Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Chele,

Let me know how it goes. I am trying to get things going here on my

end but dh is still having a hard time. I think he may feel guilty

about wanting to try again. I feel a little bit too. I will be

calling Beatrix this week and getting our appointment set.

Email me with your number and when is a good time to call you and we

can chat.

Good luck

Carol Lynn

>

> The only con that i can think of with an ab cerclage is if you

have infertility issues anyways it could be a chance of more

problems..

>

>

> Isn't that subjective upon which doctor you ask? I know we've

discussed this before on the list. Dr. Haney doesn't see an issue

with infertility treatments and says we can start about 3 weeks

after the cerclage is in place. Just wondering as I do plan to ask

him more about it in detail when I have my phone consultation with

him on Tuesday (providing I can talk!....)

>

> Sorry if I'm coming in late in the conversation...I'm slowly and

painfully recovering from a tonsillectomy I had on Thursday! Ouchie.

>

> Chele

Guest guest

Chele,

I hope you are feeling better. Yucky surgery.

Dr. Balderston did not recommend I have the ab cerclage pre-pregnancy due to my difficulty getting pregnant. My peri here did not think it would matter.

Love, P."Brayden Austin" 06/02/03}}Angel {{ (14wks) 6/12/00}}Angel Trustin{{ (18wks) 7/17/02

Re: new member

The only con that i can think of with an ab cerclage is if you have infertility issues anyways it could be a chance of more problems..

Isn't that subjective upon which doctor you ask? I know we've discussed this before on the list. Dr. Haney doesn't see an issue with infertility treatments and says we can start about 3 weeks after the cerclage is in place. Just wondering as I do plan to ask him more about it in detail when I have my phone consultation with him on Tuesday (providing I can talk!....)

Sorry if I'm coming in late in the conversation...I'm slowly and painfully recovering from a tonsillectomy I had on Thursday! Ouchie.

Chele

Guest guest

Chele,

Dr. Balderston did not recommend I have the ab cerclage pre-pregnancy due to my difficulty getting pregnant. My peri here did not think it would matter.

Love, P."Brayden Austin" 06/02/03}}Angel {{ (14wks) 6/12/00}}Angel Trustin{{ (18wks) 7/17/02

Re: new member

The only con that i can think of with an ab cerclage is if you have infertility issues anyways it could be a chance of more problems..

Isn't that subjective upon which doctor you ask? I know we've discussed this before on the list. Dr. Haney doesn't see an issue with infertility treatments and says we can start about 3 weeks after the cerclage is in place. Just wondering as I do plan to ask him more about it in detail when I have my phone consultation with him on Tuesday (providing I can talk!....)

Sorry if I'm coming in late in the conversation...I'm slowly and painfully recovering from a tonsillectomy I had on Thursday! Ouchie.

Chele

Guest guest

Welcome. Do you still have questions? I came in a little late. I had to have the ab cerclage due to my cervix being a little short and Extremely weak. I had a failed emergency cerclage. My cervix opens very early in the pregnancy.

I am sorry for your loss and hope you get the answers you are looking for. I had my ab cerclage placed during pregnancy at 11 weeks.

Hi Everyone,I heard you were a great group of ladies. I am happy to find you. I do not know anyone else in my similar situation. I am looking for hope for future children. We lost our baby boy Tucker last month on 8/22 at 22 weeks due to IC. We attempted an emergent vaginal cerclage in the hospital but it failed due to the water breaking during surgery. We got to know the perinatologists in the hospital and just this week we had a consultation with the peri. She measured my cervix and thinks the abdominal cerclage will be the way to go in future pregnancies. After doing some research, I am hoping for the abdominal. We have another pre-pregnancy consultation with the peri in two weeks. How did your doctor's decide to go with the abdominal vs vaginal cerclage??Can anyone tell me the pros and cons to getting the abdominal before pregnancy vs during pregnancy?? Are there questions I should be asking when I go for my consultation?? Thanks,

Guest guest

Welcome. Do you still have questions? I came in a little late. I had to have the ab cerclage due to my cervix being a little short and Extremely weak. I had a failed emergency cerclage. My cervix opens very early in the pregnancy.

I am sorry for your loss and hope you get the answers you are looking for. I had my ab cerclage placed during pregnancy at 11 weeks.

Hi Everyone,I heard you were a great group of ladies. I am happy to find you. I do not know anyone else in my similar situation. I am looking for hope for future children. We lost our baby boy Tucker last month on 8/22 at 22 weeks due to IC. We attempted an emergent vaginal cerclage in the hospital but it failed due to the water breaking during surgery. We got to know the perinatologists in the hospital and just this week we had a consultation with the peri. She measured my cervix and thinks the abdominal cerclage will be the way to go in future pregnancies. After doing some research, I am hoping for the abdominal. We have another pre-pregnancy consultation with the peri in two weeks. How did your doctor's decide to go with the abdominal vs vaginal cerclage??Can anyone tell me the pros and cons to getting the abdominal before pregnancy vs during pregnancy?? Are there questions I should be asking when I go for my consultation?? Thanks,

Guest guest

It's been horrible...I've already been back to the ER once as my entire head from my collarbone to my eyebrows swelled up! I've had to have additional steroid injections and pain shots (both made me sick, but allowed me to sleep as I wasn't able to at all for 2 days). I am still in as much pain though...I didn't expect a tonsillectomy to be this big of a deal! I am really out of commission...I have cancelled my peri appt with Dr. Mason, which was supposed to be for tomorrow (Monday). I'll have to try to see him another time, if we decide we'd like another opinion outside of Dr. Haney.

I also have my HSG scheduled for Wed. Do you think I should try to go and just use my Tylenol with Codeine? I'm not able to take any anti-inflammatory drugs such as Motrin as a result of having this surgery (the goal is to avoid bleeding in the throat). This will be my 4th HSG and I know they are no picnic...but the RE will be doing it, so that's a bonus. Last time I took Motrin and Valium and I was fine. I just don't want to put it off another cycle (6 weeks).

Thanks! I remember Dr. Balderston having that opinion regarding out situation as well, come to think about it. I did tell Dr. Haney we'd have to go through treatment to conceive again (meds, IUI, etc)...and he said it would be fine. I know all docs have differing opinions, however!

Chele (back to the couch for me!)

Guest guest

Hi

Big (((hugs))) for your loss. I haven't had an ab done yet so I

don't have any advice I too am trying to learn whatever I can about

them.

Elaine

Matt 17 mths – emergency vag/cerl 24 wks, delivered 35 wks PROM

Paige and Amy – preventative vag/cerl 14 wks, delivered alive 20 wks,

passed away short time later wrapped in my arms.

Babies were suffering from chronic Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome

(TTTS). Unsure whether I/C or TTTS caused cervix to dilate and stitch

to fail.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/paigeandamy/

> Hi Everyone,

> I heard you were a great group of ladies. I am happy to find you.

I

> do not know anyone else in my similar situation. I am looking for

> hope for future children. We lost our baby boy Tucker last month

on

> 8/22 at 22 weeks due to IC. We attempted an emergent vaginal

> cerclage in the hospital but it failed due to the water breaking

> during surgery. We got to know the perinatologists in the hospital

> and just this week we had a consultation with the peri. She

measured

> my cervix and thinks the abdominal cerclage will be the way to go

in

> future pregnancies. After doing some research, I am hoping for the

> abdominal. We have another pre-pregnancy consultation with the peri

> in two weeks. How did your doctor's decide to go with the

abdominal

> vs vaginal cerclage??

> Can anyone tell me the pros and cons to getting the abdominal

before

> pregnancy vs during pregnancy?? Are there questions I should be

> asking when I go for my consultation??

>

> Thanks,

>

Guest guest

I am so sorry for your loss of Tucker, but am glad that you are

considering the ab. cerclage and that you found this board.

I lost a son at 21 wks., but only after a long struggle to get

pregnant again, and then 13 wks. into the pregnancy did I find a

doctor who suggested the ab. cerclage. He admitted that there was no

proof that it was necessary, but thought that of each of the

cerclages, this one had least risk of infection, and was good for me,

b/c I have short outer cervix (I'm still not sure what that means :-

)).

Anyway, I was not in a mood to take chances, so I chose the ab.

cerclage. I had it in at 14 wks. pregnant, no complications, though

there was anxiety about how it would effect the baby. Don't know for

sure if its the cerclage or just luck this time, but I've now made it

to 35 wks. with no bedrest, no signs of labor whatsoever. And I've

felt so secure. That peace of mind is worth a lot.

I'd suggest asking your peri about other measures he might take to

help prevent preterm labor, ie. use of progesterone, preventative use

of antibiotic, use of baby aspirin, and bedrest. Also ask about how

often he will see you during pregnancy. I enjoyed the once every

other week routine. You will want a peri who takes you very seriously

even after the cerclage is placed and not one that assumes you'll be

fine b/c you have it. You deserve the extra attention and care, and

it will help you feel more confident.

good luck to you,

Licia

Guest guest

I agree Chele. Both my Ob and the doc who did my cerclage said that it will

not affect my fertility and more than the PCOS actually does, and I suppose

logically it shouldn't because if theres room for fluid to get out there

is definately room for other things to get in :-)

Hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Shona

Chele wrote:

The only con that i can think of with an ab cerclage is if you have infertility

issues anyways it could be a chance of more problems..

Isn't that subjective upon which doctor you ask?

I know we've discussed this before on the list. Dr. Haney doesn't see an

issue with infertility treatments and says we can start about 3 weeks after

the cerclage is in place. Just wondering as I do plan to ask him more about

it in detail when I have my phone consultation with him on Tuesday (providing

I can talk!....)

Sorry if I'm coming in late in the conversation...I'm

slowly and painfully recovering from a tonsillectomy I had on Thursday!

Ouchie.

Chele

Guest guest

Hi Donna!

I love the nickname! Welcome to the group! My name is Alyssa and I am a stay at home mom to (4) -Anaphylactic to peanuts, cashews, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, and pistachios. Allergic to all tree nuts. Sensitive to dairy and soy. Eczema.and (2) - no allergies.

I am sure that you will love this group!

Chat with you soon!

Alyssa

Hi,My name is Donna, although I have an odd nick name. Shane is my nine yearold son who is allergic to wheat, dairy, soy, and anything in the picklefamily. Am looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Guest guest

Hi Donna!

I love the nickname! Welcome to the group! My name is Alyssa and I am a stay at home mom to (4) -Anaphylactic to peanuts, cashews, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, and pistachios. Allergic to all tree nuts. Sensitive to dairy and soy. Eczema.and (2) - no allergies.

I am sure that you will love this group!

Chat with you soon!

Alyssa

Hi,My name is Donna, although I have an odd nick name. Shane is my nine yearold son who is allergic to wheat, dairy, soy, and anything in the picklefamily. Am looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Guest guest

Welcome Donna.

I'm , mommy to (or Drew) who is anaphylactic to peanuts. He is

also allergic to trees, pollen, dogs and has eczema problems. We have

outgrown a dairy allergy. Drew is 7 1/2.

We have 2 other children, (Mattie) age 5 and (Emmy)age 15

months who so far show no signs of allergies! Yeah!

Jump on in and join in. We are a fun group, though we have been pretty quiet

lately.

Guest guest

Hi Donna,

Love the nickname. Welcome to the group. You will love it here.

The women are very supportive and informative.

Has Shane been allergic as a baby or are these new food allergies?

The reason I'm asking is that I was told by my allergist that our

kids will grow out of soy and dairy by the time they are about five.

Once again, welcome. I look forward to getting to know you.

Mo

Mill Valley, California

Mom to Charlie (2 1/2 years)- anaphylaxis to peanuts, nuts, milk and

eggs. Allergic to soy, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds (avoiding all

seeds), seafood, tomatoes, figs, citrus, rice, oats, peas (avoiding

all legumes), cats, dogs, dust mites, and grass.

(4 years) - Anaphylaxis to peanuts (avoiding all nuts).

Allergic to milk, eggs, avocados, bananas, kiwi, seafood, dog, and

grass.

> Hi,

> My name is Donna, although I have an odd nick name. Shane is my

nine year

> old son who is allergic to wheat, dairy, soy, and anything in the

pickle

> family. Am looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Guest guest

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for the warm welcome, and I'd like to thank everyone else also that I received e-mails from until I have time to respond to each one. I'll be happy to share information about myself, and Shane. I also have some questions already, but right now I'm getting ready to leave for work, so will do it as soon as I get in, after I take Shane to school in the morning. I work third shift, so I'm probably on a more opposite schedule.

I'm so glad I found this group!

Donna

Guest guest

Hi ,

Thank you for the welcome! Shane is 9, and just started the 4th grade.

Donna

Re: New Member

Welcome Donna.I'm , mommy to (or Drew) who is anaphylactic to peanuts. He isalso allergic to trees, pollen, dogs and has eczema problems. We haveoutgrown a dairy allergy. Drew is 7 1/2.We have 2 other children, (Mattie) age 5 and (Emmy)age 15months who so far show no signs of allergies! Yeah!Jump on in and join in. We are a fun group, though we have been pretty quietlately.

Guest guest

Hi ,

Thank you for the welcome! Shane is 9, and just started the 4th grade.

Donna

Welcome Donna.I'm , mommy to (or Drew) who is anaphylactic to peanuts. He isalso allergic to trees, pollen, dogs and has eczema problems. We haveoutgrown a dairy allergy. Drew is 7 1/2.We have 2 other children, (Mattie) age 5 and (Emmy)age 15months who so far show no signs of allergies! Yeah!Jump on in and join in. We are a fun group, though we have been pretty quietlately.

Guest guest

Hi Mo,

Thank you for the welcome!Shane is nine years old, was born premature with colic, asthma,allergies, and a deficient immune system. To make a long story short, he's beensick more of the time than not. He would miss an average of 46 days or so ofschool each year, and we'd get him through each episode, until thenext one. He was constantly on antibiotics until last May when we took him off wheat, and gluten. He's also lactose intolerant, and has been since an infant,(hasn't outgrown it) but the difference in him was amazing when we removed the wheat/gluten from his diet. Donna

Hi Donna,Love the nickname. Welcome to the group. You will love it here. The women are very supportive and informative. Has Shane been allergic as a baby or are these new food allergies? The reason I'm asking is that I was told by my allergist that our kids will grow out of soy and dairy by the time they are about five. Once again, welcome. I look forward to getting to know you.MoMill Valley, CaliforniaMom to Charlie (2 1/2 years)- anaphylaxis to peanuts, nuts, milk and eggs. Allergic to soy, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds (avoiding all seeds), seafood, tomatoes, figs, citrus, rice, oats, peas (avoiding all legumes), cats, dogs, dust mites, and grass. (4 years) - Anaphylaxis to peanuts (avoiding all nuts). Allergic to milk, eggs, avocados, bananas, kiwi, seafood, dog, and grass.> Hi,> My name is Donna, although I have an odd nick name. Shane is my nine year> old son who is allergic to wheat, dairy, soy, and anything in the pickle> family. Am looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Guest guest

I am glad that you found this group too! Ask any questions that you would like! If we don't know, I can do some research on it! :-)

Alyssa

Guest guest

I am glad that you found this group too! Ask any questions that you would like! If we don't know, I can do some research on it! :-)

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Amy,

Welcome! You'll enjoy being a part of this group, everyone is so nice!

DonnaShane - allergic to wheat, gluten, dairy, soy, and anything in the pickle family. Minnesota

Hi! I just joined today.I am Amy. I have three children the youngest of which has allergies. I breastfed him and notice anytime I drank milk his excema went into high gear. I went to our peditricain and he did a blood test. I didn't agree w/ the results so I went to an allergist. Oh Boy! I opened a can of worms. He did the scratch test. I only thought he was allergic to milk but turns out he is allergic to two types of grass, dogs, wheat, peanut, soy, whole egg, milk, house dust and feather mix (whatever that is). And we are going back in this week for further food testing.My son is only 7 mths old. He was breastfeed till this week. At the advice of the allergist and a debate w/in myself I have weaned him and he is now on Alimentum.Hope to learn more about dealing w/ his allergies and more about everyone here.Amy

Guest guest

Welcome Amy! Sorry, I'm a LOT behind at this point- life is busy! ;)

I think you'll love this group! You'll get some great advice and wonderful support!

I can relate to your story more than I would like. We noticed my youngest having problems at about the same time! He was tested at 8mo and same thing- TONS of stuff (see below). The biggest shock for us was that on top of all that he has asthma caused by his allergies. That has really complicated things! I hope that he has no more major allergies to food. It gets hard as you cut it out of their diet! :)

Trish- (Colorado)Kayla (5)- NA (4)- EA (1½)- anaphylactic to eggs, severe milk, peanut, all tree nuts,soy, fish, & other foods. EA- including dogs & cats.Asthma & eczema

Hi! I just joined today.I am Amy. I have three children the youngest of which has allergies. I breastfed him and notice anytime I drank milk his excema went into high gear. I went to our peditricain and he did a blood test. I didn't agree w/ the results so I went to an allergist. Oh Boy! I opened a can of worms. He did the scratch test. I only thought he was allergic to milk but turns out he is allergic to two types of grass, dogs, wheat, peanut, soy, whole egg, milk, house dust and feather mix (whatever that is). And we are going back in this week for further food testing.My son is only 7 mths old. He was breastfeed till this week. At the advice of the allergist and a debate w/in myself I have weaned him and he is now on Alimentum.Hope to learn more about dealing w/ his allergies and more about everyone here.Amy

Guest guest

Hi Amy!

Welcome to the group! My name is Alyssa and I am a stay at home mom to (5) and (almost 3 December 28th). We live in Connecticut. is my allergy one as you can see in my signature. Anyway, it is nice that you have joined and I look forward to getting to know you! :-)

*Alyssa*Wife to Mom to - Anaphylactic to peanuts, cashews, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, and pistachios. Allergic to all tree nuts. Sensitive to dairy and soy. Eczema. & - no allergies

Guest guest

Hi Amy!

Welcome to the group! My name is Alyssa and I am a stay at home mom to (5) and (almost 3 December 28th). We live in Connecticut. is my allergy one as you can see in my signature. Anyway, it is nice that you have joined and I look forward to getting to know you! :-)

*Alyssa*Wife to Mom to - Anaphylactic to peanuts, cashews, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, and pistachios. Allergic to all tree nuts. Sensitive to dairy and soy. Eczema. & - no allergies

Guest guest

The allergist said that he will probably develop asthma. Last week

he was wheezing to high heaven and the doctor said his allergies

basically is causing that.\

Amy

(4) no allergies, but has what the doctors called Preasthma

(2) no allergies

Gavin, Bermuda grass,Ryegrass, dog, wheat, peanut, soy, egg, milk,

dust, feather mix (?)

> Welcome Amy! Sorry, I'm a LOT behind at this point- life is

busy! ;)

> I think you'll love this group! You'll get some great advice and

wonderful support!

> I can relate to your story more than I would like. We noticed my

youngest having problems at about the same time! He was tested at

8mo and same thing- TONS of stuff (see below). The biggest shock

for us was that on top of all that he has asthma caused by his

allergies. That has really complicated things! I hope that he has

no more major allergies to food. It gets hard as you cut it out of

their diet! :)

>

> Trish- (Colorado)

> Kayla (5)- NA

> (4)- EA

> (1½)- anaphylactic to eggs, severe milk, peanut, all tree

nuts,

> soy, fish, & other foods. EA- including dogs & cats.

> Asthma & eczema

> new member

>

>

> Hi! I just joined today.

>

> I am Amy. I have three children the youngest of which has

> allergies. I breastfed him and notice anytime I drank milk his

> excema went into high gear. I went to our peditricain and he

did a

> blood test. I didn't agree w/ the results so I went to an

> allergist. Oh Boy! I opened a can of worms. He did the

scratch

> test. I only thought he was allergic to milk but turns out he

is

> allergic to two types of grass, dogs, wheat, peanut, soy, whole

egg,

> milk, house dust and feather mix (whatever that is). And we are

> going back in this week for further food testing.

>

> My son is only 7 mths old. He was breastfeed till this week.

At

> the advice of the allergist and a debate w/in myself I have

weaned

> him and he is now on Alimentum.

>

> Hope to learn more about dealing w/ his allergies and more about

> everyone here.

>

> Amy

>

>

>

Guest guest

Amy

I sure hope you don't have to deal with that, but it seems to be pretty common with allergy kids. It sure has caused more problems than I would like with Sam. He was in the hospital twice last year just b/c his asthma flared and he couldn't fight anything off! We are hoping for a better year!

As for the feather mix- I would guess that some of the feather pillows and such have feather mixes in them! I don't know what that mix is- other than like goose and turkey. So I'm no help! :)

Trish

new member> > > Hi! I just joined today.> > I am Amy. I have three children the youngest of which has > allergies. I breastfed him and notice anytime I drank milk his > excema went into high gear. I went to our peditricain and he did a > blood test. I didn't agree w/ the results so I went to an > allergist. Oh Boy! I opened a can of worms. He did the scratch > test. I only thought he was allergic to milk but turns out he is > allergic to two types of grass, dogs, wheat, peanut, soy, whole egg, > milk, house dust and feather mix (whatever that is). And we are > going back in this week for further food testing.> > My son is only 7 mths old. He was breastfeed till this week. At > the advice of the allergist and a debate w/in myself I have weaned > him and he is now on Alimentum.> > Hope to learn more about dealing w/ his allergies and more about > everyone here.> > Amy> > >