RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: i'm alive

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Kam,

You have been through so much. I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother. Please know that our thoughts are with you. You are doing remarkably well in recovery, especially given the trials you have suffered.

And, a friend of mine is going through what sounds exactly like your bladder/kidney problems and she has not had scoli surgery.

Bonnie

[ ] i'm alive

Hey everybody. The last two weeks have drained me significantly, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. In addition to the fall and the kidney pain, etc., my grandmother had been in the hospital. On Thursday, we placed her in Hospice care and she died Sunday morning. Gran (mom's mom, she was 86) and Papa (dad's dad who died in December at the age of 91 just before my revision) lived in the same nursing home together. I think losing him took a toll on Gran. They were very close friends and had lived either literally "next door" or down the hall from one another for about 11 years. I am blessed to still have one grandmother living and she, the busy-body, may live to be 111! Time will tell. She's 87 now.

I went to be with mom on Thursday when Gran was transferred out of the hospital and have been pretty spent since then. Also, this is the very most busy time of the year at work and I've been working long hours to prepare for our Summer Enrollment Program. Although Gran had lived here in Oklahoma since 1992 (after my grandfather died, she moved in with my parents), the services and burial will be in Lovington, NM...it's an 8-hour drive (it would also take close to 8 hours to fly it because it's in the middle of nowhere). So, Adam, my brother, Bonedust and I will load in to the Forester in the morning and head out. The services are Thursday and we'll head back on Friday (but will stay overnight somewhere in the middle if need be).

Oh, someone had mentioned my dad's elbow replacement...it was canceled (or at least postponed) because his insurance is claiming it is experimental. His surgeon, Dr. Yamaguchi, is politely explaining that he's been doing this for years and this is the first time an insurance company has claimed it to be experimental. BUT, I suspect God was just making sure half the family wasn't in St. Louis when Gran died. His surgery would've been today. He was rescheduled for August 1st and my follow-up with Dr. Bridwell is July 31st. So, if anyone will be in St. Louie then, we should get together.

I wasn't counting on a long road trip quite so soon, but here goes. I called the PA I saw last week regarding my kidneys and left her a message that I wasn't sure whether or not I felt better or worse, but would call her mid-week next week and let her know. Honestly, I'm pretty sick of doctor's offices at this point! The tests she ran show that my kidney, liver, and glucose levels are all normal, so I think I'll just have a margarita and do a hat dance.

Truth be told, Adam and I are both welcoming the get-away. Working in academia means that the end of the semester feels a lot like it does when you're in college and finals show up "out of nowhere." And, since I still don't have a boss, my workload has been absurd. Fortunately, the Dean was far more understanding and supportive of this trip than I could've imagined and while I'll be taking it as leave without pay, she had no qualms about it, which was encouraging. Anybody know anybody who wants to be the Director of an Assessment and Learning Center in Oklahoma? It's a hoot-n-hollar of a time!

I called my mom (who arrived in Lovington this evening) and the hotel only has dial-up internet access, so I may not be online much before next week, but I'll catch up with all of you at that point.

It's wonderful to read all of the positive outcomes of surgery! Sharon, I am so proud of you that you've turned the scary corner! I think of all of you often and am anxious to hear more details about our get-together so I can plan to attend.

Happy Mother's Day to (most) all of you!

kam

Guest guest

Dear Kam,

I'm so sorry for your loss! This has been a year for you! I'm hoping for you a safe trip out for the funeral and that your revised body handles it well. I know how this can hit you since I lost both Grandmothers this year a month apart. I still pick up the phone to call Grandma Florance when there's something big in my life and then remember she's gone, and it hits me all over again. I'm wishing you healing from the pain of this, it's hard Grandma's are so special. You and I are lucky to be at our age and to have had them so long. You are in my prayers!

[ ] i'm alive

Hey everybody. The last two weeks have drained me significantly, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. In addition to the fall and the kidney pain, etc., my grandmother had been in the hospital. On Thursday, we placed her in Hospice care and she died Sunday morning. Gran (mom's mom, she was 86) and Papa (dad's dad who died in December at the age of 91 just before my revision) lived in the same nursing home together. I think losing him took a toll on Gran. They were very close friends and had lived either literally "next door" or down the hall from one another for about 11 years. I am blessed to still have one grandmother living and she, the busy-body, may live to be 111! Time will tell. She's 87 now.

I went to be with mom on Thursday when Gran was transferred out of the hospital and have been pretty spent since then. Also, this is the very most busy time of the year at work and I've been working long hours to prepare for our Summer Enrollment Program. Although Gran had lived here in Oklahoma since 1992 (after my grandfather died, she moved in with my parents), the services and burial will be in Lovington, NM...it's an 8-hour drive (it would also take close to 8 hours to fly it because it's in the middle of nowhere). So, Adam, my brother, Bonedust and I will load in to the Forester in the morning and head out. The services are Thursday and we'll head back on Friday (but will stay overnight somewhere in the middle if need be).

Oh, someone had mentioned my dad's elbow replacement...it was canceled (or at least postponed) because his insurance is claiming it is experimental. His surgeon, Dr. Yamaguchi, is politely explaining that he's been doing this for years and this is the first time an insurance company has claimed it to be experimental. BUT, I suspect God was just making sure half the family wasn't in St. Louis when Gran died. His surgery would've been today. He was rescheduled for August 1st and my follow-up with Dr. Bridwell is July 31st. So, if anyone will be in St. Louie then, we should get together.

I wasn't counting on a long road trip quite so soon, but here goes. I called the PA I saw last week regarding my kidneys and left her a message that I wasn't sure whether or not I felt better or worse, but would call her mid-week next week and let her know. Honestly, I'm pretty sick of doctor's offices at this point! The tests she ran show that my kidney, liver, and glucose levels are all normal, so I think I'll just have a margarita and do a hat dance.

Truth be told, Adam and I are both welcoming the get-away. Working in academia means that the end of the semester feels a lot like it does when you're in college and finals show up "out of nowhere." And, since I still don't have a boss, my workload has been absurd. Fortunately, the Dean was far more understanding and supportive of this trip than I could've imagined and while I'll be taking it as leave without pay, she had no qualms about it, which was encouraging. Anybody know anybody who wants to be the Director of an Assessment and Learning Center in Oklahoma? It's a hoot-n-hollar of a time!

I called my mom (who arrived in Lovington this evening) and the hotel only has dial-up internet access, so I may not be online much before next week, but I'll catch up with all of you at that point.

It's wonderful to read all of the positive outcomes of surgery! Sharon, I am so proud of you that you've turned the scary corner! I think of all of you often and am anxious to hear more details about our get-together so I can plan to attend.

Happy Mother's Day to (most) all of you!

kam

Guest guest

I am sorry for your loss Kam. You have had a lot on your plate

lately and I hope you find some answers soon. Have a safe trip to

NM. You are in my prayers.

Joyce E

>

>

> Hey everybody. The last two weeks have drained me significantly,

but I

> can see the light at the end of the tunnel. In addition to the

fall and

> the kidney pain, etc., my grandmother had been in the hospital. On

> Thursday, we placed her in Hospice care and she died Sunday

morning.

> Gran (mom's mom, she was 86) and Papa (dad's dad who died in

December at

> the age of 91 just before my revision) lived in the same nursing

home

> together. I think losing him took a toll on Gran. They were very

close

> friends and had lived either literally " next door " or down the

hall from

> one another for about 11 years. I am blessed to still have one

> grandmother living and she, the busy-body, may live to be 111!

Time will

> tell. She's 87 now.

>

> I went to be with mom on Thursday when Gran was transferred out of

the

> hospital and have been pretty spent since then. Also, this is the

very

> most busy time of the year at work and I've been working long

hours to

> prepare for our Summer Enrollment Program. Although Gran had lived

here

> in Oklahoma since 1992 (after my grandfather died, she moved in

with my

> parents), the services and burial will be in Lovington, NM...it's

an

> 8-hour drive (it would also take close to 8 hours to fly it

because it's

> in the middle of nowhere). So, Adam, my brother, Bonedust and I

will

> load in to the Forester in the morning and head out. The services

are

> Thursday and we'll head back on Friday (but will stay overnight

> somewhere in the middle if need be).

>

> Oh, someone had mentioned my dad's elbow replacement...it was

canceled

> (or at least postponed) because his insurance is claiming it is

> experimental. His surgeon, Dr. Yamaguchi, is politely explaining

that

> he's been doing this for years and this is the first time an

insurance

> company has claimed it to be experimental. BUT, I suspect God was

just

> making sure half the family wasn't in St. Louis when Gran died. His

> surgery would've been today. He was rescheduled for August 1st and

my

> follow-up with Dr. Bridwell is July 31st. So, if anyone will be in

St.

> Louie then, we should get together.

>

> I wasn't counting on a long road trip quite so soon, but here

goes. I

> called the PA I saw last week regarding my kidneys and left her a

> message that I wasn't sure whether or not I felt better or worse,

but

> would call her mid-week next week and let her know. Honestly, I'm

pretty

> sick of doctor's offices at this point! The tests she ran show

that my

> kidney, liver, and glucose levels are all normal, so I think I'll

just

> have a margarita and do a hat dance. [:>]

>

> Truth be told, Adam and I are both welcoming the get-away. Working

in

> academia means that the end of the semester feels a lot like it

does

> when you're in college and finals show up " out of nowhere. " And,

since I

> still don't have a boss, my workload has been absurd. Fortunately,

the

> Dean was far more understanding and supportive of this trip than I

> could've imagined and while I'll be taking it as leave without

pay, she

> had no qualms about it, which was encouraging. Anybody know

anybody who

> wants to be the Director of an Assessment and Learning Center in

> Oklahoma? It's a hoot-n-hollar of a time!

>

> I called my mom (who arrived in Lovington this evening) and the

hotel

> only has dial-up internet access, so I may not be online much

before

> next week, but I'll catch up with all of you at that point.

>

> It's wonderful to read all of the positive outcomes of surgery!

Sharon,

> I am so proud of you that you've turned the scary corner! I think

of all

> of you often and am anxious to hear more details about our get-

together

> so I can plan to attend.

>

> Happy Mother's Day to (most) all of you!

>

> kam

>

Guest guest

Kam, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I have to ask -- have you been listening to Neil Diamond? He has a

song called " I'm Alive " and on his newest CD, he talks about

something being a " hoot and a holler "

I might just be interested in that job ??

had no qualms about it, which was encouraging. Anybody know anybody

who

> wants to be the Director of an Assessment and Learning Center in

> Oklahoma? It's a hoot-n-hollar of a time!

>

Guest guest

Kam,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved grandmother. What

else can we put on your plate this month? It is a lot to bear.

I hope your trip is easy on your body and you are able to enjoy the

company of your family and friends as you gather round to say farewell

to Gran.

Peace, Cam

Guest guest

Hi Stacie,

Glad the surgery went well and that you are home and OK.

Sydney

I'm alive

well after a longer then exepted stay and they soem other things ( gave a dog i was trainign as a sd to a prgram to be a service dog for a war vetran his name was hero i thought it fit ) and now on the search for my next adventure findally all healed up and now i have to save up so i can fidn a dog to train again lol dont worry kiras still working and doing well :) anyways sugery went well have a new icd but did not have lead replacement as it was to risky at the time the battery needed replaced due to other health issuses at the time now to come up with a name for the device !

Guest guest

So glad all went well!!

Take care!

In a message dated 6/20/2012 10:45:11 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, lightingpaw@... writes:

well after a longer then exepted stay and they soem other things ( gave a dog i was trainign as a sd to a prgram to be a service dog for a war vetran his name was hero i thought it fit ) and now on the search for my next adventure findally all healed up and now i have to save up so i can fidn a dog to train again lol dont worry kiras still working and doing well :) anyways sugery went well have a new icd but did not have lead replacement as it was to risky at the time the battery needed replaced due to other health issuses at the time now to come up with a name for the device !

Guest guest

Glad to hear it went well and that you're doing good! in MNSent from my iPhoneOn Jun 20, 2012, at 12:42 PM, LIghtingpaw <lightingpaw@...> wrote:

=

Guest guest

Hi Teri,

I am very glad your surgery went well and with a good outcome. Take care of yourself.

Sydney

Re: I'm alive

Stacie, I do admire your courageous and positive attitude. I’m glad to hear you’re doing well.

I haven’t posted in a long time. I had a colon cancer removed in February. It went well—early stage, not metasticized, all lymph nodes clear, no chemo or radiation, just close observation for the next few years. The anesthesiologist visited me the next day and said that my heart behaved perfectly throughout the surgery. They didn’t turn the ICD off, just put a magnet on it. I was hospitalized almost 10 days because of un-planned for bleeding from the internal incision. They gave me too much blood thinner (Enoxaparin (sp?)) too soon. Scary as that was, by the 10th day I was chomping at the bit to get out of the hospital and was stronger than if I’d been sent home on the 4th or 5th day. Oh well, things balance out it seems.

Be well to all,

Teri