RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: pedometers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

>>>Vernie wrote:

Hey, I have two of them soooooooo can I wear one on each side and then

add together so I can keep up with the rest of you....

LOL! A better idea might be wearing two

pedometers and averaging the results to get a more accurate reading.

I've bought at least 4 of 'em over the past couple of years. Still

don't have one that's accurate. I've walked at the high school track

with them on and have never had one reflect the correct distance after

walking one lap (.25 mi). Even if one enters one's stride correctly...

how often does anyone use the same stride every time they walk? And if

they aren't placed just right, you can make some of 'em click off a

step or two just by bending over or moving a certain way.

love,

janet

Guest guest

Oh yeah! I’ve got a list going of

all the SRD steppers too! Just so ya’ll know I really am paying

attention LOL

Try wearing your pedometer on your shoe

instead of on your body – works better that way J

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #1454, Pleasanton

http://www.texastops.org

email: topsmama@...

We'll win this battle of the bulge together!

[mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of Hamilton and Feeser

Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006

10:31 PM

To: TexasTOPS

Subject: Re:

pedometers

>>>Vernie wrote: Hey, I have two of

them soooooooo can I wear one on each side and then add together so I can keep

up with the rest of you....

LOL! A better idea might be wearing

two pedometers and averaging the results to get a more accurate reading. I've

bought at least 4 of 'em over the past couple of years. Still don't have

one that's accurate. I've walked at the high school track with them on

and have never had one reflect the correct distance after walking one lap (.25

mi). Even if one enters one's stride correctly... how often does anyone

use the same stride every time they walk? And if they aren't placed just

right, you can make some of 'em click off a step or two just by bending over or

moving a certain way.

love,

janet

Guest guest

Try wearing your pedometer on your shoe instead of on your body – works better that way J

Tried to answer this a while ago and lost it!!

I put mine in my jeans pocket clipped backwards stays in the poket bwetter, put it on in the morning before I leave the bedroom and take it off at night. Some days am surprised at how little I walk.

Betty 2

Guest guest

LOL! A better idea might be wearing two pedometers and averaging the results to get a more accurate reading. I've bought at least 4 of 'em over the past couple of years. Still don't have one that's accurate. I've walked at the high school track with them on and have never had one reflect the correct distance after walking one lap (.25 mi). Even if one enters one's stride correctly... how often does anyone use the same stride every time they walk? And if they aren't placed just right, you can make some of 'em click off a step or two just by bending over or moving a certain way.love,janet

Mine is an OMRON I got aty Wal Mart. It checks out pretty well with my treadmill. The only thing is it doesn't count the calories used in the same way. Like the treadmills version better.

Betty 2

Guest guest

Count me in on that. I've always wondered how many steps it takes to work an SRD !!!!!!!!!!

Willie

RE: pedometers

Oh yeah! I’ve got a list going of all the SRD steppers too! Just so ya’ll know I really am paying attention LOL

Try wearing your pedometer on your shoe instead of on your body – works better that way J

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #1454, Pleasanton

From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of Hamilton and FeeserSent: Monday, January 23, 2006 10:31 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: pedometers

>>>Vernie wrote: Hey, I have two of them soooooooo can I wear one on each side and then add together so I can keep up with the rest of you....LOL! A better idea might be wearing two pedometers and averaging the results to get a more accurate reading. I've bought at least 4 of 'em over the past couple of years. Still don't have one that's accurate. I've walked at the high school track with them on and have never had one reflect the correct distance after walking one lap (.25 mi). Even if one enters one's stride correctly... how often does anyone use the same stride every time they walk? And if they aren't placed just right, you can make some of 'em click off a step or two just by bending over or moving a certain way.love,janet

Guest guest

Count me in on that. I've always wondered how many steps it takes to work an SRD !!!!!!!!!!

Willie

RE: pedometers

Oh yeah! I’ve got a list going of all the SRD steppers too! Just so ya’ll know I really am paying attention LOL

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #1454, Pleasanton

From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of Hamilton and FeeserSent: Monday, January 23, 2006 10:31 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: pedometers

>>>Vernie wrote: Hey, I have two of them soooooooo can I wear one on each side and then add together so I can keep up with the rest of you....LOL! A better idea might be wearing two pedometers and averaging the results to get a more accurate reading. I've bought at least 4 of 'em over the past couple of years. Still don't have one that's accurate. I've walked at the high school track with them on and have never had one reflect the correct distance after walking one lap (.25 mi). Even if one enters one's stride correctly... how often does anyone use the same stride every time they walk? And if they aren't placed just right, you can make some of 'em click off a step or two just by bending over or moving a certain way.love,janet

Guest guest

Now Janet...you are just to logical and practical....I still prefer my way...wear two of the things I can't spell and then add together....sure makes my exercise log look better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL..... HUGS, Vernie Hamilton and Feeser wrote: >>>Vernie wrote: Hey, I have two of them soooooooo can I wear one on each side and then add together so I can keep up with the rest of you....LOL! A better idea might be wearing two pedometers and averaging the results to get a more accurate reading. I've bought at least 4 of 'em over the past couple of years. Still don't have one that's accurate. I've walked at the high school track with them on and have never had

one reflect the correct distance after walking one lap (.25 mi). Even if one enters one's stride correctly... how often does anyone use the same stride every time they walk? And if they aren't placed just right, you can make some of 'em click off a step or two just by bending over or moving a certain way.love,janet

Yahoo! Photos Got holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.