RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: The Mayo study - Carolyn

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Carolyn - just as a general comment, if PCR did not work it is unlikely that FCR would work.

Campath is always an alternative.

The new immunomodulators, revlimid and thalomid, might be a choice.

Many docs are using bendamustine on patients who did not do well on PCR or FCR.

There are many choices, but they must be evaluated carefully.

By the way, just what do you mean when you say it failed? Blood counts? Big lymph nodes?

AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday needs. Search Now.

Guest guest

PCR worked; it just did not last long enough. Lymph nodes are growing, and lymphocytes have doubled. Blood counts looked good after the treatment for about a year. I have probably had this disease for about 9 years but did not know I had it until about 4 1/2 years ago and first treated 1 and 1/2 years ago.

From: jb50192@... <jb50192@...>Subject: Re: Re: The Mayo study - Carolyn Date: Tuesday, November 11, 2008, 2:22 PM

Carolyn - just as a general comment, if PCR did not work it is unlikely that FCR would work.

Campath is always an alternative.

The new immunomodulators, revlimid and thalomid, might be a choice.

Many docs are using bendamustine on patients who did not do well on PCR or FCR.

There are many choices, but they must be evaluated carefully.

By the way, just what do you mean when you say it failed? Blood counts? Big lymph nodes?

AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday needs. Search Now.

Guest guest

Dr. Furman said in a post that one can try FCR after PCR. And there are all the other alternatives I suggested in my earlier e-mail, plus lots of trials with potentially good results. Get movies delivered to your mailbox. One month free from blockbuster.com

Guest guest

I was seen at M.D. in December due to faster growing lymphocytes and the possibility of cell transformation, as thought by my local oncologist. However, this turned out to be not true. I saw Dr. Wierda, and his preference for my next treatment is for an FCR-baed regimen. Either FCR or one of the two clinical trials, which I may be eligible for--FCR plus Avastin or FCR plus or minus Lumiliximab. Does anyone have any information about these treatments, and what would be the benefit of adding the Avastin and Lumiliximab? I assume it is to get longer remissions. I have another appointment in April, and Dr. Wierda will probably be able to tell me when I will need treatments at that time, and I will have to decide on the treatment. If I choose

the FCR, I will be able to have the first treatment there and come home to have the remainder, which would be a lot more convenient. If I choose one of the clinical trials, I will have to go to every month for three days for each treatment.

Please anyone that can, give me your opinion regarding a second treatment. Also, after FCR are there any more available treatments?

My prognostic factors are as follows: IgVH mutated, 13q deletion on FISH, CD38 negative, and low b2M. The report was early stage disease.

From: jb50192@... <jb50192@...>Subject: Re: Re: The Mayo study - Carolyn Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 11:48 AM

Dr. Furman said in a post that one can try FCR after PCR. And there are all the other alternatives I suggested in my earlier e-mail, plus lots of trials with potentially good results.

Get movies delivered to your mailbox. One month free from blockbuster. com

Guest guest

Carolyn - we'll ask Dr. Furman

Also, we can pose the question on the upcoming teleconference with Dr. Keating if you like.

In a message dated 3/10/2009 12:18:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, carolynhouston@... writes:

I was seen at M.D. in December due to faster growing lymphocytes and the possibility of cell transformation, as thought by my local oncologist. However, this turned out to be not true. I saw Dr. Wierda, and his preference for my next treatment is for an FCR-baed regimen. Either FCR or one of the two clinical trials, which I may be eligible for--FCR plus Avastin or FCR plus or minus Lumiliximab. Does anyone have any information about these treatments, and what would be the benefit of adding the Avastin and Lumiliximab? I assume it is to get longer remissions. I have another appointment in April, and Dr. Wierda will probably be able to tell me when I will need treatments at that time, and I will have to decide on the treatment. If I choose the FCR, I will be able to have the first treatment there and come home to have the remainder, which would be a lot more convenient. If I choose one of the clinical trials, I will have to go to every month for three days for each treatment.

Please anyone that can, give me your opinion regarding a second treatment. Also, after FCR are there any more available treatments?

My prognostic factors are as follows: IgVH mutated, 13q deletion on FISH, CD38 negative, and low b2M. The report was early stage disease.

From: jb50192@... <jb50192@...>Subject: Re: Re: The Mayo study - Carolyn Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 11:48 AM

Dr. Furman said in a post that one can try FCR after PCR. And there are all the other alternatives I suggested in my earlier e-mail, plus lots of trials with potentially good results.

Get movies delivered to your mailbox. One month free from blockbuster. com

Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession.