RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rose's virtual fish tank

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would never be able to keep real fish alive, so a few years ago I bought a screensaver called Aquazone, which is a virtual aquarium program. We had a lot of fun with it; you can pick aquariums that already have plants, gravel, etc., or you can build your own. Sam & each made their own, because they kept arguing about where to put the plants, rocks, etc. You have a number of fish to choose from, some are unlimited, but others, like Angelfish, you can only get 5. When they all die, you either have to go online & actually BUY more virtual fish, or do like I do & uninstall the program, reinstall it & start with new fish. Anyway, it's really pretty, looks very realistic, but you have to take care of the fish. If you don't feed them right, they either starve or get tail rot or mold or something. Sometimes a little bell will ring & a message will appear saying, "A fish is sick," or "A fish has died," or even "Fish are mating!"

I hadn't used the program for 2 or 3 years, so decided to reinstall it and name the fish for some of my neurosarc buddies! As some of you go to the great fish tank in the sky, I'll replace you with more of my NS buddies! Isn't this great fun?!?

To get you into the spirit of things, I took a photo of the tank with some of the fish visible, then clicked a button that identifies them all, so you can look for your fish persona & remind me to feed & take care of you. Some of us were hiding in the plants & rocks in the bottom of the tank. I'll try to get a better picture when I feed them tomorrow. The food drops into the tank & the fish all swim up to the top. It's pretty cool. Except the last time I named them after my kids & grandkids & there were some hurt feelings when the fish died. But y'all are adults; hopefully you can handle it! I did learn how to put them on an automatic feeding schedule, which helped them to survive much longer.

Okay, I'm going to attach the 2 photos here & also post them at the NS site in the "Temporary" photo album. Hope this provides a diversion for awhile. And don't feel bad if you aren't named in this first batch; I didn't want to clutter up the tank too much! Aye, mateys.

Ramblin' Rose

Moderator Planning a trip for Spring Break? See the area before you go