RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: Pudendal Nerve Link? Severe Hemorrhoids?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

...I have severe anal problems with V V. I had rubber band surgery yrs. ago. This pain I have now feels like I just had the rubber banding done and the anesthetic has just worn off. Bowel movements accentuate the pain. I am in agony. I can't get to a colo-rectal man until July. My dr.s don't think I have hemorroids!!! I think they are way up and they can't see them. I have severe vaginal pain when and if the anal pain lets up a bit. Drugs aren't helping. Sound familiar??? Oh......I have a feeling that my rectum is falling out, but there is nothing to push back. Sometimes when I bend over, I feel something move in there. Sara in Syracuse

Pudendal Nerve Link? Severe Hemorrhoids?

Hi All,I have been reading more and more about pudendal nerve problems, and I was wondering what the consensus was on this board.It would seem to me that sharp pain in the left butt cheek, dysthetic vulvodynia and constant severe hemorrhoids could possibly all point to this.I had two internal hemorrhoids rubber banded two weeks ago, and the pain was extreme and it lasted for a week and a half. Now, I am back to where I started, where my rectum actually "falls out" whenever I go the bathroom. I usually have to push things back up inside.I see the surgeon for a follow up tomorrow. I am just wondering - could there be some relevance with the pudendal nerve? Do any of you guys suffer from severe hemorrhoids along with DV or VVS?Is there any way to treat the pudendal nerve without surgery? Should I ask the surgeon about the possibility of that, or will I get laughed out of the room?Does anyone else here have severe hemorrhoids / bordering on anal prolapse? I refuse to accept that I have to live with an excruciating problem in my rear along with my vulva.Any thoughts are appreciated (I should have written this sooner).Thanks,

Guest guest

I have had both Pudendal neuralgia, hemorrhoids and

VVS.. both affecting me greatly. I am on Lamictal for

a seizure disorder that has greatly reduced the VVS

and the pain in my nerves. I still have moments, but

it's been ALOT less painful.. maybe a tricyclic

antidepressant or cold compress usually helps.. I

would talk to your doc about different alternatives..

that is what has helped me. Good luck! :)

" We will comprehend the word serenity,

and we will know peace... " Pages 83-84

Guest guest

absolutely, you can treat pudendal neuralgia without surgery. Only the most severe cases need surgery. I had pudendal neuralgia and I wastreated with nerve blocks and extensive physical therapy and I am now well. Please look up my past posts and find the links and check them out. where do you live? wrote: Hi All,I have been reading more and more about pudendal nerve problems, and I was wondering what the consensus was on this board.It would seem to me that sharp pain in the left butt cheek,

dysthetic vulvodynia and constant severe hemorrhoids could possibly all point to this.I had two internal hemorrhoids rubber banded two weeks ago, and the pain was extreme and it lasted for a week and a half. Now, I am back to where I started, where my rectum actually "falls out" whenever I go the bathroom. I usually have to push things back up inside.I see the surgeon for a follow up tomorrow. I am just wondering - could there be some relevance with the pudendal nerve? Do any of you guys suffer from severe hemorrhoids along with DV or VVS?Is there any way to treat the pudendal nerve without surgery? Should I ask the surgeon about the possibility of that, or will I get laughed out of the room?Does anyone else here have severe hemorrhoids / bordering on anal prolapse? I refuse to accept that I have to live with an excruciating problem in my rear along with my vulva.Any thoughts are

appreciated (I should have written this sooner).Thanks, __________________________________________________

Guest guest

May I introduce another possibility here - as I have this condition I'm about to mention.

Severe butt cheek pain can be and often is sciatica.

Sciatica is usually caused by compromised spinal nerves due to arthritis, acute injury, chronic injury, and/or bulging or herniated spinal discs. This material presses on nerves and voila - the dreadful buttocks pain and/or leg pain and groin pain.

I have suffered from a compromised low back for over 26 years and during a back attack I often would go to the GYN thinking I had females problems as the pain in my groin would be as bad as the back pain. I now know it was referred pain, as a result of the back trouble, in the groin.

Have you had a MRI of your low back - you may have trouble there.

Hemmys are just a part of life and probably aren't really related to our disorder. Just about every friend and relative I have - some in their 30's and some in their late 50's like me all have some degree or other of hemmy's.

Hope something here helps.

Dusty

-----Original Message-----From: VulvarDisorders [mailto:VulvarDisorders ] On Behalf Of molly ringSent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 10:01 AMTo: VulvarDisorders Subject: Re: Pudendal Nerve Link? Severe Hemorrhoids?

absolutely, you can treat pudendal neuralgia without surgery. Only the most severe cases need surgery. I had pudendal neuralgia and I wastreated with nerve blocks and extensive physical therapy and I am now well. Please look up my past posts and find the links and check them out. where do you live? wrote:

Hi All,I have been reading more and more about pudendal nerve problems, and I was wondering what the consensus was on this board.It would seem to me that sharp pain in the left butt cheek, dysthetic vulvodynia and constant severe hemorrhoids could possibly all point to this.I had two internal hemorrhoids rubber banded two weeks ago, and the pain was extreme and it lasted for a week and a half. Now, I am back to where I started, where my rectum actually "falls out" whenever I go the bathroom. I usually have to push things back up inside.I see the surgeon for a follow up tomorrow. I am just wondering - could there be some relevance with the pudendal nerve? Do any of you guys suffer from severe hemorrhoids along with DV or VVS?Is there any way to treat the pudendal nerve without surgery? Should I ask the surgeon about the possibility of that, or will I get laughed out of the room?Does anyone else here have severe hemorrhoids / bordering on anal prolapse? I refuse to accept that I have to live with an excruciating problem in my rear along with my vulva.Any thoughts are appreciated (I should have written this sooner).Thanks,

Guest guest

Hi :

I have DV and really bad hemmoroids. I have to push them back in after every bowel movement. Don't know if I have pudenal nerve problems, it was never mentioned. Don't have any pain in my butt cheeks.

Sherri

-------------- Original message --------------