RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Joan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, Everyone....Joan.....I would be interested BUT our Internet speed is sooooooooooooooo slow that it's a pain to try to download or listen to videos, music, etc.

Take care, Everyone.

Margaret

Mom to Gareth, 23 y/o, DS/ASD/OCD

Guest guest

I am gone offline 2 days and all hell seems to break loose!  Joan-YOU ARE the foundation of this family.  I have been here 8+ years and this is my lifeline to what sanity many of us have left.I have found over the years, that some people tend to get confused as to WHY this group was formed and HOW it has helped more than hurt.  You know me, the other one that tries to help everyone..but I have also learned some march to a different drummer and need to do what they need to do, elsewhere. 

Liz

Gotta tag a long.  JOAN - u r the heart and soul of this community.  There are many people who have no understanding of what u along with other oldtimers  wnet thru alone - with NO SUPPORT, before this lsit occurred.  U built this community.  We re-elect u mayor!!!!

Yea, ditto on Margaret's post from me!Joan, you have put up with SO MUCH on this listserv over the years and YOU DO NOT DESERVE this.    You MUST know how much we love you and are grateful for ALL you have done over the years, INCLUDING doing the impossible job of keeping peace among egos that won't be surrendered.   AND you have always done it in the name of our kids.

You know I love you Lady, and back you 1000% in whatever you do.   And when you do find someone you can hand this thankless job to, I'll be handing over mine of co-pilot as well.I do love you all, and those of you who care to have peaceful, loving, open and supportive conversations, you have my email.

Hugs,Donna, who is always on your side too, Joan!!

Hi, Everyone....Joan....I, personally, see absolutely no reason for you to apologize repeatedly. There are several people that I won't read their posts because I don't like their attitude/rudeness.  You're the list moderator and owner....trying to keep peace, civility,  and tranquility among 1000+ families.  I greatly appreciate that and respect you for it.  I wish I was computer suave enough to take over, but it's all I can do to email!!! I've been with you the past 13 years.....hard to believe!!!   Delete the last angry messages, get a good night's sleep, and start over another beautiful, God given day.  I'm on your side.

Take care, Everyone.

Margaret

-- Sara- different pathways lead to Nirvana.

-- Liz DeSantis " The person who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before. "

" Creativity in living is not without its attendant difficulties, for peculiarity breeds contempt. And the unfortunate thing about being ahead of your time is that when people finally realize you were right, they'll say it was obvious all along. " ---Temple Grandin

" Anyone

can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength. " - Reeves " Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can understand persistence. "   - Hal Borland

Guest guest

I also have been with this group a number of years, back when it was geocities, lol, even. Im with margaret, joan, I feel you have done a great job through the years, i will miss you! I too just stay a member and try to offer suggestions occasionally for the younger ones, but mostly I just skim or delete anymore, as often even a statement on what worked for us is disected and pooed by someone. There will always be disagreements when it comes to our kids , their health, care, education, life in general. Everybody needs to remember we all are different, with different backgrounds, upbringing, beliefs, etc, but our commonality is we all care for someone with down syndrome and autism. And while its great to support one another and offer suggestions or advice for what

has worked with our special someone, everyone please remember no one HAS to do what worked for one, it may be against what you believe to try, be unavailable or unfeasable and may not even work at all for that special someone, and they shouldnt be badgered for it either. BIG GROUP HUG!!! shawna

http://sewshawna.blogspot.com

To: Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 6:06 PMSubject: Joan

Hi, Everyone....Joan....I, personally, see absolutely no reason for you to apologize repeatedly. There are several people that I won't read their posts because I don't like their attitude/rudeness. You're the list moderator and owner....trying to keep peace, civility, and tranquility among 1000+ families. I greatly appreciate that and respect you for it. I wish I was computer suave enough to take over, but it's all I can do to email!!! I've been with you the past 13 years.....hard to believe!!! Delete the last angry messages, get a good night's sleep, and start over another beautiful, God given day. I'm on your side.

Take care, Everyone.

Margaret