RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

What the HECK was I thinking?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

On Saturday, University (in DC) rented out Paramount's Six Flags in our area for the day. My friends and I were able to get tickets. My daughter (9 years) had never been to an amusement park before, so I decided to take her. I'm a big risk junkie and could not resist the urge to go all out. I knew I would pay the consequences later, but I made the decision to deal with the sarc monster after I had had my fun. I'm not dead yet!!Well...WE HAD A BLAST!!!My little girl was a trooper and allowed me to drag her on multiple rides. She was scared and nervous at first, but pushed through the fear and was a trooper. She is so beautiful and brave and funny. I've been working out a lot more lately and my energy levels have been way up, even though I've recently found out the

sarc is spreading. But, I digress. I decided, just for that day, to give sarcoidosis the big F*CK YOU! I rode almost every roller coaster they've got and a few water rides. I laughed and cried and had such a wonderful time. I screamed my head off on the roller coasters. Screaming out my aggresion and anger. It was awesome!! I was able to forget about sarc for a while and just be regular with my daughter for a few hours. Just be wild and crazy Koshie like I used to be. I even have a picture of my girlfriend and I on one of the roller coasters. HILARIOUS! Two grown women stuffed in the seats, hair blowing straight back, my shirt was coming off my shoulder, I'm holding on to her arm for dear life, our mouths wide open, SCREAMING for Jesus. I'm cracking up now just thinking about it!!On the way home, I explained to my daughter why I'd probably be in bed the whole next day. I was, and she was right there with me the whole time. She made me tea and we

ordered junk food (we don't eat out much anymore-to help mommy keep her weight down) and watched movies. And to top it all off, my son visited on Sunday from college ( State University). It was the first time I had seen him since the beginning of school. He got in bed with us with his beautiful self. My voice is gone, I'm exhausted, my body is screaming with pain, and I'm so happy. Just wanted to share with some people who may understand what I'm going through. I realized that I've been living my life scared for a while. Afraid of overdoing it, afraid that every itch or bump or pain is something new, afraid of everything. But being at the park with Maya made me realize that she's watching me and I don't want her to grow up afraid. I've been in a cocoon of fear for the last 2 years and I want out of it. So, I've got sarcoidosis, but I'm here today, and alive and I'm so so so thankful for this opportunity live my life to the best of

my abilities.Thank you for reading... I love this group!Naa Koshie O. Mills "How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." ~ Washington Carver

Guest guest

Good for you, sounds like a blast, I use to go to those all the time when I was little, My biggest fear is being in the sun and heat, that will make me sick within minutes.

this summer though my daughter wanted to go see a Rodeo, so my husband got tickets we got out the wheel chair, and walk all over the carnival and saw the Rodeo

she wants to be a barrel racer now:). We had a good time, I do wish I would of gone on some of the rides with her.

I'm so glad you did that, yes, we pay, but sometimes we just HAVE to PLAY!! So Good for you, and even the day after sounds great, laying around watching

movies, I love that too. Life has to go on.......... God Bless you and your wonderful family,

Marla

On Saturday, University (in DC) rented out Paramount's Six Flags in our area for the day. My friends and I were able to get tickets. My daughter (9 years) had never been to an amusement park before, so I decided to take her. I'm a big risk junkie and could not resist the urge to go all out. I knew I would pay the consequences later, but I made the decision to deal with the sarc monster after I had had my fun. I'm not dead yet!!

Well...WE HAD A BLAST!!!My little girl was a trooper and allowed me to drag her on multiple rides. She was scared and nervous at first, but pushed through the fear and was a trooper. She is so beautiful and brave and funny. I've been working out a lot more lately and my energy levels have been way up, even though I've recently found out the

sarc is spreading. But, I digress. I decided, just for that day, to give sarcoidosis the big F*CK YOU! I rode almost every roller coaster they've got and a few water rides. I laughed and cried and had such a wonderful time. I screamed my head off on the roller coasters. Screaming out my aggresion and anger. It was awesome!! I was able to forget about sarc for a while and just be regular with my daughter for a few hours. Just be wild and crazy Koshie like I used to be. I even have a picture of my girlfriend and I on one of the roller coasters. HILARIOUS! Two grown women stuffed in the seats, hair blowing straight back, my shirt was coming off my shoulder, I'm holding on to her arm for dear life, our mouths wide open, SCREAMING for Jesus. I'm cracking up now just thinking about it!!

On the way home, I explained to my daughter why I'd probably be in bed the whole next day. I was, and she was right there with me the whole time. She made me tea and we

ordered junk food (we don't eat out much anymore-to help mommy keep her weight down) and watched movies. And to top it all off, my son visited on Sunday from college ( State University). It was the first time I had seen him since the beginning of school. He got in bed with us with his beautiful self. My voice is gone, I'm exhausted, my body is screaming with pain, and I'm so happy.

Just wanted to share with some people who may understand what I'm going through. I realized that I've been living my life scared for a while. Afraid of overdoing it, afraid that every itch or bump or pain is something new, afraid of everything. But being at the park with Maya made me realize that she's watching me and I don't want her to grow up afraid. I've been in a cocoon of fear for the last 2 years and I want out of it. So, I've got sarcoidosis, but I'm here today, and alive and I'm so so so thankful for this opportunity live my life to the best of

my abilities.Thank you for reading... I love this group!Naa Koshie O. Mills " How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. "

~ Washington Carver