RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Conns dx

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had a single grand-mal seizure in late 2008. Nothing came of it, but I recall how I had been feeling leading up to it and I was low K and maybe my heart wasn't beating right, or a combo of the two. But it was witnessed so we know what it was - I woke up hours later so I didn't know at the time.

So it could be.

I never have had another one after or even before. But it was before DX of Conn's and during a miserable time in my life.

Subject: Conns dxTo: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 12:37 PM

Hi, I'm a 34 year old female, fighting my Uncontrolled bp, low K since 2001. 1st pregnancy in 2000 resulted in fetal demise at 17 weeks 2nd preg delivered at 28 weeks child weighed 2lbs, told it was preeclampsia and that it would be cured with delivery. Pressure remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which were ever really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29 week delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even perinatologist, tested for lupus and said well there's no underlying reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ?? Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs insist it does not. Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, depression... Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so long Aldo came back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any input

??

Guest guest

You have Conn's. Hope they are treating it.

Subject: Conns dxTo: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 12:37 PM

Hi, I'm a 34 year old female, fighting my Uncontrolled bp, low K since 2001. 1st pregnancy in 2000 resulted in fetal demise at 17 weeks 2nd preg delivered at 28 weeks child weighed 2lbs, told it was preeclampsia and that it would be cured with delivery. Pressure remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which were ever really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29 week delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even perinatologist, tested for lupus and said well there's no underlying reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ?? Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs insist it does not. Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, depression... Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so long Aldo came back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any input

??

Guest guest

You have a classical story for PA and pregnancy. There are several here like you and they may chip in. Sorry it took so long to get the Dx but seems to be a pattern at Kaiser. We have at least one other here from Kaiser who took some time to get Dx. One of our goals is to get your health care team up to speed.Give us your renin and aldo numbers and the meds on when measured and 24 hr urine Na and K on day they were done. Have you had a CT or any adrenal imaging done. Tell them you may have PA and may be at risk for kidney injury with CT contrast.CE Grim MD Hi, I'm a 34 year old female, fighting my Uncontrolled bp, low K since 2001. 1st pregnancy in 2000 resulted in fetal demise at 17 weeks 2nd preg delivered at 28 weeks child weighed 2lbs, told it was preeclampsia and that it would be cured with delivery. Pressure remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which were ever really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29 week delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even perinatologist, tested for lupus and said well there's no underlying reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ?? Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs insist it does not. Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, depression... Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so long Aldo came back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any input ??

Guest guest

I forgot to add that in some cases of PA BP gets better during pregnancy but flares after. This is because progesterone is a pretty good aldo antagonist.CE Grim MD Hi, I'm a 34 year old female, fighting my Uncontrolled bp, low K since 2001. 1st pregnancy in 2000 resulted in fetal demise at 17 weeks 2nd preg delivered at 28 weeks child weighed 2lbs, told it was preeclampsia and that it would be cured with delivery. Pressure remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which were ever really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29 week delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even perinatologist, tested for lupus and said well there's no underlying reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ?? Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs insist it does not. Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, depression... Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so long Aldo came back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any input ??

Guest guest

My seizure was a grand mal also, when I was admitted to the trauma unit my potassium was 2.5....yet they insisted it was not the low potassium.

Guest guest

If you faint from low BP it may well look like a Gran Mal. Can you give us details? Did you pee or soil your pants? Meds you were on, time of day, how you felt before during and after. My bet is it was the low K, but I was not there.How many times a night do you get up to pee?Have you been advised to DASH yet?CE Grim MD My seizure was a grand mal also, when I was admitted to the trauma unit my potassium was 2.5....yet they insisted it was not the low potassium.

Guest guest

Thanks to everyone for the responses, I was on welbutrin to help with depression, and to help quitting smoking. prior to the seizure was very fatigued, extreme leg weakness, I did wet myself, and my daughters and neighbor witnessed it. I was shaking and and foaming at the mouth..I had a total of four seizures that day, one was in the ambulance, so confirmed to be grand mal by emt tech. Wellbutrin was what they said caused it, however, 4 months later I had a pseudo seizure and was not on wellbutrin. Interesting, and confusing.

Guest guest

Did you have an abnormal EEG? What was your BPs at the time?Bad fainting causes a gran mal like seizure and an EMT cannot separate it from "bad" fainting as I recall.have you ever fainted when blood was drawn?CE Grim MD Thanks to everyone for the responses, I was on welbutrin to help with depression, and to help quitting smoking. prior to the seizure was very fatigued, extreme leg weakness, I did wet myself, and my daughters and neighbor witnessed it. I was shaking and and foaming at the mouth..I had a total of four seizures that day, one was in the ambulance, so confirmed to be grand mal by emt tech. Wellbutrin was what they said caused it, however, 4 months later I had a pseudo seizure and was not on wellbutrin. Interesting, and confusing.

Guest guest

Seizures are listed as side effect of some antidepressants. Were you still

taking antidepressants when you had the pseudo seizure 4 months later?

>

> Thanks to everyone for the responses, I was on welbutrin to help with

depression, and to help quitting smoking. prior to the seizure was very

fatigued, extreme leg weakness,  I did wet myself, and my daughters and neighbor

witnessed it.  I was shaking and and foaming at the mouth..I had a total of four

seizures that day, one was in the ambulance, so confirmed to be grand mal by emt

tech.  Wellbutrin was what they said caused it, however, 4 months later I had a

pseudo seizure and was not on wellbutrin.  Interesting, and confusing.

>

Guest guest

from http://www.wellbutrin.com/

WELLBUTRIN XL is not for everyone. There is a risk of seizure with WELLBUTRIN XL

which increases with higher doses. Taking more than 450 mg/day increases the

chance of serious side effects. Don't use it if you've had a seizure or eating

disorder, or if you abruptly stop using alcohol or sedatives. Don't take with

MAOIs, or medicines that contain bupropion. When used with a nicotine patch or

alone, there is a risk of increased blood pressure, sometimes severe. To reduce

risk of serious side effects, tell your doctor if you have liver or kidney

problems. Other side effects may include weight loss, dry mouth, nausea,

difficulty sleeping, dizziness, sore throat, constipation, or flatulence.

>

> >

> > Thanks to everyone for the responses, I was on welbutrin to help

> > with depression, and to help quitting smoking. prior to the seizure

> > was very fatigued, extreme leg weakness, I did wet myself, and my

> > daughters and neighbor witnessed it. I was shaking and and foaming

> > at the mouth..I had a total of four seizures that day, one was in

> > the ambulance, so confirmed to be grand mal by emt tech. Wellbutrin

> > was what they said caused it, however, 4 months later I had a pseudo

> > seizure and was not on wellbutrin. Interesting, and confusing.

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I was not taking any antidepressants when the so called pseudo seizure occurred.Thanks for your responses:) To: hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 2:22 PM Subject: Re: Conns dx

from http://www.wellbutrin.com/

WELLBUTRIN XL is not for everyone. There is a risk of seizure with WELLBUTRIN XL which increases with higher doses. Taking more than 450 mg/day increases the chance of serious side effects. Don't use it if you've had a seizure or eating disorder, or if you abruptly stop using alcohol or sedatives. Don't take with MAOIs, or medicines that contain bupropion. When used with a nicotine patch or alone, there is a risk of increased blood pressure, sometimes severe. To reduce risk of serious side effects, tell your doctor if you have liver or kidney problems. Other side effects may include weight loss, dry mouth, nausea, difficulty sleeping, dizziness, sore throat, constipation, or flatulence.

>

> >

> > Thanks to everyone for the responses, I was on welbutrin to help

> > with depression, and to help quitting smoking. prior to the seizure

> > was very fatigued, extreme leg weakness, I did wet myself, and my

> > daughters and neighbor witnessed it. I was shaking and and foaming

> > at the mouth..I had a total of four seizures that day, one was in

> > the ambulance, so confirmed to be grand mal by emt tech. Wellbutrin

> > was what they said caused it, however, 4 months later I had a pseudo

> > seizure and was not on wellbutrin. Interesting, and confusing.

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Like you, I also have Kaiser for my health care so thought I'd chime in here. Print out Dr. Grim's Evolution of PA paper and bring it to all the physicians you see at Kaiser. Make sure and let them know that Dr. Grim trained with Dr. Conn. When you do that their hearing improves rapidly.I have found that while Kaiser is really a good health care system in general, sometimes when you present them with an unusual case (and let me digress here by saying that I don't believe that Conn's is all that unusual, but it's unusual to be able to get a diagnosis) you may need to take someone with you to some of your appointments. I took my husband and he helped me remember what was said, but also since there was a witness to my doctor's visit my doctor took my symptoms more seriously. Sad to say, but I did get better treatment with him

along.Kaiser is a system that tends to throw a pill at whatever symptoms you might have, so be careful about that. You can end up on way too many pills for problems that are actually solved by a low salt diet and Spiro. Inform yourself and do not let Kaiser give you the run-around.Most of your symptoms were my symptoms too, and that's probably true for most people belonging to this group, so hang in there. You have found the right group.If you want more help dealing with Kaiser please just write me. By the way, Kaiser never did diagnose me, I diagnosed myself with the help of the Internet, then found this group and demanded the tests from a reluctant Kaiser; so don't rely solely on Kaiser.DianneF- 69. Bi-lateral adenomas, probably had PA for over 25 years before diagnosis. Subject: Conns dxTo: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 10:37 AM

Hi, I'm a 34 year old female, fighting my Uncontrolled bp, low K since 2001. 1st pregnancy in 2000 resulted in fetal demise at 17 weeks 2nd preg delivered at 28 weeks child weighed 2lbs, told it was preeclampsia and that it would be cured with delivery. Pressure remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which were ever really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29 week delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even perinatologist, tested for lupus and said well there's no underlying reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ?? Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs insist it does not. Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, depression... Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so long Aldo came back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any input ??

Guest guest

Thank you for that info. I'm so baffled by docs who can just miss so many red flags, not to mention, on several occasions I voiced my concern that I felt something was going on besides hypertension.We do kinda have to be our own advocates, or will end up another statistic. I'm really angered feeling my quality of life may not have suffered so much had I been properly diagnosed. Can kaiser be held accountable for negligence in cases like these?

Like you, I also have Kaiser for my health care so thought I'd chime in here. Print out Dr. Grim's Evolution of PA paper and bring it to all the physicians you see at Kaiser. Make sure and let them know that Dr. Grim trained with Dr. Conn. When you do that their hearing improves rapidly.I have found that while Kaiser is really a good health care system in general, sometimes when you present them with an unusual case (and let me digress here by saying that I don't believe that Conn's is all that unusual, but it's unusual to be able to get a diagnosis) you may need to take someone with you to some of your appointments. I took my husband and he helped me remember what was said, but also since there was a witness to my doctor's visit my doctor took my symptoms more seriously. Sad to say, but I did get better treatment with him

along.Kaiser is a system that tends to throw a pill at whatever symptoms you might have, so be careful about that. You can end up on way too many pills for problems that are actually solved by a low salt diet and Spiro. Inform yourself and do not let Kaiser give you the run-around.Most of your symptoms were my symptoms too, and that's probably true for most people belonging to this group, so hang in there. You have found the right group.If you want more help dealing with Kaiser please just write me. By the way, Kaiser never did diagnose me, I diagnosed myself with the help of the Internet, then found this group and demanded the tests from a reluctant Kaiser; so don't rely solely on Kaiser.DianneF- 69. Bi-lateral adenomas, probably had PA for over 25 years before diagnosis. Subject: Conns dxTo: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 10:37 AM

Hi, I'm a 34 year old female, fighting my Uncontrolled bp, low K since 2001. 1st pregnancy in 2000 resulted in fetal demise at 17 weeks 2nd preg delivered at 28 weeks child weighed 2lbs, told it was preeclampsia and that it would be cured with delivery. Pressure remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which were ever really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29 week delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even perinatologist, tested for lupus and said well there's no underlying reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ?? Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs insist it does not. Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, depression... Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so long Aldo came back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any input ??

Guest guest

Don't know much about the kaiser system. But can't hurt to talk to a lawyer. You

can at least file a complaint against the Dr that mis DX you with the state

medical board.

> >

> >

> > Subject: Conns dx

> > To: " hyperaldosteronism "

<hyperaldosteronism >

> > Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 10:37 AM

> >

> >

> > Hi, I'm a 34 year old female, fighting my Uncontrolled bp, low K since 2001.

1st pregnancy in 2000 resulted in fetal demise at 17 weeks 2nd preg delivered at

28 weeks child weighed 2lbs, told it was preeclampsia and that it would be cured

with delivery. Pressure remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which

were ever really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29 week

delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even perinatologist, tested

for lupus and said well there's no underlying reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ??

Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs

insist it does not. Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety,

depression... Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its

time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so long Aldo came

back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any input ??

> >

>

Guest guest

Most on here have been told they need antidepressants or anti anxiety meds. Do

you have brain fog?

> >

> > >

> > > Thanks to everyone for the responses, I was on welbutrin to help

> > > with depression, and to help quitting smoking. prior to the seizure

> > > was very fatigued, extreme leg weakness, I did wet myself, and my

> > > daughters and neighbor witnessed it. I was shaking and and foaming

> > > at the mouth..I had a total of four seizures that day, one was in

> > > the ambulance, so confirmed to be grand mal by emt tech. Wellbutrin

> > > was what they said caused it, however, 4 months later I had a pseudo

> > > seizure and was not on wellbutrin. Interesting, and confusing.

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

and a decline in renal function after a CT as I recall. Can you add this to your thumbnail if I arm correct.CE Grim MD Like you, I also have Kaiser for my health care so thought I'd chime in here. Print out Dr. Grim's Evolution of PA paper and bring it to all the physicians you see at Kaiser. Make sure and let them know that Dr. Grim trained with Dr. Conn. When you do that their hearing improves rapidly.I have found that while Kaiser is really a good health care system in general, sometimes when you present them with an unusual case (and let me digress here by saying that I don't believe that Conn's is all that unusual, but it's unusual to be able to get a diagnosis) you may need to take someone with you to some of your appointments. I took my husband and he helped me remember what was said, but also since there was a witness to my doctor's visit my doctor took my symptoms more seriously. Sad to say, but I did get better treatment with him along.Kaiser is a system that tends to throw a pill at whatever symptoms you might have, so be careful about that. You can end up on way too many pills for problems that are actually solved by a low salt diet and Spiro. Inform yourself and do not let Kaiser give you the run-around.Most of your symptoms were my symptoms too, and that's probably true for most people belonging to this group, so hang in there. You have found the right group.If you want more help dealing with Kaiser please just write me. By the way, Kaiser never did diagnose me, I diagnosed myself with the help of the Internet, then found this group and demanded the tests from a reluctant Kaiser; so don't rely solely on Kaiser.DianneF- 69. Bi-lateral adenomas, probably had PA for over 25 years before diagnosis. Subject: Conns dxTo: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 10:37 AM Hi, I'm a 34 year old female, fighting my Uncontrolled bp, low K since 2001. 1st pregnancy in 2000 resulted in fetal demise at 17 weeks 2nd preg delivered at 28 weeks child weighed 2lbs, told it was preeclampsia and that it would be cured with delivery. Pressure remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which were ever really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29 week delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even perinatologist, tested for lupus and said well there's no underlying reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ?? Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs insist it does not. Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, depression... Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so long Aldo came back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any input ??

Guest guest

Hmmm. Legal issues are not my area of expertise but possibly losing babies due to missed Dx and Rx seems like a reasonable issue to discuss with Kaiser. So the many others in the K systems like you will not have the same problems.CE Grim MD Thank you for that info. I'm so baffled by docs who can just miss so many red flags, not to mention, on several occasions I voiced my concern that I felt something was going on besides hypertension.We do kinda have to be our own advocates, or will end up another statistic. I'm really angered feeling my quality of life may not have suffered so much had I been properly diagnosed. Can kaiser be held accountable for negligence in cases like these? Like you, I also have Kaiser for my health care so thought I'd chime in here. Print out Dr. Grim's Evolution of PA paper and bring it to all the physicians you see at Kaiser. Make sure and let them know that Dr. Grim trained with Dr. Conn. When you do that their hearing improves rapidly.I have found that while Kaiser is really a good health care system in general, sometimes when you present them with an unusual case (and let me digress here by saying that I don't believe that Conn's is all that unusual, but it's unusual to be able to get a diagnosis) you may need to take someone with you to some of your appointments. I took my husband and he helped me remember what was said, but also since there was a witness to my doctor's visit my doctor took my symptoms more seriously. Sad to say, but I did get better treatment with him along.Kaiser is a system that tends to throw a pill at whatever symptoms you might have, so be careful about that. You can end up on way too many pills for problems that are actually solved by a low salt diet and Spiro. Inform yourself and do not let Kaiser give you the run-around.Most of your symptoms were my symptoms too, and that's probably true for most people belonging to this group, so hang in there. You have found the right group.If you want more help dealing with Kaiser please just write me. By the way, Kaiser never did diagnose me, I diagnosed myself with the help of the Internet, then found this group and demanded the tests from a reluctant Kaiser; so don't rely solely on Kaiser.DianneF- 69. Bi-lateral adenomas, probably had PA for over 25 years before diagnosis. Subject: Conns dxTo: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 10:37 AM Hi, I'm a 34 year old female, fighting my Uncontrolled bp, low K since 2001. 1st pregnancy in 2000 resulted in fetal demise at 17 weeks 2nd preg delivered at 28 weeks child weighed 2lbs, told it was preeclampsia and that it would be cured with delivery. Pressure remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which were ever really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29 week delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even perinatologist, tested for lupus and said well there's no underlying reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ?? Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs insist it does not. Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, depression... Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so long Aldo came back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any input ??

Guest guest

We suspect the skipped school the day Conn's was talked about or they were told they MIGHT see one case in their life time. Unfortunately most have seen many and missed them.CE Grim MD Thank you for that info. I'm so baffled by docs who can just miss so many red flags, not to mention, on several occasions I voiced my concern that I felt something was going on besides hypertension.We do kinda have to be our own advocates, or will end up another statistic. I'm really angered feeling my quality of life may not have suffered so much had I been properly diagnosed. Can kaiser be held accountable for negligence in cases like these? Like you, I also have Kaiser for my health care so thought I'd chime in here. Print out Dr. Grim's Evolution of PA paper and bring it to all the physicians you see at Kaiser. Make sure and let them know that Dr. Grim trained with Dr. Conn. When you do that their hearing improves rapidly.I have found that while Kaiser is really a good health care system in general, sometimes when you present them with an unusual case (and let me digress here by saying that I don't believe that Conn's is all that unusual, but it's unusual to be able to get a diagnosis) you may need to take someone with you to some of your appointments. I took my husband and he helped me remember what was said, but also since there was a witness to my doctor's visit my doctor took my symptoms more seriously. Sad to say, but I did get better treatment with him along.Kaiser is a system that tends to throw a pill at whatever symptoms you might have, so be careful about that. You can end up on way too many pills for problems that are actually solved by a low salt diet and Spiro. Inform yourself and do not let Kaiser give you the run-around.Most of your symptoms were my symptoms too, and that's probably true for most people belonging to this group, so hang in there. You have found the right group.If you want more help dealing with Kaiser please just write me. By the way, Kaiser never did diagnose me, I diagnosed myself with the help of the Internet, then found this group and demanded the tests from a reluctant Kaiser; so don't rely solely on Kaiser.DianneF- 69. Bi-lateral adenomas, probably had PA for over 25 years before diagnosis. Subject: Conns dxTo: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 10:37 AM Hi, I'm a 34 year old female, fighting my Uncontrolled bp, low K since 2001. 1st pregnancy in 2000 resulted in fetal demise at 17 weeks 2nd preg delivered at 28 weeks child weighed 2lbs, told it was preeclampsia and that it would be cured with delivery. Pressure remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which were ever really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29 week delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even perinatologist, tested for lupus and said well there's no underlying reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ?? Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs insist it does not. Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, depression... Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so long Aldo came back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any input ??

Guest guest

Brain fog,panic attacks, palpitations. I was told my fatigue was depression.

Most on here have been told they need antidepressants or anti anxiety meds. Do you have brain fog?

> >

> > >

> > > Thanks to everyone for the responses, I was on welbutrin to help

> > > with depression, and to help quitting smoking. prior to the seizure

> > > was very fatigued, extreme leg weakness, I did wet myself, and my

> > > daughters and neighbor witnessed it. I was shaking and and foaming

> > > at the mouth..I had a total of four seizures that day, one was in

> > > the ambulance, so confirmed to be grand mal by emt tech. Wellbutrin

> > > was what they said caused it, however, 4 months later I had a pseudo

> > > seizure and was not on wellbutrin. Interesting, and confusing.

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Ive had plenty creatine and Glom filt rate tests, can i send you those numbers?

Would that show any indications of kidney damage?

> >

> >

> > Subject: Conns dx

> > To: " hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism

> > >

> > Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 10:37 AM

> >

> >

> > Hi, I'm a 34 year old female, fighting my Uncontrolled bp, low K

> > since 2001. 1st pregnancy in 2000 resulted in fetal demise at 17

> > weeks 2nd preg delivered at 28 weeks child weighed 2lbs, told it was

> > preeclampsia and that it would be cured with delivery. Pressure

> > remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which were ever

> > really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29

> > week delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even

> > perinatologist, tested for lupus and said well there's no underlying

> > reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ?? Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if

> > hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs insist it does not.

> > Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, depression...

> > Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its

> > time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so long

> > Aldo came back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any input ??

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

As it low K causing seizures depends on what you read. I think we can say it

causes seizure like SX.

What about shortness of breath?

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks to everyone for the responses, I was on welbutrin to help

> > > > > with depression, and to help quitting smoking. prior to the seizure

> > > > > was very fatigued, extreme leg weakness, I did wet myself, and my

> > > > > daughters and neighbor witnessed it. I was shaking and and foaming

> > > > > at the mouth..I had a total of four seizures that day, one was in

> > > > > the ambulance, so confirmed to be grand mal by emt tech. Wellbutrin

> > > > > was what they said caused it, however, 4 months later I had a pseudo

> > > > > seizure and was not on wellbutrin. Interesting, and confusing.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

nearly all malpractice/medical cases have a 2 year statute of limitations so I have been told by lawyers. But those involving babies might be different

Subject: Conns dxTo: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 10:37 AM

??

Guest guest

You have PA it seems but need numbers on renin and aldo.CE Grim MD Brain fog,panic attacks, palpitations. I was told my fatigue was depression. Most on here have been told they need antidepressants or anti anxiety meds. Do you have brain fog? > > > > > > > > Thanks to everyone for the responses, I was on welbutrin to help > > > with depression, and to help quitting smoking. prior to the seizure > > > was very fatigued, extreme leg weakness, I did wet myself, and my > > > daughters and neighbor witnessed it. I was shaking and and foaming > > > at the mouth..I had a total of four seizures that day, one was in > > > the ambulance, so confirmed to be grand mal by emt tech. Wellbutrin > > > was what they said caused it, however, 4 months later I had a pseudo > > > seizure and was not on wellbutrin. Interesting, and confusing. > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

You can send me if you want to hire me as a consultant for 1 year. $500Or do an excel file time on x axis and Creat and GFR on Y axis with notes on different meds started and stopped and dates for MRI or CT with contrast across time.CE Grim MD Ive had plenty creatine and Glom filt rate tests, can i send you those numbers? Would that show any indications of kidney damage? > > > > > > Subject: Conns dx > > To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > > > > > Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 10:37 AM > > > > > > Hi, I'm a 34 year old female, fighting my Uncontrolled bp, low K > > since 2001. 1st pregnancy in 2000 resulted in fetal demise at 17 > > weeks 2nd preg delivered at 28 weeks child weighed 2lbs, told it was > > preeclampsia and that it would be cured with delivery. Pressure > > remained uncontrolled, took several meds, none of which were ever > > really effective. Next pregnancy was unplanned and resulted in 29 > > week delivery. Docs never checked my aldo, or renin . Not even > > perinatologist, tested for lupus and said well there's no underlying > > reason for ur bp.... Hmmm ?? Suffered seizures in 2009, wonder if > > hypokalemia could have caused that? Docs insist it does not. > > Constant fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, depression... > > Finally after a k test that was as always low 3.0 doc decides its > > time to see an endo. This is Kaiser so not surprised it took so long > > Aldo came back high, renin low... Next up sodium test.. Any input ?? > > > > >

Guest guest

and peeing at night and muscle cramps and drawing hands and feet and metallic taste in your mouth?CE Grim MDOn Dec 15, 2011, at 8:39 AM, Francis Bill SUSPECTED PA wrote: As it low K causing seizures depends on what you read. I think we can say it causes seizure like SX. What about shortness of breath? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks to everyone for the responses, I was on welbutrin to help > > > > > with depression, and to help quitting smoking. prior to the seizure > > > > > was very fatigued, extreme leg weakness, I did wet myself, and my > > > > > daughters and neighbor witnessed it. I was shaking and and foaming > > > > > at the mouth..I had a total of four seizures that day, one was in > > > > > the ambulance, so confirmed to be grand mal by emt tech. Wellbutrin > > > > > was what they said caused it, however, 4 months later I had a pseudo > > > > > seizure and was not on wellbutrin. Interesting, and confusing. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >