RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: TAKING MACA FOR PARKINSON'S SYMPTOMS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm going to be acquiring some for use with my clients however I'll be in the US for a while ... I tried it while over there, instant effect, trusting judgment of US practitioners on which supplier to use. It does vary a lot in quality, I believe the best stuff has to have seen the frost before it's harvested. It's also rather expensive ... However effects apparent within 20 minutes and it's nutritional! No directive stuff to deal with!Lorraine Lorraine Hodgkinson AHG MRCHMHERBS AND HELPERS6, Butts Fold, Cockermouth,Cumbria, CA13 9HY. UK.Tel: +44 (0) 1900 826392Mobile: 07761 489838 (O2)www.herbalmedicineuk.comOn 14 Aug 2012, at 23:02, "herbsalive5" wrote:

I read a post from Newton a few weeks ago in which she said she gave her mother who had Parkinson's, a small amount of Maca and it had the effect of improving her speech and thinking. Has anyone else had experience of using Maca for Parkinson's symptoms?

If so, where would I find a reputable supply to give to a patient and what would be the dosage/any contraindications etc.

Guest guest

Lorraine,would you be happy to share the recommendations for the suppliers - I am going to the States in October and would like to stock up whilst there. ThanksPS When you talk about the instant effect, was it on you or the patients? What effect did you get? To: "ukherbal-list " <ukherbal-list >

Sent: Wednesday, 15 August 2012, 8:59 Subject: Re: TAKING MACA FOR PARKINSON'S SYMPTOMS

I'm going to be acquiring some for use with my clients however I'll be in the US for a while ... I tried it while over there, instant effect, trusting judgment of US practitioners on which supplier to use. It does vary a lot in quality, I believe the best stuff has to have seen the frost before it's harvested. It's also rather expensive ... However effects apparent within 20 minutes and it's nutritional! No directive stuff to deal with!Lorraine Lorraine Hodgkinson AHG MRCHMHERBS AND HELPERS6, Butts Fold, Cockermouth,Cumbria, CA13 9HY. UK.Tel: +44 (0) 1900 826392Mobile: 07761 489838 (O2)www.herbalmedicineuk.comOn 14 Aug 2012, at 23:02, "herbsalive5" wrote:

I read a post from Newton a few weeks ago in which she said she gave her mother who had Parkinson's, a small amount of Maca and it had the effect of improving her speech and thinking. Has anyone else had experience of using Maca for Parkinson's symptoms?

If so, where would I find a reputable supply to give to a patient and what would be the dosage/any contraindications etc.

Guest guest

Naturya does organic maca powder and it's availabe at health food shops in the UK

Guest guest

Hi all,Does anyone know the optimum turmeric powder/ black pepper powder ratio for increased bioavailiability of the turmeric. I am making my own capsules up and cannot find any reference to this anywhere.thanksSally Dr. Sally Moorcroft MBChB, BSc (Hons), MNIMH

The Natural Health Clinic,

Pigeon Cote Farm, Stallingborough

Grimsby, NE Lincolnshire

DN41 8AJ

www.thenaturalhealthclinic.info

www.drsallymoorcroft.co.ukTo: ukherbal-list From: seamonix@...Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 13:46:36 +0100Subject: Re: TAKING MACA FOR PARKINSON'S SYMPTOMS

Naturya does organic maca powder and it's availabe at health food shops in the UK

Guest guest

As I recall it was supposed to be 10:1, but I'm sorry can't remember where I read that.

Hi all,Does anyone know the optimum turmeric powder/ black pepper powder ratio for increased bioavailiability of the turmeric. I am making my own capsules up and cannot find any reference to this anywhere.thanksSally Dr. Sally Moorcroft MBChB, BSc (Hons), MNIMH

Grimsby, NE Lincolnshire

DN41 8AJ

www.drsallymoorcroft.co.ukTo: ukherbal-list From: seamonix@...Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 13:46:36 +0100Subject: Re: TAKING MACA FOR PARKINSON'S SYMPTOMS

Guest guest

What sort of dosage were you using, Lorraine? And for those who have

Parkinson's and are already on pharmaceutical intervention, are

there any contraindications/interactions in the use of Maca?

Kind regards,

Kerry

I'm going to be acquiring some for use with my clients

however I'll be in the US for a while ... I tried it while

over there, instant effect, trusting judgment of US

practitioners on which supplier to use. It does vary a lot

in quality, I believe the best stuff has to have seen the

frost before it's harvested. It's also rather expensive

.... However effects apparent within 20 minutes and it's

nutritional! No directive stuff to deal with!

Lorraine  

Lorraine Hodgkinson AHG MRCHM

HERBS AND HELPERS

6, Butts Fold, Cockermouth,

Cumbria, CA13 9HY. UK.

Tel: +44 (0) 1900 826392

Mobile: 07761 489838 (O2)

www.herbalmedicineuk.com

On 14 Aug 2012, at 23:02, "herbsalive5"

wrote:

I read a post from Newton a few weeks ago in

which she said she gave her mother who had

Parkinson's, a small amount of Maca and it had the

effect of improving her speech and thinking. Has

anyone else had experience of using Maca for

Parkinson's symptoms?

If so, where would I find a reputable supply to give

to a patient and what would be the dosage/any

contraindications etc.

-- Kerry Hackett, MNIMH, AHG, OHA

Medical Herbalist

www.kerryhackett.ca

Guest guest

Of I recall, shouldn't turmeric be taken with oil too?Sent from my iPad

As I recall it was supposed to be 10:1, but I'm sorry can't remember where I read that.

Grimsby, NE Lincolnshire

DN41 8AJ

=

Guest guest

Hello ,Are you going to the AHG Symposium in the US? If you are see you there!I am relating personal experience only, I took about a tablespoon of maca powder and within 20 minutes could feel the aphrodisiac effects. Lasted for a few minutes before gradually fading off. Was jet lagged at the time. I am sensitive to the herbs, however was impressed with 'potency'. Having attended a few lectures on this in the US it seems that getting the right stuff is very important. I will be exploring suppliers more when I go over shortly.LorraineLorraine Hodgkinson AHG MRCHMHERBS AND HELPERS6, Butts Fold, Cockermouth,Cumbria, CA13 9HY. UK.Tel: +44 (0) 1900 826392Mobile: 07761 489838 (O2)www.herbalmedicineuk.comOn 15 Aug 2012, at 13:24, anna.newton@... wrote:

Lorraine,would you be happy to share the recommendations for the suppliers - I am going to the States in October and would like to stock up whilst there. ThanksPS When you talk about the instant effect, was it on you or the patients? What effect did you get? To: "ukherbal-list " <ukherbal-list >

Sent: Wednesday, 15 August 2012, 8:59 Subject: Re: TAKING MACA FOR PARKINSON'S SYMPTOMS

I just came across this blog and I’m very interested to find out if anybody had experience of using Maca for the symptoms of Parkinson?.

IN order to answer a question from previous blog user (Guest):  As a Peruvian I know Maca has too many benefits and I can easily recognize a good product. I will recommend “Peruvian Maca by Divine Organics” and “Organic Raw Maca Powder by Navitas Naturals”.