The word Aerobic means “with oxygen”; it refers to the use of oxygen in a process to break down glucose and fat for energy. Aerobic exercise is a form of physical exercise that uses the muscles in your arms, legs and hips and makes your overall body healthy.
It also gives you more stamina; hence you will be able to do any kind of physical activity without getting tired soon. There are various types of aerobic exercise such as running, bicycling, swimming, rowing and so on. Aerobics is an effective exercise that benefits our health in many ways such as to improve heart health, increase blood supply to the body, muscular endurance and many more. Common exercises that are included under aerobic exercises include dance, bicycling, fitness walking, swimming and jumping rope.
Benefits of Aerobic Exercise:
1. Aerobics increases the functional capacity of the heart and keeps it healthy and strong.
2. During exercise the body burns fat, and as a result, aerobics aids in weight loss.
3. Aerobic exercise can help decrease your blood pressure and LDL (low-density lipoprotein), or bad cholesterol and increase your HDL (high-density lipoprotein) cholesterol. A consistent aerobic exercise can reduce the buildup of plaque in the arteries.
4. Studies suggest that regular aerobic exercise can help improve certain mental functions, including attention and memory. It also helps releases the endorphins; hence it keeps the person away from depression, stress and anxiety.
5. Aerobic exercise strengthens your immune system, keeping you away from illness such as viral fever, flu and cold.
6. Women who are engaged in doing regular aerobic exercise at least three times a week have a lessened chance of developing breast cancer, according to a study.
7. Exercise helps improves muscles health, as a result it strengthens bones and joints.
8. Aerobic exercise can lower the risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer. It also helps in preventing heart disease and stroke.
9. Regular exercise may increase your body resistance. It might make you feel tired at one point, but as you continue in the long term, it helps increase body strength and the sense of well-being and keeps you free from fatigue.
10. Aerobic exercises increase the maximum consumption of oxygen by the body.
Tips for a Good Aerobic Exercise:
Choose a form of aerobic exercise that you are comfortable with and that fits into your day.
Start exercising 3-4 times a week for about 10-15 minutes. At first, start with low-to-moderate level activities.
Try mixing activities such as cycling and walking or swimming and walking.
Once you are used to these activities, start doing vigorous activity for 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week.
While exercising, share your activity time with your friend or group of friends.
i would like to learn some benefit hererd which is used thriphla.
you can send seprate if it is not in your website indiandivine.
My age is 42, I’m suffering from knee & low back pain since 15 years, I have taken Panchakarma treatment 4 times, physiotherapy once in a year plz advise exercises/aerobics, yogasanas which I do without hurting/damaging my knee & back. I regularly do very simple exercises.
It is 100 per cent correct. Yoga teachers, physical instructors, physicians, health advisors all recommend aerobic exercises. Once the exercises are started, it becomes a routine with out which a person feels some thing missing from his daily routine. I feel, morning exercises will be better than evening. Doing the aerobic exercises after taking a big glass of warm boiled water in the early morning will help a lot in keeping a person active and energetic through out the day. Aerobic exercises accompanied by Pranayama will really keep you fit.