RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Q: Foods to avoid if Gall stones

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have a patient qith gallstones who's MD gave her a list of foods to avoid until she gets her gallbladder out. She is working with me now to try to hang on to her gallbladder of course. But there are some vegetables and fruits listed on the avoid list and I have to assume that his reasoning is that they may somehow stimulate the gallbladder too much and cause an attack as his only goal with the diet is to prevent an attack until surgery. These are the foods: Broccoli brussel sprouts cabbage cauliflower corn cucumber garlic dried peas and beans onions green peppers rutabagas turnips sauerkraut avocado raw apple melons berries raw pineapple Everything else on the list is fatty

foods and pretty obvious why to avoid. Does anyone have more insight on this list of foods above and how they may aggravate the gall bladder? Of course I want her to eat most of these foods and she is afraid to now that he gave her this. I told her I'd look into it to get the reasoning so maybe she would feel comfortable eating them again. Arghh! Kim Saxe, NDKim E. Saxe, ND Vice-President, Wisconsin Naturopathic Physicians Association www.milwaukeenaturopathic.com "Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.

It will never fail you." ~ lloyd Seven Stones Center for Wellness 1924 N Farwell Ave Milwaukee, WI 53202 414.224.1074

Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.