Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

It is very inspirational and very encouraging to hear that you are holding

steady between 4 and 5 for three years. That gives me hope that I can hold

steady until my daughter get out of college :-)

Also, good for you for getting on that treadmill every day! If you can do 7

days, then I can do more than 3-4 days a week!

Thanks for posting.

> Hi

> >

> >I was diagnosed 3 yrs ago with IGA. at that time my creatine was

> >between 4.0 and 5.0. now 3 yrs later it is the same. My Dr says I

> >have approx 20 % function. my meds are- lasix 20mg,zestril 2.5mg,Vit

> >D,aranesp injection for anemia, tums and renagel for phosphorus. My

> >dr thinks I have done so well over the 3 yrs because my blood

> >pressure has been under control the wholetime. I was having bone pain

> >and I found out my parathyroid hormone was very high which causes

> >your calcium to be pulled out of your bones-so the renagel helps. I

> >also have started to walk 1 mile every morning on the treadmill and

> >it makes me feel better.

> >

> >Good luck,

> >christine

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

It is very inspirational and very encouraging to hear that you are holding

steady between 4 and 5 for three years. That gives me hope that I can hold

steady until my daughter get out of college :-)

Also, good for you for getting on that treadmill every day! If you can do 7

days, then I can do more than 3-4 days a week!

Thanks for posting.

> Hi

> >

> >I was diagnosed 3 yrs ago with IGA. at that time my creatine was

> >between 4.0 and 5.0. now 3 yrs later it is the same. My Dr says I

> >have approx 20 % function. my meds are- lasix 20mg,zestril 2.5mg,Vit

> >D,aranesp injection for anemia, tums and renagel for phosphorus. My

> >dr thinks I have done so well over the 3 yrs because my blood

> >pressure has been under control the wholetime. I was having bone pain

> >and I found out my parathyroid hormone was very high which causes

> >your calcium to be pulled out of your bones-so the renagel helps. I

> >also have started to walk 1 mile every morning on the treadmill and

> >it makes me feel better.

> >

> >Good luck,

> >christine

>

Guest guest

Hi Martha,

I am glad you checked in with us. I hope the Paxil helps you with the

depression. I think everything feels more overwhelming when you are depressed,

and

financial stress sure does not help.

Hang in there Martha!

Guest guest

Hi Martha,

and

Hang in there Martha!

Guest guest

Hi Martha,

and

Hang in there Martha!

Guest guest

Gail,

*hugs* I am so glad you are back! You have been missed. Take your time and heal, follow the doctor's order. Post when you can and keep us updated on your progress. *hugs*

~Coco~

WW & TOPS

Flex Points

Guest guest

Gail,

*hugs* I am so glad you are back! You have been missed. Take your time and heal, follow the doctor's order. Post when you can and keep us updated on your progress. *hugs*

~Coco~

WW & TOPS

Flex Points

Guest guest

thanks AnitaAnita wrote:

Good Job Gail

Anita

Re: hello

Thanks Coco,

The walking is getting better, almost no limp most of the time. Went to W/I on Saturday and much to my surprise, I lost 2#. I was so thrilled. Here's to another good week.

Gail

Do you Yahoo!?Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

thanks AnitaAnita wrote:

Good Job Gail

Anita

Thanks Coco,

The walking is getting better, almost no limp most of the time. Went to W/I on Saturday and much to my surprise, I lost 2#. I was so thrilled. Here's to another good week.

Gail

Do you Yahoo!?Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

thanks AnitaAnita wrote:

Good Job Gail

Anita

Thanks Coco,

Gail

Guest guest

Gail,

WAY TO GO on the 2 pound loss. You are doing great. I am so proud of you. Glad to hear that you are healing and feeling better. YES!!!

~Coco~

WW & TOPS

Flex Points

Guest guest

Gail,

WAY TO GO on the 2 pound loss. You are doing great. I am so proud of you. Glad to hear that you are healing and feeling better. YES!!!

~Coco~

WW & TOPS

Flex Points

Guest guest

Gail,

~Coco~

WW & TOPS

Flex Points

Guest guest

Coco,

So much for the 2# loss, I gained them back, plus 6oz to boot. I don't know what is wrong with me. I think, wow, I lost weight eating what I did this week, so I figure I can continue like that and do the same. NOPE, not me, I gain. I really have to get myself back in gear. Hubby went to the grocery store last night and we stocked up on pork and chicken. There are so many things you can do with both i'm sure, just need to find some recipes that I think hubby will like. Knee is getting better by the day, if I don't overdue it too much. I am hoping to get a good pair of walking shoes and start that slowly soon.

Gail

Guest guest

Hang in there Gail. Give it time. You will get it.

Anita

Coco,

So much for the 2# loss, I gained them back, plus 6oz to boot. I don't know what is wrong with me. I think, wow, I lost weight eating what I did this week, so I figure I can continue like that and do the same. NOPE, not me, I gain. I really have to get myself back in gear. Hubby went to the grocery store last night and we stocked up on pork and chicken. There are so many things you can do with both i'm sure, just need to find some recipes that I think hubby will like. Knee is getting better by the day, if I don't overdue it too much. I am hoping to get a good pair of walking shoes and start that slowly soon.

Gail

Guest guest

Anita

Coco,

Gail

Guest guest

Anita

Coco,

Gail

Guest guest

Gail,

Sorry to hear that you had a gain. It is hard to lose weight when you are not moving and since you have to recoup from your surgery, the weight loss will be slower. I hope you are able to get your walking shoes and start walking soon. Hope you found some good things to make with the chicken and pork your hubby bought. You can do this and we are all here for you! *hugs*

~Coco~

WW & TOPS

Flex Points

Guest guest

Gail,

Sorry to hear that you had a gain. It is hard to lose weight when you are not moving and since you have to recoup from your surgery, the weight loss will be slower. I hope you are able to get your walking shoes and start walking soon. Hope you found some good things to make with the chicken and pork your hubby bought. You can do this and we are all here for you! *hugs*

~Coco~

WW & TOPS

Flex Points

Guest guest

Gail,

..2 gain with TOM is pretty good. That .2 will be gone in no time. You can do this!

~Coco~

WW & TOPS

Flex Points

Guest guest

Gail,

..2 gain with TOM is pretty good. That .2 will be gone in no time. You can do this!

~Coco~

WW & TOPS

Flex Points

Guest guest

Gail,

~Coco~

WW & TOPS

Flex Points

Guest guest

Thanks Coco,

I am bringing my lunches to work with me again like I mentioned before. I am hoping that that helps out alot. We'll see come Saturday.

Gail

~Coco~ wrote:

Gail,

~Coco~

WW & TOPS

Flex Points

Guest guest

Yeah thats what I am talking about@!!! Medical terms are right up there with legal terms!! I went back to the doctor today. He said the results showed that I did have another light attack and I have unstable angina (which he had already told me all this) and he gave a little phamplet to read and this was in it.

Angina (angina Pectoris) is a type of temporary CHEST PAIN, pressure, or, discomfort that occurs when the heart is not getting enough oxygen. (Well mine must have been sufforcating because the pain was near to unbearable and the pressure felt like was sitting on my chest all 395 pounds of him!!)

The most common underlying cause of angina is CORONARY ATERY DISEASE, which occurs when the arteries that supply the heart with oxygen-rich blood become blocked with plaque deposits. (Iguess this means that the by-pass may happen sooner than I want it to)

According to the AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION, approximately 6.8 million Americans are diagnosed with Angina every year, about 4.2 million of whom are women.

IF the angina occurs in predictable situations, such as during exertion or exercise, it is know as STABLE ANGINA. HOWEVER, IF the painful episodes occur without warning, last longer than normal angina episodes and occurs more frequently, it is known as UNSTABLE ANGINA. This is a very dangerous medical situation that requires PROMPT medical attention. UNSTABLE ANGINA may signal that a HEART ATTACK is impending.

Well let me tell you this came on without warning and without any type of exertion. I was sitting and watching Law and Order. I started feeling the pressure first, (just like the last time in August). I called and told him that I was going to the ER because I felt chest pains. I then called Martha and told her that I was about to go the the ER and please meet me there. Then my chest started feeling a little warm and then it started hurting and the pressure increased, I broke out into a horrible sweat and I knew I was not going to drive anywhere so I called 911. My neck was hurting really really bad and my arm felt like it had a tourniquet around it and it was really tight. In the mean time Martha had called her friend that lived 3 houses down and asked her to please come check on me and by the time she came in I was already doubled over in the floor. Jeanie (martha's friend) went to the phone and dialed 911

and she was told an ambulance was already on the way. I remember her getting a cool wash cloth and bathing my face. The next thing I knew was that the EMTS and Martha was there beside me. The EMTS gave me some nitro spray under my tounge and slapped an oxygen mask on me and loaded me up and took me to the hospital. I was put in ICU over night and moved out on the floor by morning. It just seemed that everything was happening all at once but in slow motion. It is a scarey thought that out of the blue this can occur. I had chest twinges all day the day before but not bad enough to really be concerned (or so I thought), I guess I was wrong. The doctor gave me some Metoprolol. I also am taking lisinopril for high blood pressure. I also am taking Clopidogrel. I HAVE WAY TOO MANY MEDS TO TAKE!!

I am feeling ok now but it seems that the constant "pressure" is always there.

I take one day at a time and deal with it and hope that there is another day waiting the next morning!!

"HUGHES, GEORGE" wrote:

Unstable AnginaPrecordial (the epigastrium and anterior surface of the lower part of the thorax) pain at rest, which may precede a myocardial infarction (gross necrosis of the myocardium, as a result of interruption of the blood supply to the area.)In English: A severe, often constricting pain, usually referring to abdominal pectoris. (chest and abdomen)Don't you love how Medical Dictionaries define words so that you have to look those works up to figure out what the heck they are talking about??? I still don't get it but I wanted to share in case you were wondering. Hello Hello everyone. Couldn't sleep and thought I would try to get on here and check my mail, BUT, I guess my daughter has cleared all my emails because I only have 31!! Martha told me she had sent an email telling you all I was in the hospital. She also said she sent my report. Thanks for all the well wishes from each of you. I am still feeling drained so I am thanking you all in this one email. I had another light heart attack and I have been diagnosed with unstable angina. They tried to explain what it was and I kinda understood it. I have doctor's appointments the rest of this week and one next week. When

I get more up to snuff I will email more. Hope everyone had a good holiday. Love ya pepper __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Yeah thats what I am talking about@!!! Medical terms are right up there with legal terms!! I went back to the doctor today. He said the results showed that I did have another light attack and I have unstable angina (which he had already told me all this) and he gave a little phamplet to read and this was in it.

Angina (angina Pectoris) is a type of temporary CHEST PAIN, pressure, or, discomfort that occurs when the heart is not getting enough oxygen. (Well mine must have been sufforcating because the pain was near to unbearable and the pressure felt like was sitting on my chest all 395 pounds of him!!)

The most common underlying cause of angina is CORONARY ATERY DISEASE, which occurs when the arteries that supply the heart with oxygen-rich blood become blocked with plaque deposits. (Iguess this means that the by-pass may happen sooner than I want it to)

According to the AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION, approximately 6.8 million Americans are diagnosed with Angina every year, about 4.2 million of whom are women.

IF the angina occurs in predictable situations, such as during exertion or exercise, it is know as STABLE ANGINA. HOWEVER, IF the painful episodes occur without warning, last longer than normal angina episodes and occurs more frequently, it is known as UNSTABLE ANGINA. This is a very dangerous medical situation that requires PROMPT medical attention. UNSTABLE ANGINA may signal that a HEART ATTACK is impending.

Well let me tell you this came on without warning and without any type of exertion. I was sitting and watching Law and Order. I started feeling the pressure first, (just like the last time in August). I called and told him that I was going to the ER because I felt chest pains. I then called Martha and told her that I was about to go the the ER and please meet me there. Then my chest started feeling a little warm and then it started hurting and the pressure increased, I broke out into a horrible sweat and I knew I was not going to drive anywhere so I called 911. My neck was hurting really really bad and my arm felt like it had a tourniquet around it and it was really tight. In the mean time Martha had called her friend that lived 3 houses down and asked her to please come check on me and by the time she came in I was already doubled over in the floor. Jeanie (martha's friend) went to the phone and dialed 911

and she was told an ambulance was already on the way. I remember her getting a cool wash cloth and bathing my face. The next thing I knew was that the EMTS and Martha was there beside me. The EMTS gave me some nitro spray under my tounge and slapped an oxygen mask on me and loaded me up and took me to the hospital. I was put in ICU over night and moved out on the floor by morning. It just seemed that everything was happening all at once but in slow motion. It is a scarey thought that out of the blue this can occur. I had chest twinges all day the day before but not bad enough to really be concerned (or so I thought), I guess I was wrong. The doctor gave me some Metoprolol. I also am taking lisinopril for high blood pressure. I also am taking Clopidogrel. I HAVE WAY TOO MANY MEDS TO TAKE!!

I am feeling ok now but it seems that the constant "pressure" is always there.

I take one day at a time and deal with it and hope that there is another day waiting the next morning!!

"HUGHES, GEORGE" wrote:

Unstable AnginaPrecordial (the epigastrium and anterior surface of the lower part of the thorax) pain at rest, which may precede a myocardial infarction (gross necrosis of the myocardium, as a result of interruption of the blood supply to the area.)In English: A severe, often constricting pain, usually referring to abdominal pectoris. (chest and abdomen)Don't you love how Medical Dictionaries define words so that you have to look those works up to figure out what the heck they are talking about??? I still don't get it but I wanted to share in case you were wondering. Hello Hello everyone. Couldn't sleep and thought I would try to get on here and check my mail, BUT, I guess my daughter has cleared all my emails because I only have 31!! Martha told me she had sent an email telling you all I was in the hospital. She also said she sent my report. Thanks for all the well wishes from each of you. I am still feeling drained so I am thanking you all in this one email. I had another light heart attack and I have been diagnosed with unstable angina. They tried to explain what it was and I kinda understood it. I have doctor's appointments the rest of this week and one next week. When

I get more up to snuff I will email more. Hope everyone had a good holiday. Love ya pepper __________________________________________________