Love,

Sharon

Guest guest

BJ doesn't test positive for a milk allergy but if he has milk, he is not

even half through the glass when he has diarrhea running down his legs

(sorry to be so graphic) and then he is in pain for 2-3 days afterward. We

have tried lactose free and other kinds of milk

Dawn

Re: [eosinophilic gastroenteritis] (no subject)

>

>

> Dawn,

>

> He didn't believe me about the broccoli. He said maybe he didn't like

> the texture. I told him that Luke threw up the clear mucous after

> eating it. Then, he asked me how do I know that LUke is allergic to

> milk. I said because he throws up 6-8 oz. of clear fluid after he has

> something with milk in it. Then, he said something about needing a

> clinical confirmation of that being a true allergy. I told him it never

> came up as a true allergy (there was no IgA response). I tried to

> explain to him that is what is unusual about this disease. We were

> really going back and forth. Then he said he wanted some more

> information on this, so my husband is going to pull together some for

> him and I have a couple of things from this list for him. HE also wants

> Luke to see a pediatric immunologist. I know it all ties together, I

> would just think another visit to the pediatric GI would be more

> practical.

>

> Thanks.

>

> Kathy

>

> Dawn wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > Kathy,

> > Why doesn't your ped believe you? BJ is allergic to chicken.

> > Dawn

> >

>

> ---------------------------

Guest guest

This brings me to another point, it seems no matter what BJ eats, it does

this to him (the very loose diarrhea). I am so fustrated, if I get him to

eat, I am showering him 10 times a day.

Dawn

Re: [eosinophilic gastroenteritis] (no subject)

>

>

> >

> >

> > Dawn,

> >

> > He didn't believe me about the broccoli. He said maybe he didn't like

> > the texture. I told him that Luke threw up the clear mucous after

> > eating it. Then, he asked me how do I know that LUke is allergic to

> > milk. I said because he throws up 6-8 oz. of clear fluid after he has

> > something with milk in it. Then, he said something about needing a

> > clinical confirmation of that being a true allergy. I told him it never

> > came up as a true allergy (there was no IgA response). I tried to

> > explain to him that is what is unusual about this disease. We were

> > really going back and forth. Then he said he wanted some more

> > information on this, so my husband is going to pull together some for

> > him and I have a couple of things from this list for him. HE also wants

> > Luke to see a pediatric immunologist. I know it all ties together, I

> > would just think another visit to the pediatric GI would be more

> > practical.

> >

> > Thanks.

> >

> > Kathy

> >

> > Dawn wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Kathy,

> > > Why doesn't your ped believe you? BJ is allergic to chicken.

> > > Dawn

> > >

> >

> > ---------------------------

Guest guest

What do you do for a crust, Alyson

Regards

At 02:19 PM 8/04/1999 +0800, you wrote:

>

>

>Hi ,

>no i finished at 2am this morning (ugh). Up at 7.30 with the kids. Still

>it's not as bad as when school is on. then I even have to look decent.

>

>aly

>

>D'Orazio wrote:

>

>>

>>

>> Hey Ally

>>

>> have you just got home from work,,,

>>

>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> Share the wealth!

>> http://www.ONElist.com

>> Tell a friend about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!

>

>

>

>

>------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Looking for a new hobby? Want to make a new friend?

>http://www.ONElist.com

>Come join one of the 115,000 e-mail communities at ONElist!

>

>

Guest guest

thanks barb for the response..ok here's the story..

my son's psd class has approx. 11 students-most are language delayed, cp..or other dx that i dont know. my district didn't have an aba program and when they evaulated my son during the summer they saw no need for any form of special education other that the psd class.

over the summer, i had my son enrolled in montclair state university's speech program in which the clinician used models from aba thereapy to gain his attention and confidence. at this time he has no language.his dx was autismn/pdd with verbal apraxia. i met a mother there who was doing an aba program for her son and he was mainstreamed this year i think for first grade. so i did my research and thought aba would be the process for my son. since my son wasn't turning three until july, he missed early intervention because his doctor didn't recognized the autism signs, the school district couldn't do anything until the school year started in september. i begged the case manager of the cst to get my son enrolled in an aba program out of district. but she refused said he didn't need it..so i hired my own home team of three therapist.

september he started another semester at msu and his psd class..i was unhappy with the class..and filed for a due process hearing..two days before the hearing the school called me in for a meeting and said they are starting there own aba program next month..which would have been october. well that didn't happen so i called another meeting. they claim there didn't get the co for the new building so until they did they would provide my son with two hours of trials in addition to psd a day until the program started in november..then it was november 15 then dec 1..now they tell me they just hired someone with 15 years experience who will be employed by the district on january 1, 2001.

during this time in october my son started speaking..alot..they claim his is reading and its not to be encourage because its not age appropriate for him to be reading. aba with my home team and msu are both amazed by his improvements..also his independant speech therapist who originally dx him ..picked up the signs after 10 minutes has dismissed his sessions because he did so well there wasn't any need for her sessions any more. my home team also has monthly meetings..i invited the school therapist to the meeting..at first she was coming then was told by the teacher she couldn't come..so she lied and told me something came up..so there is no communication between home and school.

omg i hope i haven't confused you..i know i;m going all around the world here talking in 100 different directions but this is actually what is going on. and i know this seems to be the norm..so i know you understand..ok my head is spinning so i'll stop..oh yeah i've made an appoint with the robert wood johnson umdnj autism center for an independant cst which will be 12/20.

you know..everyone saids something and i think..ohh yeah thats sounds good..whether it is or not..who the heck knows..thanks again ..diana

two weeks ago i sent a representative from my home team to the school to observe..and i called my case manager and he told my to put my concerns in writting..which i did yesterday..he avoided my visits to the school..the concerns were that the trials currently being done in school for my son, aren't challenging enough for him..the pds teacher is writing the programs until they start their program. ex..they have him counting to seven with pegs..my son counts to 100..and because the therapist at school doesn't have programs that progress with my son..she keeps doing the same programs over and over again even though they are mastered. this is where aba regression concerns me.

so when i dropped my son off to school this morning the teacher defensively came to talk to me..and claimed that my representative isn't doing aba she's doing behavior therapy and not realizing what t he teacher is doing is what my son needs for her class..he's performing these programs at home and had them mastered three months ago..the school didn't baseline him..they took a like of programs my co ordinator wrote. and the school therapist isn't experienced enough to know they she can deviated from the programs making the task more complex as my son masters something..

also..when my representaive was observing the teacher consistantely contradicted herself..i want my son mainstreamed when he's ready the school isn't doing anything to make this happen. the teacher claims academically he's mastered all the programs and he needs to work on social skills..which is what i want...so we asked then dont you think he needs to be with other children on his level..her reply..he gets everything he needs from my class..its as if she doesn't want him out of her class..because he makes her look good. all the aids tell me how wonderful and funny my son is and pleasant. and they love having him.

my son needs social skills desperately..

Guest guest

Joy Goodman (no subject) hi all..i'm looking forward to meeting all of you thursday morning and picking your brains..but umm since i've never met any of you..how will i know who you are???? also if anyone knows an available advocate can you give me their name. i'm re-opening my due process hearing since cancelling my other one in october when the school promised to give my son aba..it turns out if was just a play on words..there were talking aba model as to how the classroom would be set up and i was talking the aba program..i found out this morning their only intension is to provide trials and put my son back in the psd class (their version of aba) ..this is clearly not what i had wanted and what they promised at my sons last meeting.. any names would be greatly appreciated..thanks diana Mosaic meets the 2nd Thursday morning and the 3rd Wednesday evening of every month.http://www.egroups.com/community/MosaicMoms Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

Guest guest

"what does dr j think about the possibility of your getting normal

hearing in the OTHER side, as well?"

Jack,

Dr. J. says that Evan has a 95% chance of hearing in that ear if we open

it up. He is a great candidate for canalplasty on that side. HOWEVER..

#1. He has never done surgery on someone with a polyethylene implant

and is a tad hesitant to do so and..

2. I don't see the need to take a chance on it again after all that we

have gone through with the repeated infections and such. There was a

chance that his hearing had been damaged because of the massive

infection...God looked after Evan and it wasn't but I am scared to try

this again. He has one open ear canal and I'm thankful for that but I

try not to play with fire unless I MUST!!

Lynne

95%..95% .. 95%...hmmmmm

go for it.

dr J is the MOST conservative of surgeons...

95% is therefore..ASTRONOMICAL!

go for it. i would. (i DID!!)

you will be VERY glad u did...

jack

Guest guest

....? Why would it be more of a problem than atresia repair on someone who has had ears reconstructed with the rib cartiledge method?

(Eva's Mom)

> [Dr. J] has never done surgery on someone with a polyethylene implant and is a tad hesitant to do so

a good question we can ask of him...

it COULD be that he cannot bend it during surgery (displace it actually) and hook up the canal to a hole in it...(it's a guess)

jack

Guest guest

I didn't realize that getting the external reconstruction done via

the polyethylene implant method might compromise the atresia

repair...? Why would it be more of a problem than atresia repair on

someone who has had ears reconstructed with the rib cartiledge method?

(Eva's Mom)

> [Dr. J] has never done surgery on someone with a polyethylene

implant and is a tad hesitant to do so

Guest guest

Heard about this one on the news tonight too...............

Here is SNOPES:http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/kamasutra.asp

Kama Sutra

Virus: Kama Sutra (aka Nyxem.E, Grew.A, Blackmal.E, MyWife.D) Status: Real. Example: [Collected via e-mail, 2006]

Blackmal.E, a new Windows worm (which is like a virus), was discovered on January 20. It spreads as an e-mail attachment and will activate on February 3 and on the third day of every month thereafter. Once activated, Blackmal.E will erase all Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Acrobat (PDF) documents, in addition to other file types. It is possible you are infected and do not know it yet, especially if the antivirus software on your computer has not been updated recently. Keep in mind the worm will activate on Friday, February 3, and on the third day of every month thereafter. It is important, therefore, ALL computer users update their virus protection quickly and often — especially on home computers. Origins: The

Kama Sutra worm (so named because the messages it sends to replicate itself contain phrases such as "Fuckin Kama Sutra pics," sent under subject lines such as "Crazy illegal Sex!" and "Sex Video") is a fast-spreading e-mail worm designed to destroy Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) as well as Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop files on all hard drives connected to infected PCs. When a recipient opens a message generated by the worm (also known as Nyxem.E, Grew.A, MyWife.D, or Blackmal.E), a program is launched that disables anti-virus protection on the target PC. The infected PC then begins to replicate the worm by sending copies of similarly infected messages to e-mail addresses found on the victim's hard drive. The Kama Sutra worm does not seem intended to plant back doors on infected PCs or to steal passwords or other personal information, but simply to destroy documents. It implants a program that erases common work files from all data-storage devices connected to infected PCs on the third day of every month, with the first wave of destruction to be launched on 3 February 2006. As usual, the defense is to make sure your PC has anti-virus software installed with up-to-date definitions, or — if your PC has already been infected — to reinstall and run an anti-virus program updated to protect against the worm. Additional information:

W32/MyWife.d@MM!M24 (McAfee)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a real virus... be careful DONOT open ANY attachments EVEN if you know the person -- The person will have to tell you there are attachments .. Run a virus scan if in doubt. I am clean as a some of us group owners are aware of this virus .Its an email attachement and spoofs. The sender doesnot know they are sending anything..Suggestion is to make sure your anti virus is up to date (run a live update) and run a full scan ..My computer updates every day at 9:30 am but I still update while I am online at night then too.

KEEP THIS HANDY IN A FILE>

Here is the BlackMal remover (copy paste)

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blackmal (AT) mm (DOT) removal.tool.html

Nyxem aka Blackmal Worm

From Landesman,Your Guide to Antivirus Software.

Discovered on January 17, 2006, the Nyxem (also known as Blackmal) worm has a dangerous payload that executes on the 3rd of each month, overwriting files with specific extensions - replacing the data in those files with the following text:

DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 F5]

The targeted extensions are:

DMP DOC MDB MDE PDF PPS PPT PSD RAR XLS ZIP

The Nyxem worm has several aliases (in fact, no two antivirus vendors seem to agree on a name for this threat). Aliases include: W32/Nyxem-D (Sophos), WORM_GREW.A (Trend Micro), Email-Worm.Win32.VB.bi (Kaspersky), W32/MyWife.d@MM (McAfee), Nyxem.E (F-Secure), W32/Small.KI@mm (Norman), Win32/Blackmal.F (Computer Associates), VB.NEI (Eset), W32.Blackmal.E@mm (Symantec), and Tearec.A (Panda). In addition, the media and some fringe security groups have nicknamed the worm "Kama Sutra" and/or the "Blackworm". The Nyxem worm is a mass-mailing email worm that uses a variety of subject lines, some of which are quite provocative. Subject lines include:

The Best Videoclip Ever School girl fantasies gone bad A Great Video Fuckin Kama Sutra pics Arab sex DSC-00465.jpg give me a kiss *Hot Movie* Fw: Funny :) Fwd: Photo Fwd: image.jpg Fw: Sexy Re: Fw: Fw: Picturs Fw: DSC-00465.jpg Word file eBook.pdf the file Part 1 of 6 Video clipe You Must View This Videoclip! Miss Lebanon 2006 Re: Sex Video My photos

It is the nature of some of the subject lines that led to the nickname, the "Kama Sutra worm". The message body may be equally suggestive. Examples of the Nyxem worm's message body include:

Note: forwarded message attached. You Must View This Videoclip! >> forwarded message Re: Sex Video i just any one see my photos. It's Free :) The Best Videoclip Ever Hot XXX Yahoo Groups Fuckin Kama Sutra pics ready to be FUCKED ;) forwarded message attached. VIDEOS! FREE! (US$ 0,00) What? i send the file. Helloi attached the details. Thank you the file i send the details hello, Please see the file. how are you? i send the details.

As with most other worms, Nyxem attempts to disable antivirus and security software found running on impacted systems. Nyxem does so by deleting registry keys and files associated with several popular antivirus and security products, as well as forcibly closing application windows that contain the strings Symantec, Scan, Kaspersky, Virus, McAfee, Trend Micro, Norton, Removal, or Fix in their caption title. An excellent defense against such tactics is to keep an antivirus CD on hand, which can be used to scan the system in safe mode. See How to Make an Antivirus CD for details.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blackmal (AT) mm (DOT) removal.tool.htmlTake things ONE DAY AT A TIME