Guest guest

applying for disability

Rate this topic

Guest guest

To:

neurosarcoidosis-subscribe

DISABILITY Application

[View Source]

When one starts thinking of applying for SSDI Here are my suggestions.

When you do your first submission do not do it over the internet even if they offer you that option.

Go to the Social Security Disability Website and look for the words Blue Book. The information about who the book is for changes every few months. What this is is a booklet that is seperated by the systems of our body. When social the social security techs look over your application the count the numbers of words that are on the blue book I am telling you about.

Now your are ready to begin:

Each chapter of the booklet is a system of ones body. even if you don't think you have problems in that system of your body, go through it anyway. Now think your worse case senario and start going through the first system when you find something that has been a

problem for you. Write folling on the first page in word that you have ready in your computer. Set the spacing to 1 1/2 lines ao the tech will h ave space to qrite coments about what you have written.

Now go through each section/system of the body and continue until you reach the last item in the computer book. Have a friend with you who is very understanding you will be surprised at the emotions you will go throgh.

I had 19 type typed by the tine I finished. After I finished I had a areally good cry.

Now attach this to the rest of your application and make sure you sign it;. On each type written page put your name and social security number and number each page.

After they addded the HIV section they made another section to cover diseasess like ours.

You must have not worked for a total of six months before you apply, you can start your application before the six months is up but don't send it in until the six months have passed. O rea;;u dougtht you will be denied but if you have been denied that is the time you get a social security lawyer. He supeana your doctors and have a court stenaghrafer with him or her taking down his testimony.

If you don't like the idea of talking to someone on the phone and you liver near a social security office you can have the phone call changed to an appointment. I did that and brought my husband with me.

NOW VERY IMPORTANT YOU MUST BE OFF A TOTAL OF 6 MONTHS, IF YOU GO BACK FOR 1 HOUR THE SIX MONTHS STARTS AGAIN. STUPID ME DID THAT WHICH ADDED 3 MORE MONTHS TO WAIT UNTIL THE NEW 6 MONTHS HAD

PASSED.

I learned this from a coworker whose husband was a lawyer and disability judge. Following what I have told you got me approved in 3 months. When you hire a lawyer they will charge you a lot usually at least 1/3 your settlement plus expenses. Court costs, stenographer,etc.

The choice is yours, you don't have to follow my suggestions.

When you are typing your paper Just say I can not do over and over.

Any questions just let me know. Wishing you the best.

Darlene or Tracie could this explanation be put in the archives?

Judy in PA