RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

this is a great informative group and you will get alot of supprt and

information here. good Luck with everything.

God Bless,

Robin, NorthEastern, NY

EDD- July 27th, 2004

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

Mommy to:

&

(twin boys 7 1/2),

Madison, daughter, 5 years and

Wife to Pup 15 years (October 31, 1988)

Gastric Bypass Surgery-

October 18th 2002

Start-378, current- 246(pregnant)

goal 170 after baby :)

Guest guest

Welcome Annie!

I'm sure you will get lots of great support and advice here. I know I have.

Start taking your extra folic acid and keep taking your daily vitamins!

Chrystal

Wife to Jace - together 6 Years!

Happy Mommy to - 4 Years Old!

New Baby Swenson Due July 28, 2004!

Zookeeper for 2 big dogs and 5 cats who let me feed them!

http://chrystallife.50megs.com/

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/seeswensonauctions/

Guest guest

Welcome Annie! Good luck and glad to have you with us.

Axelrod

Hi

Hi My name is Annie. My doctor said I coudl start trying a year post

op. I have less than four months to go. I'm hoping I can find advice

and encouragement along the way.

Annie

Guest guest

WElcome Annie!!!

Ask lots of questions and don't be afraid to jump in - I have been on

board as a lurker for a while - until recently - and these women are

great!

Trish

> Hi My name is Annie. My doctor said I coudl start trying a year

> op. I have less than four months to go. I'm hoping I can find

advice

> and encouragement along the way.

>

> Annie

Guest guest

Thanks a lot! I'm very excited about seeing all of the great posts

here. Baby dust to all those that are trying and congrats to those

with success!

Annie

Guest guest

GoodLuck Annie!!

DE

RNY 10/16/02

Katelyn 6/94

Miscarriage w/triplets 9/03

EDD#2 8/2/04

" Ann Marie " ahightower@...> wrote:

>Hi My name is Annie. My doctor said I coudl start trying a year post

>op. I have less than four months to go. I'm hoping I can find advice

>and encouragement along the way.

>

>Annie

>

>

--

Have a great day!!

Introducing the New Netscape Internet Service.

Only $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

New! Netscape Toolbar for Internet Explorer

Search from anywhere on the Web and block those annoying pop-ups.

Download now at http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp

Guest guest

Trish, welcome, & congrats!!!! Is this your 1st baby?

WlsMomma

EDD 12/20ish/04 with # 1

> Hi

> My Name is Trish. I am new to this group. I am 28 years old and had

> the ds type surgery on January 26, 2004. I am now 7 weeks pregnant

> and am looking for information and advice. I look forward to

> talking to you all.

> Trish

Guest guest

Trish,

Welcome to the group and congratulations!! Make sure you take your vitamins and

keep up with your OB visits and you will do fine. Best wishes to you!!

EDD#2 8/2/04

Have a great day!!

Switch to the New Netscape Internet Service.

As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Guest guest

Hi Trish,

I had surgery on 1/26/04, also and I am almost 9 weeks pg :) Welcome aboard!

Marj

EDD: 2/14/05

WLS 1/26/04

271/200.5/150

Hi

Hi

My Name is Trish. I am new to this group. I am 28 years old and had

the ds type surgery on January 26, 2004. I am now 7 weeks pregnant

and am looking for information and advice. I look forward to

talking to you all.

Trish

Children are a blessing, and a gift from the Lord. -Psalm 127:3

Guest guest

This is my second child. I have a 5year old daughter. This will be my first

pregnancy after wls.

Re: Hi

Trish, welcome, & congrats!!!! Is this your 1st baby?

WlsMomma

EDD 12/20ish/04 with # 1

> Hi

> My Name is Trish. I am new to this group. I am 28 years old and had

> the ds type surgery on January 26, 2004. I am now 7 weeks pregnant

> and am looking for information and advice. I look forward to

> talking to you all.

> Trish

Guest guest

Thanks

RE: Re: Hi

Trish,

Welcome to the group and congratulations!! Make sure you take your vitamins

and keep up with your OB visits and you will do fine. Best wishes to you!!

EDD#2 8/2/04

Have a great day!!

Switch to the New Netscape Internet Service.

As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Guest guest

Congratulations on a sucessfull journey thus far. Your new life will begin in 7 days.

My name is Cheri and I had lap RNY on 9/12. That was the first day of my new life. It is very normal to be scared and anxious. I was too. What kept me going, was thinking of WHY I was doing this. You are so young and haven't even started living yet. When you loose your weight, you will be a new person. You will experience things you thought were only for someone else to experience. You will no longer have the restrictions placed upon you by your size. I am proud you have begun this journey. You CAN and WILL make it through to the end. You will be a new person.

I am excited for you and you will find a wonderful support group in this site. The people here are understanding and empathetic to our plight, as we have all been down the same road. Although I usually just lurk on this site, I have learned valuable lessons from its wisdom. You will too.

We are with you and will be praying for you on your big day.

CheriLE URIBE wrote:

Hello everyone, I just discovered this group, and am thrilled about it. I'm 26 yrs old and 460lbs.. Im married with no kids yet. My surgery is scheduled for 9/27/05 @ Harbor City Kaiser. Im so scared.. I've been waiting for 2 years and now its 7 days away, and Im scared, anxious, thrilled, all at once. For those of you that have had this done, please tell me, how did you deal with these feelings ( if you had them )?? Part of me finally sees a future, but another part of me, (I guess the part that still recalls the negative past) is scared to imagine anything hopeful too soon.. I'd love to hear from anyone with any words of hope.. Thanks..

Ciao,

Guest guest

Hi....Congratulations!!! I am having the same feelings as you.....my surgery is on 9/28/05.

I am soooo nervous. I feel like I have been waiting forever, and now it is here. I wish you luck and will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Patty

RiversideMICHELLE URIBE wrote:

Hello everyone, I just discovered this group, and am thrilled about it. I'm 26 yrs old and 460lbs.. Im married with no kids yet. My surgery is scheduled for 9/27/05 @ Harbor City Kaiser. Im so scared.. I've been waiting for 2 years and now its 7 days away, and Im scared, anxious, thrilled, all at once. For those of you that have had this done, please tell me, how did you deal with these feelings ( if you had them )?? Part of me finally sees a future, but another part of me, (I guess the part that still recalls the negative past) is scared to imagine anything hopeful too soon.. I'd love to hear from anyone with any words of hope.. Thanks..

Ciao, __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Patty,

Thanks so much for your response. Great luck to you as well.. I'll be thinking of you as well. Patty wrote:

Hi....Congratulations!!! I am having the same feelings as you.....my surgery is on 9/28/05.

I am soooo nervous. I feel like I have been waiting forever, and now it is here. I wish you luck and will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Patty

RiversideMICHELLE URIBE wrote:

Ciao,

Guest guest

Cheri,

Thanks so much for your prayers. Before I found this group, it seemed praying was the only thing that was helping me keep on. I can already see that this group was a great choice. Thank you so much once again.Cheri Ortiz wrote:

Congratulations on a sucessfull journey thus far. Your new life will begin in 7 days.

My name is Cheri and I had lap RNY on 9/12. That was the first day of my new life. It is very normal to be scared and anxious. I was too. What kept me going, was thinking of WHY I was doing this. You are so young and haven't even started living yet. When you loose your weight, you will be a new person. You will experience things you thought were only for someone else to experience. You will no longer have the restrictions placed upon you by your size. I am proud you have begun this journey. You CAN and WILL make it through to the end. You will be a new person.

I am excited for you and you will find a wonderful support group in this site. The people here are understanding and empathetic to our plight, as we have all been down the same road. Although I usually just lurk on this site, I have learned valuable lessons from its wisdom. You will too.

CheriLE URIBE wrote:

Ciao, Ciao,

Guest guest

Congratulations on taking this brave step. It takes a lot to get to this point. Of course you are anxious...you are worried that this surgery, which seems like the final resort...well, maybe it won't really work for you. And if that happens, then what? you will have exhausted your options.

And maybe you are worried about giving up a part of your personality. i know, for me...I was worried about giving up the joie de vivre of eating and drinking with reckless abandon. You know...I mean, I'm the party girl, the hostess with the mostest...the woman with passion and gusto...and I was afraid that I would become less of that...that I'd become less energetic. Less of me.

And maybe you are worried about letting go of your emotional companion...or your "drug" that helps you to cope with the emotional issues in life. i choked down food because I had a lot of anger that I was unwilling to acknowledge. i was always an accomodator for other people, hiding my own needs and feelings...and then eating to deal with my frustration, or loneliness, or sadness.

And I had anxiety about whether I'd be a success or not. Also about How I would deal with sexual temptation when I didn't have my fat suit of armour around me. As a survivor of child molestation...sometimes that fat around me felt like a protection.

Finally...I was nervous about what woul dhappen to my health. Would I die? Would I be sick all of the time? Who would I be? Would I be able to handle the limitations?

OK...so here I am today, after having had the surgery on June 8th of this year. I lost 26 lbs. before the surgery. I am now down 60 more lbs. I weight 175. I am 5'6". I have been anemic, and so I am more tired than I would like to be, but my body is still healing, and I'm getting better. Other than that, no complications.

I want to lose another 40 lbs, but in 20 lbs I will no longer be considered overweight. I have gone from morbidly obese to severely obese, to obese to overweight. And soon, I'll be out of that category into "NORMAL". I wore a size 20 pants, and now my size 12 jeans are too big.

I was propositioned in a club by two mid-20 year old Brazilian HOTTIES who wanted to er...well, you know. And I'm 41. And I was at a club that was filled with beautiful young women. I was able to handle it with grace, and just take it as a compliment. i wasn't afraid.

I am still me. i just hosted a party at Teatro Zinzanni, and played the hostess with gusto, even though I'm anemic and tired, and I couldn't eat as much as others. but, I was able to enjoy what I had...and it was enough.

I am rarely hungry, and I am not obsessed with food. That's a big relief.

The surgery wasn't very painful, and I recovered relatively quickly, except for my energy level.

The thing is...it's totally worth it. Having a new life...being able to go into a REGULAR store, and try on clothes that fit...well, it's fabulous. Having photos taken where you actually look great...well, hey. i'll take it. Knowing that I won't be getting diabetes and heart disease and cancer and all of those weight related diseases...well, that's great. A huge relief.

Also, you mentioned not having a child yet. At over 400 lbs., you probably wouldn't be able to get pregnant. If you did...it would be very dangerous for you and your child. Losing weight will put you into a much healthier place...and you'll be able to be a more active, involved mother.

You'll have a new life.

It's worth it. Go for it!!!!

You'll do great, and we're here for you.

Robynn

MICHELLE URIBE wrote:

Cheri,

Thanks so much for your prayers. Before I found this group, it seemed praying was the only thing that was helping me keep on. I can already see that this group was a great choice. Thank you so much once again.Cheri Ortiz wrote:

CheriLE URIBE wrote:

Ciao,

Ciao,

Guest guest

Welcome ! I began my journey at 424 pounds. I walked

(barely) into my orientation class at Kaiser South San Francisco in a

5X5X/24 shirt and 68-in waist pants. My surgery was 07/30/03, and

today I wear size 36 pants and a medium shirt. This journey is going

to change you in ways you can't even imagine today (and I'm not just

talking about the weight loss!). I wish this surgery had been

available when I was 26! (I'm 48 going on 18 - LOL!)

Feeling scared, anxious, and thrilled at the same time is totally

normal! Do some deep breathing and maybe try meditation. Best of

all, talk to the peeps here. We've all been where you are.

Tim -240

> Hello everyone, I just discovered this group, and am thrilled about

it. I'm 26 yrs old and 460lbs.. Im married with no kids yet. My

surgery is scheduled for 9/27/05 @ Harbor City Kaiser. Im so

scared.. I've been waiting for 2 years and now its 7 days away, and

Im scared, anxious, thrilled, all at once. For those of you that have

had this done, please tell me, how did you deal with these feelings (

if you had them )?? Part of me finally sees a future, but another

part of me, (I guess the part that still recalls the negative past) is

scared to imagine anything hopeful too soon.. I'd love to hear from

anyone with any words of hope.. Thanks..

>

>

>

>

> Ciao,

Guest guest

Welcome to the group, !! I'm sure that you

will this group very helpful/inspirational; I know

that I did!!

Pam b

PS I'll be sending positive thoughts your way on

9/27!!

--- MICHELLE URIBE mrsuribe1@...> wrote:

> Hello everyone, I just discovered this group, and am

> thrilled about it. I'm 26 yrs old and 460lbs.. Im

> married with no kids yet. My surgery is scheduled

> for 9/27/05 @ Harbor City Kaiser. Im so scared..

> I've been waiting for 2 years and now its 7 days

> away, and Im scared, anxious, thrilled, all at once.

> For those of you that have had this done, please

> tell me, how did you deal with these feelings ( if

> you had them )?? Part of me finally sees a future,

> but another part of me, (I guess the part that still

> recalls the negative past) is scared to imagine

> anything hopeful too soon.. I'd love to hear from

> anyone with any words of hope.. Thanks..

>

>

>

>

> Ciao,

>

Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005

http://mail.yahoo.com

Guest guest

Welcome and congrats on your upcoming date!

I remember once I made up my mind to have the surgery and got the

date, everything flew by me in a whirlwind. I didn't feel nervous

going in day of, interestingly enough I had my panic attack on the

way to work the day before. I knew it was my last day of work and I

would come back a changed woman. I broke out in a cold sweat and

everything. I had to concentrate on driving so I was able to talk

myself down, but that was really the only time that I got freaked.

As I said, day of surgery I woke up excited to go in and the staff

was all wonderful. They talk to you soothingly and try to keep you

relaxed. Before you know it you are waking up from surgery and it is

all done!

Good luck!

Kay

336/290/233/?

Dr Baggs surgery- 6/28/05 First day of the rest of my life!

>

> > Hello everyone, I just discovered this group, and am

> > thrilled about it. I'm 26 yrs old and 460lbs.. Im

> > married with no kids yet. My surgery is scheduled

> > for 9/27/05 @ Harbor City Kaiser. Im so scared..

> > I've been waiting for 2 years and now its 7 days

> > away, and Im scared, anxious, thrilled, all at once.

> > For those of you that have had this done, please

> > tell me, how did you deal with these feelings ( if

> > you had them )?? Part of me finally sees a future,

> > but another part of me, (I guess the part that still

> > recalls the negative past) is scared to imagine

> > anything hopeful too soon.. I'd love to hear from

> > anyone with any words of hope.. Thanks..

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Ciao,

> >

>

>

>

>

> __________________________________

> Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Guest guest

--

Hi ,

Welcome. I can relate to all your anxieties,and I really liked

Robynn's reply. Someone from this group once told me that the

emotional part of this journey is sometimes harder to adjust to than

the physical part. I really should be elated right now because I

have more than met my preop goal weight,and I have a surgery date in

October. However,lately, because of pressures at work I sometimes

feel like maybe I should put the surgery off for a while, and I

really don't want to do that. I am so used to thinking about others

more than myself, and trying to be the " pleaser " that I have to stop

and remember to put myself first for once.

Pam E.

- In gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients , Robynn

VanPatten wrote:

> ...

>

> Congratulations on taking this brave step. It takes a lot to get

to this point. Of course you are anxious...you are worried that

this surgery, which seems like the final resort...well, maybe it

won't really work for you. And if that happens, then what? you

will have exhausted your options.

>

> And maybe you are worried about giving up a part of your

personality. i know, for me...I was worried about giving up the

joie de vivre of eating and drinking with reckless abandon. You

know...I mean, I'm the party girl, the hostess with the

mostest...the woman with passion and gusto...and I was afraid that I

would become less of that...that I'd become less energetic. Less of

me.

>

> And maybe you are worried about letting go of your emotional

companion...or your " drug " that helps you to cope with the emotional

issues in life. i choked down food because I had a lot of anger

that I was unwilling to acknowledge. i was always an accomodator

for other people, hiding my own needs and feelings...and then eating

to deal with my frustration, or loneliness, or sadness.

>

> And I had anxiety about whether I'd be a success or not. Also

about How I would deal with sexual temptation when I didn't have my

fat suit of armour around me. As a survivor of child

molestation...sometimes that fat around me felt like a protection.

>

> Finally...I was nervous about what woul dhappen to my health.

Would I die? Would I be sick all of the time? Who would I be?

Would I be able to handle the limitations?

>

> OK...so here I am today, after having had the surgery on June 8th

of this year. I lost 26 lbs. before the surgery. I am now down 60

more lbs. I weight 175. I am 5'6 " . I have been anemic, and so I

am more tired than I would like to be, but my body is still healing,

and I'm getting better. Other than that, no complications.

>

> I want to lose another 40 lbs, but in 20 lbs I will no longer be

considered overweight. I have gone from morbidly obese to severely

obese, to obese to overweight. And soon, I'll be out of that

category into " NORMAL " . I wore a size 20 pants, and now my size 12

jeans are too big.

>

> I was propositioned in a club by two mid-20 year old Brazilian

HOTTIES who wanted to er...well, you know. And I'm 41. And I was

at a club that was filled with beautiful young women. I was able to

handle it with grace, and just take it as a compliment. i wasn't

afraid.

>

> I am still me. i just hosted a party at Teatro Zinzanni, and

played the hostess with gusto, even though I'm anemic and tired, and

I couldn't eat as much as others. but, I was able to enjoy what I

had...and it was enough.

>

> I am rarely hungry, and I am not obsessed with food. That's a big

relief.

>

> The surgery wasn't very painful, and I recovered relatively

quickly, except for my energy level.

>

> The thing is...it's totally worth it. Having a new life...being

able to go into a REGULAR store, and try on clothes that fit...well,

it's fabulous. Having photos taken where you actually look

great...well, hey. i'll take it. Knowing that I won't be getting

diabetes and heart disease and cancer and all of those weight

related diseases...well, that's great. A huge relief.

>

> Also, you mentioned not having a child yet. At over 400 lbs., you

probably wouldn't be able to get pregnant. If you did...it would be

very dangerous for you and your child. Losing weight will put you

into a much healthier place...and you'll be able to be a more

active, involved mother.

>

> You'll have a new life.

>

> It's worth it. Go for it!!!!

> You'll do great, and we're here for you.

>

> Robynn

>

>

>

> MICHELLE URIBE wrote:

> Cheri,

>

> Thanks so much for your prayers. Before I found this group, it

seemed praying was the only thing that was helping me keep on. I

can already see that this group was a great choice. Thank you so

much once again.

>

> Cheri Ortiz wrote:

> ,

>

> Congratulations on a sucessfull journey thus far. Your new life

will begin in 7 days.

>

> My name is Cheri and I had lap RNY on 9/12. That was the first

day of my new life. It is very normal to be scared and anxious. I

was too. What kept me going, was thinking of WHY I was doing this.

You are so young and haven't even started living yet. When you loose

your weight, you will be a new person. You will experience things

you thought were only for someone else to experience. You will no

longer have the restrictions placed upon you by your size. I am

proud you have begun this journey. You CAN and WILL make it through

to the end. You will be a new person.

>

> I am excited for you and you will find a wonderful support group

in this site. The people here are understanding and empathetic to

our plight, as we have all been down the same road. Although I

usually just lurk on this site, I have learned valuable lessons from

its wisdom. You will too.

>

> We are with you and will be praying for you on your big day.

>

> Cheri

>

> LE URIBE wrote:

> Hello everyone, I just discovered this group, and am thrilled

about it. I'm 26 yrs old and 460lbs.. Im married with no kids

yet. My surgery is scheduled for 9/27/05 @ Harbor City Kaiser. Im

so scared.. I've been waiting for 2 years and now its 7 days away,

and Im scared, anxious, thrilled, all at once. For those of you

that have had this done, please tell me, how did you deal with these

feelings ( if you had them )?? Part of me finally sees a future,

but another part of me, (I guess the part that still recalls the

negative past) is scared to imagine anything hopeful too soon.. I'd

love to hear from anyone with any words of hope.. Thanks..

>

>

>

>

> Ciao,

>

>

> Ciao,

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really hope you dont put your surgery off for any reason. Ive come to learn in my few years that you cant be of service to anyone else, if first you dont help yourself. Im also a pleaser, and have always placed everyone else before me, but now, its about me.. I hope all goes well for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you..granela52 wrote:

--Hi ,Welcome. I can relate to all your anxieties,and I really liked Robynn's reply. Someone from this group once told me that the emotional part of this journey is sometimes harder to adjust to than the physical part. I really should be elated right now because I have more than met my preop goal weight,and I have a surgery date in October. However,lately, because of pressures at work I sometimes feel like maybe I should put the surgery off for a while, and I really don't want to do that. I am so used to thinking about others more than myself, and trying to be the "pleaser" that I have to stop and remember to put myself first for once.Pam E.- In gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients , Robynn VanPatten <robynnsf@s...> wrote:> ...> > Congratulations on

taking this brave step. It takes a lot to get to this point. Of course you are anxious...you are worried that this surgery, which seems like the final resort...well, maybe it won't really work for you. And if that happens, then what? you will have exhausted your options. > > And maybe you are worried about giving up a part of your personality. i know, for me...I was worried about giving up the joie de vivre of eating and drinking with reckless abandon. You know...I mean, I'm the party girl, the hostess with the mostest...the woman with passion and gusto...and I was afraid that I would become less of that...that I'd become less energetic. Less of me.> > And maybe you are worried about letting go of your emotional companion...or your "drug" that helps you to cope with the emotional issues in life. i choked down food because I had a lot of

anger that I was unwilling to acknowledge. i was always an accomodator for other people, hiding my own needs and feelings...and then eating to deal with my frustration, or loneliness, or sadness.> > And I had anxiety about whether I'd be a success or not. Also about How I would deal with sexual temptation when I didn't have my fat suit of armour around me. As a survivor of child molestation...sometimes that fat around me felt like a protection.> > Finally...I was nervous about what woul dhappen to my health. Would I die? Would I be sick all of the time? Who would I be? Would I be able to handle the limitations?> > OK...so here I am today, after having had the surgery on June 8th of this year. I lost 26 lbs. before the surgery. I am now down 60 more lbs. I weight 175. I am 5'6". I have been anemic, and so I am

more tired than I would like to be, but my body is still healing, and I'm getting better. Other than that, no complications.> > I want to lose another 40 lbs, but in 20 lbs I will no longer be considered overweight. I have gone from morbidly obese to severely obese, to obese to overweight. And soon, I'll be out of that category into "NORMAL". I wore a size 20 pants, and now my size 12 jeans are too big. > > I was propositioned in a club by two mid-20 year old Brazilian HOTTIES who wanted to er...well, you know. And I'm 41. And I was at a club that was filled with beautiful young women. I was able to handle it with grace, and just take it as a compliment. i wasn't afraid.> > I am still me. i just hosted a party at Teatro Zinzanni, and played the hostess with gusto, even though I'm anemic and tired, and I couldn't eat as

much as others. but, I was able to enjoy what I had...and it was enough.> > I am rarely hungry, and I am not obsessed with food. That's a big relief. > > The surgery wasn't very painful, and I recovered relatively quickly, except for my energy level.> > The thing is...it's totally worth it. Having a new life...being able to go into a REGULAR store, and try on clothes that fit...well, it's fabulous. Having photos taken where you actually look great...well, hey. i'll take it. Knowing that I won't be getting diabetes and heart disease and cancer and all of those weight related diseases...well, that's great. A huge relief.> > Also, you mentioned not having a child yet. At over 400 lbs., you probably wouldn't be able to get pregnant. If you did...it would be very dangerous for you and your child. Losing weight

will put you into a much healthier place...and you'll be able to be a more active, involved mother.> > You'll have a new life.> > It's worth it. Go for it!!!!> You'll do great, and we're here for you.> > Robynn> > > > MICHELLE URIBE <mrsuribe1@y...> wrote:> Cheri,> > Thanks so much for your prayers. Before I found this group, it seemed praying was the only thing that was helping me keep on. I can already see that this group was a great choice. Thank you so much once again.> > Cheri Ortiz <cherirortiz@y...> wrote:> ,> > Congratulations on a sucessfull journey thus far. Your new life will begin in 7 days. > > My name is Cheri and I had lap RNY on 9/12. That was the first day of my new life. It is very normal to be

scared and anxious. I was too. What kept me going, was thinking of WHY I was doing this. You are so young and haven't even started living yet. When you loose your weight, you will be a new person. You will experience things you thought were only for someone else to experience. You will no longer have the restrictions placed upon you by your size. I am proud you have begun this journey. You CAN and WILL make it through to the end. You will be a new person.> > I am excited for you and you will find a wonderful support group in this site. The people here are understanding and empathetic to our plight, as we have all been down the same road. Although I usually just lurk on this site, I have learned valuable lessons from its wisdom. You will too.> > We are with you and will be praying for you on your big day.> > Cheri> > LE URIBE <mrsuribe1@y...> wrote:>

Hello everyone, I just discovered this group, and am thrilled about it. I'm 26 yrs old and 460lbs.. Im married with no kids yet. My surgery is scheduled for 9/27/05 @ Harbor City Kaiser. Im so scared.. I've been waiting for 2 years and now its 7 days away, and Im scared, anxious, thrilled, all at once. For those of you that have had this done, please tell me, how did you deal with these feelings ( if you had them )?? Part of me finally sees a future, but another part of me, (I guess the part that still recalls the negative past) is scared to imagine anything hopeful too soon.. I'd love to hear from anyone with any words of hope.. Thanks..> > > > > Ciao, > > > Ciao, > > >

Guest guest

Thank you for your message. I hope it all goes in a whirlwind for me too. Also congratulations on your incredible loss, its AWESOME!!!, and inspiring.. Thanks again..specialkmix2000 wrote:

Welcome and congrats on your upcoming date!I remember once I made up my mind to have the surgery and got the date, everything flew by me in a whirlwind. I didn't feel nervous going in day of, interestingly enough I had my panic attack on the way to work the day before. I knew it was my last day of work and I would come back a changed woman. I broke out in a cold sweat and everything. I had to concentrate on driving so I was able to talk myself down, but that was really the only time that I got freaked. As I said, day of surgery I woke up excited to go in and the staff was all wonderful. They talk to you soothingly and try to keep you relaxed. Before you know it you are waking up from surgery and it is all done! Good luck! Kay336/290/233/?Dr Baggs surgery- 6/28/05 First day of the rest of my life!

> > > Hello everyone, I just discovered this group, and am> > thrilled about it. I'm 26 yrs old and 460lbs.. Im> > married with no kids yet. My surgery is scheduled> > for 9/27/05 @ Harbor City Kaiser. Im so scared.. > > I've been waiting for 2 years and now its 7 days> > away, and Im scared, anxious, thrilled, all at once.> > For those of you that have had this done, please> > tell me, how did you deal with these feelings ( if> > you

had them )?? Part of me finally sees a future,> > but another part of me, (I guess the part that still> > recalls the negative past) is scared to imagine> > anything hopeful too soon.. I'd love to hear from> > anyone with any words of hope.. Thanks..> > > > > > > > > > Ciao, > > > > > > > __________________________________ > Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 > http://mail.yahoo.comCiao,

Guest guest

Thanks a bunch,!! Pamela wrote:

Welcome to the group, !! I'm sure that youwill this group very helpful/inspirational; I knowthat I did!!Pam bPS I'll be sending positive thoughts your way on9/27!!--- MICHELLE URIBE wrote:> Hello everyone, I just discovered this group, and am> thrilled about it. I'm 26 yrs old and 460lbs.. Im> married with no kids yet. My surgery is scheduled> for 9/27/05 @ Harbor City Kaiser. Im so scared.. > I've been waiting for 2 years and now its 7 days> away, and Im scared, anxious, thrilled, all at once.> For those of you that have had this done, please> tell me, how did you deal with these feelings ( if> you had them )?? Part of me finally sees a future,> but another part of me, (I guess the part that

still> recalls the negative past) is scared to imagine> anything hopeful too soon.. I'd love to hear from> anyone with any words of hope.. Thanks..> > > > > Ciao, > __________________________________ Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com

Guest guest

Tim, thank you so much for your response. You dont know how much your few words have helped me. Mostly because you're the first person Ive met who was in teh 400's like myself. This trully brings new hope. I know what you mean about barely walking. Im 26 and depend on a cane to get around, and Im also a size 5x. So to here that I might possibly wear a size lower than 20 like yourself, is trully, trully hopeful.. Any specific tips for your kind of success??Uncle Timmy wrote:

Welcome ! I began my journey at 424 pounds. I walked (barely) into my orientation class at Kaiser South San Francisco in a 5X5X/24 shirt and 68-in waist pants. My surgery was 07/30/03, and today I wear size 36 pants and a medium shirt. This journey is going to change you in ways you can't even imagine today (and I'm not just talking about the weight loss!). I wish this surgery had been available when I was 26! (I'm 48 going on 18 - LOL!) Feeling scared, anxious, and thrilled at the same time is totally normal! Do some deep breathing and maybe try meditation. Best of all, talk to the peeps here. We've all been where you are. Tim -240 > Hello everyone, I just discovered this group, and am thrilled about it. I'm 26 yrs old and 460lbs.. Im married with no kids yet. My surgery is scheduled for 9/27/05 @ Harbor City Kaiser. Im so scared.. I've been waiting for 2 years and now its 7 days away, and Im scared, anxious, thrilled, all at once. For those of you that have had this done, please tell me, how did you deal with these feelings ( if you had them )?? Part of me finally sees a future, but another part of me, (I guess the part that still recalls the negative past) is scared to imagine anything hopeful too soon.. I'd love to hear from anyone with any words of hope.. Thanks..> > > > > Ciao, Ciao,

Guest guest

Robyn, thank you so much for your kind response. Its like you were in my mind and heart. You wrote of my concerns af if you knew me. I too am a survivor of child abuse ( thank God not molestation) but physical and mental, and I know oh to well about the fat protection suit. I really hope that like you guys Ill be a great success story, and like Ive told my hubby and mom, I know in my heart that if God calls me home, sooner than later, that I know I didnt go without a fight.. Take care and thanks once again..Robynn VanPatten wrote:

Congratulations on taking this brave step. It takes a lot to get to this point. Of course you are anxious...you are worried that this surgery, which seems like the final resort...well, maybe it won't really work for you. And if that happens, then what? you will have exhausted your options.

And maybe you are worried about giving up a part of your personality. i know, for me...I was worried about giving up the joie de vivre of eating and drinking with reckless abandon. You know...I mean, I'm the party girl, the hostess with the mostest...the woman with passion and gusto...and I was afraid that I would become less of that...that I'd become less energetic. Less of me.

And maybe you are worried about letting go of your emotional companion...or your "drug" that helps you to cope with the emotional issues in life. i choked down food because I had a lot of anger that I was unwilling to acknowledge. i was always an accomodator for other people, hiding my own needs and feelings...and then eating to deal with my frustration, or loneliness, or sadness.

And I had anxiety about whether I'd be a success or not. Also about How I would deal with sexual temptation when I didn't have my fat suit of armour around me. As a survivor of child molestation...sometimes that fat around me felt like a protection.

Finally...I was nervous about what woul dhappen to my health. Would I die? Would I be sick all of the time? Who would I be? Would I be able to handle the limitations?

OK...so here I am today, after having had the surgery on June 8th of this year. I lost 26 lbs. before the surgery. I am now down 60 more lbs. I weight 175. I am 5'6". I have been anemic, and so I am more tired than I would like to be, but my body is still healing, and I'm getting better. Other than that, no complications.

I want to lose another 40 lbs, but in 20 lbs I will no longer be considered overweight. I have gone from morbidly obese to severely obese, to obese to overweight. And soon, I'll be out of that category into "NORMAL". I wore a size 20 pants, and now my size 12 jeans are too big.

I was propositioned in a club by two mid-20 year old Brazilian HOTTIES who wanted to er...well, you know. And I'm 41. And I was at a club that was filled with beautiful young women. I was able to handle it with grace, and just take it as a compliment. i wasn't afraid.

I am still me. i just hosted a party at Teatro Zinzanni, and played the hostess with gusto, even though I'm anemic and tired, and I couldn't eat as much as others. but, I was able to enjoy what I had...and it was enough.

I am rarely hungry, and I am not obsessed with food. That's a big relief.

The surgery wasn't very painful, and I recovered relatively quickly, except for my energy level.

The thing is...it's totally worth it. Having a new life...being able to go into a REGULAR store, and try on clothes that fit...well, it's fabulous. Having photos taken where you actually look great...well, hey. i'll take it. Knowing that I won't be getting diabetes and heart disease and cancer and all of those weight related diseases...well, that's great. A huge relief.

Also, you mentioned not having a child yet. At over 400 lbs., you probably wouldn't be able to get pregnant. If you did...it would be very dangerous for you and your child. Losing weight will put you into a much healthier place...and you'll be able to be a more active, involved mother.

You'll have a new life.

It's worth it. Go for it!!!!

You'll do great, and we're here for you.

Robynn

MICHELLE URIBE wrote:

Cheri,

CheriLE URIBE wrote:

Ciao,

Ciao, Ciao,