RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

CLEANSING THE CLITORIS & Q TIP USAGE.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI hon... so sorry you had to go through that infection. *OUCH* that had to be very painful for you. I'm assuming you mean you have a little hole on the 'hood' of the clitoris and not the actual clitoris inside, right? I hope that's where it is because if it was on the actual clitoris OMG would that hurt it can be so sensitive.

Hon more than likely that will heal on it's own given some time so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I've had some biopsy's that left pretty good size gully's and they even eventually filled in (by using the Estrace cream to rebuild that skin) BUT if I were you?

Right now with everything so tender hon I would not be putting that on it as it's base can irritate with raw skin even tho it's a compounded form apparently there's still something that's irritating, so just give it some time hon to heal on it's own.

After it's healed a bit it should help hon to restore that skin to full healthiness so I truly doubt that hole will remain. *smile* You might try the Emu oil for now, that's really a good soothing emollient and keeps things nice and slippery so the hood slides easily and that hood doesn't adhere or fuse and trap debris under it which is may be what happened to cause that in the first place. Plus the Emu oil is very healing as well, (even used in hospitals for burns so I've read) .

Another is plain ol' vaseline... that's always good and generally non irritating and you will heal under that.

Just for information this is something (below) that I've sent before on the Clitoris and keeping it clean and it's something that generally we don't think about 'unless' we've had problems. For what it's worth. Hang in there hon better days are ahead and the worst is over now that you've got that cleared out. ;)

Dee~ ;)

HI all, Thought I'd add this about how important it is to keep inside that clitoral hood area clean just as it is for men, esp. those who aren't circumcized.

I saw this about smegma, (this is probably more than anyone wanted to know), but there are glands on the inner hood of the clitoris that secrete an oily substance called ''sebum'' that lubricates the clitoris (so it can slide).

And by the way ARE the same glands on the inner surface of the males foreskin so that it slides too. In fact it's what makes the head of the penis shiny (same as our clitoris itself is shiny) and when that oily substance (sebum) accumulates it's called 'smegma' and it can have that cheesy odor.

Not only the smegma but if that area is not cleansed well, think about these things!

The hood or shaft may trap sweat, or vag. secretions, semen, toilet paper fibers, a pubic hair, menstrual blood, and urine and possibly feces if we wipe backwards, YUCK.... All of that if not kept clean can lead to bacterial infections. (not that it will but may) So it's easy to understand why fusing or adhesions in that area is 'not' a good thing to have (trapping all of that inside) and if one does have pain in that area it may well be a cause of it as even the smegma itself can harden into tiny hard pieces too (sort of like ear wax sort)

I never gave all those things a thought, 'before' I learned all of this... but I make sure I keep that area clean now. One thing I do (now & then) and use my meds there is what I've named the Q-tip 'twirl' many years ago.*grin*

I've been doing this for a long time, is to put a tiny dab of the meds I use (the E & T) on a Q-tip and twirl it inside the clitoral hood or shaft. (even just vaseline would work too if meds not needed there).

When it's loose and fine the head of the Q tip goes in most of the way 1/3rd inch? maybe? (make sure it's well lubed or wet with the vaseline or meds, so it doesn't cause friction) and just twirl that in and over the clitoris itself. It keeps the hood loose from the actual clitoris so that it can be tugged back just like a penis (of sorts *chuckle*)

'I' think it's probably easier to clean that clitoral area with a bath and a washcloth or our hand, as even by soaking it can help keep that area clean. It's probably easier in the tub too sitting there & gently pulling the hood back than to do it in a shower. Luckily I'm one of those who likes a bath. (that's me) and I know, I know, (grin) many prefer the showers but not me. It's my only time to relax, LOL

Plus the hot water sitting in the tub helps the body to absorb it's meds or even whole body lotion better. A shower is just too fast to really warm up the skin for any length of time (I think) and my doc thinks baths are ok (good thing, I'd do it anyway) *grin*

Like I said probably more than anyone wanted to know *grin* but just for information for what it's worth.

Dee~ ;)