RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Be careful taking Amiltriptyline/Elavil.

I learned in other groups thru the years that most call it the "Evil Drug" because of it's Side Effects.

I took it for a few months myself, and I had Really Horrible Nightmares....really disgusting, vivid nightmares that I can still remember to this day....and that was 3 years ago that I took it....and I normally don't remember most of my dreams.

But, it was because of those nightmares that I can't go and watch Carnival rides with kids on them anymore.....I freak out completely.

So, if you are having any nightmares or weird side effects.....it is because of the Elavil.

Tonia

-------Original Message-------

Faith I'm on amiltriptyline and I take 50mg at night I wouldnt be able to sleep with out it . The only side effect is it makes me hungry for sweet stuff. they are gonna up mine it works pretty good for me hugs Pamjomal1@... wrote:

Faith,

Amiltriptyline is the same thing as Elavil. It's an antidepressant that is supposed to help with RSD pain.

I took it for several years.... I didn't have a lot of side effects from it if I recall properly.

Hope that helps a little,

Hugs,

Jo

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Guest guest

Be careful taking Amiltriptyline/Elavil.

I learned in other groups thru the years that most call it the "Evil Drug" because of it's Side Effects.

I took it for a few months myself, and I had Really Horrible Nightmares....really disgusting, vivid nightmares that I can still remember to this day....and that was 3 years ago that I took it....and I normally don't remember most of my dreams.

But, it was because of those nightmares that I can't go and watch Carnival rides with kids on them anymore.....I freak out completely.

So, if you are having any nightmares or weird side effects.....it is because of the Elavil.

Tonia

-------Original Message-------

Faith I'm on amiltriptyline and I take 50mg at night I wouldnt be able to sleep with out it . The only side effect is it makes me hungry for sweet stuff. they are gonna up mine it works pretty good for me hugs Pamjomal1@... wrote:

Faith,

Amiltriptyline is the same thing as Elavil. It's an antidepressant that is supposed to help with RSD pain.

I took it for several years.... I didn't have a lot of side effects from it if I recall properly.

Hope that helps a little,

Hugs,

Jo

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Guest guest

Jan,

I'm one that got dumped by the foot surgeon. My bennies where done and that was that and he never could come up with help. I went 8 years seeing dr. at mayo They just stated I was a psych case Chronic pain unspecified. It finally took this newbie out of school to take me seriously and work with me etc.

Laurie

Guest guest

Jan,

I'm one that got dumped by the foot surgeon. My bennies where done and that was that and he never could come up with help. I went 8 years seeing dr. at mayo They just stated I was a psych case Chronic pain unspecified. It finally took this newbie out of school to take me seriously and work with me etc.

Laurie

Guest guest

Jan,

Laurie

Guest guest

Jan this is Pam and I was dumped buy my last pain doctor and now no pain center will take me because I'm private pay. my regular doctor dosent know how to treat rsd and dosent do any thing so I am stuck .I hope this helps your poll soft hugs to you Pam"Mr. Jan G. Loeb" wrote:

Dear Group:

I would like to find out, how many members have been discharged from there doctors because there doctors have been either frustrated with RSD and Treatments, or they just dont want to put up with what goes on with us with these disease.

I would like to take this Poll, so we can send this to someone in Government that a lot of people with Chronic pain are being dumped by there doctors to fend for ourselves without medical treatment.

Hugs

Jan

Guest guest

Jan this is Pam and I was dumped buy my last pain doctor and now no pain center will take me because I'm private pay. my regular doctor dosent know how to treat rsd and dosent do any thing so I am stuck .I hope this helps your poll soft hugs to you Pam"Mr. Jan G. Loeb" wrote:

Dear Group:

I would like to find out, how many members have been discharged from there doctors because there doctors have been either frustrated with RSD and Treatments, or they just dont want to put up with what goes on with us with these disease.

I would like to take this Poll, so we can send this to someone in Government that a lot of people with Chronic pain are being dumped by there doctors to fend for ourselves without medical treatment.

Hugs

Jan

Guest guest

Dear Group:

Hugs

Jan

Guest guest

Jan,

I had that one pain management doctor, who said that he wouldn't do anymore blocks, but he still wanted to see me, so I guess that's not what you are looking for huh? I think that was me dumping him because he was an idiot. I hope other people respond to this so you can get some kind of results.

I hope the next people to respond will be better help,

Lin

Dear Group:

Jan

Guest guest

Jan,

I had that one pain management doctor, who said that he wouldn't do anymore blocks, but he still wanted to see me, so I guess that's not what you are looking for huh? I think that was me dumping him because he was an idiot. I hope other people respond to this so you can get some kind of results.

Lin

Dear Group:

Jan

Guest guest

Jan,

Lin

Dear Group:

Jan

Guest guest

I am fortunate that my pain doctor, GP, and PT are working together. My

orthopaedic doctor did discharge me because he couldn't help me anymore. He

doesn't see me anymore.

Debbie Ducote

>

>

> Date: 2004/10/22 Fri AM 11:33:00 EDT

> To: <RSD-CRPSofAmerica >

> Subject: Question

>

> Dear Group:

>

> I would like to find out, how many members have been discharged from there

doctors because there doctors have been either frustrated with RSD and

Treatments, or they just dont want to put up with what goes on with us with

these disease.

>

> I would like to take this Poll, so we can send this to someone in Government

that a lot of people with Chronic pain are being dumped by there doctors to fend

for ourselves without medical treatment.

>

> Hugs

> Jan

>

>

Guest guest

doesn't see me anymore.

Debbie Ducote

>

>

>

> Dear Group:

>

these disease.

>

that a lot of people with Chronic pain are being dumped by there doctors to fend

>

> Hugs

> Jan

>

>

Guest guest

doesn't see me anymore.

Debbie Ducote

>

>

>

> Dear Group:

>

these disease.

>

>

> Hugs

> Jan

>

>

Guest guest

Cathy - Your letter was heatbreaking. You've described so many medical difficulties that you have going on (e.g. cancer, RSD, the need for dialysis, etc.),; I can't for the life of me understand how you can not get decent medical care !! How do you get prescriptions? Please tell me that you have at least one compassionate and competent physician managing your care. There has to be a way to help you get the medical help that you need. I'm really concerned for you. Barbarafishthatsmiles@... wrote:

hello jan. i am always being dumped by my doctors. i like it when i goto a new doctor and i star telling them about me. they put their handup and say. ohno. i will not treat you. you are a high risk case andare to complicated. and then they walk out of the room. so from now on ibarley go to doctors. only in an emergency. i do not want them torelease me. i even had a kidney specialst tht while i was on dyalistsaid right ion the middle of treatment, oh well your case is gettingbad. i donot want to work with yo anmore and he walked out. right inthe middles of dialsit. how is that. i am petrified doctors will dothis agian so will put up withhe pain and all. because i am afraid ofseeing the :HAND" again and say go away. i will not treat you. oh wellthis has caused bad flash backs and i am now scared again. will thedocotrs ever trat us

like my old doctor did when i was growig up.probably ot.they are all afraid of a lawsuit. pretty good all they wantis me to go away and die. so i will. lve ya cathy

Guest guest

Cathy - Your letter was heatbreaking. You've described so many medical difficulties that you have going on (e.g. cancer, RSD, the need for dialysis, etc.),; I can't for the life of me understand how you can not get decent medical care !! How do you get prescriptions? Please tell me that you have at least one compassionate and competent physician managing your care. There has to be a way to help you get the medical help that you need. I'm really concerned for you. Barbarafishthatsmiles@... wrote:

hello jan. i am always being dumped by my doctors. i like it when i goto a new doctor and i star telling them about me. they put their handup and say. ohno. i will not treat you. you are a high risk case andare to complicated. and then they walk out of the room. so from now on ibarley go to doctors. only in an emergency. i do not want them torelease me. i even had a kidney specialst tht while i was on dyalistsaid right ion the middle of treatment, oh well your case is gettingbad. i donot want to work with yo anmore and he walked out. right inthe middles of dialsit. how is that. i am petrified doctors will dothis agian so will put up withhe pain and all. because i am afraid ofseeing the :HAND" again and say go away. i will not treat you. oh wellthis has caused bad flash backs and i am now scared again. will thedocotrs ever trat us

like my old doctor did when i was growig up.probably ot.they are all afraid of a lawsuit. pretty good all they wantis me to go away and die. so i will. lve ya cathy

Guest guest

Guest guest

Cathy,

Barbara just asked all that I was..and said almost exactly what I was going to. Do you have a good hospital near you? Anyway they can suggest the best drs around for all that you are dealing with? I can't imagine what i would feel if drs were treating me the way yours did to you. It's amazing they can just abandon you the way they do...have you reported any to the medical board..i knwo I would have...Good luck and Hugs..GinnyBARBARA TORREY wrote:

Cathy - Your letter was heatbreaking. You've described so many medical difficulties that you have going on (e.g. cancer, RSD, the need for dialysis, etc.),; I can't for the life of me understand how you can not get decent medical care !! How do you get prescriptions? Please tell me that you have at least one compassionate and competent physician managing your care. There has to be a way to help you get the medical help that you need. I'm really concerned for you. Barbarafishthatsmiles@... wrote: hello jan. i am always being dumped by my doctors. i like it when i goto a new doctor and i star telling them about me. they put their handup and say. ohno. i will not treat you. you are a high risk case andare to complicated. and then they walk out of the room. so from now on ibarley go to doctors. only in an emergency. i do not want them torelease me. i even had a kidney specialst tht while i was on dyalistsaid right ion the middle of treatment, oh well your case is gettingbad. i donot want to work with yo anmore and he walked out. right inthe middles of dialsit. how is that. i am petrified doctors will dothis agian so will put up withhe pain and all. because i am afraid ofseeing the :HAND" again and say go away. i will not treat you. oh wellthis has caused bad flash backs and i am now scared again. will thedocotrs ever trat us

Guest guest

Cathy,

Barbara just asked all that I was..and said almost exactly what I was going to. Do you have a good hospital near you? Anyway they can suggest the best drs around for all that you are dealing with? I can't imagine what i would feel if drs were treating me the way yours did to you. It's amazing they can just abandon you the way they do...have you reported any to the medical board..i knwo I would have...Good luck and Hugs..GinnyBARBARA TORREY wrote:

Cathy - Your letter was heatbreaking. You've described so many medical difficulties that you have going on (e.g. cancer, RSD, the need for dialysis, etc.),; I can't for the life of me understand how you can not get decent medical care !! How do you get prescriptions? Please tell me that you have at least one compassionate and competent physician managing your care. There has to be a way to help you get the medical help that you need. I'm really concerned for you. Barbarafishthatsmiles@... wrote: hello jan. i am always being dumped by my doctors. i like it when i goto a new doctor and i star telling them about me. they put their handup and say. ohno. i will not treat you. you are a high risk case andare to complicated. and then they walk out of the room. so from now on ibarley go to doctors. only in an emergency. i do not want them torelease me. i even had a kidney specialst tht while i was on dyalistsaid right ion the middle of treatment, oh well your case is gettingbad. i donot want to work with yo anmore and he walked out. right inthe middles of dialsit. how is that. i am petrified doctors will dothis agian so will put up withhe pain and all. because i am afraid ofseeing the :HAND" again and say go away. i will not treat you. oh wellthis has caused bad flash backs and i am now scared again. will thedocotrs ever trat us

Guest guest

Cathy,

Guest guest

Jan, I don't know if this will count for what you're looking for but, the last I have gone to either my foot and ankle doctor was in March, 2004 and the last time I went to my pain management doctor was in February, 2004. I stopped going because neither one is very knowledgable on RSD. I am currently on no meds because neither one will prescibe any for me. I am also currently searching for new doctors. I have been searching for about 6 months now and so far I have been unable to find anyone who is knowledgabe on this decease who is also close enough for me to travel to on my own. I have to drive myself to daytime appointments because I have no one to drive me during those times. Everyone works and can't afford to be taking off work all the time. As I said earlier, I don't know if this is the type of information that you are looking for, but this is what's going on with me right now. I hope that it helps. Gentle Hugs, FaithDear Group: > >I would like to find out, how many members have been discharged from there doctors because there doctors have been either frustrated with RSD and Treatments, or they just dont want to put up with what goes on with us with these disease. > >I would like to take this Poll, so we can send this to someone in Government that a lot of people with Chronic pain are being dumped by there doctors to fend for ourselves without medical treatment. > >Hugs >Jan

Find the music you love on MSN Music. Start downloading now!

Guest guest

Jan, I don't know if this will count for what you're looking for but, the last I have gone to either my foot and ankle doctor was in March, 2004 and the last time I went to my pain management doctor was in February, 2004. I stopped going because neither one is very knowledgable on RSD. I am currently on no meds because neither one will prescibe any for me. I am also currently searching for new doctors. I have been searching for about 6 months now and so far I have been unable to find anyone who is knowledgabe on this decease who is also close enough for me to travel to on my own. I have to drive myself to daytime appointments because I have no one to drive me during those times. Everyone works and can't afford to be taking off work all the time. As I said earlier, I don't know if this is the type of information that you are looking for, but this is what's going on with me right now. I hope that it helps. Gentle Hugs, FaithDear Group: > >I would like to find out, how many members have been discharged from there doctors because there doctors have been either frustrated with RSD and Treatments, or they just dont want to put up with what goes on with us with these disease. > >I would like to take this Poll, so we can send this to someone in Government that a lot of people with Chronic pain are being dumped by there doctors to fend for ourselves without medical treatment. > >Hugs >Jan

Find the music you love on MSN Music. Start downloading now!