, but my first visit to Zest I had only 1 chocolate chip cookie and felt a reaction.

After having spoken to , I believe the cookie was the issue; it has SOY shortening. Many of the other treats do not, but the cookie does. I had brought home a brownie and muffin - we went over the ingredients and they sounded fine, so I am pretty certain it was that cookie that set me off - trying the brownie the next day may have had nothing to do with it. You all know how it goes, once you are done for, you are done for.

The owner is great - very open and concerned about his clients, so if you ever do have a need, give him a call / shoot an email.

Thank you all for your support and insight!