RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: MTX and folic acid

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello, Also, folic acid can reduce other side effects, like slight nausea. in VAsnowdrift52003 <snowdrift52003@...> wrote: MTX depletes the body of folic acid in major way. (I'm guessing you are feeling tired most of the time?) They are almost always prescribed together. Ask your doctor.Sierra>> Hi All,> > I have to take MTX injections 15ml ones in every week. But i dont take Folic Acid. is this alrite if i dont take ? > need your suggestions> > cheers> Prathiba

What are the most popular cars? Find out at Autos

Guest guest

I would take Folic acid. MTX leeches it out of your body and helps with reactions of fatigue etc. Be well, Deborah

On 2/22/06, prathiba n <pr_athiba@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have to take MTX injections 15ml ones in every week. But i dont take Folic Acid. is this alrite if i dont take ?

need your suggestions

cheers

Prathiba aclavern33@... wrote:

You can continue you meds through drug assistance programs offered by the drug companies. MTX and folic acid are really cheap. I was on the MTX injections and a 3 month supply cost me less than $10. Folic acid pills can be bought OTC in the non prescription strength...talk to your doc about how many pills to take to bring you back up to an acceptable amount for him.

See if your doc will work with you on fees...most docs have cash pay fees as well as the labs do too.

Also check and see if you have a medicaid program,state run disability program or medical insurance program. Also look for any free clinics or drug studies you may be able to enroll in to get free meds and care.

Good luck

Toni

In a message dated 11/30/2005 3:38:14 P.M. Central Standard Time, Rheumatoid Arthritis

writes:

Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:28:17 -0000 From: " ramyst66 " <

ramyst66@...>Subject: first time joining any on-line groupHi, this is the first time I have ever been a part of any group, on-

line or otherwise. I am 39 years old and was diagnosed with RA August of 2002.(My dad was diagnosed around the time he hit 40 years old.) I had health insurance so was able to go through the process of the

elimination of the " harmful " drugs with the end result of Humira being the one that worked.(Although self injections were very hard to emotionally learn to do as I hate needles.) The first time I tried to refill my prescription, the co-pay went from $6o to $250. I stopped taking anything until August of this year, when a company change in our health insurance, provided me with NO COST home delivery of Humira. Since I didn't take anything for 2 years, my Rheumatologists (excellent doctor who deals with RA himself) also prescribed methatrexate and folic acid as the Humira didn't seem to work as well as it did the first time around. Guess what, the company I worked for closed, filed bankruptcy, and now I am faced with no health insurance and can't afford to pay for Cobra insurance out of my unemployment. I'm not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions? Are there any " alternative " medicines/suppliments that have actually worked for anyone? Thanks for listening to my " story " and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Sincerely,Renita

Jiyo cricket on India cricket

Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

Guest guest

Ronda - I had serious side effects from the MTX pills. My doc switched me to

injections (comes in a vial like insulin) which I do once weekly and it was made

a tredmendous difference. No side effects at all!

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Guest guest

Thank you so much to everyone who responded to my questions about this new

(to me) dose of MTX and folic acid. It is good to know that there are some

others at the same dose who are doing well. The higher dose of folic acid

just sounded weird to me and I wanted to double check. I am scheduled to

see my doc in a couple of weeks and am going to discuss the injectable MTX

with her and see if it might not be a better option for me. Thanks for all

the great insight you guys offered!!

Ronda

Guest guest

I agree, I did the same thing from pill form to injections.

Joy

Hartman <megan_hartman@...> wrote:

Ronda - I had serious side effects from the MTX pills. My doc switched me to

injections (comes in a vial like insulin) which I do once weekly and it was made

a tredmendous difference. No side effects at all!

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Guest guest

I know you have had several replies already, but, I wanted to say that I bump up

my folic acid anytime that I see side effects starting. My hair seems to want

to fall out, so when it starts, I up the folic acid. I have the doctor's ok to

do that.

Phyllis

Guest guest

I'm up to 8 pills a week of MTX now and do have side effects. But,

with the dr's permission, the side effects are lessened with an

increased dose of folic acid. I upped my daily dose and take an extra

tab the day before my MTX dose. This seems to help for me.

Kim

>

> I know you have had several replies already, but, I wanted to say

that I bump up my folic acid anytime that I see side effects starting.

My hair seems to want to fall out, so when it starts, I up the folic

acid. I have the doctor's ok to do that.

>

> Phyllis

>

>