RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re:weight loss surgery

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks for the advise. I am leaning toward the band. I don't like the idea of having parts removed from me.

Vicki

----- Original Message ----From: "aclavern33@..." <aclavern33@...>Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2006 8:28:53 PMSubject: Re:weight loss surgery

Vicki,

I am a bandster. I had lapband surgery in May 2004. I had 125 lbs to loose when I started and I am half way to my goal and I would have been there if it was not for insurance changes that made if difficult to get to my band surgeon. I have a new doc close to home now and the weight is dropping off. I am loosing about 3 lbs a week right now and I have a pretty tight fill.

I personally would not chose gastric bypass because if you have an auti-immune disease you will needs meds for life and many that chose gastric bypass have serious mal-absorption issues with meds later in life.

There is a great group on called OSSG-gone-wrong they are a group were people who have had complications ranging from minor to life threatening or have had loves one die from gastric bypass surgery procedures.

I choose the band because out of all the people I know all the bandsters are very successful and none of use have had any complications.

Do your homework is chosing a surgeon. If you chose the band then keep in mind you have a life long commitment to your band surgeon for adjustments, fills and care.

Toni