RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Now, I didnt' say the fish were healthy. We on lists like this know that ALL fish have mercury. I never eat fish or feed fish to my children. I don't care where they came from. I was telling you what she said about why she hunts and fish.

Subject: Re: Re: Sara Palins sister has a son with autismTo: EOHarm Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 10:06 AM

In a message dated 9/9/2008 10:00:11 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, flablowsyahoo (DOT) com writes:

She said she wants her family to eat fresh, healthy fish and meat.

SURE, FISH FILLED WITH MERCURY, THAT'S REAL HEALTHY!

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Guest guest

>

> Krakow, no way! Rumor has it he's a flubbed floater with fluffy

flecks and flippant flamboyancy.

Almost leaking out your alliteration allotment.

Lenny

Guest guest

Maybe the fiance's clan thinks " it's genetic " or your brother fears

that what they'll think. Worse if he himself thinks that. That gene

stuff is all voodoo, not rational.

Maybe send him a heartfelt letter saying " Last chance to do the right

thing " .

>

> My husband is refusing to go and will stay home with my son. This

> all developed in the past week so it's still on going. I just went

> to the bridal shower on Sunday, dreading/preparing that all my

family

> in attendance would be giving me all sorts of excuses of why it's

> best my son didn't go, instead everyone expressed shock that he's

not

> invited which was really great. My son can be behavioral, but he's

> been at all types of big parties and that's usually where he's at

his

> best, he loves people and the music. I'm very hurt that my brother

> (or maybe at the insistence of his fiance) did this. Family is

> family, if my son did act up we would get him out of there, I think

> it's more they're embarassed/ashamed of him and having her side of

> the wedding see him since my side family and friends all know him.

I

> love my brother dearly and he's been great in all other ways. I

> don't want to start a huge family rift and cause more stress for

him

> by also not attending and/or pulling my other two (who adore their

> uncle) out of the bridal party (by the way, my brother's 41, the

> fiance is 38 and it's her second marriage so they're not

inexperience

> young adults).

> Anyway thanks for the sentiment.

Guest guest

Wow, great post,I do not think Obamas pathetic attitude to botched

aborted children,has not been discussed enough and I believe he will

put vaccine damaged children in the same category.

Rich

>

>

> Subject: Re: Re: Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

> To: EOHarm

> Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 7:54 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> In a message dated 9/9/2008 2:29:59 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

maurine_meleck@ yahoo.com writes:

> Honestly, any mother who shoots a beautiful animal in the head and

then says she's " pro-life " is a hypocrite.  I disagree with 99% of

what Palin believes in.  I don't care what she thinks about autism or

not.  There is more to life than autism.  We need to look at the big

picture.  I think in time we will know what she is really

about.  Hopefully it won't be too late.

>

> -   

>

>

> AMEN CHRISTINE! I HONESTLY CANNOT STAND PALIN, SHE IS ON MY LAST

NERVE! SHE IS SO ARROGANT! WHEN SHE SAID SPECIAL NEEDS PARENTS WILL

HAVE A FRIEND IN THE WHITE HOUSE THE OTHER NIGHT AT THE CONVENTION, I

SAID TO MYSELF, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THIS SPECIAL NEEDS PARENT AS YOUR

FRIEND! NO WAY IN HELL!

>  

> VICKI

>

>

>

>

>

> Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus

the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

>

Guest guest

EXACTLY what I mean Lin---they both receive SO much from lobbiest

(and to me BIG Pharma is the WORST and most aggressive) and yet they

both say " we won't do that " !!!!!! They ALL LIE and if people can't

see that what a shame. To me it doesn't matter that Obama has taken

more then McCain, the point is neither is completely clean on this

one and neither can resist those bastard lobbiest. Thanks for the

links and info.

Tina

> > > >

> > > > I don't get it.. why wouldn't she tell her family about the

> > down's?

> > > EARLY to prepare the family??????? Lia

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/08/america/08baby.php?

page=2

> > > >

> > > > In private, the Palins slowly started to share the Down

syndrome

> > > > diagnosis. They wrote a long letter to Bruce, Palin's sister,

who

> > > has

> > > > an autistic son, explaining how they had come to embrace the

> > > challenges

> > > > their baby would bring

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > ------------------------------------

> > > >

> > > >

Guest guest

Yeah, and as far as the abortion issue, I really liked Biden's answer

to the question that Tom Brokaw asked on Meet The Press Sunday: He

asked him since he is a Catholic he (Biden) believes that life begins

at conception and yet he is for abortion (not exact quotes but this

was the idea) Biden said that his religious beliefs are his and he is

not going to force his beliefs on others. I hate the idea that other

politicians push thier Christian beliefs on the American public. I am

a Catholic but I do believe that in some cases abortion should be

allowed where Palin does not. From what I have heard, even if

the mother's life is at risk she believes that abortion is off

limits. I know this is a heated topic in political talk but Biden got

it right IMHO.

Here is the Biden answer on Meet the Press from YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc3_mATe3uY

Tina

> >

> > Some animals were put on this planet for our survival - food. 

What

> I've always found very interesting about the dems is how they can

> think it's okay to kill a baby.  Obama voted AGAINST a baby who was

> born alive during a late term abortion to receive medical care from

a

> doctor.  I heard his comment on this vote - it went something

like " I

> don't think a doctor should be taken away from his important duty

of

> being a doctor for this... "   BTW - Obama was the ONLY senator to

vote

> against a doctor being required to give the baby care.  I have a

> bigger problem with a baby left in a soiled linen closet to die

after

> a botched abortion than I do a dead moose (or mooses) in someone's

> freezer. 

>

Guest guest

I agree with you as a general proposition but Sen. Lieberman has been the most outspoken politician, except for Reps. Weldon and Burton for vaccine safety, especially in connection with the thimerosal issue. He was the Senator who placed working in an HHS appropriations bill that resulted in an NIEHS conference on the VSD database, and in a report that was highly critical of previous use of the database, including the Verstraeten report.Also, Sen. Lieberman joined with Sen. McCain in sending this letter:http://autismactionnetwork.org/ (Click on link AAC Parent-Advocates Meet With Senator McCain (11/20/2007)*)Yes, Sen. Lieberman receives lots of money from pharma and I am sure he watches out for Pfizer, with HQ in his home state (Pfizer has no exposure to liability on thimerosal) but he still did what he did, with little political benefit to him, at least on the surface. The drug industry gives to almost everyone. Lieberman is high on the list of receivers. The problem is that the politicians who get the money have been brainwashed as well as the American People. They still believe, like the American People, that the medical authorities are a respectable bunch. Sara Palins sister has a son with autism> > > > > > > > > > > > http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/08/america/08baby.php?page=2> > > > > > In private, the Palins slowly started to share the Down syndrome > > > diagnosis. They wrote a long letter to Bruce, Palin's sister, who > > has > > > an autistic son, explaining how they had come to embrace the > > challenges > > > their baby would bring> > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------> > > > > >

Guest guest

> Yes, Sen. Lieberman receives lots of money from pharma and I am sure

> he watches out for Pfizer, with HQ in his home state (Pfizer has no

> exposure to liability on thimerosal) but he still did what he did,

> with little political benefit to him, at least on the surface.

This is a good point, Bob. Pharma is not a monolith. They do not all

speak with one voice with all the same interests. Only a few make

money on vaccines. I know there are some on this list who despise

everything pharma does, but I'm not one of them.

Lenny

Guest guest

I was not even remotely speaking of AS. I was referring to GR, SafeMinds and even ACHAMP. Sorry, but true. I am not doing this to be spiteful or stubborn. I did not pick a party or a candidate. McCain responded when no one else did.

Lin

> > > > >> > > > > I don't get it.. why wouldn't she tell her family about the > > > down's? > > > > EARLY to prepare the family??????? Lia> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -----Original Messag! e-----> > > > > From: <rng777@>> > > > > To: EOHarm > > > > > Sent: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 2:30 pm> > > > > Subject: Sara Palins sister has a son with autism> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/08/america/08baby.php?page=2> > > > > > > > > > In private, the Palins slowly started to share the Down syndrome > > > > > diagnosis. They wrote a long letter to Bruce, Palin's sister, who > > > > has > > > > > an autistic son, explaining how they had come to embrace the > > > > challenges > > > > > their baby would bring> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------> > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Death Penalty is because of a eye for an eye, etc.

Not for it (yet) just establishing the thinking behind it.

> >> > > > Excuse me????> > > > Come live where if the animal population is not kept under control> > people starve and the animals become diseased or starve themselves!! ! > > Talk about humanity?!?> > > >>

Guest guest

I don’t judge anyone for getting pregnant before marriage (been there, done that- but I was 30 at the time). But, I thought it was funny that my son jumped to conclusions. Guess all those hours of watching the convention made an impact

Oh, I really think that kid is her daughters and it's a coverup because the daughter couldn't get an abortion because it's against their beliefs and that is a lot for a 17 year old to deal with, a child with down syndrome, so the Mother probably said, I will say he is mine and help you raise him.

As for getting pregnant now a SECOND time, that's just ridiculous! What about birth control for goodness sake!

Just my opinion but I feel that kid is NOT 's! Look at pictures of Bristol Palin from last year, kid looked pregnant THEN!

VickiPsssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Guest guest

Given that their pix are on the covers of several magazines this

week, with Trig, I don't think she is trying to " hide him " . I'm not

going to judge why she did not tell her family early on. I would

imagine though, that she's not the first mom carrying a child with

Down Syndrome to have struggled with the " how to " tell others about

it. It's not something that I am going to hold against her. I'm

interested in watching the debates and learning more about Obama-

Biden and McCain-Palin's political views.

>

> It is about having the family be prepared.. it will involve the

whole family for the rest of THEIR lives... why did she not tell

them? I find this not exactly honest. I would be angry if my mother

did not prepare me. we are talking about be open and honest. Would

nice to see this as a character trait.?I just see it differently than

you .. lenny... if she had not been nominated.. no would have known

she had a down's kid.. something is wrong with this...like she wants

to hide him... just my perception.. Lia

>

>

Guest guest

I agree with you. Too bad I'm still on waiting lists only and have no idea what my kids are allergic to. Took my kids off the known offenders with regards to diet while I wait. But Hey - if I ever find a doc to do an IgG panel on my kids she'll just say it isn't real science. Did I mention that she lives next door and so do my offending parents and brother? Hard to avoid but if anyone knows of moat building and electric fences that might be hazardous to humans...please let me know. I'm ready to take them all out - my attempts at gentle and then hardcore education have been laughed at (I'm talking VAERS, not op-eds).

Guest guest

Sure, But then I happily eat chicken/fish/pigs/cows etc as long as I don't have to kill them myself. Do you kill your own meat?

I'm a pro-choice, meat eating hypocrite myself. Too bad lots of my family thinks my son is an animal...and no, I don't do 'abortion' myself but ain't it funny that we keep our babies and still have to pony up for these bio med expenses.with no help from the outside world? I'd never give back my ASD boys or change a thing (other than to bring them happiness and comfort) but it sure would be nice to have some coverage other than a drug for my 8 and 3 year old baby boys.

Meantime.....I'm eating only chicken and fish (don't kill my own, could not-i'm a hypocrite) and questioning what the 'sanctity of life' really means. 10 years of Catholic School and I still can't figure out why my sons don't matter to anyone but myself and this community in this 'Christian' Country (oh I left that ideal behind in grade school). At least my 3 year old daughter seems to be solid I guess.

Sorry, I guess this animal thing was a nice diversion from what I deal with day to day. And yes, I think all life is equal except fot those bugs that attack me (mosquitoes, ticks, fleas) - that is war.

Guest guest

I was in the store with my 9 year old ASD kid tonight. We get in line to check out and he sees all the magazines. He gets all excited and says (very loudly) “Look, it’s Palin and her daughter’s baby”. I said “No honey, that’s and her baby”. He’s confused, “but Palin’s daughter is pregnant”. “yes, she is”, I answer and start laughing so loudly everyone thinks I’m crazy.

I don’t judge anyone for getting pregnant before marriage (been there, done that- but I was 30 at the time). But, I thought it was funny that my son jumped to conclusions. Guess all those hours of watching the convention made an impact.

-

Given that their pix are on the covers of several magazines this

week, with Trig, I don't think she is trying to " hide him " . I'm not

going to judge why she did not tell her family early on. I would

imagine though, that she's not the first mom carrying a child with

Down Syndrome to have struggled with the " how to " tell others about

it. It's not something that I am going to hold against her. I'm

interested in watching the debates and learning more about Obama-

Biden and McCain-Palin's political views.

>

> It is about having the family be prepared.. it will involve the

whole family for the rest of THEIR lives... why did she not tell

them? I find this not exactly honest. I would be angry if my mother

did not prepare me. we are talking about be open and honest. Would

nice to see this as a character trait.?I just see it differently than

you .. lenny... if she had not been nominated.. no would have known

she had a down's kid.. something is wrong with this...like she wants

to hide him... just my perception.. Lia

>

>

Guest guest

I love my children, unconditionally. The youngest is normal, so far. The oldest has autism, bi-polar and mild retardation. For this, I have shamed my family. My brother greg is regarded as an outstanding citizen and has lots of friends in high places, but little as those people know my brother will not acknowledge me for shame that I gave birth to an less than perfect child. His wife an nurse by trade and an high society type displays the same snobbery towards me and my oldest son. Same goes for the rest of my brothers and sister. Holidays are hurtful towards because of those relatives, he don't understand why they just avoid him and not acknowledge him with gifts at christmas as the others recieve. But he loves them and wants to be around them anyway.

My brother greg and his family, my sister and husband, and my other brother are Republicans. They know I am not of agreement with their political party. But I am not trying to turn this political but it seems that today's Republicans are so heartless and full of greed. While they stand and make their political stand they use GOD. They use Abortions, they apparently are now using disable people now to get their votes. They talk so good around others that will help them advance, but so cruel to the less than powerful or with issues. So hyprocritical.

If Sara Palin didn't have the downs syndrom child or autism in family, will they still choose her to be the VP for McCain? Sara Palin will never have to worry to get the funding to deal with her downs child medical help. or when the child has a melt down during any potential crisis that may occur she don't have to step away to attend to the child, she will more to like pawn the resposibility to an paid professional.

Yes I am jealous, I am stressed contantly struggling financially because jobs are hard to come by if you are single with an mental disable child. Struggling mentally because there is no one to help when he has a meltdown. Struggle with the government ran insurance over services he cannot recieved but need. But I bet Sara will never have none of those problems, or members of her family, because she is in higher position.

If she and mccain sucessfully get into office, I hope she change things for us. But I will not count on it. Because that is not the New political way.

To: EOHarm From: lisa_sigismondi@...Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 22:04:35 -0700Subject: Re: Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

Sure, But then I happily eat chicken/fish/pigs/cows etc as long as I don't have to kill them myself. Do you kill your own meat?

I'm a pro-choice, meat eating hypocrite myself. Too bad lots of my family thinks my son is an animal...and no, I don't do 'abortion' myself but ain't it funny that we keep our babies and still have to pony up for these bio med expenses.with no help from the outside world? I'd never give back my ASD boys or change a thing (other than to bring them happiness and comfort) but it sure would be nice to have some coverage other than a drug for my 8 and 3 year old baby boys.

Meantime.....I'm eating only chicken and fish (don't kill my own, could not-i'm a hypocrite) and questioning what the 'sanctity of life' really means. 10 years of Catholic School and I still can't figure out why my sons don't matter to anyone but myself and this community in this 'Christian' Country (oh I left that ideal behind in grade school). At least my 3 year old daughter seems to be solid I guess.

Sorry, I guess this animal thing was a nice diversion from what I deal with day to day. And yes, I think all life is equal except fot those bugs that attack me (mosquitoes, ticks, fleas) - that is war. Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live. Learn Now

Guest guest

Leigh- How can you make a blanket statement that today's Republicans are heartless and full of greed. I happen to be a republican (in case anyone on the list hasn't noticed;) and I am not heartless and full of greed. In fact, I don't have much but I've always been willing to give what I can to help those less fortunate. I especially love children with autism and know what families are going thru when they have a child on the spectrum. I've taught my children that we are all the same in God's eyes. It doesn't matter how much money people have or do not have. When my daughter who is 7 sees a homeless person she immediately starts asking me to give he or she money. I've never even talked to my kids about different races because I believe racism is something that is taught to children. Children don't see people as a

race just as people. In fact, when my son with autism was learning about the civil war and slavery in the 3rd grade, he came home very upset. He told me about what he had learned at school - how the brown people had been treated and how awful it was. He went on to tell me that brown people weren't bad and that one of his friends at school was brown and he was a really nice boy. As far as God and my faith - God is awesome - my son would not be where he is today if it weren't for God. The doctors who diagnosed my son gave me no hope for his future and 8 years later he is almost recovered - thank you God! I am against abortion especially when I see it being used as birth control in this country. 42 million abortions since roe vs. wade. That's an astronomical number. As far as your brother goes Leigh - he is not a jerk because he is republican - he is just a jerk. --- On

Wed, 9/10/08, Leigh leighcpe wrote:

Subject: RE: Re: Sara Palins sister has a son with autismTo: EOHarm , eoharm Date: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 6:30 PM

Wow! Thanks for your comments! Leighdebra smith <dksmith9024@ hotmail.com> wrote:

I love my children, unconditionally. The youngest is normal, so far. The oldest has autism, bi-polar and mild retardation. For this, I have shamed my family. My brother greg is regarded as an outstanding citizen and has lots of friends in high places, but little as those people know my brother will not acknowledge me for shame that I gave birth to an less than perfect child. His wife an nurse by trade and an high society type displays the same snobbery towards me and my oldest son. Same goes for the rest of my brothers and sister. Holidays are hurtful towards because of those relatives, he don't understand why they just avoid him and not acknowledge him with gifts at christmas as the others recieve. But he loves them and wants to be around them anyway. My brother greg and his family, my sister and husband, and my other brother are Republicans. They know I am not of agreement with their political party. But

I am not trying to turn this political but it seems that today's Republicans are so heartless and full of greed. While they stand and make their political stand they use GOD. They use Abortions, they apparently are now using disable people now to get their votes. They talk so good around others that will help them advance, but so cruel to the less than powerful or with issues. So hyprocritical. If Sara Palin didn't have the downs syndrom child or autism in family, will they still choose her to be the VP for McCain? Sara Palin will never have to worry to get the funding to deal with her downs child medical help. or when the child has a melt down during any potential crisis that may occur she don't have to step away to attend to the child, she will more to like pawn the resposibility to an paid professional. Yes I am jealous, I am stressed contantly struggling financially because jobs are hard to come

by if you are single with an mental disable child. Struggling mentally because there is no one to help when he has a meltdown. Struggle with the government ran insurance over services he cannot recieved but need. But I bet Sara will never have none of those problems, or members of her family, because she is in higher position. If she and mccain sucessfully get into office, I hope she change things for us. But I will not count on it. Because that is not the New political way.

To: EOHarmyahoogroups (DOT) comFrom: lisa_sigismondi@ yahoo.comDate: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 22:04:35 -0700Subject: Re: Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

Sure, But then I happily eat chicken/fish/ pigs/cows etc as long as I don't have to kill them myself. Do you kill your own meat?

Meantime.... .I'm eating only chicken and fish (don't kill my own, could not-i'm a hypocrite) and questioning what the 'sanctity of life' really means. 10 years of Catholic School and I still can't figure out why my sons don't matter to anyone but myself and this community in this 'Christian' Country (oh I left that ideal behind in grade school). At least my 3 year old daughter seems to be solid I guess.

Sorry, I guess this animal thing was a nice diversion from what I deal with day to day. And yes, I think all life is equal except fot those bugs that attack me (mosquitoes, ticks, fleas) - that is war.

Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live. Learn Now

Guest guest

I believe I said that the Republicans are heartless and full of greed. But, there are some that are different. But from my experience I have not personally ran into any that shows any compassion for my disable child and knocks or makes fun of those like him in an condensending manner.

Apparently W Bush have demonstrated and turned his party into something far different than what it use to have been. I thought that President Regan was in high regard, Today republican party seems to reflect something far more differences than the old grandfathers type of the party.

Actually, who to say that Obama or Hillary is actually an republican in Democrate clothing?? Still, I don't approve any political party using God to get elected. Look at the Taliban or those that declares jihad, they stand on the God plateform as well, and they do bad things.

I am sorry that Palin has a downs child, but for McCain or Palin to use the child for the pity vote and Palin for the sexest vote.

But, to you and others like you who is truely pure in heart but the difference of you that you have a child who is suffering the samething called Autism. I do apologise for setting an one size fits all. But I wish YOU well.

Debra

To: EOHarm From: flablows@...Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:13:37 -0700Subject: RE: Re: Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

Leigh- How can you make a blanket statement that today's Republicans are heartless and full of greed. I happen to be a republican (in case anyone on the list hasn't noticed;) and I am not heartless and full of greed. In fact, I don't have much but I've always been willing to give what I can to help those less fortunate. I especially love children with autism and know what families are going thru when they have a child on the spectrum. I've taught my children that we are all the same in God's eyes. It doesn't matter how much money people have or do not have. When my daughter who is 7 sees a homeless person she immediately starts asking me to give he or she money. I've never even talked to my kids about different races because I believe racism is something that is taught to children. Children don't see people as a race just as people. In fact, when my son with autism was learning about the civil war and slavery in the 3rd grade, he came home very upset. He told me about what he had learned at school - how the brown people had been treated and how awful it was. He went on to tell me that brown people weren't bad and that one of his friends at school was brown and he was a really nice boy. As far as God and my faith - God is awesome - my son would not be where he is today if it weren't for God. The doctors who diagnosed my son gave me no hope for his future and 8 years later he is almost recovered - thank you God! I am against abortion especially when I see it being used as birth control in this country. 42 million abortions since roe vs. wade. That's an astronomical number. As far as your brother goes Leigh - he is not a jerk because he is republican - he is just a jerk.

I love my children, unconditionally. The youngest is normal, so far. The oldest has autism, bi-polar and mild retardation. For this, I have shamed my family. My brother greg is regarded as an outstanding citizen and has lots of friends in high places, but little as those people know my brother will not acknowledge me for shame that I gave birth to an less than perfect child. His wife an nurse by trade and an high society type displays the same snobbery towards me and my oldest son. Same goes for the rest of my brothers and sister. Holidays are hurtful towards because of those relatives, he don't understand why they just avoid him and not acknowledge him with gifts at christmas as the others recieve. But he loves them and wants to be around them anyway. My brother greg and his family, my sister and husband, and my other brother are Republicans. They know I am not of agreement with their political party. But I am not trying to turn this political but it seems that today's Republicans are so heartless and full of greed. While they stand and make their political stand they use GOD. They use Abortions, they apparently are now using disable people now to get their votes. They talk so good around others that will help them advance, but so cruel to the less than powerful or with issues. So hyprocritical. If Sara Palin didn't have the downs syndrom child or autism in family, will they still choose her to be the VP for McCain? Sara Palin will never have to worry to get the funding to deal with her downs child medical help. or when the child has a melt down during any potential crisis that may occur she don't have to step away to attend to the child, she will more to like pawn the resposibility to an paid professional. Yes I am jealous, I am stressed contantly struggling financially because jobs are hard to come by if you are single with an mental disable child. Struggling mentally because there is no one to help when he has a meltdown. Struggle with the government ran insurance over services he cannot recieved but need. But I bet Sara will never have none of those problems, or members of her family, because she is in higher position. If she and mccain sucessfully get into office, I hope she change things for us. But I will not count on it. Because that is not the New political way.

To: EOHarmyahoogroups (DOT) comFrom: lisa_sigismondi@ yahoo.comDate: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 22:04:35 -0700Subject: Re: Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

Sure, But then I happily eat chicken/fish/ pigs/cows etc as long as I don't have to kill them myself. Do you kill your own meat?

Meantime.... .I'm eating only chicken and fish (don't kill my own, could not-i'm a hypocrite) and questioning what the 'sanctity of life' really means. 10 years of Catholic School and I still can't figure out why my sons don't matter to anyone but myself and this community in this 'Christian' Country (oh I left that ideal behind in grade school). At least my 3 year old daughter seems to be solid I guess.

See how Windows Mobile brings your life together—at home, work, or on the go. See Now

Guest guest

blu,

Futhermore, I can almost believe that God have chosen us to raise these children. We are their champions. And we must keep on fighting for our children. Not just for our own, but for others.

I do pray that no more children and their parents join our club. Additionally, that the pharms and government see the harm and stop it. What is to happen to our society if their is more mentally disable people around?? Who is to fight and defend our country if invaded? My son will not be able to care for me in my old age, for he is not able to care for himself. What is to happen to him and others like him if they are the only survivors of the family. Jerks such as my brother greg and others like him who shared the same "Nazi" type attitude towards them.

You and I, among others, know the heartache and frustrations of having autistic children as society is concern. However, if anyone would have the patience to listen our "specail" children can amaze and enlighten us when they do decide to express how they view the world and describe it. When this occurs the pass heartache and frustrations turn into hope.... even if it is alittle, it is still hope.

Debra

To: EOHarm From: flablows@...Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:13:37 -0700Subject: RE: Re: Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

Leigh- How can you make a blanket statement that today's Republicans are heartless and full of greed. I happen to be a republican (in case anyone on the list hasn't noticed;) and I am not heartless and full of greed. In fact, I don't have much but I've always been willing to give what I can to help those less fortunate. I especially love children with autism and know what families are going thru when they have a child on the spectrum. I've taught my children that we are all the same in God's eyes. It doesn't matter how much money people have or do not have. When my daughter who is 7 sees a homeless person she immediately starts asking me to give he or she money. I've never even talked to my kids about different races because I believe racism is something that is taught to children. Children don't see people as a race just as people. In fact, when my son with autism was learning about the civil war and slavery in the 3rd grade, he came home very upset. He told me about what he had learned at school - how the brown people had been treated and how awful it was. He went on to tell me that brown people weren't bad and that one of his friends at school was brown and he was a really nice boy. As far as God and my faith - God is awesome - my son would not be where he is today if it weren't for God. The doctors who diagnosed my son gave me no hope for his future and 8 years later he is almost recovered - thank you God! I am against abortion especially when I see it being used as birth control in this country. 42 million abortions since roe vs. wade. That's an astronomical number. As far as your brother goes Leigh - he is not a jerk because he is republican - he is just a jerk.

I love my children, unconditionally. The youngest is normal, so far. The oldest has autism, bi-polar and mild retardation. For this, I have shamed my family. My brother greg is regarded as an outstanding citizen and has lots of friends in high places, but little as those people know my brother will not acknowledge me for shame that I gave birth to an less than perfect child. His wife an nurse by trade and an high society type displays the same snobbery towards me and my oldest son. Same goes for the rest of my brothers and sister. Holidays are hurtful towards because of those relatives, he don't understand why they just avoid him and not acknowledge him with gifts at christmas as the others recieve. But he loves them and wants to be around them anyway. My brother greg and his family, my sister and husband, and my other brother are Republicans. They know I am not of agreement with their political party. But I am not trying to turn this political but it seems that today's Republicans are so heartless and full of greed. While they stand and make their political stand they use GOD. They use Abortions, they apparently are now using disable people now to get their votes. They talk so good around others that will help them advance, but so cruel to the less than powerful or with issues. So hyprocritical. If Sara Palin didn't have the downs syndrom child or autism in family, will they still choose her to be the VP for McCain? Sara Palin will never have to worry to get the funding to deal with her downs child medical help. or when the child has a melt down during any potential crisis that may occur she don't have to step away to attend to the child, she will more to like pawn the resposibility to an paid professional. Yes I am jealous, I am stressed contantly struggling financially because jobs are hard to come by if you are single with an mental disable child. Struggling mentally because there is no one to help when he has a meltdown. Struggle with the government ran insurance over services he cannot recieved but need. But I bet Sara will never have none of those problems, or members of her family, because she is in higher position. If she and mccain sucessfully get into office, I hope she change things for us. But I will not count on it. Because that is not the New political way.

See how Windows Mobile brings your life together—at home, work, or on the go. See Now

Guest guest

>>It is about having the family be prepared..

>>it will involve the whole family for the rest of THEIR lives...

>>why did she not tell them? I find this not exactly honest. =

I know I am way behind in posts, but maybe she needed time to prepare herself for the task she had waiting for her. Knowing you have a life time of this disability's could have been very overwhelming. I have been on this journey for 4 years and I still get days and weeks that it is so overwhelming I don't know how to handle it.Waiting to tell your family until your ready in no way makes me think your are dishonest.

Considering many in our community never tell anyone their child has Autism, I find this whole line of thinking odd that we would judge Palin for this behavior but not our own community. I just had a conversation with a friend the other night about how her best friend had a child with Autism "like" symptoms, but did not have autism, but her friend did all the things she hears me talking about doing with Austin. My first thought, oh another parent who recovered her kid but doesn't want to be part of the solution of helping all our kids.(Imagine me rolling my eyes here). I try really hard to not judge these parents, but I often wonder if they are not further hurting our cause by not being "honest". Of course I then again look into my own life where people judge me unfairly and I think, I am not walking in her shoes I need to just stay the course of what I am doing, because I am only in control of me, and I can't expect everyone to

deal with things the way I do.Which is open and vocal.

Again I am still undecided in who I am voting for, so I am just playing devils advocate here

Primer who lives in Oceanside but is in Carlsbad Unified School District

~All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. -- Arthur Schopenhauer

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

http://www.iht. com/articles/ 2008/09/08/ america/08baby. php?page= 2 In private, the Palins slowly started to share the Down syndrome diagnosis. They wrote a long letter to Bruce, Palin's sister, who has an autistic son, explaining how they had come to embrace the challenges their baby would bring ------------ --------- --------- ------