RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

New here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son does not have gut trouble and we still do biomedical.  Behavioral issues stem from more than just leaky gut.  It can be yeast, bacteria, immune dysfunctions, etc.  You will find gains in self regulation, attention, focus, cognitive, language, reduction in stims, and whole lot more.  Biomed is definitely more than treating the gut although many kids do have gut trouble.  So yes, in my opinion, you should seek out biomedical help - but I'm biased!  :)  I believe in a biomedical approach.  You should really research which protocols are best for you and your son.  The main ones to research are DAN!, NIDS and Yasko.  If you would like, I have a bunch of stuff I put together to help those that are new to biomed that I would be happy to e-mail you with it.  Be forewarned, there is a lot of information there and it will lead you to more information.  Research, research, research!  Nothing requires you to make a decision *today*.  Make the best choices you can based on what you know at the time.  If the first choice doesn't work out, move on to the next.  Never give up!CherylHi everyone,My name is , I have a 5y.o. son who's diagnosed with PDD-NOS. I'mgoing to see DAN doctor on Tuesday. I tried reading your posts, andhonestly, most of the stuff sound like a foreign language to me :(I guess I have a long way to go to figure out this whole biomedicalapproach. I have a question. My son, when he was about 9 months old, developedan acid reflux, it was treated and by 13 months he was fine. Besidesthis, he never had any bowel problems, rashes, or allergies. We triedthe gluten/dairy free diet and he didn't improve, not at all. He wasnever tested for heavy metals, and that's the main reason why I wantto see DAN doctor. So, here is my question, do you think it makessense to try biomedical treatment if he doesn't seem to have anyproblems with his gut? He has a bad breath though...maybe there issomething going on but he has no symptoms? Thank you in advance for reading this.

Guest guest

, Your son sounds a little like my daughter. We began doing DAN about 3 yrs ago. It is overwhelming at first because there is so much out there. Take it one thing at a time. My daughter also showed no change with the diets. And she didn't have a lot of metals. But she is a viral kid and has constant battles with yeast. Every child is different. You know your child best and that's the key. What works for some may not work for you so don't get discouraged. What behaviors/characteristics does your son have that lead to the diagnosis? That's the one way to figure out what is going on sometimes? Good luck and Hang in there!!! Angieali7tanya wrote: Hi everyone,My name is , I have a 5y.o. son who's diagnosed with PDD-NOS. I'mgoing to see DAN doctor on Tuesday. I tried reading your posts, andhonestly, most of the stuff sound like a foreign language to me :(I guess I have a long way to go to figure out this whole biomedicalapproach. I have a question. My son, when he was about 9 months old, developedan acid reflux, it was treated and by 13 months he was fine. Besidesthis, he never had any bowel problems, rashes, or allergies. We triedthe gluten/dairy free diet and he didn't improve, not at all. He wasnever tested for heavy metals, and that's the main reason why I wantto see DAN doctor. So, here is my question, do you think it makessense to try biomedical treatment if he

doesn't seem to have anyproblems with his gut? He has a bad breath though...maybe there issomething going on but he has no symptoms? Thank you in advance for reading this.

Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo! Games.

Guest guest

Yes, biomedical

treatment is appropriate even if

there are not obvious gut issues. There is a lot more to biomedical than just treating the gut. You may also be

interested in the Yahoo group chelatingkids2 and autism-Mercury.

I would recommend

a couple of books to you.

“Children with Starving Brains”

by Dr. J McCandless

“Facing Autism” by Lynn Hamilton

“What Your Doctor May NOT Tell You

about Childhood Vaccinations” by Dr. S Cave.

Pamela

" Courage is doing

what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared. "

Eddie Rickenbacker,

top US

fighter ace, WWI

From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf Of ali7tanya

Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 2:23

PM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: New here

Hi everyone,

My name is , I have a 5y.o. son

who's diagnosed with PDD-NOS. I'm

going to see DAN doctor on Tuesday. I tried reading your posts, and

honestly, most of the stuff sound like a foreign language to me :(

I guess I have a long way to go to figure out this whole biomedical

approach.

I have a question. My son, when he was about 9 months old, developed

an acid reflux, it was treated and by 13 months he was fine. Besides

this, he never had any bowel problems, rashes, or allergies. We tried

the gluten/dairy free diet and he didn't improve, not at all. He was

never tested for heavy metals, and

that's the main reason why I want

to see DAN doctor. So, here is my question, do you think it makes

sense to try biomedical treatment if he doesn't seem to have any

problems with his gut? He has a bad breath though...maybe there is

something going on but he has no

symptoms?

Thank you in advance for reading this.

Guest guest

Thank you for your response, Charyl.

Please, email everything you have!

>

> > Hi everyone,

> > My name is , I have a 5y.o. son who's diagnosed with PDD-

NOS. I'm

> > going to see DAN doctor on Tuesday. I tried reading your posts,

and

> > honestly, most of the stuff sound like a foreign language to me :(

> > I guess I have a long way to go to figure out this whole

biomedical

> > approach.

> > I have a question. My son, when he was about 9 months old,

developed

> > an acid reflux, it was treated and by 13 months he was fine.

Besides

> > this, he never had any bowel problems, rashes, or allergies. We

tried

> > the gluten/dairy free diet and he didn't improve, not at all. He

was

> > never tested for heavy metals, and that's the main reason why I

want

> > to see DAN doctor. So, here is my question, do you think it makes

> > sense to try biomedical treatment if he doesn't seem to have any

> > problems with his gut? He has a bad breath though...maybe there is

> > something going on but he has no symptoms?

> > Thank you in advance for reading this.

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Angie,

My son is on the mild side of the spectrum. He's verbal, though not

very conversational. He has some verbal stims, but no others. He is a

picky eater, but getting MUCH better lately. Somethimes he's hyper,

and other times he's very mellow. Difficulty with consentration,

can't sit still, constantly moving or touching something. Impulsive.

Has problems controlling his emotions. Low muscle tone, but he's able

to ride a bike with training weels, loves his scooter. Gets tired

easily. He's very social, loves playing with kids and adults, but

there is a lot of room for improvement. I guess these are him major

issues.

I'm looking forward starting biomeds. Thank you for support :)

> Hi everyone,

> My name is , I have a 5y.o. son who's diagnosed with PDD-NOS.

I'm

> going to see DAN doctor on Tuesday. I tried reading your posts, and

> honestly, most of the stuff sound like a foreign language to me :(

> I guess I have a long way to go to figure out this whole biomedical

> approach.

> I have a question. My son, when he was about 9 months old, developed

> an acid reflux, it was treated and by 13 months he was fine. Besides

> this, he never had any bowel problems, rashes, or allergies. We

tried

> the gluten/dairy free diet and he didn't improve, not at all. He was

> never tested for heavy metals, and that's the main reason why I want

> to see DAN doctor. So, here is my question, do you think it makes

> sense to try biomedical treatment if he doesn't seem to have any

> problems with his gut? He has a bad breath though...maybe there is

> something going on but he has no symptoms?

> Thank you in advance for reading this.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a PS3 game guru.

> Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at

Yahoo! Games.

>

Guest guest

Pamela,

Thank you for the books recomendations!

There is a lot to learn.

>

> Yes, biomedical treatment is appropriate even if there are not

obvious gut

> issues. There is a lot more to biomedical than just treating the

gut. You

> may also be interested in the Yahoo group chelatingkids2 and autism-

Mercury.

>

>

>

>

> I would recommend a couple of books to you.

>

> " Children with Starving Brains " by Dr. J McCandless

>

> " Facing Autism " by Lynn Hamilton

>

> " What Your Doctor May NOT Tell You about Childhood Vaccinations " by

Dr. S

> Cave.

>

>

>

> Pamela

>

> " Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no

courage unless

> you're scared. "

>

> Eddie Rickenbacker, top US fighter ace, WWI

>

>

>

> _____

>

> From: mb12 valtrex

[mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On

> Behalf Of ali7tanya

> Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 2:23 PM

> To: mb12 valtrex

> Subject: New here

>

>

>

> Hi everyone,

> My name is , I have a 5y.o. son who's diagnosed with PDD-NOS.

I'm

> going to see DAN doctor on Tuesday. I tried reading your posts, and

> honestly, most of the stuff sound like a foreign language to me :(

> I guess I have a long way to go to figure out this whole biomedical

> approach.

> I have a question. My son, when he was about 9 months old, developed

> an acid reflux, it was treated and by 13 months he was fine. Besides

> this, he never had any bowel problems, rashes, or allergies. We

tried

> the gluten/dairy free diet and he didn't improve, not at all. He was

> never tested for heavy metals, and that's the main reason why I want

> to see DAN doctor. So, here is my question, do you think it makes

> sense to try biomedical treatment if he doesn't seem to have any

> problems with his gut? He has a bad breath though...maybe there is

> something going on but he has no symptoms?

> Thank you in advance for reading this.

>

Guest guest

So Cheryl, Have ever put your son on any diet? GF/CF maybe? My son has been on this diet but I don't see any benefits. He is not allergic to any foods. Sometimes I wonder if he needs it. There only time we so a bit of difference was when we just started the diet and had taken him off milk. since then nothing. Maybe dairy is what bothers him. I read somewhere that children born with autism usually find casein free to be helpful while those who got autism later fine glutein free to be helpful. I don't know how true that is. My son never developed typically, he spat up milk from when he was born untill we had to do an x-ray of his GI tract. Thanks Roselineali7tanya wrote: Thank you for your response, Charyl.Please, email everything you have! > > > Hi everyone,> > My name is , I have a 5y.o. son who's diagnosed with PDD-NOS. I'm> > going to see DAN doctor on Tuesday.

I tried reading your posts, and> > honestly, most of the stuff sound like a foreign language to me :(> > I guess I have a long way to go to figure out this whole biomedical> > approach.> > I have a question. My son, when he was about 9 months old, developed> > an acid reflux, it was treated and by 13 months he was fine. Besides> > this, he never had any bowel problems, rashes, or allergies. We tried> > the gluten/dairy free diet and he didn't improve, not at all. He was> > never tested for heavy metals, and that's the main reason why I want> > to see DAN doctor. So, here is my question, do you think it makes> > sense to try biomedical treatment if he doesn't seem to have any> > problems with his gut? He has a bad breath though...maybe there is> > something going on but he has no symptoms?> > Thank you in advance for

reading this.> >> >> >>

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV.

Guest guest

You may want to visit the website www.enzymestuff.com

There are many kids who do not benefit from diets but

do get great gains from enzymes. The enzymes help the

body break down and digest/absorb the food. There are

many benefits to using enzymes. Also, the trial period

for finding out if enzymes help is just 3 to 4 weeks.

--- roseline sampson wrote:

> So Cheryl,

> Have ever put your son on any diet? GF/CF maybe?

> My son has been on this diet but I don't see any

> benefits. He is not allergic to any foods. Sometimes

> I wonder if he needs it. There only time we so a bit

> of difference was when we just started the diet and

> had taken him off milk. since then nothing. Maybe

> dairy is what bothers him. I read somewhere that

> children born with autism usually find casein free

> to be helpful while those who got autism later fine

> glutein free to be helpful. I don't know how true

> that is. My son never developed typically, he spat

> up milk from when he was born untill we had to do an

> x-ray of his GI tract.

> Thanks Roseline

>

> ali7tanya wrote:

>

> Thank you for your response, Charyl.

> Please, email everything you have!

>

>

> >

> > > Hi everyone,

> > > My name is , I have a 5y.o. son who's

> diagnosed with PDD-

> NOS. I'm

> > > going to see DAN doctor on Tuesday. I tried

> reading your posts,

> and

> > > honestly, most of the stuff sound like a foreign

> language to me :(

> > > I guess I have a long way to go to figure out

> this whole

> biomedical

> > > approach.

> > > I have a question. My son, when he was about 9

> months old,

> developed

> > > an acid reflux, it was treated and by 13 months

> he was fine.

> Besides

> > > this, he never had any bowel problems, rashes,

> or allergies. We

> tried

> > > the gluten/dairy free diet and he didn't

> improve, not at all. He

> was

> > > never tested for heavy metals, and that's the

> main reason why I

> want

> > > to see DAN doctor. So, here is my question, do

> you think it makes

> > > sense to try biomedical treatment if he doesn't

> seem to have any

> > > problems with his gut? He has a bad breath

> though...maybe there is

> > > something going on but he has no symptoms?

> > > Thank you in advance for reading this.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's

> top picks on Yahoo! TV.

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play

Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

http://sims.yahoo.com/

Guest guest

what did the x-ray reveal?

Jen

Re: Re: New here

So Cheryl,

Have ever put your son on any diet? GF/CF maybe? My son has been on this diet but I don't see any benefits. He is not allergic to any foods. Sometimes I wonder if he needs it. There only time we so a bit of difference was when we just started the diet and had taken him off milk. since then nothing. Maybe dairy is what bothers him. I read somewhere that children born with autism usually find casein free to be helpful while those who got autism later fine glutein free to be helpful. I don't know how true that is. My son never developed typically, he spat up milk from when he was born untill we had to do an x-ray of his GI tract.

Thanks Roselineali7tanya <tatyana.aligmail> wrote:

Thank you for your response, Charyl.Please, email everything you have! --- I > believe in a biomedical approach. You should really research which > protocols are best for you and your son. The main ones to research > are DAN!, NIDS and Yasko. If you would like, I have a bunch of stuff > I put together to help those that are new to biomed that I would be > happy to e-mail you with it. Be forewarned, there is a lot of > information there and it will lead you to more information. > Research, research, research! Nothing requires you to make a > decision *today*. Make the best choices you can based on what you > know at the time. If the first choice doesn't work out, move on to > the next. Never give up!> > Cheryl> > > > > Hi everyone,> > My name is , I have a 5y.o. son who's diagnosed with PDD-NOS. I'm> > going to see DAN doctor on Tuesday. I tried reading your posts, and> > honestly, most of the stuff sound like a foreign language to me :(> > I guess I have a long way to go to figure out this whole biomedical> > approach.> > I have a question. My son, when he was about 9 months old, developed> > an acid reflux, it was treated and by 13 months he was fine. Besides> > this, he never had any bowel problems, rashes, or allergies. We tried> > the gluten/dairy free diet and he didn't improve, not at all. He was> > never tested for heavy metals, and that's the main reason why I want> > to see DAN doctor. So, here is my question, do you think it makes> > sense to try biomedical treatment if he doesn't seem to have any> > problems with his gut? He has a bad breath though...maybe there is> > something going on but he has no symptoms?> > Thank you in advance for reading this.> >> >> >>

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.11/838 - Release Date: 6/7/2007 2:21 PM

Guest guest

We did go gfcf but truly, it wasn't long enough.  I think we did it for about 2-3 weeks.  In that time, no, I didn't see any change although I didn't have much of a problem transitioning him since all he eats is chicken nuggets, pizza, crackers and fruit practically and he liked the gfcf pizza dough, nuggets and crackers I bought/made him.  He is dairy free - but *not* casein free.  He gets goat's milk products instead of bovine products.  I stopped the diet because there was some confusion between me and the doctor.  We do not see a DAN! dr but rather we are on the NIDS protocol so diet restrictions are not as intense but there are some.  It's true, the diet doesn't help everyone and some just need to go gluten *or* casein free instead of both.  It's hard to know without actually trying, though, I guess.  Dr. Goldberg doesn't like to put kids on GFCF or any other diet other than the NIDS diet until he feels he needs to (which doesn't happen often but occasionally he has).cherylSo Cheryl,Have ever put your son on any diet? GF/CF maybe? My son has been on this diet but I don't see any benefits. He is not allergic to any foods. Sometimes I wonder if he needs it. There only time we so a bit of difference was when we just started the diet and had taken him off milk. since then nothing. Maybe dairy is what bothers him. I read somewhere that children born with autism usually find casein free to be helpful while those who got autism later fine glutein free to be helpful. I don't know how true that is. My son never developed typically, he spat up milk from when he was born untill we had to do an x-ray of his GI tract.Thanks Roselineali7tanya <tatyana.aligmail> wrote:Thank you for your response, Charyl.Please, email everything you have! > > > Hi everyone,> > My name is , I have a 5y.o. son who's diagnosed with PDD-NOS. I'm> > going to see DAN doctor on Tuesday. I tried reading your posts, and> > honestly, most of the stuff sound like a foreign language to me :(> > I guess I have a long way to go to figure out this whole biomedical> > approach.> > I have a question. My son, when he was about 9 months old, developed> > an acid reflux, it was treated and by 13 months he was fine. Besides> > this, he never had any bowel problems, rashes, or allergies. We tried> > the gluten/dairy free diet and he didn't improve, not at all. He was> > never tested for heavy metals, and that's the main reason why I want> > to see DAN doctor. So, here is my question, do you think it makes> > sense to try biomedical treatment if he doesn't seem to have any> > problems with his gut? He has a bad breath though...maybe there is> > something going on but he has no symptoms?> > Thank you in advance for reading this.> >> >> >>Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV.

Guest guest

Thanks , I'll check out the site.

You may want to visit the website www.enzymestuff.com

There are many kids who do not benefit from diets but

do get great gains from enzymes. The enzymes help the

body break down and digest/absorb the food. There are

many benefits to using enzymes. Also, the trial period

for finding out if enzymes help is just 3 to 4 weeks.

--- roseline sampson wrote:

> So Cheryl,

> Have ever put your son on any diet? GF/CF maybe?

> My son has been on this diet but I don't see any

> benefits. He is not allergic to any foods. Sometimes

> I wonder if he needs it. There only time we so a bit

> of difference was when we just started the diet and

> had taken him off milk. since then nothing. Maybe

> dairy is what bothers him. I read somewhere that

> children born with autism usually find casein free

> to be helpful while those who got autism later fine

> glutein free to be helpful. I don't know how true

> that is. My son never developed typically, he spat

> up milk from when he was born untill we had to do an

> x-ray of his GI tract.

> Thanks Roseline

>

> ali7tanya wrote:

>

> Thank you for your response, Charyl.

> Please, email everything you have!

>

>

> >

> > > Hi everyone,

> > > My name is , I have a 5y.o. son who's

> diagnosed with PDD-

> NOS. I'm

> > > going to see DAN doctor on Tuesday. I tried

> reading your posts,

> and

> > > honestly, most of the stuff sound like a foreign

> language to me :(

> > > I guess I have a long way to go to figure out

> this whole

> biomedical

> > > approach.

> > > I have a question. My son, when he was about 9

> months old,

> developed

> > > an acid reflux, it was treated and by 13 months

> he was fine.

> Besides

> > > this, he never had any bowel problems, rashes,

> or allergies. We

> tried

> > > the gluten/dairy free diet and he didn't

> improve, not at all. He

> was

> > > never tested for heavy metals, and that's the

> main reason why I

> want

> > > to see DAN doctor. So, here is my question, do

> you think it makes

> > > sense to try biomedical treatment if he doesn't

> seem to have any

> > > problems with his gut? He has a bad breath

> though...maybe there is

> > > something going on but he has no symptoms?

> > > Thank you in advance for reading this.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's

> top picks on Yahoo! TV.

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

http://sims.yahoo.com/

-- Tatyana

Guest guest

Welcome to the group Penny! I am Jax or Jackie one of the co-owners and moderators of this group.

Sounds like you are getting yourself ready for treatment and thats good. After tp, it seems that many livers re-infect and actually reach a cirrhotic stage quicker than your original liver. Also, the reason your viral load was so low before your transplant is probably something we've seen several times,, as the liver get sicker and sicker, the vl and liver function tests such as alt/ast drop down lower and lower and sometimes even the ast/alt reach the 'normal' range but that is not a good thing,,, it means that your liver has gotten to sick that it cannot even make enough of those enzymes to leak and cause those enzymes to be elevated.. Did I say that in a clear way? Anyway, its just not a good thing when you are cirrhotic for the enzymes to drop really low or reach normal, its almost an ominous sign in fact. I have seen many ppl who have very low viral loads who have much damage to their livers too and others who have vl's

in the millions that have no damage.. there just doesnt not seem to have a consistent pattern with this virus and it affects us all so differently.

Anyway, welcome to the group, I hope you will find all the support you need. I can guarantee that you will find this one of hte best groups on the net,, we're a great family and we welcome you to it!

hugs

jaxJackie

Subject: New HereTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 11:04 AM

Hi,I am new here, but not new to Hepatitis C. My name is Penny. I'm 45 years old and have had Hepatitis C for 25 years. I don't have any idea how I got Hep C because I didn't have any risk factors. I had a liver transplant on January 6, 2008, and am doing much better since. I do still have Hepatitis C, though, and I will be starting Peg and ribivirin treatment very shortly. I have never done the treatment before because I was afraid of the side effects, and I just didn't think anything would happen to my liver. Boy, was I wrong! Now I have to do whatever I can to not let what happened to my original liver happen to my new liver. I am still afraid of the side effects, but it can't be anywhere near as bad as how sick I was before the transplant. My viral load is 30,000, and I am genotype 1a. My viral load was only 990 a year before my transplant. My body was doing a good job on its own

fighting the virus, but not good enough, obviously, since I developed cirrhosis and liver failure, and needed a transplant. I am here for support for starting the treatment and hearing others experiences on the treatment, as well as offer my support. If anyone would like to ask me anything about cirrhosis and the transplant, please feel free to do so. I will try to answer your questions.Penny

Guest guest

Thanks, Jackie. I knew about the AST/ALT in cirrhosis going back to

normal levels and what that means, but I didn't know about the viral

load going down so low from the liver being so sick. I've learned

something new already. I have a friend whose viral load is 6

million, and she has minimal damage to her liver, and she's had Hep C

longer than I have. My viral load has always been quite low.

Thanks again.

Penny

>

>

> Subject: New Here

> To: Hepatitis_C_Central

> Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 11:04 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi,

>

> I am new here, but not new to Hepatitis C. My name is Penny. I'm 45

> years old and have had Hepatitis C for 25 years. I don't have any

> idea how I got Hep C because I didn't have any risk factors. I had

a

> liver transplant on January 6, 2008, and am doing much better

since.

> I do still have Hepatitis C, though, and I will be starting Peg and

> ribivirin treatment very shortly. I have never done the treatment

> before because I was afraid of the side effects, and I just didn't

> think anything would happen to my liver. Boy, was I wrong! Now I

> have to do whatever I can to not let what happened to my original

> liver happen to my new liver. I am still afraid of the side

effects,

> but it can't be anywhere near as bad as how sick I was before the

> transplant. My viral load is 30,000, and I am genotype 1a. My viral

> load was only 990 a year before my transplant. My body was doing a

> good job on its own fighting the virus, but not good enough,

> obviously, since I developed cirrhosis and liver failure, and

needed

> a transplant. I am here for support for starting the treatment and

> hearing others experiences on the treatment, as well as offer my

> support. If anyone would like to ask me anything about cirrhosis

and

> the transplant, please feel free to do so. I will try to answer

your

> questions.

>

> Penny

>

Guest guest

yes, it 'can' do that,, it just seems that anything is possible with this danged virus,, I think that THAT is why its been so hard for the researchers to find something that works for all of us..Jackie

Subject: Re: New HereTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 12:37 PM

Thanks, Jackie. I knew about the AST/ALT in cirrhosis going back to normal levels and what that means, but I didn't know about the viral load going down so low from the liver being so sick. I've learned something new already. I have a friend whose viral load is 6 million, and she has minimal damage to her liver, and she's had Hep C longer than I have. My viral load has always been quite low.Thanks again.Penny> > From: preciouspenny3 <preciouspenny3@ ...>> Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] New Here> To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com> Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 11:04 AM> > > > > > > Hi,> > I am new here, but not new to Hepatitis C. My name is Penny. I'm 45 > years old and have had Hepatitis C for 25 years. I don't have any > idea how I got Hep C because I didn't have any risk

factors. I had a > liver transplant on January 6, 2008, and am doing much better since. > I do still have Hepatitis C, though, and I will be starting Peg and > ribivirin treatment very shortly. I have never done the treatment > before because I was afraid of the side effects, and I just didn't > think anything would happen to my liver. Boy, was I wrong! Now I > have to do whatever I can to not let what happened to my original > liver happen to my new liver. I am still afraid of the side effects, > but it can't be anywhere near as bad as how sick I was before the > transplant. My viral load is 30,000, and I am genotype 1a. My viral > load was only 990 a year before my transplant. My body was doing a > good job on its own fighting the virus, but not good enough, > obviously, since I developed cirrhosis and liver failure, and needed > a transplant. I

am here for support for starting the treatment and > hearing others experiences on the treatment, as well as offer my > support. If anyone would like to ask me anything about cirrhosis and > the transplant, please feel free to do so. I will try to answer your > questions.> > Penny>

Guest guest

So glad your here Penny :) I am ESLD, Geno 3a and have a MELD score that went from MELD 11 to MELD 7 -3 weeks after I started treatment. I have had minimal side effects that have not affected my quality of life...yet :) Hoping this lasts for at least another couple of months. The positive stuff is they cut my water pills in half as my ascites has completely resolved on 3 weeks of Tx. My CT Scan actually showed improvement in my liver and everything else is fine as before. Per my Hepatologist at Mayo Clinic in Florida the nodules on my liver are disappearing. I had Roseasa and small to large warts that have completely disappeared. I just had my psychiatric visit and she is so pleased with how I am doing she asked if she could give out my phone number to other HepC patients of hers :) I said sure as long as they don't have any baggage other than HepC.

I don't have any questions yet on transplant but as soon as I am on the list I am sure I will have tons. Oh I do have one question ..no 2 :) What was your MELD Score when you finally got your transplant? How sick were you prior to transplant, like what was failing organ wise.

Subject: New HereTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 2:04 PM

Hi,I am new here, but not new to Hepatitis C. My name is Penny. I'm 45 years old and have had Hepatitis C for 25 years. I don't have any idea how I got Hep C because I didn't have any risk factors. I had a liver transplant on January 6, 2008, and am doing much better since. I do still have Hepatitis C, though, and I will be starting Peg and ribivirin treatment very shortly. I have never done the treatment before because I was afraid of the side effects, and I just didn't think anything would happen to my liver. Boy, was I wrong! Now I have to do whatever I can to not let what happened to my original liver happen to my new liver. I am still afraid of the side effects, but it can't be anywhere near as bad as how sick I was before the transplant. My viral load is 30,000, and I am genotype 1a. My viral load was only 990 a year before my transplant. My body was doing a good job on its own

fighting the virus, but not good enough, obviously, since I developed cirrhosis and liver failure, and needed a transplant. I am here for support for starting the treatment and hearing others experiences on the treatment, as well as offer my support. If anyone would like to ask me anything about cirrhosis and the transplant, please feel free to do so. I will try to answer your questions.Penny

Guest guest

Hi ,

I'm glad your treatment is going well. I hope mine will go as well

with minimal side effects too. That's great about your ascites

resolving too. Ascites is so uncomfortable. I had a paracentesis

done three different times before my transplant getting 7 litres of

fluid each time.

My MELD score was 29 at transplant. My liver was failing, of course,

and my kidneys were about to fail, but they got that under control

before it came to that so my kidneys are fine now. I was very lucky

to get a transplant only one month after being put on the list. They

were afraid I would run out of time waiting on a liver and strongly

suggested I find a living donor to donate part of their liver until a

whole liver could be found, which would have meant two surgeries.

Because I have Hep C, a partial liver would not have been good enough

except to keep me alive long enough to get a whole one.

Take care.

Penny

>

>

> Subject: New Here

> To: Hepatitis_C_Central

> Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 2:04 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi,

>

> I am new here, but not new to Hepatitis C. My name is Penny. I'm 45

> years old and have had Hepatitis C for 25 years. I don't have any

> idea how I got Hep C because I didn't have any risk factors. I had

a

> liver transplant on January 6, 2008, and am doing much better

since.

> I do still have Hepatitis C, though, and I will be starting Peg and

> ribivirin treatment very shortly. I have never done the treatment

> before because I was afraid of the side effects, and I just didn't

> think anything would happen to my liver. Boy, was I wrong! Now I

> have to do whatever I can to not let what happened to my original

> liver happen to my new liver. I am still afraid of the side

effects,

> but it can't be anywhere near as bad as how sick I was before the

> transplant. My viral load is 30,000, and I am genotype 1a. My viral

> load was only 990 a year before my transplant. My body was doing a

> good job on its own fighting the virus, but not good enough,

> obviously, since I developed cirrhosis and liver failure, and

needed

> a transplant. I am here for support for starting the treatment and

> hearing others experiences on the treatment, as well as offer my

> support. If anyone would like to ask me anything about cirrhosis

and

> the transplant, please feel free to do so. I will try to answer

your

> questions.

>

> Penny

>

Guest guest

Penny,, I forgot to tell you that vl really varies wildly and really isnt important unless you are treating and then it can be a good indication if tx is working.. so if its going down while you're on tx, thats a good sign,, if it drops , and you're not tx, that does not mean alot without the other lfts drop too.. as I said, viral load is really not significant unless you're on txJackie

Subject: Re: New HereTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 12:37 PM

Thanks, Jackie. I knew about the AST/ALT in cirrhosis going back to normal levels and what that means, but I didn't know about the viral load going down so low from the liver being so sick. I've learned something new already. I have a friend whose viral load is 6 million, and she has minimal damage to her liver, and she's had Hep C longer than I have. My viral load has always been quite low.Thanks again.Penny> > From: preciouspenny3 <preciouspenny3@ ...>> Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] New Here> To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com> Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 11:04 AM> > > > > > > Hi,> > I am new here, but not new to Hepatitis C. My name is Penny. I'm 45 > years old and have had Hepatitis C for 25 years. I don't have any > idea how I got Hep C because I didn't have any risk

factors. I had a > liver transplant on January 6, 2008, and am doing much better since. > I do still have Hepatitis C, though, and I will be starting Peg and > ribivirin treatment very shortly. I have never done the treatment > before because I was afraid of the side effects, and I just didn't > think anything would happen to my liver. Boy, was I wrong! Now I > have to do whatever I can to not let what happened to my original > liver happen to my new liver. I am still afraid of the side effects, > but it can't be anywhere near as bad as how sick I was before the > transplant. My viral load is 30,000, and I am genotype 1a. My viral > load was only 990 a year before my transplant. My body was doing a > good job on its own fighting the virus, but not good enough, > obviously, since I developed cirrhosis and liver failure, and needed > a transplant. I

am here for support for starting the treatment and > hearing others experiences on the treatment, as well as offer my > support. If anyone would like to ask me anything about cirrhosis and > the transplant, please feel free to do so. I will try to answer your > questions.> > Penny>

Guest guest

Penny

I am a big believer in positive energy and the human will to over come any thing. Its never failed me but this is a whole new ball game eh :) What has gotten me this far without blowing my brains out is a diet that was developed by a Dr of Nutrition at our local hospital here. I owe my PhD Nutrition much credit for how well I am doing. I have a great psychiatrist who gave me head meds as Don calls them :) The rest was up to me and my Doctors at Mayo Clinic. So far so good but as you know it can all go bad in seconds.

I'll say it again... I am soooooo glad you are here!!!!!

Subject: Re: New HereTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 10:09 PM

Hi ,I'm glad your treatment is going well. I hope mine will go as well with minimal side effects too. That's great about your ascites resolving too. Ascites is so uncomfortable. I had a paracentesis done three different times before my transplant getting 7 litres of fluid each time.My MELD score was 29 at transplant. My liver was failing, of course, and my kidneys were about to fail, but they got that under control before it came to that so my kidneys are fine now. I was very lucky to get a transplant only one month after being put on the list. They were afraid I would run out of time waiting on a liver and strongly suggested I find a living donor to donate part of their liver until a whole liver could be found, which would have meant two surgeries. Because I have Hep C, a partial liver would not have been good enough except to keep me alive long enough to get a whole

one.Take care.Penny > > From: preciouspenny3 <preciouspenny3@ ...>> Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] New Here> To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com> Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 2:04 PM> > > >

> > > Hi,> > I am new here, but not new to Hepatitis C. My name is Penny. I'm 45 > years old and have had Hepatitis C for 25 years. I don't have any > idea how I got Hep C because I didn't have any risk factors. I had a > liver transplant on January 6, 2008, and am doing much better since. > I do still have Hepatitis C, though, and I will be starting Peg and > ribivirin treatment very shortly. I have never done the treatment > before because I was afraid of the side effects, and I just didn't > think anything would happen to my liver. Boy, was I wrong! Now I > have to do whatever I can to not let what happened to my original > liver happen to my new liver. I am still afraid of the side effects, > but it can't be anywhere near as bad as how sick I was before the > transplant. My viral load is 30,000, and I am genotype 1a. My viral

> load was only 990 a year before my transplant. My body was doing a > good job on its own fighting the virus, but not good enough, > obviously, since I developed cirrhosis and liver failure, and needed > a transplant. I am here for support for starting the treatment and > hearing others experiences on the treatment, as well as offer my > support. If anyone would like to ask me anything about cirrhosis and > the transplant, please feel free to do so. I will try to answer your > questions.> > Penny>

Guest guest

Welcome to the group Penny , I am one of the coowners here . Sorry I didnt get a chance to welcome you sooner .

New Here

Hi,I am new here, but not new to Hepatitis C. My name is Penny. I'm 45 years old and have had Hepatitis C for 25 years. I don't have any idea how I got Hep C because I didn't have any risk factors. I had a liver transplant on January 6, 2008, and am doing much better since. I do still have Hepatitis C, though, and I will be starting Peg and ribivirin treatment very shortly. I have never done the treatment before because I was afraid of the side effects, and I just didn't think anything would happen to my liver. Boy, was I wrong! Now I have to do whatever I can to not let what happened to my original liver happen to my new liver. I am still afraid of the side effects, but it can't be anywhere near as bad as how sick I was before the transplant. My viral load is 30,000, and I am genotype 1a. My viral load was only 990 a year before my transplant. My body was doing a good job on its own fighting the virus, but not good enough, obviously, since I developed cirrhosis and liver failure, and needed a transplant. I am here for support for starting the treatment and hearing others experiences on the treatment, as well as offer my support. If anyone would like to ask me anything about cirrhosis and the transplant, please feel free to do so. I will try to answer your questions.Penny

Guest guest

Hi Penny and welcome,

I know you will get the support and answers that you need here. And if

no one knows the answer Liz will or will find it. It's a great group

Wish you well

Debbie

Guest guest

Thank you and everyone else for welcoming me. You already seem like a

great group of people!

Thanks.

Penny

>

> Hi Penny and welcome,

> I know you will get the support and answers that you need here. And

if

> no one knows the answer Liz will or will find it. It's a great group

> Wish you well

> Debbie

>

Guest guest

I am Jacquie a homeschooling SAHM to one 8 year old son whom seems to have

thoughts he can't control. These thoughts are of harming me. I researched on the

net and discovered OCD. Does anyone else have a child who has these thoughts? I

really need to learn how to help him and deal with these thoughts. Any help

would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Jacquie

Guest guest

Hi Jacquie,

Just a quick note to say, " Welcome "

I'm glad you joined this group. Lots of support and caring people here!!

I have two kids with OCD, 12yr old dd, and 7 yr old ds. My son has the " bad

thoughts " which include harming me. Have you brought him for any CBT/ERP

therapy? That is the first step. Depending on his severity, the doctor may also

prescribe a med. There are many books on childhood OCD at the bookstore and/or

Library.

You can start by looking in the " files " section of the group here also.

We are here if you need us!

A little tip to start is to tell him that his mind is giving him these bad

thoughts because it is like a hiccup. It keeps coming and won't go away.This

will help him to realize he is not going crazy. Is he feeling a lot of anxiety

with the thoughts? You can also have him name the thoughts, like the OCD Monster

or something and tell him to boss him away.

Hugs

Judy

To:

Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 3:16:13 PM

Subject: New here

I am Jacquie a homeschooling SAHM to one 8 year old son whom seems to have

thoughts he can't control. These thoughts are of harming me. I researched on the

net and discovered OCD. Does anyone else have a child who has these thoughts? I

really need to learn how to help him and deal with these thoughts. Any help

would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Jacquie

Guest guest

Hi Jacquie, welcome! Does sound like OCD. Have you had a chance to

read much yet on OCD? Some good sites that include info about

therapy, treatment:

http://ocfoundation.org

http://www.worrywisekids.org/anxiety/ocd.html

http://westsuffolkpsych.homestead.com/Articles.html

The articles on above site about morbid obsessions and violent ones

may help you. Plus some of the others, too, about OCD and treatment.

Your son certainly isn't the only child to have thoughts like that.

Other parents here (over the years I've been a member of the group)

have had children with same/similar thoughts. Can be very upsetting

to the child AND to the parent.

There are some really good children's books about OCD too. Once your

son understands a bit about OCD and thoughts (and even other type OC

behaviors), it should reassure him that the thoughts are NOT *him*.

Below is a site you can scroll down to the children's books about

OCD. I'm not recommending this site to buy from (shop around for

price$), just that it has a long list of books about OCD:

http://understanding_ocd.tripod.com/ocd_books.html

I guess right now you can talk to him about OCD and that the thoughts

are actually " common " for OCD, they are NOT him. People don't follow

through with their OCD thoughts, meaning he won't harm you (if he

worries about that). And you both learning together about OCD and

treatment.

Just some quick thoughts of my own right now, let us know how it's

going! This is a great place to ask questions, just " vent " about OCD

and find some support and encouragement and lots of empathy.

single mom, 3 sons

, 19, OCD, dysgraphia and Aspergers

>

>

> I am Jacquie a homeschooling SAHM to one 8 year old son whom seems

to have thoughts he can't control. These thoughts are of harming me.

I researched on the net and discovered OCD. Does anyone else have a

child who has these thoughts? I really need to learn how to help him

Guest guest

Hi there,

Looks like you have gotten some great advice here. It helped me to look at all

the files on this groups yahoo page. There is a lot of good information there.

Welcome to the group, it surely is a lifesaver and a great way to find your way

through the maze of OCD.