RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Staying neutral in a group setting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

you ended a sentence with a preposition.

LOL! Which time??

Thanks Jackie, I'm so in scrambled brain mode right now-- a bit of chemobrain fog going on. I keep thelling myself this too shall pass-- and it does.

Hugs,

Tracie

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 9:59:25 AMSubject: Re: Staying neutral in a group setting

Good writes however you ended a sentence with a preposition. *wink* That is called constructive criticism. I too cry easily. I guess it is from trying to please everyone. I had to learn not to do than anymore. Guess what, it didn't work to well. My humor closes a door to a lot of those who do not understand. It becomes a bit warped at time. I am one of those people who can look you in the eye after you told a rib rocking joke and not laugh. It makes people feel self conscious. But if you all knew my dad you would understand.

You keep up the good work, I think, no I know you are doing a great job.

"if you don't laugh then why do we have jokes?"

Jackie

Re:Emotions

Hi Ron and group,

I used to write in journals quite a bit when I first was diagnosed with NS. I sometimes felt that people just wouldn't understand and didn't want to burden other people with my problems of how I was feeling all the time. For me, my journals where some place I could express all my feelings and nobody would judge me. I could just say exactly what I was feeling good or bad. I always was a journaler though. It does help to get your feelings out and I felt a little better afterwards. So I still journal from time to time when I just want to release some thoughts. People don't always understand what you are going through. So many times I keep things in. Then when I finally let them know what I am thinking everyone seems so surprised.

With the meds, I found myself very emotional, blowing people out one minute and crying the next. I find that I cry much more and sometime I hate that I cry so easily. Everyone thinks you are weak when you cry. But sometimes you just get overwhelmed. I can sympathize with people much more now.

I know I was chosen for some reason and feel that my life is challenged with the condition but on the days I am feeling pretty good I can enjoy things I didn't even used to hardly notice. The pretty sunsets, the cardinals flying around the park, the beautiful leaves in the fall on the trees, and most of all I get to spend time with my family, niece and nephew that were born last year and one this year. I get to go home in the summer time and spend time with my mom and granddad who is ailing from cancer. But I find that I have much more time than I used to when I worked all the time. I have a lot less income but I feel somewhat happier being able to do most of the things I want still.

I have really been blessed through it all. When I am feeling pretty good I guess it is worth it all. So if I become really emotional i realize it is the meds or how I am feeling and it will pass sooner or later.

Let me stop babbling!

Shauna in Atl.

Guest guest

My mother was an English teacher for 40 years. I am not being critical, just a smart ass.

Jackie

Hi Ron and group,

I used to write in journals quite a bit when I first was diagnosed with NS. I sometimes felt that people just wouldn't understand and didn't want to burden other people with my problems of how I was feeling all the time. For me, my journals where some place I could express all my feelings and nobody would judge me. I could just say exactly what I was feeling good or bad. I always was a journaler though. It does help to get your feelings out and I felt a little better afterwards. So I still journal from time to time when I just want to release some thoughts. People don't always understand what you are going through. So many times I keep things in. Then when I finally let them know what I am thinking everyone seems so surprised.

With the meds, I found myself very emotional, blowing people out one minute and crying the next. I find that I cry much more and sometime I hate that I cry so easily. Everyone thinks you are weak when you cry. But sometimes you just get overwhelmed. I can sympathize with people much more now.

I know I was chosen for some reason and feel that my life is challenged with the condition but on the days I am feeling pretty good I can enjoy things I didn't even used to hardly notice. The pretty sunsets, the cardinals flying around the park, the beautiful leaves in the fall on the trees, and most of all I get to spend time with my family, niece and nephew that were born last year and one this year. I get to go home in the summer time and spend time with my mom and granddad who is ailing from cancer. But I find that I have much more time than I used to when I worked all the time. I have a lot less income but I feel somewhat happier being able to do most of the things I want still.

I have really been blessed through it all. When I am feeling pretty good I guess it is worth it all. So if I become really emotional i realize it is the meds or how I am feeling and it will pass sooner or later.

Let me stop babbling!

Shauna in Atl.

Guest guest

I like smart asses. It the dumbass that gets to me....

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 6:37:57 PMSubject: Re: Staying neutral in a group setting

My mother was an English teacher for 40 years. I am not being critical, just a smart ass.

Jackie

Hi Ron and group,

Let me stop babbling!

Shauna in Atl.