RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Way to go Katy Texas!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The video at the link is cool too! http://www.39online.com/newsfix/kiah-class-acts-story,0,1951261.story Class Acts: A Katy Tiger displays true dedication and sportsmanship7:23 p.m. CDT, August 27, 2011Katy, TX— KATY, Texas - If you check out the bedroom of 15-year-old Trey Brandt, then you'll know what being a true Katy Tigers football fan is all about. " He rooted on our trainers from the front row for the last four or five years, so this is a dream that I can give back to him, " said Landers, the head athletics trainer at Katy High School, during football practice. Brandt was born with down syndrome, but that hasn't stopped the Katy freshman from becoming a part of the Tigers' athletics program. And you don't have to throw on the pads, like his brothers and did in recent years, to be a true Katy Tiger. " I like doing this because I can meet some new friends, and do good at my home work, " said Brandt. " I get all good grades on my report card. " It's all of the hard work off and on the field that makes Trey Brandt our Class Act of the week. " It's like really awesome that I'm doing this, " said Brandt sitting in the stands during Katy's football practice.Also awesome is how the freshman sensation got the gig. Former Astros manager Cecil wrote Brandt a letter of recommendation. " To get somebody as popular here to the Houston and Katy area as Cecil was when he was the coach for the Astros, just really showed me how bad he really wanted to do this, " said Landers with a big smile. " He gives us great energy, makes us laugh at practice and that's what we need here at Katy High School, " said Costilla, who's the head student athletic trainer. " Whatever job you give him, if he does not [know] how to do it, he'll ask how to do it, " said is Stiles, who also works with Brandt on Katy's athletic training staff. " He gets it done, and he's always so excited about learning new things. " " You want kids to be a part of it. You want kids to feel like they've done something to make them feel like that they are very special for this program, " said long-time Katy head football coach, ph.Brandt becoming a Class Act is certainly very special for coach, but how do you think Dad feels? To say he's proud is an understatement. " We talk about it all the time, you know, how fortunate we are to be in a community that gives so much back to people who have less opportunity, " said Brandt. Look for our Class Act during Katy High School football games. If you miss him on the sidelines or mingling with the Katy football faithful at halftime, he's probably having his pre-game meal for good luck. " I like to eat fried pickles at Hooters, " said Brandt with a smile. Peace,~Jules If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. ~Milton Friedman