RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Bells Palsy and Lyme? (PS) Celiac too)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just a quick PS..... *smile*

As I re-read that and that whole list of symptoms I definitely should have mentioned the Celiac or Gluten sensitivity too.. since many of those same symptoms could very well be connected to that too!! And definitely well worth ruling out. ;) Then go searching for the 'bugs'.

For starters if unfamiliar, I've a big piece from quite a while ago I put in with many various links in our Home page to get you started. Under Files I think.

hugs

Dee~

Guest guest

Yep, thanks Dee for all of those links and info... I will definitely look into all of that. I did the Enterolab test and came back positive for gluten sensitivity and I've been on a gluten-free diet for about a year now. So, that could be the link. The only thing I have trouble explaining is the reaction to the probiotics... I think in a few weeks I might try the probiotic supplements again just to see what happens and keep a journal. : )

As I re-read that and that whole list of symptoms I definitely should have mentioned the Celiac or Gluten sensitivity too.. since many of those same symptoms could very well be connected to that too!! And definitely well worth ruling out. ;) Then go searching for the 'bugs'.

For starters if unfamiliar, I've a big piece from quite a while ago I put in with many various links in our Home page to get you started. Under Files I think.

hugs

Dee~

Guest guest

Yep, thanks Dee for all of those links and info... I will definitely look into all of that. I did the Enterolab test and came back positive for gluten sensitivity and I've been on a gluten-free diet for about a year now. So, that could be the link. The only thing I have trouble explaining is the reaction to the probiotics... I think in a few weeks I might try the probiotic supplements again just to see what happens and keep a journal. : )

hugs

Dee~

Guest guest

Probiotics are made from yeast and bacteria and

many many Celiacs are sensitive to a yeast called

saccharomyces Cerevisiae and this yeast has some close

relatives--other saccharomyces-----. The main yeast

that is in probiotics is saccharomyces boulardii. The

following is a paragraph that talks a bit about it.

" SACCHAROMYCES

Saccharomyces belongs to the yeast family. The

principal probiotic yeast is Saccharomyces boulardii.

Saccharomyces boulardii is also known as Saccharomyces

cerevisiae Hansen CBS 5296 and S. boulardii. S.

boulardii is normally a nonpathogenic yeast. S.

boulardii has been used to treat diarrhea associated

with antibiotic use. "

I myself have IgA reactions to this yeast which is

none other that Baker's and Brewer's yeast (the same

thing in case you didn't know that). If you are

reacting to your probiotics it is likely that it is a

yeast sensitivity (which makes sense given that gluten

cross reacts with some yeasts) (I think it makes sense

anyway.)If you react to this your immune system can

damage your intestines. That might be the problem.

This yeast is in a lot of things--kefir and other

fermented foods, baked things, and it is really a big

allergen especially to those who are sensitive to

gluten it seems.

The following is the entire article on Probiotics from

where I copied the previous paragraph in case you are

interested:

http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/nutsupdrugs/pro_0034.shtml

One can be tested for this IgA reaction to yeast at

Enterolab if they wish but since you already know that

you have a reaction to the probiotic you are taking,

you might just assume it. If you assume it remember

that you can't drink beer as it has a lot in it. ;o)

Hope this helps.

Arline

---

> Yep, thanks Dee for all of those links and info... I

> will definitely look into all of that. I did the

> Enterolab test and came back positive for gluten

> sensitivity and I've been on a gluten-free diet for

> about a year now. So, that could be the link. The

> only thing I have trouble explaining is the reaction

> to the probiotics... I think in a few weeks I might

> try the probiotic supplements again just to see what

> happens and keep a journal. : )

>

Guest guest

You know, that's interesting because there is a type of yeast in this particular brand of probiotics... I did notice that. I did actually test for yeast through Enterolab and it showed a very mild sensitivity. Basically, the normal range was < 10 and my score was 15 I believe. I wasn't sure what that meant but since it didn't seem that high I guess I kind of ignored it.

When Dr checked me for yeast, though... she said it was normal.

What's a typical reaction to yeast in people that are sensitive? I've never really looked into it.

,Probiotics are made from yeast and bacteria andmany many Celiacs are sensitive to a yeast calledsaccharomyces Cerevisiae and this yeast has some closerelatives--other saccharomyces-----. The main yeastthat is in probiotics is saccharomyces boulardii. Thefollowing is a paragraph that talks a bit about it."SACCHAROMYCESSaccharomyces belongs to the yeast family. Theprincipal probiotic yeast is Saccharomyces boulardii.Saccharomyces boulardii is also known as Saccharomycescerevisiae Hansen CBS 5296 and S. boulardii. S.boulardii is normally a nonpathogenic yeast. S.boulardii has been used to treat diarrhea associatedwith antibiotic use."I myself have IgA reactions to this yeast which isnone other that Baker's and Brewer's yeast (the samething in case you didn't know that). If you arereacting to your probiotics it is likely that it is ayeast sensitivity (which makes sense given that glutencross reacts with some yeasts) (I think it makes senseanyway.)If you react to this your immune system candamage your intestines. That might be the problem.This yeast is in a lot of things--kefir and otherfermented foods, baked things, and it is really a bigallergen especially to those who are sensitive togluten it seems.The following is the entire article on Probiotics fromwhere I copied the previous paragraph in case you areinterested:http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/nutsupdrugs/pro_0034.shtmlOne can be tested for this IgA reaction to yeast atEnterolab if they wish but since you already know thatyou have a reaction to the probiotic you are taking,you might just assume it. If you assume it rememberthat you can't drink beer as it has a lot in it. ;o)Hope this helps.Arline--- > Yep, thanks Dee for all of those links and info... I> will definitely look into all of that. I did the> Enterolab test and came back positive for gluten> sensitivity and I've been on a gluten-free diet for> about a year now. So, that could be the link. The> only thing I have trouble explaining is the reaction> to the probiotics... I think in a few weeks I might> try the probiotic supplements again just to see what> happens and keep a journal. : )> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

You know, that's interesting because there is a type of yeast in this particular brand of probiotics... I did notice that. I did actually test for yeast through Enterolab and it showed a very mild sensitivity. Basically, the normal range was < 10 and my score was 15 I believe. I wasn't sure what that meant but since it didn't seem that high I guess I kind of ignored it.

What's a typical reaction to yeast in people that are sensitive? I've never really looked into it.

,Probiotics are made from yeast and bacteria andmany many Celiacs are sensitive to a yeast calledsaccharomyces Cerevisiae and this yeast has some closerelatives--other saccharomyces-----. The main yeastthat is in probiotics is saccharomyces boulardii. Thefollowing is a paragraph that talks a bit about it."SACCHAROMYCESSaccharomyces belongs to the yeast family. Theprincipal probiotic yeast is Saccharomyces boulardii.Saccharomyces boulardii is also known as Saccharomycescerevisiae Hansen CBS 5296 and S. boulardii. S.boulardii is normally a nonpathogenic yeast. S.boulardii has been used to treat diarrhea associatedwith antibiotic use."I myself have IgA reactions to this yeast which isnone other that Baker's and Brewer's yeast (the samething in case you didn't know that). If you arereacting to your probiotics it is likely that it is ayeast sensitivity (which makes sense given that glutencross reacts with some yeasts) (I think it makes senseanyway.)If you react to this your immune system candamage your intestines. That might be the problem.This yeast is in a lot of things--kefir and otherfermented foods, baked things, and it is really a bigallergen especially to those who are sensitive togluten it seems.The following is the entire article on Probiotics fromwhere I copied the previous paragraph in case you areinterested:http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/nutsupdrugs/pro_0034.shtmlOne can be tested for this IgA reaction to yeast atEnterolab if they wish but since you already know thatyou have a reaction to the probiotic you are taking,you might just assume it. If you assume it rememberthat you can't drink beer as it has a lot in it. ;o)Hope this helps.Arline--- > Yep, thanks Dee for all of those links and info... I> will definitely look into all of that. I did the> Enterolab test and came back positive for gluten> sensitivity and I've been on a gluten-free diet for> about a year now. So, that could be the link. The> only thing I have trouble explaining is the reaction> to the probiotics... I think in a few weeks I might> try the probiotic supplements again just to see what> happens and keep a journal. : )> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi ,

The type of yeast that Dr. Fine tests for is baker's

and brewer's yeast (saccharomyces cerevisiae). It is a

common food and common additive to other foods.

Any reaction at all whether or not it seems low that

is tested for by doctor Fine, if it is above whatever

cutoff he says shows that you are having an autoimmune

attack because of that particular Yeast. You shouldn't

eat it I am afraid. As time goes on you will become

even more sensitive if you eat it.

I don't know what yeast Dr. tested you for?

There are many kinds.

Arline

Guest guest

Hi Arline,

I'm not sure if I responded so I wanted to be sure to....

that's very interesting to know that it is baker's yeast.

Yeast could actually be a problem for me and I just never realized it because I don't get yeast infections.

I am, however, allergic to beer... but then it has barley as well as the yeast, right?

Thanks and I'll look into this,

Hi ,The type of yeast that Dr. Fine tests for is baker'sand brewer's yeast (saccharomyces cerevisiae). It is acommon food and common additive to other foods.Any reaction at all whether or not it seems low thatis tested for by doctor Fine, if it is above whatevercutoff he says shows that you are having an autoimmuneattack because of that particular Yeast. You shouldn'teat it I am afraid. As time goes on you will becomeeven more sensitive if you eat it.I don't know what yeast Dr. tested you for?There are many kinds.Arline__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi Arline,

I'm not sure if I responded so I wanted to be sure to....

that's very interesting to know that it is baker's yeast.

Yeast could actually be a problem for me and I just never realized it because I don't get yeast infections.

I am, however, allergic to beer... but then it has barley as well as the yeast, right?

Hi ,The type of yeast that Dr. Fine tests for is baker'sand brewer's yeast (saccharomyces cerevisiae). It is acommon food and common additive to other foods.Any reaction at all whether or not it seems low thatis tested for by doctor Fine, if it is above whatevercutoff he says shows that you are having an autoimmuneattack because of that particular Yeast. You shouldn'teat it I am afraid. As time goes on you will becomeeven more sensitive if you eat it.I don't know what yeast Dr. tested you for?There are many kinds.Arline__________________________________________________

Guest guest

I think maybe I should try a probiotic supplement with no gluten or yeast and then see what happens... that should definitely tell me something. : )

Guest guest

I am allergic to bakers yeast, but not candida, on the skin,,,,by injection. I am gluten sensitive,,.,,I can no longer drink beer either. I am allergic to wheat barley, oats, and rye. Have you been checked for Celiac/Gluten.? Love Berry Home wrote: Hi Arline, I'm not sure if I responded so I wanted to be sure to.... that's

very interesting to know that it is baker's yeast. Yeast could actually be a problem for me and I just never realized it because I don't get yeast infections. I am, however, allergic to beer... but then it has barley as well as the yeast, right? Thanks and I'll look into this, Re: Bells Palsy and Lyme? (PS) Celiac too) Hi ,The type of yeast that Dr. Fine tests for is baker'sand brewer's yeast (saccharomyces cerevisiae). It is acommon food and common additive to other foods.Any reaction at all whether or not it seems low thatis tested for by doctor Fine, if it is above whatevercutoff he says shows that you are having an autoimmuneattack because of that particular Yeast. You shouldn'teat it I am afraid. As time goes on you will becomeeven more sensitive if you eat it.I don't know what yeast Dr. tested you for?There are many kinds.Arline__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Yes, I definitely am gluten sensitive... tested through Enterolab. But, I don't know about oats... I do eat them sometimes but not often. I can't particularly tell that the oats affect me. I think maybe the headache from the beer and the ruddy face must be from the yeast, which would definitely suggest a yeast allergy then. Hmm....

Oh, my husband accidentally hit two of his knuckles with a hammer while trying to do the edging in the yard today... so he has a reason to be grumpy, I guess. : )

Guest guest

Hi ,

Actually although people do get vaginal yeast

infections from baker's and brewer's yeast, it is

unusual. It really has nothing to do with candida

which is the usual vaginal infection. It usually

happens to people who are baker's (watch out ) or

are around a lot of wheat and flours.

I'm not sure what grains beer has in it but I know it

is full of gluten and yeast. Oats are not recommended

as they are milled where gluten containing grains are

milled and with the same machinery and storage bins,

etc. and so they are considered contaminated with

gluten. I am so sensitive to it that I don't even try

to eat oats. Besides that there is some protein in

oats that a lot of celiacs are apparently sensitive

to. I am too far down the road to make many mistakes.

It gets worse.

People who have migraines have found that when they go

gluten free the migraines disappear. As far as getting

a headache from drinking beer, I can relate. I could

never drink beer (or anything really) because I had

the biggest hangovers ever that would knock me out for

days. I guess it was the gluten and yeast. Strange

that you talked about the red ruddy face and

headaches. I also got flushed--face and neck and chest

when I drank beer.

If I hit my hand with a hammer, I would expect

everybody to serve me, put my feet up, nice massage

with a warm blanket afterward and a nap. (just

joking).

Arline

--- Berry Home wrote:

Hi Arline,

I'm not sure if I responded so I wanted to be sure

to....

that's very interesting to know that it is baker's

yeast.

Yeast could actually be a problem for me and I just

never realized it because I don't get yeast

infections.

I am, however, allergic to beer... but then it has

barley as well as the yeast, right?

> Yes, I definitely am gluten sensitive... tested

> through Enterolab. But, I don't know about oats... I

> do eat them sometimes but not often. I can't

> particularly tell that the oats affect me. I think

> maybe the headache from the beer and the ruddy face

> must be from the yeast, which would definitely

> suggest a yeast allergy then. Hmm....

> Oh, my husband accidentally hit two of his knuckles

> with a hammer while trying to do the edging in the

> yard today... so he has a reason to be grumpy, I

> guess. : )

>

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

Actually although people do get vaginal yeast

infections from baker's and brewer's yeast, it is

unusual. It really has nothing to do with candida

which is the usual vaginal infection. It usually

happens to people who are baker's (watch out ) or

are around a lot of wheat and flours.

I'm not sure what grains beer has in it but I know it

is full of gluten and yeast. Oats are not recommended

as they are milled where gluten containing grains are

milled and with the same machinery and storage bins,

etc. and so they are considered contaminated with

gluten. I am so sensitive to it that I don't even try

to eat oats. Besides that there is some protein in

oats that a lot of celiacs are apparently sensitive

to. I am too far down the road to make many mistakes.

It gets worse.

People who have migraines have found that when they go

gluten free the migraines disappear. As far as getting

a headache from drinking beer, I can relate. I could

never drink beer (or anything really) because I had

the biggest hangovers ever that would knock me out for

days. I guess it was the gluten and yeast. Strange

that you talked about the red ruddy face and

headaches. I also got flushed--face and neck and chest

when I drank beer.

If I hit my hand with a hammer, I would expect

everybody to serve me, put my feet up, nice massage