RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Foltx vs Metanx

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://www.metanx.com/ Pamlabs replaced Foltx with Metanx. Evidently they figured out that some folks do not convert folate to its more usable form. Does this sound familiar boyz and gurlz? Would you like to hazard a guess which folks are poor converters? Maybe we should all write to Pamlabs and tell them who we are. We don't convert enough T4 to T3, progesterone to estrogen, DHEA to testosterone and now we also don't convert our folic acid to L-methyl folate, becuz our basal body temps are too low for the reactions

to take place. They now most likely have a $money making$ patentable drug as opposed to a vitamin complex that any pharm co can duplicate. Anyway, Metanx is the new formula for Foltx, with the three vitamins supposedly in the most usable form. Sara wrote: For some time now my prescription from Walgreen's has said "Foltx (new formula)" and has not changed to Metanx. The mfg is "PAM". Is anyone else still getting Foltx with the "new formula" written on it,

instead of Metanx? Does anyone know why there is this difference out there? What did they change about the formulation? Dr. R wrote me a new prescription for Metanx last summer, but it's still marked Foltx with the "new formula" words. Am I missing something important?TIA....sg

Yahoo! Photos Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Guest guest

I called my Walgreen's pharmacist and she said that my prescription

for Metanx from July 26TH 2005 was STILL ON HOLD in their file. All

this time I thought the " Foltx (new formula) " was what Dr. R was

talking about. No, it's just a new formula for the Foltx. Oh,

brother. I specifically told them the Metanx prescription was for my

next refill to replace the Foltx. It was bad timing to have the

Foltx change at the same time. I guess I just didn't think enough to

challenge it.

I'd better call and see what I've messed up by not having the

new stuff for 5 months. Jan, or Sharon if you read this, can you

tell me what I've possibly screwed up by not being on the Metanx?

I've continued to improve (especially since the gall bladder was

taken out), and don't have any meds complaints, so maybe I've just

slowed down a faster recovery. Duuuhhh. Grrrrr.

Thanks for any thoughts on this........sg

>

> http://www.metanx.com/ Pamlabs replaced Foltx with Metanx.

>

> Evidently they figured out that some folks do not convert folate

to its more usable form. Does this sound familiar boyz and gurlz?

>

> Would you like to hazard a guess which folks are poor

converters?

>

> Maybe we should all write to Pamlabs and tell them who we are.

We don't convert enough T4 to T3, progesterone to estrogen, DHEA to

testosterone and now we also don't convert our folic acid to L-

methyl folate, becuz our basal body temps are too low for the

reactions to take place.

>

> They now most likely have a $money making$ patentable drug as

opposed to a vitamin complex that any pharm co can duplicate.

>

> Anyway, Metanx is the new formula for Foltx, with the three

vitamins supposedly in the most usable form.

>

>

Guest guest

I think the Metanx and the Foltx "new formula" are the same. I doubt that the old Foltx is still available unless they have some old stock. If you did well on the old one, you will probably do well on the new one. I would not raise a fuss unless you found that you were not doing well all of a sudden. If you really did better on the old version, you might be better off to purchase the individual vitamins in the specified doses. Sara wrote: I called my Walgreen's pharmacist and she said that my prescription for Metanx from July 26TH 2005 was

STILL ON HOLD in their file. All this time I thought the "Foltx (new formula)" was what Dr. R was talking about. No, it's just a new formula for the Foltx. Oh, brother. I specifically told them the Metanx prescription was for my next refill to replace the Foltx. It was bad timing to have the Foltx change at the same time. I guess I just didn't think enough to challenge it. I'd better call and see what I've messed up by not having the new stuff for 5 months. Jan, or Sharon if you read this, can you tell me what I've possibly screwed up by not being on the Metanx? I've continued to improve (especially since the gall bladder was taken out), and don't have any meds complaints, so maybe I've just slowed down a faster recovery. Duuuhhh. Grrrrr.Thanks for any thoughts on this........sg>> http://www.metanx.com/ Pamlabs replaced Foltx with Metanx.> > Evidently they figured out that some folks do not convert folate to its more usable form. Does this sound familiar boyz and gurlz? > > Would you like to hazard a guess which folks are poor converters? > > Maybe we should all write to Pamlabs and tell them who we are. We don't convert enough T4 to T3, progesterone to estrogen, DHEA to testosterone and now we also don't convert our folic acid to L-methyl folate, becuz our basal body temps are too low for the reactions to take place. > > They now most likely have a $money making$ patentable drug as opposed to a vitamin complex that any pharm co can duplicate.> >

Anyway, Metanx is the new formula for Foltx, with the three vitamins supposedly in the most usable form.

Yahoo! Photos Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Guest guest

The pharmacist read the components to me and the Foltx (new formula)

and the Metanx formulas are termed differently. She didn't seem very

clear herself on what it was that changed. But I've noticed no

difference in the old Foltx and the (new formula) version, so I'll

just take it until I talk to . Perhaps they'll want to see my

labs in February before making a decision.

That's so interesting about the change in the med due to conversion

issues. I will see how much more $$$ the Metanx is. Probably a

bundle! Thanks...sg

> >

> > http://www.metanx.com/ Pamlabs replaced Foltx with Metanx.

> >

> > Evidently they figured out that some folks do not convert

folate

> to its more usable form. Does this sound familiar boyz and gurlz?

> >

> > Would you like to hazard a guess which folks are poor

> converters?

> >

> > Maybe we should all write to Pamlabs and tell them who we are.

> We don't convert enough T4 to T3, progesterone to estrogen, DHEA

to

> testosterone and now we also don't convert our folic acid to L-

> methyl folate, becuz our basal body temps are too low for the

> reactions to take place.

> >

> > They now most likely have a $money making$ patentable drug as

> opposed to a vitamin complex that any pharm co can duplicate.

> >

> > Anyway, Metanx is the new formula for Foltx, with the three

> vitamins supposedly in the most usable form.

>

> ---------------------------------

> Yahoo! Photos

> Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events,

holidays, whatever.

>

Guest guest

I was one of the ones with the lab proven folic acid deficiency (like around 5 or 6 thousand or more hypos, I guess), and I was severely hypo at the time of that. I haven't retested for that in a long time, but then my red blood cell counts were normal 3 months after I got busy taking the folic acid, just an OTC cheap one. Do you suppose that I was becoming deficient over yrs, simply (well not so simple) because I was staying hypo for probably around 3 to 5 yrs before that, not because of my diet? Seems to make sense to me, as I have ALways eaten a diet that is reasonably richer in green veggies, beans, and the like. I can't think of any other plausible explanation for it, other than being unable to metabolize anything right. Yes, there's bad digestive absorption, but it seems like the cellular level is the one that really gets messed up and can't be undone so easily, even for awhile (or maybe never?) after being on the correct dose/type of thyroid hormones.

Re: Foltx vs Metanx

http://www.metanx.com/ Pamlabs replaced Foltx with Metanx.

Evidently they figured out that some folks do not convert folate to its more usable form. Does this sound familiar boyz and gurlz?

Would you like to hazard a guess which folks are poor converters?

Maybe we should all write to Pamlabs and tell them who we are. We don't convert enough T4 to T3, progesterone to estrogen, DHEA to testosterone and now we also don't convert our folic acid to L-methyl folate, becuz our basal body temps are too low for the reactions to take place.

They now most likely have a $money making$ patentable drug as opposed to a vitamin complex that any pharm co can duplicate.

Anyway, Metanx is the new formula for Foltx, with the three vitamins supposedly in the most usable form.