RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: QVAR

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Never heard of it. I'm going to look it up though. I need something to help me! even the predinisone is not working today and I'm on 10mg a day now. uggg! Mendez wrote: Hello, My doctor just prescribed QVAR. Does anyone have any experience with it? If yes, did it help?

Guest guest

Wow, that is a lot of prednisone on a daily basis. Yes, this is another type of steriod I guess, at least that is what I found in my research and my breathing is a little easier since I started it. Not perfect, but better.

Re: QVAR

Never heard of it. I'm going to look it up though. I need something to help me! even the predinisone is not working today and I'm on 10mg a day now.

uggg! Mendez <luvbooks1> wrote:

Hello,

My doctor just prescribed QVAR. Does anyone have any experience with it? If yes, did it help?

Guest guest

Yes I use it on a daily basis with my Symbicort, I've had great results with it and it does help!

However if I can get rid of the darn chest and head cold for good I'd be in good shape!

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of MendezSent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 1:18 PMTo: asthma Subject: QVAR

Hello,

My doctor just prescribed QVAR. Does anyone have any experience with it? If yes, did it help?

Guest guest

Yes, I've been taking that now since April / May this year. Was doing v well till something (flu jab, I still maintain) set me off again and they've now added salmeterol to the combination. I got put onto that as I was having probs with clenil, which I got put on originally, as I kept getting sore throats and a weak, croaky voice from it; was still at uni then and when you are doing a degree that involves a lot of speaking (French and Spanish), losing your voice is not ideal. Especially not now I'm a trainee teacher! Clenil and Qvar are both the same drug, just in a different spray; Qvar is softer and finer and doesn't irritate (it also doesn't cause me to cough violently, meaning half of it doesn't get near my lungs anyway!).

Remember with Qvar that it is twice as strong as other inhalers containing beclometasone. By this, I mean, I take 400mcg daily, but that would work out at 800mcg if I were to take it using a different inhaler.

Jenn

Tha can tek t'lass outta Yorkshire...!

Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.

Subject: QVARTo: asthma Date: Thursday, 25 December, 2008, 7:17 PM

Hello,

Guest guest

When I flare up I go on the high dose like now. when I settle down and am not nebulizing so much and can do things without feeling tight and coughing I can drop back to 40 on the Qvar, That stuff is expensive, there is no generic for it here in the states so under our insurance It cost me (copay) $45. My dr gives me the Qvar same size as the prescription when I told him how much it was! I actually need to go back to him to find out when he get's restocked on my meds. I just did an emergency refill and it cost me over $300. Crazy crazy crazy I swear!!

Hope everyone breath easy! And go easy on that laughing, I know it set's alot of us off LOL

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of A HillSent: Friday, December 26, 2008 2:42 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: QVAR

Yes, I've been taking that now since April / May this year. Was doing v well till something (flu jab, I still maintain) set me off again and they've now added salmeterol to the combination. I got put onto that as I was having probs with clenil, which I got put on originally, as I kept getting sore throats and a weak, croaky voice from it; was still at uni then and when you are doing a degree that involves a lot of speaking (French and Spanish), losing your voice is not ideal. Especially not now I'm a trainee teacher! Clenil and Qvar are both the same drug, just in a different spray; Qvar is softer and finer and doesn't irritate (it also doesn't cause me to cough violently, meaning half of it doesn't get near my lungs anyway!).

Remember with Qvar that it is twice as strong as other inhalers containing beclometasone. By this, I mean, I take 400mcg daily, but that would work out at 800mcg if I were to take it using a different inhaler.

Jenn

Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.

Hello,

Guest guest

Hello,

That is very expensive, I have a sample also, so my insurance probably won't cover it either, and it is making me feel better.

QVARTo: asthma Date: Thursday, 25 December, 2008, 7:17 PM

Hello,

Guest guest

can you refresh my memory on what works better for you Qvar or prednisone? I am really having a rough time getting mine under control. I am even taking night time Robutussin to get some sleep because all the inhalers and nebulizer wire me so bad!

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of MendezSent: Friday, December 26, 2008 1:09 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: QVAR

Wow, that is a lot of prednisone on a daily basis. Yes, this is another type of steriod I guess, at least that is what I found in my research and my breathing is a little easier since I started it. Not perfect, but better.

Never heard of it. I'm going to look it up though. I need something to help me! even the predinisone is not working today and I'm on 10mg a day now.

Hello,

Guest guest

I just pay the same prescription charge for it as I would do for any other. I guess Clenil Modulite is the generic version - do you not have that? It sounds, from what you all say, that they prescribe different drugs over here from what you get. For instance, I get the impression that you all take Qvar as an extra thing when things get bad: here, the drug in that is one of the ones they'd give you first, before trying other options. They tend to try to give you the least possible then build up.

Jenn

Hello,

Guest guest

So far QVAR is working pretty well, along with Symbicort. Sterioids in pill form don't seem to work for me, when I get the shots though, it is great.

Hello,

Guest guest

The shots work better with me too! last longer and takes effect alot faster. I'm really glad you joined this list!!

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of MendezSent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 12:01 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: QVAR

So far QVAR is working pretty well, along with Symbicort. Sterioids in pill form don't seem to work for me, when I get the shots though, it is great.

Hello,

Guest guest

Thank you so much, I have never been so active on a list so quickly before. I think I really must need everyone here, I have already learned so much.

Hello,