RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Help 5 month old son is severly constipated!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well I see that i have caused too much controversy for one week so i will not be posting on here anymore. If you would like to talk with me you can email me offline. I have made some nice friends that i feel i can email offline about my questions...since i didnt mean to post my topics in this group anyway i meant to post them to the WAPB group. Just so everyone knows i thought the prune juice worked but all it did was make his eczema break out severely and he still hasnt pooped very much. So im going to do what sally fallon has to say and give him the anise and mint tea and if that doesnt work then i dont know i might have to resort to karo syrup a few times until i can get my milk up. I do not want him getting a fissure because of this. So thanks for everyones support but i will not be posting again. Sorry to have offended so many people trying to discuss issues with other mothers who i thought would offer good advice candacesamanka farm

wrote: Alena,Thank you for your warm, thoughtful and direct post. Itseems to me to be very timely. I am reminded of the saying 'out of the mouth of babes come the pearls ofwisdom'. I did feel like I had been giving good advice, advice that I gave to 1000's of mothers over 20 yearsof Service to the United States of America. I had a person tell me my methods were bad and she contradictedme something fiece. My method was cheap and worked.You

have brought to the front line the need to be kind, andto work together as a team. When I asked the person whoposted saying I was wrong and that they would 'never' do or follow advice like mine, I felt wounded. I have letters behind my name, but I have also retired. The letters I now use are HB, human being. Anwway, when I asked the personposting what university she came from I was branded as beingrude. When some one differs from my line of thought I always start with basics and finding out where this person is comingfrom. Thanks again for your post. I do think the orginal poster, a mother with a constipated 6 moson, would have been better to have asked a group the questionon a new mothers group, or perhaps a breast feeding group. Ido not belong to any of those groups as I have retired. My interestis now in basic back to the land movement and simple farming.

I have a small farm in the Philippines. Our island has been rocked by 14 earthquakes over the last 5 days, also rocked with over 800aftershocks. Trust me, I have other things to worry about. Luckly,we had small earthquakes and we had almost no damage. You post is an eye opener for all of us. I will skip my initials and just sign of with the initials mama gave me.Blessing to you and all,JJBoac, Marinduque, RPHome of the epicenter of 14 earthquakes....and lots of aftershocksAlena Guggemos <alena.mariegmail> wrote: Just my opinion, or "feeling", but the only problem I had with this thread is how many people have been snapping at each other back and forth. I'm guessing that this is because this is a topic

about which people are quite passionate. Everyone is entitled to have their own opinions and I don't think it's fair to attack someone for expressing what is theirs... I only just recently joined this group and was very excited to do so because I thought it would be an excellent opportunity to learn about something that interests me, and also to perhaps contribute something to the community as well. I'd like to think that I could present a question or voice an opinion, as long as it harmed no-one, without being made to feel bad or shy. Let's be kind, and welcoming. On 10/26/06, Cline <karen.clinegmail> wrote: I opened this one

by accident... but I have to agree that we have choices in what we read and what we don't. While I'm not interested in breastfeeding discussions (I'm decades past that stage of life), I have just been deleting and moving on. So far, I've deleted 43 in this thread.... and as soon as I hit send, I'll delete this one, too! LOL On 10/26/06, Sharon son <skericsongmail > wrote: Ina,If you have a problem about baby poop and breast feeding, learn to delete. And if mother's milk isn't the ultimate "raw milk" for a baby, what is? There couldn't be a better place to ask questions.

Get some counseling for your "feelings" because they're screwed up. Sharon I don't mean to be rude but I thought this was a raw dairy list. Somehow breast feeding and baby poop does not come to mind as being part of raw dairy. There must be other lists for new mothers....Sorry can't help but feel this way....Ina . --

in OklahomaConcharty English Shepherds http://www.concharty.comInterested in working from home?http://karencline.thewhycircle.com/ What is the internet to you?Contribute to the Yahoo! Time Capsule and be a part of internet history. ~To Your Success And Mine~ Candace Independent Representative ONE Group Manager www.Genuineorganics.mionegroup.com

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

I think breastfeeding and baby poop is VERY related to raw milk. Most

people that want to buy raw milk are doing so BECAUSE of the increased

health benefits, not wanting to use formula if they can't breastfeed or

because their baby (or themself) is lactose intolerant. I can't see how

you can't see this connection.

> I don't mean to be rude but I thought this was a raw

dairy list. Somehow breast feeding and baby poop does not come to mind

as being part of raw dairy. There must be other lists for new

mothers....Sorry can't help but feel this way....Ina

Guest guest

Candace and all:You were not offensive in any way. You had a sick son and you wereasking how to treat him. It is much like a mother asking if she shouldhave her son circumcised. I told the mothers ''no'' and removed the formsfrom the packet that was given to the parents when mama came to thehospital to deliver. Other providers felt it was the thing to do. I felt it wasnot in the best interest of the child. But that would be a whole new andreally off topic post. Please do not worry about the controversy as if i can not take the heat, I need to stay our of the kitchen, even ifI have initials after your name. I believe if you try the karo a time ortwo, things will be fine. But that is my opinion and others have their own methods and opinions. Sometimes I wish that children came withinstruction manuals. I treat and treated a lot of Filipino Children.

Herefolks make less that a dollar a day. I joined the group to gain ideas about making cheese and other raw dairy items. The group has beengood for me, even though I seldom post. I have learned a great deal.I used to have several Toggs and Lamanchas. The pediatric clinicnurse at one clinic would forward my name to a families where there weremilk intolerance problems. When I sold my goats, before I moved to another duty station, I lined up many families with other goat owners.The goat milk was much better tolerated by children than cows milk.But we all know that anyway. I sold the milk and probably should nothave done so, but the parents bought the goat and then I just milked thegoat and gave them the milk. My profit was the cheese that I got from unused milk. Great cheese overall, espically at the end. Some cheeseat the start was horrible. Candace, I am sure you

have gotten, and willcontinue to get, a great deal of advice on raising your young man. Perhapshe will be a great statesman or an engineer. He may be a great father, anda wonderful husband in the future. Soon you will look back at this time oftrial with a smile... cherish the moment as it will be gone all too soon.Life is a learning experience. You have nothing to be sorry about....you are raising the blessing one of Gods creations. Pray for wisdom and good advice. How is the father responding to all of this advice?JJBoac, Marinduquecandace brosemann wrote: Well I see that i have caused too much controversy for one week so i will not be posting on here anymore. If you would like to talk with me you can email me offline. I have made some nice friends that i feel i can email offline about my questions...since i didnt mean to post my topics in this group anyway i meant to post them to the WAPB group. Just so everyone knows i thought the prune juice worked but all it did was make his eczema break out severely and he still hasnt pooped very much. So im going to do what sally fallon has to say and give him the anise and mint tea and if that doesnt work then i dont know i might have to resort to karo syrup a few times until i can get my milk up. I do not want him getting a fissure because of this. So thanks for everyones support but i will not be posting again. Sorry to have offended so many

people trying to discuss issues with other mothers who i thought would offer good advice candacesamanka farm <samanka_farm.ph> wrote: Alena,Thank you for your warm, thoughtful and direct post. Itseems to me to be very timely. I am reminded of the saying 'out of the mouth of babes come the pearls ofwisdom'. I did feel like I had been giving good advice, advice that I gave to 1000's of mothers over 20 yearsof Service to the United States of America. I had a person tell me my methods were bad and she contradictedme something fiece. My method was cheap and worked.You have brought to the front line the need to be kind, andto work together as a team. When I asked the person whoposted saying I was wrong and

that they would 'never' do or follow advice like mine, I felt wounded. I have letters behind my name, but I have also retired. The letters I now use are HB, human being. Anwway, when I asked the personposting what university she came from I was branded as beingrude. When some one differs from my line of thought I always start with basics and finding out where this person is comingfrom. Thanks again for your post. I do think the orginal poster, a mother with a constipated 6 moson, would have been better to have asked a group the questionon a new mothers group, or perhaps a breast feeding group. Ido not belong to any of those groups as I have retired. My interestis now in basic back to the land movement and simple farming. I have a small farm in the Philippines. Our island has been rocked by 14 earthquakes over the last 5 days, also rocked with over

800aftershocks. Trust me, I have other things to worry about. Luckly,we had small earthquakes and we had almost no damage. You post is an eye opener for all of us. I will skip my initials and just sign of with the initials mama gave me.Blessing to you and all,JJBoac, Marinduque, RPHome of the epicenter of 14 earthquakes....and lots of aftershocksAlena Guggemos <alena.mariegmail> wrote: Just my opinion, or "feeling", but the only problem I had with this thread is how many people have been snapping at each other back and forth. I'm guessing that this is because this is a topic about which people are quite passionate. Everyone is entitled to have their own opinions and I don't think it's fair to

attack someone for expressing what is theirs... I only just recently joined this group and was very excited to do so because I thought it would be an excellent opportunity to learn about something that interests me, and also to perhaps contribute something to the community as well. I'd like to think that I could present a question or voice an opinion, as long as it harmed no-one, without being made to feel bad or shy. Let's be kind, and welcoming. On 10/26/06, Cline <karen.clinegmail> wrote: I opened this one by accident... but I have to agree that we have choices in what we read and what we don't. While I'm not interested in

breastfeeding discussions (I'm decades past that stage of life), I have just been deleting and moving on. So far, I've deleted 43 in this thread.... and as soon as I hit send, I'll delete this one, too! LOL On 10/26/06, Sharon son <skericsongmail > wrote: Ina,If you have a problem about baby poop and breast feeding, learn to delete. And if mother's milk isn't the ultimate "raw milk" for a baby, what is? There couldn't be a better place to ask questions. Get some counseling for your "feelings" because they're screwed up. Sharon I don't mean to be rude but I thought this was a raw dairy list. Somehow breast feeding and baby poop does not come to mind as being part of raw dairy. There must be other lists for new mothers....Sorry can't help but feel this way....Ina . -- in OklahomaConcharty English Shepherds http://www.concharty.comInterested in working from home?http://karencline.thewhycircle.com/ What is the internet to you?Contribute to the Yahoo! Time Capsule and be a part of internet history. ~To Your Success And Mine~ Candace Independent Representative ONE Group Manager www.Genuineorganics.mionegroup.com How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! MessengerÂ’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

What will the world find in 2020? Leave a part of your 2006 in the Yahoo! Time Capsule. Contribute now!

Guest guest

Oh Candace- This list is notoriously catty and back biting. This list is also a great resource for info if you can weed about that majority of high and mighty stuff. Really...its a great place to hang out and learn a LOT!

Amelia,MT

Guest guest

Hello Fellow Groupo Guests:Notice I did not as members, members indicated rights, guests seem to be more informal.I in no way met to put down in asking whereher degree was from. As a holder of many advanceddegrees, I am probably no smarter than she was. Myown father, a graduate of just the 10 grade, was far moreintelligent that I will ever me. Pa could through problemsthat I over looked often. Pa always seemed to have answersto questions I had not even formulated.I am sure is well intended. I believe this threadhas caused some hard feelings. I am sweeping my sideof the street of misunderstanding with this post. I believewe need to all work together and provide options and notcut others ideas and suggestions down. For the mis-understandings I am most sorry. I stand by with ready and able suggestion and hope in the future the

suggestions I make will be welcomed inthe spirit of just that, ''lending a helping'' as I have donefor over 30 years. We now reside at least part of the year in the PhilippineIslands. The reason this thread is so close to my heartis that after or daughter died, following about 5 GI operations,we adopted a boy. A post I made to a wise women, a Ms., reminded me of that experience. My son had been eating cardboard soup for about three month. We got him at 8 months of age, and at just 8 pounds. The boy's fatherhad died of a heart attack before he was born. His birth mother was a laundry women and had nothing to feed her two sons. She boiled cardboard and fed them both the cardboard. She gave our son up for adoption. We brought him home. The birth mother assisted us with the adoption, and we went throught one problem after another. We

finally brought our son to America with us at 15 months of age. He was slow at first. We fed him Isomil and prosoby as our milk had dried up because of the stress of loosing our daughter. We treated our son for pneumonia that first month. We thewatched him for over two months. He would eat and the stoolwould shoot through him like poop through a goose. He gainedfrom 8 to 16 pounds in that first month. When he was born hewas about 6 pounds, and at 8 months he was barely 8 pounds.We watched, helpless as other staff members examined our son.We wathched as he was injected with IV and antibodics, and as hekept eating and the stools, like water, kept coming out. Eventuallyhe got to where he had more solid stools. He started to walk andgo through the mildstones other children much younger than he, hadalready gone through. His very large stomach, started to flatten

out.He gained muscle and we had to replace his shirts twice that first month. Our maid, our niece and an RN in the islands of paradise, andlater his God Mother, watched him constantly. She reported every development to both of us. We smiled at the sucess and delt withthe tragity. My son went on Goat milk when we changed duty stationed. Wealso sold milk to fellow service people who had children with digestive problems. Our son can still remember me milking thegoats in the early morning and late evening. We had togs andlamanches. He preferred the lamancha milk and had his owngoat... just special for him. Other parents bought a goat andwe made cheese from the raw milk. We also made yogartand keifer. We fed the excess milk to the pigs, as well as theway from the cheese. We were blessed with chickens too.My son finally adopted his own chicken as

ate eggs aftera year or so of age. We never fed him babyfood. We did use a foley food mill and a happy meal. We fed him from our table and he relished the blessings that we were able toprovide for our children... espically our little adopted FilipinoBoy. That little brown tiger has grown into quite a man now.In school he was a little shorter than his peers but he was alwaysthe muscular one... you would never know that in his early yearshis mom and dad were wondering if they would be doing anotherfuneral in the family. I am reminded that a man who is bit by thesnake will always be afraid of the rope. I have posted to Candace that I wish her the best with herson. I believe she will look back on these memories witha smile and that she will all too soon she her son up and gone.I have advised her to cherish her time with him now. I still standby my

advise. Advise is something almost everyone has, justlike noses. Mrs. was right, lets move on.Regards and best wishes to all.JJPhilippinesBoac Marinduque, epicenter of 14 earthquakes and over 800 aftershocks in the last 5 days.candace brosemann wrote: Hi Everyone, I am sorry if my question has caused so much controversy i never meant to do that. I really am grateful for all your help everyone. We all have a difference of opinions and i am

thankful for views. I have chosen to give him a small amount of prune juice because hes in so much pain i cant stand to see him like that. Now i know it might not be the best option but its the most natural and fast acting thing that i know of. He went to the bathroom yesterday without severe pain so i think it helped. He didnt go very much but at least he wasnt screaming and his poops werent too big for him to get out. I am also going to try to get my supply back up so i wont have to deal with this problem anymore. I will keep everyone updated. Thank you so much. Also if anyone has any really good info on the benefits of raw milk my brother is reading all the propaganda and doesnt believe me so im sending him the power point from sally but thats all i could find. thanks candacesamanka farm <samanka_farm.ph> wrote: Group Guests:I am not trying to be rude or crude...I am asking a question.... am I not entitled to ask her background after she tried to imply thatmy methods would not work and would beharmful if tried when they worked for thousandsof babies over a 22 1/3 year period when I proudlyserved my native country, the United States of America.Since my tried and true ideas were cut down I thoughtI would inquire as to where she was coming from.I met no harm then and I mean no harm now.I have raised three children plus two nephews andassisted with the birth and raising or seven other nieces and nephews.JJNow in the PhilippinesCharity <CharityFamilyFarms> wrote: I agree. has given me

more useful information about breastfeeding than any of the doctors and nurses ever did. It was an incredibly rude comment to imply that she doesn't know what she is talking about because of a lack of initials after her name!>> Actually I don't need a degree to help people breastfeed. > > > > ,> What university is your Doctorate from?> I am sure you learned well with 5 children.> JJ> Philippines> What is the internet to you?Contribute to the Yahoo! Time Capsule and be a part of internet history. ~To Your Success And Mine~ Candace Independent Representative ONE Group Manager www.Genuineorganics.mionegroup.com Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

What will the world find in 2020? Leave a part of your 2006 in the Yahoo! Time Capsule. Contribute now!

Guest guest

Ha Ha

that is a funny one organic high fructose corn syrup.

Re: Re: Help 5

month old son is severly constipated!!

Well thank you for clearing that up. Do you know if

they make an organc karo? If i have to resort to that i want to use organic if

possible. Thank you

candace

Guest guest

JJ I

think we are really all tired of hearing about your background how you were in the

military and how many degrees you have. You really never told us what you

ACTUALLY did helping people were you a nurse a Dr. or what? My husband is in the

military as an officer for 19 years with 12 more to go. I really see no need to

go on an on about stuff know one really wants to hear about. I’m just done

listening to your BS!

Hello Fellow Groupo Guests:

Notice I did not as members, members indicated rights,

guests seem to be more informal.

I in no way met to put down in asking where

her degree was from. As a holder of many advanced

degrees, I am probably no smarter than she was. My

own father, a graduate of just the 10 grade, was far more

intelligent that I will ever me. Pa could through problems

that I over looked often. Pa always seemed to have answers

to questions I had not even formulated.

I am sure is well intended. I believe this thread

has caused some hard feelings. I am sweeping my side

of the street of misunderstanding with this post. I believe

we need to all work together and provide options and not

cut others ideas and suggestions down. For the mis-

understandings I am most sorry.

I stand by with ready and able suggestion and hope in

the future the suggestions I make will be welcomed in

the spirit of just that, ''lending a helping'' as I have done

for over 30 years.

We now reside at least part of the year in the Philippine

Islands. The reason this thread is so close to my heart

is that after or daughter died, following about 5 GI operations,

we adopted a boy. A post I made to a wise women, a Ms.

, reminded me of that experience. My son had been

eating cardboard soup for about three month. We got him

at 8 months of age, and at just 8 pounds. The boy's father

had died of a heart attack before he was born. His birth

mother was a laundry women and had nothing to feed her

two sons. She boiled cardboard and fed them both the

cardboard. She gave our son up for adoption. We brought

him home. The birth mother assisted us with the adoption, and

we went throught one problem after another. We finally brought

our son to America with us at 15 months of age. He was slow

at first. We fed him Isomil and prosoby as our milk had

dried up because of the stress of loosing our daughter.

We treated our son for pneumonia that first month. We the

watched him for over two months. He would eat and the stool

would shoot through him like poop through a goose. He gained

from 8 to 16 pounds in that first month. When he was born he

was about 6 pounds, and at 8 months he was barely 8 pounds.

We watched, helpless as other staff members examined our son.

We wathched as he was injected with IV and antibodics, and as he

kept eating and the stools, like water, kept coming out. Eventually

he got to where he had more solid stools. He started to walk and

go through the mildstones other children much younger than he, had

already gone through. His very large stomach, started to flatten out.

He gained muscle and we had to replace his shirts twice that first

month. Our maid, our niece and an RN in the islands of paradise, and

later his God Mother, watched him constantly. She reported every

development to both of us. We smiled at the sucess and delt with

the tragity.

My son went on Goat milk when we changed duty stationed. We

also sold milk to fellow service people who had children with

digestive problems. Our son can still remember me milking the

goats in the early morning and late evening. We had togs and

lamanches. He preferred the lamancha milk and had his own

goat... just special for him. Other parents bought a goat and

we made cheese from the raw milk. We also made yogart

and keifer. We fed the excess milk to the pigs, as well as the

way from the cheese. We were blessed with chickens too.

My son finally adopted his own chicken as ate eggs after

a year or so of age. We never fed him babyfood. We did

use a foley food mill and a happy meal. We fed him from

our table and he relished the blessings that we were able to

provide for our children... espically our little adopted Filipino

Boy. That little brown tiger has grown into quite a man now.

In school he was a little shorter than his peers but he was always

the muscular one... you would never know that in his early years

his mom and dad were wondering if they would be doing another

funeral in the family. I am reminded that a man who is bit by the

snake will always be afraid of the rope.

I have posted to Candace that I wish her the best with her

son. I believe she will look back on these memories with

a smile and that she will all too soon she her son up and gone.

I have advised her to cherish her time with him now. I still stand

by my advise. Advise is something almost everyone has, just

like noses. Mrs. was right, lets move on.

Regards and best wishes to all.

JJ

Philippines

Boac Marinduque, epicenter of 14 earthquakes and over 800

aftershocks in the last 5 days.

candace brosemann

<candycayne19> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry if my question has caused so much

controversy i never meant to do that. I really am grateful for all your help

everyone. We all have a difference of opinions and i am thankful for views. I

have chosen to give him a small amount of prune juice because hes in so much

pain i cant stand to see him like that. Now i know it might not be the best

option but its the most natural and fast acting thing that i know of. He went

to the bathroom yesterday without severe pain so i think it helped. He didnt go

very much but at least he wasnt screaming and his poops werent too big for him

to get out. I am also going to try to get my supply back up so i wont have to

deal with this problem anymore. I will keep everyone updated. Thank you so

much. Also if anyone has any really good info on the benefits of raw

milk my brother is reading all the propaganda and doesnt believe me so im

sending him the power point from sally but thats all i could find. thanks

candace

samanka farm

<samanka_farm.ph> wrote:

Group Guests:

I am not trying to be rude or crude...

I am asking a question.... am I not entitled to

ask her background after she tried to imply that

my methods would not work and would be

harmful if tried when they worked for thousands

of babies over a 22 1/3 year period when I proudly

served my native country, the United States of America.

Since my tried and true ideas were cut down I thought

I would inquire as to where she was coming from.

I met no harm then and I mean no harm now.

I have raised three children plus two nephews and

assisted with the birth and raising or seven other

nieces and nephews.

JJ

Now in the Philippines

Charity

<CharityFamilyFarms> wrote:

I

agree. has given me more useful information about

breastfeeding than any of the doctors and nurses ever did. It was an

incredibly rude comment to imply that she doesn't know what she is

talking about because of a lack of initials after her name!

>

> Actually I don't need a degree to help people breastfeed.

>

>

>

> ,

> What university is your Doctorate from?

> I am sure you learned well with 5 children.

> JJ

> Philippines

>

What is the internet to you?

Contribute to the Yahoo!

Time Capsule and be a part of internet history.

~To Your Success And Mine~

Candace

Independent Representative

ONE Group Manager

www.Genuineorganics.mionegroup.com

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make

PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

What will the world find in 2020?

Leave a part of your 2006 in the Yahoo! Time Capsule. Contribute

now!

Guest guest

:You do not give up do you. I have cleaned up my side of thestreet of misunderstanding. You do not seem to quit in youjabs at my proven way of treating children. Having raised three,plus having about 14 nieces and nephews staying with me asthe family got settled from the Philippines to the USA and treatingthousands of child in the military, I know the advise I freely give istried and true. My advice works and has worked for over 35 years.Please understand that I take the remarks that you peddle personallyat this point.JJ wrote: Ha Ha that is a funny one organic high fructose corn syrup. -----Original

Message----- From: RawDairy [mailto:RawDairy ] On Behalf Of candace brosemann Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 8:51 PM To: RawDairy Subject: Re: Re: Help 5 month old son is severly constipated!! Well thank you for clearing that up. Do you know if they make an organc karo? If i have to resort to that i want to use organic if possible. Thank

you candace

What is the internet to you? Contribute to the Yahoo! Time Capsule and be a part of internet history.

Guest guest

You seem to be a narrow minded individual who wants it their way or it is the highway. Fine, you present your information and I will do the same. I have not shot your information down, but you can not make a like claim. I have met many like minded people in my time in the military. I did my time and get my pension. I get the pension for honorable service to my country. I wish you and your officer husband the same outcome. I have been retiredalmost as long as you folks have been on active duty. I was a very successfulbusinessman after getting out of the military. I ran a large business that became the largest in our industry in the City of Houston. I know what works and was is, as you term it, BS! I know that hard work, a warm smile and a prayer work.They work every time. I will keep you and your active duty husband in my prayer and ask my prayer family to do the

sameWarmly,Rev. Dr. JJ ClairDirector Samanka Farm Morning Sun MissionSantol, Boac, Marinduque, Philippine Islands, 4900The home and epicenter of 14 of the last 16 earthquakesto strike the islands of paradisePS, by the way who is this "we" you claim to be part of?JJ wrote: JJ I think we are really all tired of hearing about your background how you were in the military and how many degrees you have. You really never told us what you ACTUALLY did helping people were you a nurse a Dr. or what? My husband is in the military as an officer for 19 years with 12 more to go. I really see no need to go on an on about stuff know one really wants to hear about. I’m just done listening to your BS! Hello Fellow Groupo Guests: Notice I did not as members, members indicated

rights, guests seem to be more informal. I in no way met to put down in asking where her degree was from. As a holder of many advanced degrees, I am probably no smarter than she was. My own father, a graduate of just the 10 grade, was far more intelligent that I will ever me. Pa could through problems that I over looked often. Pa always seemed to have answers to questions I had not even formulated. I am sure is well intended. I believe this thread has caused some hard feelings. I am sweeping my side of the street of misunderstanding with this post. I believe we need to all work together and provide options and not cut others ideas and suggestions down. For the mis- understandings I am most sorry. I stand by with ready and able suggestion and hope in the future the suggestions I make will be welcomed in the spirit of

just that, ''lending a helping'' as I have done for over 30 years. We now reside at least part of the year in the Philippine Islands. The reason this thread is so close to my heart is that after or daughter died, following about 5 GI operations, we adopted a boy. A post I made to a wise women, a Ms. , reminded me of that experience. My son had been eating cardboard soup for about three month. We got him at 8 months of age, and at just 8 pounds. The boy's father had died of a heart attack before he was born. His birth mother was a laundry women and had nothing to feed her two sons. She boiled cardboard and fed them both the cardboard. She gave our son up for adoption. We brought him home. The birth mother assisted us with the adoption, and we went throught one problem after another. We finally brought our son to America with

us at 15 months of age. He was slow at first. We fed him Isomil and prosoby as our milk had dried up because of the stress of loosing our daughter. We treated our son for pneumonia that first month. We the watched him for over two months. He would eat and the stool would shoot through him like poop through a goose. He gained from 8 to 16 pounds in that first month. When he was born he was about 6 pounds, and at 8 months he was barely 8 pounds. We watched, helpless as other staff members examined our son. We wathched as he was injected with IV and antibodics, and as he kept eating and the stools, like water, kept coming out. Eventually he got to where he had more solid stools. He started to walk and go through the mildstones other children much younger than he, had already gone through. His very large stomach, started to flatten out. He gained muscle and we

had to replace his shirts twice that first month. Our maid, our niece and an RN in the islands of paradise, and later his God Mother, watched him constantly. She reported every development to both of us. We smiled at the sucess and delt with the tragity. My son went on Goat milk when we changed duty stationed. We also sold milk to fellow service people who had children with digestive problems. Our son can still remember me milking the goats in the early morning and late evening. We had togs and lamanches. He preferred the lamancha milk and had his own goat... just special for him. Other parents bought a goat and we made cheese from the raw milk. We also made yogart and keifer. We fed the excess milk to the pigs, as well as the way from the cheese. We were blessed with chickens too. My son finally adopted his own chicken as ate eggs after a

year or so of age. We never fed him babyfood. We did use a foley food mill and a happy meal. We fed him from our table and he relished the blessings that we were able to provide for our children... espically our little adopted Filipino Boy. That little brown tiger has grown into quite a man now. In school he was a little shorter than his peers but he was always the muscular one... you would never know that in his early years his mom and dad were wondering if they would be doing another funeral in the family. I am reminded that a man who is bit by the snake will always be afraid of the rope. I have posted to Candace that I wish her the best with her son. I believe she will look back on these memories with a smile and that she will all too soon she her son up and gone. I have advised her to cherish her time with him now. I still stand by my advise.

Advise is something almost everyone has, just like noses. Mrs. was right, lets move on. Regards and best wishes to all. JJ Philippines Boac Marinduque, epicenter of 14 earthquakes and over 800 aftershocks in the last 5 days. candace brosemann <candycayne19> wrote: Hi Everyone, I am sorry if my question has caused so much controversy i never meant to do that. I really am grateful for all your help everyone. We all have a difference of opinions and i am thankful for views. I have chosen to

give him a small amount of prune juice because hes in so much pain i cant stand to see him like that. Now i know it might not be the best option but its the most natural and fast acting thing that i know of. He went to the bathroom yesterday without severe pain so i think it helped. He didnt go very much but at least he wasnt screaming and his poops werent too big for him to get out. I am also going to try to get my supply back up so i wont have to deal with this problem anymore. I will keep everyone updated. Thank you so much. Also if anyone has any really good info on the benefits of raw milk my brother is reading all the propaganda and doesnt believe me so im sending him the power point from sally but thats all i could find. thanks candace samanka farm

<samanka_farm.ph> wrote: Group Guests: I am not trying to be rude or crude... I am asking a question.... am I not entitled to ask her background after she tried to imply that my methods would not work and would be harmful if tried when they worked for thousands of babies over a 22 1/3 year period when I proudly served my native country, the United States of America. Since my tried and true ideas were cut down I thought I would inquire as to where she was coming from. I met no harm then and I mean no harm now. I have raised three children plus two nephews and assisted with the birth and raising or seven other nieces and nephews. JJ

Now in the Philippines Charity <CharityFamilyFarms> wrote: I agree. has given me more useful information about breastfeeding than any of the doctors and nurses ever did. It was an incredibly rude comment to imply that she doesn't know what she is talking about because of a lack of initials after her name! > > Actually I don't need a degree to help people breastfeed. > > > > , > What university is your Doctorate from? > I am sure you learned well with 5

children. > JJ > Philippines > What is the internet to you? Contribute to the Yahoo! Time Capsule and be a part of internet history. ~To Your Success And Mine~ Candace Independent Representative ONE Group Manager www.Genuineorganics.mionegroup.com Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less. What will the world find in 2020? Leave a part of your 2006 in the Yahoo! Time Capsule. Contribute now!

What is the internet to you? Contribute to the Yahoo! Time Capsule and be a part of internet history.

Guest guest

By the way, what is your degree in?JJ wrote: JJ I think we are really all tired of hearing about your background how you were in the military and how many degrees you have. You really never told us what you ACTUALLY did helping people were you a nurse a Dr. or what? My husband is in the military as an officer

for 19 years with 12 more to go. I really see no need to go on an on about stuff know one really wants to hear about. I’m just done listening to your BS! Hello Fellow Groupo Guests: Notice I did not as members, members indicated rights, guests seem to be more informal. I in no way met to put down in asking where her degree was from. As a holder of many advanced degrees, I am probably no smarter than she was. My own father, a graduate of just

the 10 grade, was far more intelligent that I will ever me. Pa could through problems that I over looked often. Pa always seemed to have answers to questions I had not even formulated. I am sure is well intended. I believe this thread has caused some hard feelings. I am sweeping my side of the street of misunderstanding with this post. I believe we need to all work together and provide options and not cut others ideas and suggestions down. For the mis- understandings I am most sorry. I stand by with ready and able suggestion and hope in the future the suggestions I make will be welcomed in the spirit of just that, ''lending a helping'' as I have done for over 30 years. We now reside at least part of the year in the Philippine Islands. The reason this thread is so close to my heart is that after or daughter died, following about 5 GI

operations, we adopted a boy. A post I made to a wise women, a Ms. , reminded me of that experience. My son had been eating cardboard soup for about three month. We got him at 8 months of age, and at just 8 pounds. The boy's father had died of a heart attack before he was born. His birth mother was a laundry women and had nothing to feed her two sons. She boiled cardboard and fed them both the cardboard. She gave our son up for adoption. We brought him home. The birth mother assisted us with the adoption, and we went throught one problem after another. We finally brought our son to America with us at 15 months of age. He was slow at first. We fed him Isomil and prosoby as our milk had dried up because of the stress of loosing our daughter. We treated our son for pneumonia that first month. We the watched him

for over two months. He would eat and the stool would shoot through him like poop through a goose. He gained from 8 to 16 pounds in that first month. When he was born he was about 6 pounds, and at 8 months he was barely 8 pounds. We watched, helpless as other staff members examined our son. We wathched as he was injected with IV and antibodics, and as he kept eating and the stools, like water, kept coming out. Eventually he got to where he had more solid stools. He started to walk and go through the mildstones other children much younger than he, had already gone through. His very large stomach, started to flatten out. He gained muscle and we had to replace his shirts twice that first month. Our maid, our niece and an RN in the islands of paradise, and later his God Mother, watched him constantly. She reported every development to both of us. We smiled at the sucess

and delt with the tragity. My son went on Goat milk when we changed duty stationed. We also sold milk to fellow service people who had children with digestive problems. Our son can still remember me milking the goats in the early morning and late evening. We had togs and lamanches. He preferred the lamancha milk and had his own goat... just special for him. Other parents bought a goat and we made cheese from the raw milk. We also made yogart and keifer. We fed the excess milk to the pigs, as well as the way from the cheese. We were blessed with chickens too. My son finally adopted his own chicken as ate eggs after a year or so of age. We never fed him babyfood. We did use a foley food mill and a happy meal. We fed him from our table and he relished the blessings that we were able to provide for our children... espically our little

adopted Filipino Boy. That little brown tiger has grown into quite a man now. In school he was a little shorter than his peers but he was always the muscular one... you would never know that in his early years his mom and dad were wondering if they would be doing another funeral in the family. I am reminded that a man who is bit by the snake will always be afraid of the rope. I have posted to Candace that I wish her the best with her son. I believe she will look back on these memories with a smile and that she will all too soon she her son up and gone. I have advised her to cherish her time with him now. I still stand by my advise. Advise is something almost everyone has, just like noses. Mrs. was right, lets move on. Regards and best wishes to all. JJ Philippines Boac Marinduque, epicenter of 14 earthquakes and over 800 aftershocks in the last 5

days. candace brosemann <candycayne19> wrote: Hi Everyone, I am sorry if my question has caused so much controversy i never meant to do that. I really am grateful for all your help everyone. We all have a difference of opinions and i am thankful for views. I have chosen to give him a small amount of prune juice because hes in so much pain i cant stand to see him like that. Now i know it might not be the best option but its the most natural and fast acting thing that i know of. He went to the bathroom yesterday without severe

pain so i think it helped. He didnt go very much but at least he wasnt screaming and his poops werent too big for him to get out. I am also going to try to get my supply back up so i wont have to deal with this problem anymore. I will keep everyone updated. Thank you so much. Also if anyone has any really good info on the benefits of raw milk my brother is reading all the propaganda and doesnt believe me so im sending him the power point from sally but thats all i could find. thanks candace samanka farm <samanka_farm.ph> wrote: Group Guests: I am not trying to be rude or crude... I am asking a question.... am I not entitled to ask her background after she tried to imply that my methods would not work and would be harmful if tried when they worked for thousands of babies over a 22 1/3 year period when I proudly served my native country, the United States of America. Since my tried and true ideas were cut down I thought I would inquire as to where she was coming from. I met no harm then and I mean no harm now. I have raised three children plus two nephews and assisted with the birth and raising or seven other nieces and nephews. JJ Now in the Philippines Charity <CharityFamilyFarms> wrote: I agree. has given me more useful information about breastfeeding than any of the doctors and nurses ever did. It was an incredibly rude comment to imply that she doesn't know what she is talking about because of a lack of initials after her name! > > Actually I don't need a degree to help people breastfeed. > > > > , > What university is your Doctorate from? > I am sure you learned well with 5 children. > JJ > Philippines > What is the internet to you? Contribute to the Yahoo! Time Capsule and be a part of internet history. ~To Your Success And Mine~ Candace

Independent Representative ONE Group Manager www.Genuineorganics.mionegroup.com Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or

less. What will the world find in 2020? Leave a part of your 2006 in the Yahoo! Time Capsule. Contribute now!

Guest guest

Sally and all:Thank you for you warm note of appreciation. One thing wrong, I was Navy and not Army, but I was the one that did not make that clear, notyou. I do applaude the way you are trying to at least entertain older ideas. Feeding children has really changed since the days of Dr. Spock.I do not think that even Dr. Spock would have invisioned all the changes. sent me some rather hateful mail because I did have a differentview than her's. I think this site and list is about people presenting varioustypes of options. Mine is practical, cheap and used short term, there shouldbe no long term ill effects to baby or to mother. I sent an informal explanation to the group explaining where I was coming from. I still got hate mail fromLiz. I understand that raising 5 children does give some experience. But, we saw 80 or more kids a day, day in, and day out. None of our

children had a private physician, and we always passed our IG and JCAH accrediations.Our system was not perfect and it is not my intent to defend it, but neither is it my intent to offer advice, based on sound judgement and experience and to haveit shot down as something that was totally without merit. Look over some of the last posts and you and others may get a flavor of where I am coming from. When I get challenged it seems to be fine, but in challenging a person who seems to have a claim of raising 5 kids, I am called rude. My mother breastfed and raised SIX children. She would have no more wisdom of providing information based on those SIX children than many new mom's that have just a single or a pair to their credit. I don't mean to be abusive or ugly. But, I do not wish to have sound judgement put down as quack medicine either. I hope that in the future, on future posts, there will be a better flow of information

with less hostility. Here in the Philippines we have lots of RawDairy. I joined this group to learn how to use caraboo milk, (aka water buffalo), and how to use goats milk. I made and used a lot of cheese in California, having a small herd that produced from 24 to 8 pounds per animal. My son had his own goat, ashame he did not milk it day and night. My son had GI problems and I know what it is for a mother and parents in general to have problems with a childs diet. Five months is a bit early to start. My suggestion was to try something simple. I have learned that when you see balls of poop on the street to think horses and not zebras. Some folks want to start with the complicated. I have often wondered if bring a child to the clinic for treatment was the best thing for the child. You bring a child to the clinic for a WB exam and he catches something for another child being seen for an

illness. Because of that we instituted cluster clinics. Just well baby exams on T and Th, 8 to 10. We weighted the children, got their height and went from there. I hated giving the injections and explaining to mothers after OPV that the children could not eat for two hours was a real chore. Many had a bottle in the child's mother just minutes after the OPV drops.But that is life. I thank you , personally, for at least seeing that there are two side to a coin. Funny thing, you can only look at one side of the coin at a time. May others obtain the great wisdom and grace that you seem to possess. Thanks again for your kind post..JJMarinduque, Philippines110 miles for Manila, 30 miles by boat and 80 miles by land. Totaltraveling distance is 6 to 8 hours at best, 16 hours during a Typhoon.Recent home to 14 of the countries last 16 earthquakes and well over800

aftershocks... but the peaceful home to 220,000 poor but proudFilipinos and 10 or 12 Caucasians from Europe and North America. Alena Guggemos wrote: Hear, hear Sally! Thanks for that sound advice. Alena On 10/25/06, Sally Holdener <sholdenerverizon (DOT) net> wrote: I think everyone really needs to just calm down and look at this from the perspecitives of the other person. We are all adults here (AFAIK) and need to act like it. JJ - I commend you for all the wonderful work you did in the Army helping parents get their children get off to as healthy a start as you knew how to teach. Karo Syrup makes sense in the aspect that human milk IS much sweeter than cow or goat milk as it contains more lactose. For years artificial breastmilk was made form Carnation condensed milk and Karo Syrup. It was what the medical community recommended and the best people knew back then. And it solved the Acute problem of diarrhea quite well. What wasn't

understood then, and some researchers and nutritionists and organizations (like the WAPF) are learning, now, is that dextrose (sugar) like in corn syrup is NOT the same thing as the lactose in mother's milk. While it solved acute problems back then, it's quite possible it may have caused many Chronic problems later on in the life of those people that consumed it as babies. But this is not your fault, JJ! She is just sharing information from her many years of experience that she has seen work. And it just may still work, and used for a very short time it might not do any or much damage. Even in LLL they always told me that we do the best we can with what we know at the time. And it sounds like JJ did a LOT of good for a lot of babies while practicing in a very difficult situation. What

and those of us not liking corn syrup are concerned of are the possible long-term, chronic effects of these kinds of things in the diet, and that can start in infancy. I suggested to Candace that she try using the lactose that she still probably has from the NT formula ingredients, along with the Lifestart Lactobacillus Infantis. This would provide the sugar, but in the form of lactose rather than dextrose. Babies do need lactose for body functions, which is why there is enough in breast milk to make it pretty sweet tasting. This may be part of the reason, but it's just an idea I had, after thinking about the Karo Syrup. There was a reason and a purpose for what was done decades ago before more understanding of possible side effects of these things were realized. So, please, lets all just get along, and respect

each other for our different experiences, knowledge and perspectives. We can all learn a lot from each other. Sally Actually I don't need a degree to help people breastfeed. I have breastfed so far for a total of 6 yrs 3 kids and I have had two homebirths out of my 4 children and I trained under leaders from La Leche League for a year and a half and then was a leader in the field helping mothers

everyday calling my house and leading meetings and yes I made house calls for new moms for 5 yrs so that is my experience. Then I had to retire to homeschool my children. Most medical people have no idea about breastfeeding and nutrition and I don't take my children to Dr.s very often because of people like you. ,What university is your Doctorate from?I am sure you learned well with 5

children.JJPhilippines

Guest guest

Sorry, I was asked what my initials were!Rev. Dr. JJAlena Guggemos wrote: Hear, hear Sally! Thanks for that sound advice. Alena On 10/25/06, Sally Holdener <sholdenerverizon (DOT) net> wrote:

I think everyone really needs to just calm down and look at this from the perspecitives of the other person. We are all adults here (AFAIK) and need to act like it. JJ - I commend you for all the wonderful work you did in the Army helping parents get their children get off to as healthy a start as you knew how to teach. Karo Syrup makes sense in the aspect that human milk IS much sweeter than cow or goat milk as it contains more lactose. For years artificial breastmilk was made form Carnation condensed milk and Karo Syrup. It was what the medical community recommended and the best people knew back then. And it solved the Acute problem of diarrhea quite well. What wasn't understood then, and some researchers and nutritionists and organizations (like the WAPF) are learning, now,

is that dextrose (sugar) like in corn syrup is NOT the same thing as the lactose in mother's milk. While it solved acute problems back then, it's quite possible it may have caused many Chronic problems later on in the life of those people that consumed it as babies. But this is not your fault, JJ! She is just sharing information from her many years of experience that she has seen work. And it just may still work, and used for a very short time it might not do any or much damage. Even in LLL they always told me that we do the best we can with what we know at the time. And it sounds like JJ did a LOT of good for a lot of babies while practicing in a very difficult situation. What and those of us not liking corn syrup are concerned of are the possible long-term, chronic effects of

these kinds of things in the diet, and that can start in infancy. I suggested to Candace that she try using the lactose that she still probably has from the NT formula ingredients, along with the Lifestart Lactobacillus Infantis. This would provide the sugar, but in the form of lactose rather than dextrose. Babies do need lactose for body functions, which is why there is enough in breast milk to make it pretty sweet tasting. This may be part of the reason, but it's just an idea I had, after thinking about the Karo Syrup. There was a reason and a purpose for what was done decades ago before more understanding of possible side effects of these things were realized. So, please, lets all just get along, and respect each other for our different experiences, knowledge and perspectives. We can all learn a lot from

each other. Sally Actually I don't need a degree to help people breastfeed. I have breastfed so far for a total of 6 yrs 3 kids and I have had two homebirths out of my 4 children and I trained under leaders from La Leche League for a year and a half and then was a leader in the field helping mothers everyday calling my house and leading meetings and yes I made house calls for new moms for 5 yrs so that is my

experience. Then I had to retire to homeschool my children. Most medical people have no idea about breastfeeding and nutrition and I don't take my children to Dr.s very often because of people like you. ,What university is your Doctorate from?I am sure you learned well with 5 children.JJPhilippines

Guest guest

Sally, I responded earlier and now I would like to add something.Here in the Philippines almost all children are breastfed, at leastat the start. Liquid formulas are very expensive and most childrenthat are bottle fed are given powered formula in the local water. Thewater is boiled and the water goes where the children go. The powder is then put in the water when the child needs a bottle.Here breast feeding is done espically with the poor. We try to startthe children out as well as possible based on their ecomomic strataof society. Not all children here are born equal. The well off are bornin Hospitals but the poor, the majority of our island, are born at home.There is no such thing as milk for a child after they are weaned. The money to buy the milk is just not available in most cases. Soda, , yuck and water,

often not potable, are the liquids children are given. There is some fruit drinks, such as TANG, , double yuck yuck, that are given to children from time to time. This being a poor and tropical country, children love drinks, espically if they are chilled with ice, (again the ice is not always made from potable water). Now the point I would like to make is this:I find it hard for a lay person to make a flat statement that many, or most, health care providers and professionals do not know much about breast feeding. In the USA breat feeding seems to be very common. In the area where my office was, it was not uncommon to see women breast feeding infants and small children.Maybe that was just because of our high latino population in Houston, but none the less, I think there is a real effort among health

care workers to teach and support breast feeding. My SIL is an RN, working in L & D and post partum. She spends many hours in a work week teaching breast feeding, even after a C-section. Most medical professionals are now given long courses in basic nutrition. I see doctors at the Hospitals I worked at out running. One elderly Jewish Gentleman, twice retired, still jogs three to four miles a day. At well over 70 I envy him, I am quite a bit younger, and heavier than he is.Nutrition:This is a cultural ball game at best. Here in the islands, nutrition means eating three times a day. Often the children are fed, just enough for them to not feel hungry but they are not encouraged to clean their plates or othervise eat more than is necessary. Parents often eat last, if there is anything left. I was recently at the funeral of a child that died of malnutrition. I give that father raw vegetables quite

often, as I often have extra, beans, egg plant, squash, greens and herbs.Herbs are something that they do not know how to use. Why add something that will cause them to have food taste better as then more will be eaten? Here, drinking milk is VERY RARE. Most meals consist of boiled white rice and dried salted fish that is fried on a small bit of oil over a hot wood fire. Meals are the same, day in and day out. Those that are better off are adding some vegetables to the daily diet, but this is rare as the cost is high. Seeing salads is also rare.I often eat raw cabbage. Cold slaw some call it. I love the stuff and often add raw garlic, onion, carrots, and tomatoes. Here, the natives look at me as if I were crazy. Here, few eat uncooked cucumbers and other raw vegetables. Ocasionally I will see mango, raw tomatoes and an onion for salad, but this is VERY, VERY rare. Why white rice? The

natives like it polished. The poor rice often has more nutritive value than the highly polished that the better off buy.I have gotten off topic some, but I do not know anyone in my large circle of family, friend, aquaintances and such that drinks milk. Ice cream is a very rare treat, usually for birthdays. Now one here keeps a goat for milk. Most goats are kept for meat, but there are some decent milkers here, but the milk goes to the kids, [ie, goat kids], and not the two legged type. I have never seen a native milk a water buffalo either. Cheese is very easy to make, using only vinegar and milk and a basin for heating the milk and a cloth for straining the curds. When I showed local teachers how easy it was, they nearly fell over. The cheese is bland and we added salt on the next batch, but it was at the request of the natives not me. I add hot sauce, but I should have

been born Latino anyway...Please understand that no milk and rice and fish is the local and standardflare here for most tables. Cheese, the yucky processed stuff, , is occasionally put on pastry or used as decoration for a pasta dish. Pasta, even being cheap is rarely served, as the rice is cheaper and does not require sauce, as in tomato sauce. Now, one thing I can agree with Liz on is not taking children to the doctor unless the child is really sick. I have a friend that is an undertaker. He likes to joke, but I ofen feel that he is more serious than he lets on, that the ''quickest way to the grave yard is by the doctors office''. Client often tell him that Mr. was fine and then went for an annual physical.

The doctor did this and than and then after the operation he was never the same. The cure killed him, so to speak. Sure these are part of life...But saying that most health care professionals do not know as much as a person who works with the LL or another organization slaps many, many dedicated and hard working health care worker right between the eyes. Such remarks, in this day and age, are totally uncalled for. Home health is now on the upswing.... and I feel it is well worth the effort put into it. Patients love it when nurses come to the home for their treatments and followups. Please also understand that it is nurses that control the number of patients a particular health care facility can handle.... did you ever see a hospital say we do not have enough doctors. I have not. But I often hear we are short of NURSES. Nurses regulate the diameter of the health care pipeline. Most nurses I know, and

most doctors too, for that matter, are caring and compassionalte people. That is why they went into nursing or medicine in the first place.Thanks for reading and I look forward to a kinder and gentler thread soon.Rev. Dr. JJ Sally Holdener wrote: I think everyone really needs to just calm down and look at this from the perspecitives of the other person. We are all adults here (AFAIK) and need to act like it. JJ - I commend you for all the wonderful work you did in the Army helping parents get their children get off to as healthy a start as you knew how to teach. Karo Syrup makes sense in the aspect that human milk IS much sweeter than cow or goat milk as it contains more lactose. For years artificial breastmilk was made form Carnation condensed milk and Karo Syrup. It was what the medical community recommended and the best people knew back then. And it solved the Acute problem of diarrhea quite well. What wasn't understood then, and some researchers and nutritionists and organizations (like the WAPF) are learning, now, is that dextrose (sugar) like in corn syrup is NOT the same thing as the lactose in mother's milk. While it solved acute problems back then, it's quite possible it may have caused many Chronic problems later on in the life of those people that consumed it

as babies. But this is not your fault, JJ! She is just sharing information from her many years of experience that she has seen work. And it just may still work, and used for a very short time it might not do any or much damage. Even in LLL they always told me that we do the best we can with what we know at the time. And it sounds like JJ did a LOT of good for a lot of babies while practicing in a very difficult situation. What and those of us not liking corn syrup are concerned of are the possible long-term, chronic effects of these kinds of things in the diet, and that can start in infancy. I suggested to Candace that she try using the lactose that she still probably has from the NT formula ingredients, along with the Lifestart Lactobacillus

Infantis. This would provide the sugar, but in the form of lactose rather than dextrose. Babies do need lactose for body functions, which is why there is enough in breast milk to make it pretty sweet tasting. This may be part of the reason, but it's just an idea I had, after thinking about the Karo Syrup. There was a reason and a purpose for what was done decades ago before more understanding of possible side effects of these things were realized. So, please, lets all just get along, and respect each other for our different experiences, knowledge and perspectives. We can all learn a lot from each other. Sally Actually I donÂ’t need a degree to help people breastfeed. I have breastfed so far for a total of 6 yrs 3 kids and I have had two homebirths out of my 4 children and I trained under leaders from La Leche League for a year and a half and then was a leader in the field helping mothers everyday calling my house and leading meetings and yes I made house calls for new moms for 5 yrs so that is my experience. Then I had to retire to homeschool my children. Most medical people have no idea about breastfeeding and nutrition and I donÂ’t take my children to Dr.s very often because of

people like you. ,What university is your Doctorate from?I am sure you learned well with 5 children.JJPhilippines

Guest guest

LEARN TO TRIM YOUR POSTS!

And actually JJ, you did put down her information by your comment

asking what her degree is in. Which by the way, Rev. Dr. in front of

your name means that you have a PhD and NOT a medical degree. This is

a RAW MILK group - meaning that WE (THE WHOLE GROUP EXCEPT YOU)

already believe in the benefits of raw milk versus the crap we have

been fed (both information and food) over the years. All you seem to

be repeating is that same crap which is why you are being met with

resistence in this group. This includes many of the HORRIBLE things

our VERY BRAVE military (I'm the kid of 2 miltary members) has done

to themselves and their children in the name of science, progress or

sometimes just as a forced experiment. " preaching " about how

something that " worked " in the military for 22+ years DOES NOT mean

that it isn't still harmful in the long-run - just that it might have

worked in teh short-term. If your goal is to try to convince any of

us of the " evils of our ways " , then just delist yourself before the

moderator decides to do it for you. You like to know degrees in order

to believe anybody -- fine.

I am Charity (Reynolds) , JD - with my highest degree being a

Juris Doctor (Law Degree) from the Univ of Wisconsin (one of the

highest rated law schools in the country). And, I'm currently in a

Master's Program through Univ of WI for Sustainable community

Development with a specialization in Sustainable Agriculture.

See, it's annoying reading about other people's education. I have

taken in TONS of advice from this group and NEVER questioned their

education because there is more ways to learn other than college. If

I didn't believe them, I asked for more information and links to the

info (I ask for the links either way actually) and I read the

information for myself and then decide for myself if it was good

information. A degree DOES NOT make you more or less capable of

relaying information. So just stop it!

Actually I don't need a degree to help people breastfeed.

What university is your Doctorate from?

I am sure you learned well with 5 children.

JJ

Guest guest

The option I spoke of seems to have worked when tried.

Did you see the post regarding the young man having a

stool without having a great deal of difficutly.

A little more and that young man is good as new...

JJ

>

> Actually I don't need a degree to help people breastfeed.

>

>

> ,

> What university is your Doctorate from?

> I am sure you learned well with 5 children.

> JJ

>