-------Original Message-------

I'd like to join the group.

Guest guest

You're here !! Good to have you aboard....................Meleese in Oz xxx

-------Original Message-------

Guest guest

Hi ,

Welcome to the group! I'm (stewlis; I usually try to include that when I sign off because is a common name). I found out I was hypothyroid last September, and I'm being treated with Synthroid, started out last year at 75mcg with my TSH at 22, and now I'm up to 150mcg with my last TSH at 0.58. My docs are some of the few that seem to know their stuff, because they agree that a person's TSH should be as close to 1, or even a little below 1, to feel best. They're a team of Endocrinologists. I feel better now than I've felt in years, so for those of you struggling, have hope! The right dose of the right hormone replacement is out there, you just have to find it.

What is your story? What brings you here to our group? What things can we help you with, and what symptoms are you battling?

Welcome!!

(stewlis)

American stationed at MCAS Iwakuni, Japan

Join Group

Guest guest

Well it looks like you have. :o) Welcome to the family. Kuschel wrote: I'd like to join the group. Kathy

>^,,^<KitzCat146@...http://www.chaytongroup.com/modernbill/order/index.php?aid=ka081104http://www.heartwarmers4u.com/members/?kitzcatkitzcat2001 on Yahoo Messengerkitzcat on MSN MessengerIn a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats. - English Proverb

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check it out.

Guest guest

Whoops. Here I thought I was just sending an email to get into the group and lurk around for awhile. That didn't work out. . .

Anyway. In July I tried donating blood but was rejected b/c my pulse was 120 (!?!?). I'd been rejected once before b/c of high pulse but blamed it on caffeine. So in July I went to my doctor but my pulse was 70 at the office so he told me to exercise regularly and did no tests. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but did note that I'd dropped 10 lbs since the last time I'd been at the doctor, but I hadn't exercised in months. I passed it off on eating more fruits and vegs in the summer. So last week I went in for my normal annual exam (age 26) and happened to mention to my doctor how hot I am at all times. For instance, last Tuesday I left my lab at 8 pm, it was dark and in the 50's. I was wearing a t-shirt and yet drove home with the AC on. He did a " thyroid " test and his office called back that very afternoon saying I had an abnormal count and I was hyperthyroid. They immediately scheduled me for an ultrasound (which I had this morning) and an appt with an endocrinologist on Friday morning. I've done some research online and a lot of the symptoms I've been having are explained by hyperthyroid. I guess I just joined this group b/c I wanted more info and to know anyone else with the same problem. I talked about it with my mom and apparently 2 of her sisters have Hashimoto's and my dad's sister just had thyroid cancer. Aren't families great?

So I just wanted to get some perspective without really knowing anything :-)

I've noticed my thyroid does seem to be enlarged. If I tilt my head back and cup my hand on my lower neck it feels like I'm cupping a baseball. And being hot and constantly hungry is making my fuse very short.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Jen

Hi ,

Welcome to the group! I'm (stewlis; I usually try to include that when I sign off because is a common name). I found out I was hypothyroid last September, and I'm being treated with Synthroid, started out last year at 75mcg with my TSH at 22, and now I'm up to 150mcg with my last TSH at 0.58. My docs are some of the few that seem to know their stuff, because they agree that a person's TSH should be as close to 1, or even a little below 1, to feel best. They're a team of Endocrinologists. I feel better now than I've felt in years, so for those of you struggling, have hope! The right dose of the right hormone replacement is out there, you just have to find it.

What is your story? What brings you here to our group? What things can we help you with, and what symptoms are you battling?

Welcome!!

(stewlis)

American stationed at MCAS Iwakuni, Japan

Join Group

Guest guest

HI Jen, welcome.  One thing I can say is you have avery astute doctor. Most of us only wish our doc would call with any information. Families really don't communicate enough, so we have to start that trend with our own. Keep us posted, and best of luck.JackieWhoops.  Here I thought I was just sending an email to get into the group and lurk around for awhile.  That didn't work out. . . Anyway.  In July I tried donating blood but was rejected b/c my pulse was 120 (!?!?).  I'd been rejected once before b/c of high pulse but blamed it on caffeine.  So in July I went to my doctor but my pulse was 70 at the office so he told me to exercise regularly and did no tests.  I didn't think too much of it at the time, but did note that I'd dropped 10 lbs since the last time I'd been at the doctor, but I hadn't exercised in months.  I passed it off on eating more fruits and vegs in the summer.   So last week I went in for my normal annual exam (age 26) and happened to mention to my doctor how hot I am at all times.  For instance, last Tuesday I left my lab at 8 pm, it was dark and in the 50's.  I was wearing a t-shirt and yet drove home with the AC on.  He did a "thyroid" test and his office called back that very afternoon saying I had an abnormal count and I was hyperthyroid.  They immediately scheduled me for an ultrasound (which I had this morning) and an appt with an endocrinologist on Friday morning.  I've done some research online and a lot of the symptoms I've been having are explained by hyperthyroid.  I guess I just joined this group b/c I wanted more info and to know anyone else with the same problem.  I talked about it with my mom and apparently 2 of her sisters have Hashimoto's and my dad's sister just had thyroid cancer.  Aren't families great?  So I just wanted to get some perspective without really knowing anything :-) I've noticed my thyroid does seem to be enlarged.  If I tilt my head back and cup my hand on my lower neck it feels like I'm cupping a baseball.  And being hot and constantly hungry is making my fuse very short.  Thanks for the warm welcome! Jen On 10/8/06, <stewlis (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:Hi ,Welcome to the group!  I'm (stewlis; I usually try to include that when I sign off because is a common name).  I found out I was hypothyroid last September, and I'm being treated with Synthroid, started out last year at 75mcg with my TSH at 22, and now I'm up to 150mcg with my last TSH at 0.58.  My docs are some of the few that seem to know their stuff, because they agree that a person's TSH should be as close to 1, or even a little below 1, to feel best.  They're a team of Endocrinologists.  I feel better now than I've felt in years, so for those of you struggling, have hope!  The right dose of the right hormone replacement is out there, you just have to find it. What is your story?  What brings you here to our group?  What things can we help you with, and what symptoms are you battling? Welcome!!  (stewlis)American stationed at MCAS Iwakuni, Japan  Join Group I'd like to join the group. Support My Music....Jordan Reimer Musichttp://store.snocap.com/a/s/T3-31324-FQTCN32YXR-Q/