RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

; was: Tylenol and NSAIDs was: Re: Re: naproxen and Methothexate

Rate this topic

Guest guest

No one wants you to stop posting - everyone here has valuable experience and information to share. It was not my intent to offend you, hurt your feelings or make you feel bad in any way. People often link Tylenol with NSAIDS, it is a very common mistake. I don't know what happened when you were in school - but even instructors make mistakes sometimes.

I almost said nothing in response to your posts because i was afraid that you would take it personally - and I didn't want that to happen, but I also didn't want someone with little experience dealing with medication to be confused.

I am sorry if I made you feel bad, you have contributed very much to the group, and I would feel terrible if I were the reason that you decided to stop participating. One of the great things about this group is that we can and should all feel safe to express ourselves - and not everyone is going to agree with our views & that is ok. If I were to state something in error - I would hope that one of the many here that I trust would set me straight.

You were correct to point out in your post that we should be asking our pharmacists (and I might add physicians) about the medications we are giving our children (and taking ourselves for that matter) - many times in the past a pharmacist has pointed out to me that one of 's meds can react badly with another he takes prn - and I always appreciate their diligence in insuring that I am aware of this.

Beyond discussing with pharmacists and physicians, I have made it a point to research and review everything I can about the medications I give my son - something I think every parent should do - and I look for more than one source to ensure that I can feel secure that the information I am gathering is accurate. I have worked with physicians for more than 25 years - and they too make mistakes.

Again, I apologize if my speaking up made you feel bad. Please don't leave the group.

Val

Rob's Mom (10, systemic)

Re: Tylenol and NSAIDs was: Re: Re: naproxen and Methothexate

Look I was not trying to start any arguements on the sight. I was just answering a post, that is it. I went to school for pharmacology, I was only stating some knowledge on the sight. I will not post again. Sorry if I offended anyone, I was only stating what was taught while I was in school for my pharmacy degree.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Plan your next roadtrip with MapQuest.com: America's #1 Mapping Site.