RemedySpot.com

Re: 1 more thing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

F.Y.I., we all refer to her as "Miss Mehta" because thats the way all doctors are addressed in the U.K. (Mister or Miss)

and 1 more important fact;

Miss Mehta has straightened over 100 infants/small children, treated early with a series of POP jackets. She has followed their progress for over 10 yrs, and they remain straight. Never having to undergo spinal fusion/instrumentation. The key here, is "early treatment".

HRH

Question about Dr. Mehta

What kind of doctor is Dr. Mehta? Is she an orthopedic surgeon? My ped is still really skeptical and was asking me if Dr. M was even an MD. I wasn't sure if she was an orthopedic surgeon or not. I did ask her to watch the video, but she said her vcr wasn't working when she tried to watch it. I will get the video back to you this week. I finally got my husband to sit down and watch it. It really was helpful in answering a lot of our questions.

Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04)

Guest guest

The Miss is what was throwing me off. Thanks for clearing up my confusion :). The next time I see the pediatrician I will be armed with more info...honestly I am starting to feel uncomfortable going there because they make me feel like I am nuts for doing this. A friend of mine that has had juvenile diabetes since she was very young told me that any time you are getting "cutting edge" treatments that I can expect to be treated like that. She said her parents had to deal with it all the time. Guess I just need to suck it up, lol!

Question about Dr. Mehta

What kind of doctor is Dr. Mehta? Is she an orthopedic surgeon? My ped is still really skeptical and was asking me if Dr. M was even an MD. I wasn't sure if she was an orthopedic surgeon or not. I did ask her to watch the video, but she said her vcr wasn't working when she tried to watch it. I will get the video back to you this week. I finally got my husband to sit down and watch it. It really was helpful in answering a lot of our questions.

Guest guest

Let me add one more important point.

The key here is "early treatment" ~and~ making sure the child has had the right amount of POP jackets applied in his/her series. If the jackets are removed prematurely, the childs spine will revert back to where it once was before the series of jackets.

The time it takes for the curve to grow into the corrected position is about equal to the time from curve detection, to its first proper corrective treatment by POP jackets.

Sincerely,

HRH

Question about Dr. Mehta

Guest guest

Thanks . Once you go from the cast, I know they do a brace to maintain the correction. Do you know how long they usually have to wear the brace?

Question about Dr. Mehta

Guest guest

How old is too old for the casting? is 8 and I have only learned about casting from this group. He wears a night brace andhas a 40 degree curve.

Thanks,

Gloria

Guest guest

hello, this is not heather, but my son is in a process of serial castings and he will be 12 years old in may. , 's momgigiabc@... wrote:

How old is too old for the casting? is 8 and I have only learned about casting from this group. He wears a night brace andhas a 40 degree curve.

Thanks,

Gloria

Messenger Show us what our next emoticon should look like. Join the fun.

Guest guest

Gloria,

It depends on the child, their degree of curvature(s) and what type of cast....If the child has non structural scoliosis and is still growing he/she may benefit from a series of POP jackets. My daughter Olivia is 7yrs old and wearing a jacket/cast now. She will get another one applied in May.

HRH

Re: 1 more thing

hello, this is not heather, but my son is in a process of serial castings and he will be 12 years old in may. , 's momgigiabc@... wrote:

Thanks,

Gloria

MessengerShow us what our next emoticon should look like. Join the fun.