RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Update from Kathy re: Tom - WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2008 11:34 PM, CST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had a wonderful visit with Tom today. He is beginning to feel much better. The doctors have taken him off of two out of the four antibiotics he was on, and his intestinal distress is much better. We watched a couple of movies and took a couple of strolls around the unit. It was great to see him doing so well.

We anticipate that Tom will be coming home on Friday morning. We have an appointment scheduled with the home health care nurse at 2PM to be trained on IV nutrition. Wish us luck!We have been blessed by all the love shown to us by so many people in 2008. I think our entire family is looking forward to a healthy 2009 as Tom continues to improve. Thank you all for your prayers, meals, cards, and visits. I would like to especially thank all those wonderful people who offered to donate part of their livers for Tom. There were several of you, and we are awed by the courage and love you showed by taking the steps you did to help us in our quest. For some of you that meant going through several invasive tests. For Martha that meant going through even more, including rearranging her life and then dealing with the sudden cancellation of the surgery she had been preparing for for weeks. You all have a special place in our hearts.

Finally, thank you again Larry and Debbie. I hope you could tell how well Tom is doing by your conversation with him tonight. I'm so glad that Larry has made such great strides toward recovery. We will never be able to thank you both for all you've given our family. May you have a blessed New Year.

Love to all!Kathy

To send a message to Tom, Kathy and family goto;

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasbutler