RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: My Rash

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have Samter's and I'm on Zyflo.... I was on Singulair, but my allergist then changed me to Zyflo. My ENT wants me on Singulair and Zyflo for a short time after my sinus surgery. I believe my ENT said that Zyflo blocks the production of some leukotrienes while Singulair blocks others. But i'm no expert on this .... just got diagnosed about 6 months ago.... A problem with Zyflo is that you've got to monitor it's effects on your liver. Michelekateatcu <katea98@...> wrote: Thanks everyone for all your help. Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease was one of the things I first looked into with this problem... however with the continuing symptoms (going on 2 and a half weeks now) and the fact that I don't have "blisters" as the info I've seen has said, I'm still sticking by the thought that these are hives. They really are classic hives... nothing mysterious about them.I found it VERY interesting that someone here (sorry don't recall the name without searching back) has had a reaction to Singulair. I've always been skeptical of Singulair because I thought it may have been related to a problem I was having about 6 years ago. If you recall, I'm the person that has been complaining lately about hairloss and we were quick to pin it on Prednisone (even though my hair loss continued after a few months of being off of Pred). Well, back in college I was taking Singulair and had a massive

problem with hairloss. I ended up stopping it and subsequently my hairloss stopped. So, perhaps being back on the Singulair is causing the hairloss I'm having now as well as the hives? I suppose its a possibility.Sorry for repeating questions that have been answered over and over, but what are the alternatives to Singulair? Other drugs that block leukotrienes? __________________________________________________