RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: checking in

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Have you been in an accident or something where your back and neck were injured?Also a nerve could be pinched that is causing it.Your doctor is right in not giving you treatment until they know what is causing the headaces.Treatment ,one of the sides is frequent headaces,so they need to find out what is causing it.Keep pushing them to find out what is wrong.

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of DoyleSent: May 26, 2008 8:25 AMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: RE: Checking in

Thank you Gail. I have tried the heat, ice, yoga, tie-chi, acpupuncture, massages, and many other things nothing has helped thank you though.

Hi All

In talking to my dear friend Janie, I heard that some of you have been worried about me. I have not really been following whats going on in group and everyones life. I have just been trying to get through mine right now. I have been dealing with my health and dumb doctors. I have had this same stupid headache for 4 months now and they just give me pain pills. I was not taking them for a while but then I was not getting anything done esecially not my school work. So I started taking them again. I am no on norco which is better for me than the vicodin. I do know its not the best thing .for me. But I need to live life while I can. I itch, ache, have chroinic nausea and fatigue and about 2 weeks ago I talked to my g.i. doctor about it and he said none of it is from the hep. That the pain pills are doing all this. But I told him that all this was going on WAY befor the pain pills. And of course I have talked to other people with hep c and they feel the same way I do. They wont let me start tx because of this headache. So i went to see a neurologist and he said I probley have bipolor or sever depression and thats the cause of my haedache so I need botox. Botox is now used for headaches but I did not feel comfortable with them injecting that into my face at my age. I will look plactic in no time with that. He was very upset with me when I asked what it could do to my reproductive organs, my liver, side effects and so on. He had no answers and yeeled at me. Thank god my husband was there I probley would have decked him then went and talked to his supervisor. He finally said I need to see a physcologist. I told him several times that they put me on the anti-depressents for the anxiety I was having from my thyroid and also because they wanted me on them during treatment. He proceded to tell me that no dr would want to put me on antidepressents before a tx started that I must be depressed. What an ass. I went to my normal dr and talked to her about him and she was glad I did not do the botox because its not fda approved for headaches and also they are not sure what it could do to my health. I cant take chances. I am trying to be as active as I can to loose weight but I cant its so hard now that I am not working. We are living pay check to pay check because I am not working and they refuse to give me any disability so my counclor said she could get it for me from the "depression" . I feel so ill all the time and have a hard time doing daily tasks. I also was told that the hep could be giving me this headache so the only way to get rid of it is to do tx but they wont let me. What kind of crap is this. My husband is leaving me for a month in a couple weeks and I am not sure what to do. I just want to smoke a cig and have a large glass of wine but I cant do that either. I know pot is bad for the liver but I have had to smoke some to help the headache/nausea. I feel hopeless about all this. I have been avoiding you guys because I have been avoiding myself. I am just taking it one day at a time. I have learned my limits and lay down when I need to and not push myself to far. I am exercising daily so as not to make my health worse. My blood pressure is high from all the stress. I went to the eye drs today she said I am likely going to have glocoma one day from all the pressure in my eyes. I now need bifocials. I am 23 what is going on? Why am I falling apart? My husband is stressed and working 12 hr days 6 days a week and he will be 24/7 soon during fishing in the bearing sea. All my friends stopped asking me to go out with them because they think I dont want to go cause I cant drink. I am feeling lonely. I could continue to go on and on but I must study for finals next week. Plus I already wrote a book. But I do feel better thanks for listening or if you are just deleting this thats ok too because at least I go some things off my chest. I will not hide so much. I took the first step so I will continue taking steps and be around.

D

The light at the end of the tunnel may be you

Guest guest

Stress doesn't normally cause headaces on a full time basis.

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of DannellaSent: May 26, 2008 7:51 PMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: RE: Checking inStress is enough of a reason to cause severe headaches. Stress and severe anxiety and worry. Medications can cause headaches too.gail wrote:

Have you been in an accident or something where your back and neck were injured?Also a nerve could be pinched that is causing it.Your doctor is right in not giving you treatment until they know what is causing the headaces.Treatment ,one of the sides is frequent headaces,so they need to find out what is causing it.Keep pushing them to find out what is wrong.

Gail

Guest guest

I am not really stressed. I just have finals this week but other than that no stress. I just started having seeing problems so I went to the eye dr and she said that my eye muscles are having spasims. I need glasses to wear all the time for 2 weeks and after that if they help continue to wear them but if my eyes are better then only when night driving and reading. She said that can be contributing to the headache. They just upped some meds and gave me others that usually help with headachs. They have done evey test they can do and several drs have looked at them over and over again. They seem to think massage a few times a week could help. I have done it a few times but I cant afford $75 3 times a week. I convinced them to give me physical

therapy but they cant get me in until july 2nd. I was in a car accident 3 years ago and physical therapy helped then but no problems since then. I know that pot is not so good for my liver but the only time I have energy to clean and do other things I am unable to is when I take a pain pill and take one hit of pot. I dont like to smoke but I need something to help me get stuff done I cant just lay around or I will get depressed.

Gail

Guest guest

Thanks I emailed her and hope to hear back from her

Hi All

In talking to my dear friend Janie, I heard that some of you have been worried about me. I have not really been following whats going on in group and everyones life. I have just been trying to get through mine right now. I have been dealing with my health and dumb doctors. I have had this same stupid headache for 4 months now and they just give me pain pills. I was not taking them for a while but then I was not getting anything done esecially not my school work. So I started taking them again. I am no on norco which is better for me than the vicodin. I do know its not the best thing .for me. But I need to live life while I can. I itch, ache, have chroinic nausea and fatigue and about 2 weeks ago I talked to my g.i. doctor about it and he said none of it is from the hep. That the pain pills are doing all this. But I told him that all this was going on WAY befor the pain pills. And of course I have talked to other people with hep c and

they feel the same way I do. They wont let me start tx because of this headache. So i went to see a neurologist and he said I probley have bipolor or sever depression and thats the cause of my haedache so I need botox. Botox is now used for headaches but I did not feel comfortable with them injecting that into my face at my age. I will look plactic in no time with that. He was very upset with me when I asked what it could do to my reproductive organs, my liver, side effects and so on. He had no answers and yeeled at me. Thank god my husband was there I probley would have decked him then went and talked to his supervisor. He finally said I need to see a physcologist. I told him several times that they put me on the anti-depressents for the anxiety I was having from my thyroid and also because they wanted me on them during treatment. He proceded to tell me that no dr would want to put me on antidepressents before a tx started that I must be depressed.

What an ass. I went to my normal dr and talked to her about him and she was glad I did not do the botox because its not fda approved for headaches and also they are not sure what it could do to my health. I cant take chances. I am trying to be as active as I can to loose weight but I cant its so hard now that I am not working. We are living pay check to pay check because I am not working and they refuse to give me any disability so my counclor said she could get it for me from the "depression" . I feel so ill all the time and have a hard time doing daily tasks. I also was told that the hep could be giving me this headache so the only way to get rid of it is to do tx but they wont let me. What kind of crap is this. My husband is leaving me for a month in a couple weeks and I am not sure what to do. I just want to smoke a cig and have a large glass of wine but I cant do that either. I know pot is bad for the liver but I have had to smoke some to help the

headache/nausea. I feel hopeless about all this. I have been avoiding you guys because I have been avoiding myself. I am just taking it one day at a time. I have learned my limits and lay down when I need to and not push myself to far. I am exercising daily so as not to make my health worse. My blood pressure is high from all the stress. I went to the eye drs today she said I am likely going to have glocoma one day from all the pressure in my eyes. I now need bifocials. I am 23 what is going on? Why am I falling apart? My husband is stressed and working 12 hr days 6 days a week and he will be 24/7 soon during fishing in the bearing sea. All my friends stopped asking me to go out with them because they think I dont want to go cause I cant drink. I am feeling lonely. I could continue to go on and on but I must study for finals next week. Plus I already wrote a book. But I do feel better thanks for listening or if you are just deleting this

thats ok too because at least I go some things off my chest. I will not hide so much. I took the first step so I will continue taking steps and be around.

D

The light at the end of the tunnel may be you

Guest guest

Car accident.Did you get whip lash and back injuries from it.Physio helped me for awhile,but within a few years it started bothering me again and the older I get the worse it gets cause now it is arthritis..The hep could be effecting your vision as well and so will treatment.I didn't need glasses until after treatment and I was 54 when I started treatment 10yrs ago.

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of DoyleSent: May 27, 2008 7:22 AMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: RE: Checking in

I am not really stressed. I just have finals this week but other than that no stress. I just started having seeing problems so I went to the eye dr and she said that my eye muscles are having spasims. I need glasses to wear all the time for 2 weeks and after that if they help continue to wear them but if my eyes are better then only when night driving and reading. She said that can be contributing to the headache. They just upped some meds and gave me others that usually help with headachs. They have done evey test they can do and several drs have looked at them over and over again. They seem to think massage a few times a week could help. I have done it a few times but I cant afford $75 3 times a week. I convinced them to give me physical therapy but they cant get me in until july 2nd. I was in a car accident 3 years ago and physical therapy helped then but no problems since then. I know that pot is not so good for my liver but the only time I have energy to clean and do other things I am unable to is when I take a pain pill and take one hit of pot. I dont like to smoke but I need something to help me get stuff done I cant just lay around or I will get depressed.

Gail

Guest guest

Yes I did have neck and back injuries from it. But not one bothersome day in a couple of years. Where the main pain in my neck is is a different place than were I was hurt in the car accident.

Gail

Guest guest

I got hurt in 2places in my neck and 3 in my back.If either of the 3 injuries closest to my neck act up,I get sever headaces.Ask them to do a Bone Desity Xray.This disease also effects our bones and quite often we get ostioparosis from it.I am one that fits in

that catagory.

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of DoyleSent: May 28, 2008 6:20 AMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: RE: Checking in

Yes I did have neck and back injuries from it. But not one bothersome day in a couple of years. Where the main pain in my neck is is a different place than were I was hurt in the car accident.

Gail

Guest guest

Congtratulations!!! Just one question....does it feel strange NOT to

have to take your meds? Treatment is so long and does kinda fall

into a routine. I'd think it would feel weird just to stop...not

that I can't wait to be where you are right now! =)

>

> Hi, everyone.  Just wanted to check in this morning.  Today marks

my third week off tx.  My energy level and appetite are going up,

lol.  I went to the dr last Wednesday.  My vl shows that I am still

nondetectable at this point.  More blood tests taken at the last

visit to determine if my red and white counts are going back to

normal, and they are.  I stopped my antidepressants last Tuesday, so

I have been off them for a week now.  No bad side effects to report. 

Everything going well at this time.  Hope everyone else is doing

well.  Hugs, VickieG

>

Guest guest

Carleen, yes. It did feel strange. Actually I had a problem not taking my meds. At med time, I paced the floor because there was nothing to take. You r right, we get into a routine and habit of taking those meds at certain times of the day for 11 months and we miss it when we can't take them. However, that will pass soon and you will enjoy being off them. Hugs, VickieG

Re: Checking In

Congtratulations! !! Just one question.... does it feel strange NOT to have to take your meds? Treatment is so long and does kinda fall into a routine. I'd think it would feel weird just to stop...not that I can't wait to be where you are right now! =)>> Hi, everyone. Just wanted to check in this morning. Today marks my third week off tx. My energy level and appetite are going up, lol. I went to the dr last Wednesday. My vl shows that I am still nondetectable at this point. More blood tests taken at the last visit to determine if my red and white counts are going back to normal, and they

are. I stopped my antidepressants last Tuesday, so I have been off them for a week now. No bad side effects to report. Everything going well at this time. Hope everyone else is doing well. Hugs, VickieG>

Guest guest

Hey Vickie-- so everything sounds great! How's your energy been so far???

Blood test results sound good-- and know they will keep getting better.. Hoping you will have a FUN summer... do something special for yourself-- YOU DESERVE IT!!

Love, Dorsey

Subject: Checking InTo: hepatitiscsupportgroupfordummies Date: Tuesday, June 17, 2008, 11:23 AM

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to check in this morning. Today marks my third week off tx. My energy level and appetite are going up, lol. I went to the dr last Wednesday. My vl shows that I am still nondetectable at this point. More blood tests taken at the last visit to determine if my red and white counts are going back to normal, and they are. I stopped my antidepressants last Tuesday, so I have been off them for a week now. No bad side effects to report. Everything going well at this time. Hope everyone else is doing well. Hugs, VickieG

Guest guest

Hi, Dorsey. My energy is good now and improving. Able to stay up all day without resting between doing things. My sister-in-law gave me a message for my birthday last year. I saved it for after tx as a special reward. I'll be scheduling that real soon. Thank you Dorsey. Hugs, VickieG

[HepatitisCSupportG roupForDummies] Checking InTo: hepatitiscsupportgr oupfordummies@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, June 17, 2008, 11:23 AM

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to check in this morning. Today marks my third week off tx. My energy level and appetite are going up, lol. I went to the dr last Wednesday. My vl shows that I am still nondetectable at this point. More blood tests taken at the last visit to determine if my red and white counts are going back to normal, and they are. I stopped my antidepressants last Tuesday, so I have been off them for a week now. No bad side effects to report. Everything going well at this time. Hope everyone else is doing well. Hugs, VickieG

Guest guest

Vickie ~~

It's good to hear that you are continuing to get back to yourself. That's great news. And for the wonderful news of still undectable is such a gift. Keep taking good care of yourself and in no time you'll be a 100% you!!

Take Care,

Subject: Checking InTo: hepatitiscsupportgroupfordummies Date: Tuesday, June 17, 2008, 10:23 AM

Guest guest

Thank you, . I'm watching your progress too. You appear to be doing great. God bless you. Hugs, VickieG

[HepatitisCSupportG roupForDummies] Checking InTo: hepatitiscsupportgr oupfordummies@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, June 17, 2008, 10:23 AM

Guest guest

Thanks BJ, Jordana, and Dina foryour kind words, hope you are all

getting by OK.

nancy grace

> >

> > Hi all,

> >

> > I have not visited much. Thought I would update about my 11 yr

old

> > son, he has a diagnosis of selective mutism now. It has been a

factor

> > for quite some time but no one had put a name to it, so it is

helpful

> > now that I can say what it is (i.e he is not speaking at all to

> > adults or stangers unless I try to carefully " fade them in " to

> > conversation-i.e indirect and no pressue) and it fits with his

> > symptoms.

> >

> > Maybe it arose out of the heightened anxiety in 5th grade last

year

> > of dealing with OCD (contamination), sensory integration issues,

> > social anxiety, and I have always thought he had BDD too, but

since

> > the social anxiety accounts for alot of his social avoidance, I

don't

> > bring up the BDD b/c him thinking he is " ugly " is not something

he

> > wants people to know about. Last year the daily social " Morning

> > Meeting " in class may have triggered the " downfall " he

experienced

> > after doing quite well in 4th grade, or maybe it was bouts with

strep

> > throat-who knows. .

> >

> > He still hides his face behind his long hair, wears clothes that

> > cover all his skin, avoids eye contact, is ticcy with his hair

> > (always pulling on it), paces when nervous, still sleeps in a

chair

> > (he won't share rooms or anything with his brother due to

> > contamination ideas). I think he can look autistic to strangers.

> > Despite all this I still see him at home as a smart, articulate,

> > empathetic and thoughtful kid with alot of interests(pursued

mainly

> > via computer). He does not give me any trouble at home. He is

aware

> > of his OCD and does not expect me to make special accomodations

(as

> > was the case with his 2 older sisters' OCD's sometimes). He is

always

> > pretty compliant with me, even in things he does not want to do

> > go to appointments. It is with others that he totally freezes up.

I

> > am trying to transfer trust to other adults in his life, for

example

> > the school counselor with whom he does speak though hesitantly.

He

> > has not attended school this year and has only just been assigned

a

> > home tutor which will be a challenge (will we get him to speak

with

> > her?).

> >

> > His new IEP has made a referrral for a therapeutic day school. I

am

> > hopeful but it involves a long commute(travel is hard for him

> > carsickness etc). But if I can get the therapists there to

understand

> > him, to first work closely with me to get strategies for helping

him,

> > and to learn enough about OCD and selective mutism to realize non-

> > pressured and gradual approaches are needed, then maybe I can

ease

> > out of the equation a bit more and more and be able to work on

> > meeting needs of everyone in this family!

> >

> > My oldest daughter is attending a full course load of community

> > college now (big step for her-she was in Menninger prior) yet

still

> > does not drive so I so do alot of driving. My 16 yr old (who had

the

> > deathly eating disorder age 12 to 14/15) has been dx with things

> > since childhood like autsm, social anxiety, sensory integration,

> > schizotypal- all of these no longer apply, so that it is mostly

some

> > OCD and now NLD. I think she will always struggle with eating

well

> > and is monitored fo bone loss. But she is alot better, just that

we

> > are dealing with the type of attention-getting (in odd ways) and

> > interest in boys that I never thought would come up with her like

> > this!

> >

> > So those are the three " cases " in our family. Fortunately my

other 3

> > kids are OK. Though my 4th grade son has asthma, he is a good

> > student. My youngest just started kindergarten and (hooray!)

loves

> > it, and my 14 yr old dd just stared highschool as an independent

> > study student. So we are fairly stable now, it is mainly my son

who

> > needs figuring out. If day treatment staff is not completely

> > receptive to how I want him helped (gradual no pressure) then I

> > suppose we will regroup, but I'm hoping it is worth a try at

least.

> > Best wishes to all OCD parents and your kids, it is such a

challenge!

> >

> > nancy grace

> >

>

Guest guest

Oh ! I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so awful. I am so glad too that you went to the doc and are trying to take care of it. Sounds like a good doc, I hope all is well very quickly!

Hugs,

checking in

Hi there,

I went down for the count starting last Saturday. I wake up feeling so bad I can't do my morning workouts. It's not overtraining. I know what that feels like. I couldn't miss work, so I plowed through, and then came home and crashed early each night.

I walked between 2 to 3.5 miles most days just getting to and from work, and couldn't even carve out the time for yoga. My head wanted to explode (not migraine) and I started thinking my blood pressure had gone nuts. I saw my new doctor today. I really liked her. She listens. My BP was 103/75, so I'm not going to blow a gasket. She did a full physical and tons of labs because my symptoms are odd. My appetite is OK, though.

My doc thinks that I got hit with a virus, but she also saw stuff that made her suspect a thyroid problem or some other metabolic thing. I have no clue. I just know I feel really bad, but a tiny bit better each day. I'm off tomorrow. I think I can do yoga tomorrow. It'll be OK.

Guest guest

Oh ! I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so awful. I am so glad too that you went to the doc and are trying to take care of it. Sounds like a good doc, I hope all is well very quickly!

Hugs,

checking in

Hi there,

I went down for the count starting last Saturday. I wake up feeling so bad I can't do my morning workouts. It's not overtraining. I know what that feels like. I couldn't miss work, so I plowed through, and then came home and crashed early each night.

I walked between 2 to 3.5 miles most days just getting to and from work, and couldn't even carve out the time for yoga. My head wanted to explode (not migraine) and I started thinking my blood pressure had gone nuts. I saw my new doctor today. I really liked her. She listens. My BP was 103/75, so I'm not going to blow a gasket. She did a full physical and tons of labs because my symptoms are odd. My appetite is OK, though.

My doc thinks that I got hit with a virus, but she also saw stuff that made her suspect a thyroid problem or some other metabolic thing. I have no clue. I just know I feel really bad, but a tiny bit better each day. I'm off tomorrow. I think I can do yoga tomorrow. It'll be OK.

Guest guest

I hope it is just a virus and it's on its way out! Sorry you're feeling down!

Indyrose

>

> Hi there,

>

> I went down for the count starting last Saturday. I wake up feeling so bad I

> can't do my morning workouts. It's not overtraining. I know what that feels

> like. I couldn't miss work, so I plowed through, and then came home and

> crashed early each night.

>

> I walked between 2 to 3.5 miles most days just getting to and from work, and

> couldn't even carve out the time for yoga. My head wanted to explode (not

> migraine) and I started thinking my blood pressure had gone nuts. I saw my

> new doctor today. I really liked her. She listens. My BP was 103/75, so I'm

> not going to blow a gasket. She did a full physical and tons of labs because

> my symptoms are odd. My appetite is OK, though.

>

> My doc thinks that I got hit with a virus, but she also saw stuff that made

> her suspect a thyroid problem or some other metabolic thing. I have no clue.

> I just know I feel really bad, but a tiny bit better each day. I'm off

> tomorrow. I think I can do yoga tomorrow. It'll be OK.

>

>

>

Guest guest

I hope it is just a virus and it's on its way out! Sorry you're feeling down!

Indyrose

>

> Hi there,

>

> I went down for the count starting last Saturday. I wake up feeling so bad I

> can't do my morning workouts. It's not overtraining. I know what that feels

> like. I couldn't miss work, so I plowed through, and then came home and

> crashed early each night.

>

> I walked between 2 to 3.5 miles most days just getting to and from work, and

> couldn't even carve out the time for yoga. My head wanted to explode (not

> migraine) and I started thinking my blood pressure had gone nuts. I saw my

> new doctor today. I really liked her. She listens. My BP was 103/75, so I'm

> not going to blow a gasket. She did a full physical and tons of labs because

> my symptoms are odd. My appetite is OK, though.

>

> My doc thinks that I got hit with a virus, but she also saw stuff that made

> her suspect a thyroid problem or some other metabolic thing. I have no clue.

> I just know I feel really bad, but a tiny bit better each day. I'm off

> tomorrow. I think I can do yoga tomorrow. It'll be OK.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks ! I'm feeling a little better each day. It's not thyroid, thank goodness!!! This will pass.

Hugs,

checking in

Hi there,

I walked between 2 to 3.5 miles most days just getting to and from work, and couldn't even carve out the time for yoga. My head wanted to explode (not migraine) and I started thinking my blood pressure had gone nuts. I saw my new doctor today. I really liked her. She listens. My BP was 103/75, so I'm not going to blow a gasket. She did a full physical and tons of labs because my symptoms are odd. My appetite is OK, though.

Guest guest

Thanks ! I'm feeling a little better each day. It's not thyroid, thank goodness!!! This will pass.

Hugs,

checking in

Hi there,

I walked between 2 to 3.5 miles most days just getting to and from work, and couldn't even carve out the time for yoga. My head wanted to explode (not migraine) and I started thinking my blood pressure had gone nuts. I saw my new doctor today. I really liked her. She listens. My BP was 103/75, so I'm not going to blow a gasket. She did a full physical and tons of labs because my symptoms are odd. My appetite is OK, though.

Guest guest

I'm glad to hear the good news and that you're feeling at least a little better!

checking in

Hi there,

Guest guest

I'm glad to hear the good news and that you're feeling at least a little better!

checking in

Hi there,

Guest guest

checking in

Hi there,

Guest guest

I'm doing okay. I was in the same boat about 2 years ago, when both DH and I

were laid off within 6 weeks of each other. We survived. There were lessons

learned then that we won't repeat, such as wasting the days away. (Depression

tends to make a person lethargic.) We had also put away a lot more money in the

last year, just in case this did happen again. (I was against that, but I'm glad

he overruled me!)

I have a lot more of my work published on the web now where prospective

employers can see it, which is good for me!

Here's one example:

http://www.precisionhardware.com/media/T83703a.pdf

Not exactly a best seller, but it's what I do as an engineering technical

writer. (Yes, I wrote this from " scratch. " ) I have a lot more examples out

there, too. With my earlier employer, people needed a password to get to the

manuals.

Thanks for asking!

Indyrose

> > >

> > > Hi there,

> > >

> > > I went down for the count starting last Saturday. I wake up feeling so

> > bad I

> > > can't do my morning workouts. It's not overtraining. I know what that

> > feels

> > > like. I couldn't miss work, so I plowed through, and then came home and

> > > crashed early each night.

> > >

> > > I walked between 2 to 3.5 miles most days just getting to and from work,

> > and

> > > couldn't even carve out the time for yoga. My head wanted to explode (not

> > > migraine) and I started thinking my blood pressure had gone nuts. I saw

> > my

> > > new doctor today. I really liked her. She listens. My BP was 103/75, so

> > I'm

> > > not going to blow a gasket. She did a full physical and tons of labs

> > because

> > > my symptoms are odd. My appetite is OK, though.

> > >

> > > My doc thinks that I got hit with a virus, but she also saw stuff that

> > made

> > > her suspect a thyroid problem or some other metabolic thing. I have no

> > clue.

> > > I just know I feel really bad, but a tiny bit better each day. I'm off

> > > tomorrow. I think I can do yoga tomorrow. It'll be OK.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I'm doing okay. I was in the same boat about 2 years ago, when both DH and I

were laid off within 6 weeks of each other. We survived. There were lessons

learned then that we won't repeat, such as wasting the days away. (Depression

tends to make a person lethargic.) We had also put away a lot more money in the

last year, just in case this did happen again. (I was against that, but I'm glad

he overruled me!)

I have a lot more of my work published on the web now where prospective

employers can see it, which is good for me!

Here's one example:

http://www.precisionhardware.com/media/T83703a.pdf

Not exactly a best seller, but it's what I do as an engineering technical

writer. (Yes, I wrote this from " scratch. " ) I have a lot more examples out

there, too. With my earlier employer, people needed a password to get to the

manuals.

Thanks for asking!

Indyrose

> > >

> > > Hi there,

> > >

> > > I went down for the count starting last Saturday. I wake up feeling so

> > bad I

> > > can't do my morning workouts. It's not overtraining. I know what that

> > feels

> > > like. I couldn't miss work, so I plowed through, and then came home and

> > > crashed early each night.

> > >

> > > I walked between 2 to 3.5 miles most days just getting to and from work,

> > and

> > > couldn't even carve out the time for yoga. My head wanted to explode (not

> > > migraine) and I started thinking my blood pressure had gone nuts. I saw

> > my

> > > new doctor today. I really liked her. She listens. My BP was 103/75, so

> > I'm

> > > not going to blow a gasket. She did a full physical and tons of labs

> > because

> > > my symptoms are odd. My appetite is OK, though.

> > >

> > > My doc thinks that I got hit with a virus, but she also saw stuff that

> > made

> > > her suspect a thyroid problem or some other metabolic thing. I have no

> > clue.

> > > I just know I feel really bad, but a tiny bit better each day. I'm off

> > > tomorrow. I think I can do yoga tomorrow. It'll be OK.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>