Guest guest

I dont remember it.However in the process of researching isometric exercisers I

did turn up a few references to it.Its certainly an interesting looking

device.With some difficulty I was eventually able to track down a few newspaper

adverts for the device.I am wondering why it is still not available today as I

would love to get my hands on one.I have in fact seen a vintage one for sale on

a foreign website.Ed

>

> I've just uploaded a photo of a Telepander.

>

> Does anyone remember this exerciser.

>

> Here in Australia it was sold by Bullworker Service going back about 40yrs

ago. But I haven't seen it since.

>

Guest guest

>

>

>

>

Thanks.I just checked your picture out.Is the same as the one I found and have

saved.If anyone is interested in following this up because of its connection

both with isometrics and Bullworker there are a few adverts out there on the net

culled from old newspapers of the day.One I have saved reads.....Why do 10,000

men around the world use Telepander to build power-packed muscles.Ed

Guest guest

>

>

>

>

In passing if anyone has an interest in another Pre -Bullworker exerciser that

looks very basic, a search for Z bar might educate or even amuse.Judging from

the box that I have have a picture of, it must have been brought out in the

early sixties when there was a bit of an isometrics craze.The box has written on

it...One minute a day will keep you physically fit through isometric exercises

with the new Z Bar.Elsewhere is written increase your strength in

weeks.....and.....Works wonders for the whole family.I have a picture of the

device itself and it has no moving parts as far as I can see.It is a z shaped

piece of chromed metal that is pulled on and possibly pushed as well.

Despite the fact that I would think its about as rare as hens teeth.I have seen

one for sale on the net.Ed

Guest guest

I have a telepander. Bought it many years ago. I never used it too much. Have kept it in the basement all these years. Not really sure what kind of shape it's in.

Re: Telepander Isometric Exerciser

>> I've just uploaded a photo of a Telepander.> > Does anyone remember this exerciser.> > Here in Australia it was sold by Bullworker Service going back about 40yrs ago. But I haven't seen it since.>In passing if anyone has an interest in another Pre -Bullworker exerciser that looks very basic, a search for Z bar might educate or even amuse.Judging from the box that I have have a picture of, it must have been brought out in the early sixties when there was a bit of an isometrics craze.The box has written on it...One minute a day will keep you physically fit through isometric exercises with the new Z Bar.Elsewhere is written increase your strength in weeks.....and.....Works wonders for the whole family.I have a picture of the device itself and it has no moving parts as far as I can see.It is a z shaped piece of chromed metal that is pulled on and possibly pushed as well.Despite the fact that I would think its about as rare as hens teeth.I have seen one for sale on the net.Ed

Guest guest

> >

> > I've just uploaded a photo of a Telepander.

> >

> > Does anyone remember this exerciser.

> >

> > Here in Australia it was sold by Bullworker Service going back about 40yrs

> >

> In passing if anyone has an interest in another Pre -Bullworker exerciser

that looks very basic, a search for Z bar might educate or even amuse.Judging

from the box that I have have a picture of, it must have been brought out in the

early sixties when there was a bit of an isometrics craze.The box has written on

>

> Despite the fact that I would think its about as rare as hens teeth.I have

seen one for sale on the net.Ed

>

Guest guest

I believe Gert Frobe (sp?).

Re: Telepander Isometric Exerciser

> >> > I've just uploaded a photo of a Telepander.> > > > Does anyone remember this exerciser.> > > > Here in Australia it was sold by Bullworker Service going back about 40yrs ago. But I haven't seen it since.> >> In passing if anyone has an interest in another Pre -Bullworker exerciser that looks very basic, a search for Z bar might educate or even amuse.Judging from the box that I have have a picture of, it must have been brought out in the early sixties when there was a bit of an isometrics craze.The box has written on it...One minute a day will keep you physically fit through isometric exercises with the new Z Bar.Elsewhere is written increase your strength in weeks.....and.....Works wonders for the whole family.I have a picture of the device itself and it has no moving parts as far as I can see.It is a z shaped piece of chromed metal that is pulled on and possibly pushed as well.> > Despite the fact that I would think its about as rare as hens teeth.I have seen one for sale on the net.Ed>

Guest guest

Wow, I can't believe you mentioned the Z Bar ... I have one! I bought it on ebay two or three years ago, and seem to remember paying around 5 dollars for it. It came in the original box, with an illustrated instruction chart enclosed. It says on the chart "Z" Bar Sales Corp. Box 2553, ton, W. Va. Copyright 1963 by Wilford R. . The chart shows an older gentleman in slacks, dress shirt and tie, performing the exercises. The first exercise is pulling out on each handle at chest level, then move the hands downward below the belt, then push in on bar and return to starting position. Another exercise shows him bending over with one handle under his right foot, pulling up with his right hand, then doing the same on the other side. Six exercises are shown in all, and all but two (the first one

and the last one -- holding the bar overhead and pulling out on the handles) are done on both sides. The ones done on both sides are counted separately, giving a total of "10" exercises.On the back of the chart it says:"Exercise without movement, one minute a day for physical fitness, strength, and health. Functional isometric contraction is a system of strength-building exercise without movement -- strength through the static resistance of the muscles. Development of tension without a change in muscle length is known as isometric or static contraction. Tension developed in a muscle is the stimulus necessary for strength improvement. Strength and tone of muscles can be developed through isometric contraction. Isometrics, as a form of physical fitness, means mental fitness too, means a more attractive body; and it means more endurance, more energy, and the expectancy of a longer and fuller life. To obtain a maximum of benefit it is

necessary to exert a maximum force against this immovable object. This maximum force is exerted for 6 to 12 seconds. A muscle can grow only so fast regardless of how many exercises you practice. It is possible that an average person can gain five percent a week in strength and in a twenty-week period can double in strength and will increase capillary action to forty percent. A momentary shortage of oxygen causes the tiny blood vessels, the capillaries, to grow stronger and with that the muscle grows stronger too. The muscle must be overloaded to cause it to increase in strength and muscle tone. This method is fairly new having been used in rehabilitation work and just come into its own in athletics in the last few years. It has been shown that an almost total retention of strength will be held for a year after a six-week training period. Muscular strength is attributed in part to the nervous system. The findings also indicate better relaxation because

of greater use of nervous pathways. Don't overwork. One repetition in each exercise is enough. Ten exercises six seconds each one minute per day. Your maximum goal is ten exercises twelve seconds each, once in the morning and once in the evening. Two minutes per day. There is no valid excuse in the future to be out of shape, out of muscle tone, to be fat, flabby when it is so easy to keep fit, strong, and healthy."It is indeed a *very* basic little device, but rather clever. It looks like a little silver bar, about a foot long, in the shape of a Z. The "handles", forming the top and bottom of the Z are about 4" long, with a heavy clear plastic tube around them and black rubber caps on the ends. To: bullworkerclub Sent: Sun, April 4, 2010 5:02:25 PMSubject: Re: Telepander Isometric Exerciser

>

>

>

> Here in Australia it was sold by Bullworker Service going back about 40yrs ago. But I haven't seen it since.

>

In passing if anyone has an interest in another Pre -Bullworker exerciser that looks very basic, a search for Z bar might educate or even amuse.Judging from the box that I have have a picture of, it must have been brought out in the early sixties when there was a bit of an isometrics craze.The box has written on it...One minute a day will keep you physically fit through isometric exercises with the new Z Bar.Elsewhere is written increase your strength in weeks.....and. ....Works wonders for the whole family.I have a picture of the device itself and it has no moving parts as far as I can see.It is a z shaped piece of chromed metal that is pulled on and possibly pushed as well.

Despite the fact that I would think its about as rare as hens teeth.I have seen one for sale on the net.Ed

Guest guest

Well Bob if he did that is certainly very interesting indeed as a bit of

Bullworker history.He certainly has been quite a creative force.Its late here in

the UK so I wont write any more.Thanks for that.Anyone else have any ideas

here?Ed

> > >

> > > I've just uploaded a photo of a Telepander.

> > >

> > > Does anyone remember this exerciser.

> > >

> > > Here in Australia it was sold by Bullworker Service going back about

40yrs ago. But I haven't seen it since.

> > >

> > In passing if anyone has an interest in another Pre -Bullworker exerciser

from the box that I have have a picture of, it must have been brought out in the

> >

> > Despite the fact that I would think its about as rare as hens teeth.I have

> >

>

Guest guest

Bob,you know only the other day I made the mistake of thinking Gert Frobe was

the inventor of the Bullworker.Believe me its easy to do with those foreign

names.I read your post and despite correcting myself only days before I made the

same mistake again.

Gert F Koebel invented the Bullworker.Gert Frobe was the actor who played Auric

Goldfinger in Goldfinger.Maybe we {or at least me} are getting old.With a smile

Ed

> > >

> > >

> > >

40yrs ago. But I haven't seen it since.

> > >

> > In passing if anyone has an interest in another Pre -Bullworker exerciser

> >

> > Despite the fact that I would think its about as rare as hens teeth.I have

> >

>

Guest guest

> >

> > I've just uploaded a photo of a Telepander.

> >

> > Does anyone remember this exerciser.

> >

> > Here in Australia it was sold by Bullworker Service going back about 40yrs

> >

> In passing if anyone has an interest in another Pre -Bullworker exerciser that

looks very basic, a search for Z bar might educate or even amuse.Judging from

the box that I have have a picture of, it must have been brought out in the

with the new Z Bar.Elsewhere is written increase your strength in weeks.....and.

.....Works wonders for the whole family.I have a picture of the device itself and

it has no moving parts as far as I can see.It is a z shaped piece of chromed

metal that is pulled on and possibly pushed as well.

>

> Despite the fact that I would think its about as rare as hens teeth.I have

>

Guest guest

>

>

>

>

There been quite a lot of traffic on this topic so here is something in addition

to the excellent photo you have given us.It a bit more history in terms of

photos.I did a search on Google and on page 2 found an auction site in Sweden

which has several more pictures of a Telepander.Search just the word

Telepander,find page 2 and look down till you see kulttrainingredskap and some

more writing.Click on translate and you will find pics.

I am pretty incompetent with computers so perhaps some kind person might like to

copy and send to this site to join the other historical pic.Have fun.Ed

Guest guest

I found this, I think it's in Dutch.http://sport.marktplaats.nl/fitness/327933277-telepander.html

Manojhttp://www.inkbugdesign.comQuality Book Cover Design, Logos, Cartoons and More

>

>

>

> Here in Australia it was sold by Bullworker Service going back about 40yrs ago. But I haven't seen it since.

>

There been quite a lot of traffic on this topic so here is something in addition to the excellent photo you have given us.It a bit more history in terms of photos.I did a search on Google and on page 2 found an auction site in Sweden which has several more pictures of a Telepander.Search just the word Telepander,find page 2 and look down till you see kulttrainingredskap and some more writing.Click on translate and you will find pics.

I am pretty incompetent with computers so perhaps some kind person might like to copy and send to this site to join the other historical pic.Have fun.Ed

Guest guest

Thanks Manoj,I had seen this one earlier.The one I refer to was Swedish as I

checked the auction site on Wiki.If you can find that one also it would be great

as it shows one of the devices in action in a move that looks like a Bullworker

type one.

Thanks again however as it gives readers to the forum an idea not only about

what we are talking about but an idea that predated Bullworker but relates to it

as a bit of history.

By the way the the Telepander on the Swedish site sold for just under a hundred

UK pounds, so that might interest those that have them.Ed

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > 40yrs ago. But I haven't seen it since.

> > >

> >

> > There been quite a lot of traffic on this topic so here is something in

> > addition to the excellent photo you have given us.It a bit more history in

> > terms of photos.I did a search on Google and on page 2 found an auction site

> > in Sweden which has several more pictures of a Telepander.Search just the

> > word Telepander,find page 2 and look down till you see kulttrainingredskap

> > and some more writing.Click on translate and you will find pics.

> >

> > I am pretty incompetent with computers so perhaps some kind person might

> > like to copy and send to this site to join the other historical pic.Have

> > fun.Ed

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I think this is the one you mean Ed:http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en & sl=sv & u=http://www.tradera.com/-KULT-TRANINGSREDSKAP-60-TAL-Mag-och-Muskelbyggare-auktion_250302_109137943 & ei=Jju7S_TuJsKvrAfnlvWhBw & sa=X & oi=translate & ct=result & resnum=10 & ved=0CCwQ7gEwCTgU & prev=/search%3Fq%3Dtelepander%26start%3D20%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26client%3Dopera%26hs%3DfMU%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den

If you scroll down there is a photo of the Telepander being used " Bullworker style " .I also found this:http://clarkhatchimages.com/

Check the second row of images.Cheers,Manojhttp://www.inkbugdesign.comQuality Book Cover Design, Logos, Cartoons and More

Thanks Manoj,I had seen this one earlier.The one I refer to was Swedish as I checked the auction site on Wiki.If you can find that one also it would be great as it shows one of the devices in action in a move that looks like a Bullworker type one.

Thanks again however as it gives readers to the forum an idea not only about what we are talking about but an idea that predated Bullworker but relates to it as a bit of history.

By the way the the Telepander on the Swedish site sold for just under a hundred UK pounds, so that might interest those that have them.Ed

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > 40yrs ago. But I haven't seen it since.

> > >

> >

> > There been quite a lot of traffic on this topic so here is something in

> > addition to the excellent photo you have given us.It a bit more history in

> > terms of photos.I did a search on Google and on page 2 found an auction site

> > in Sweden which has several more pictures of a Telepander.Search just the

> > word Telepander,find page 2 and look down till you see kulttrainingredskap

> > and some more writing.Click on translate and you will find pics.

> >

> > I am pretty incompetent with computers so perhaps some kind person might

> > like to copy and send to this site to join the other historical pic.Have

> > fun.Ed

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank Manoj,that is indeed the site I mentioned.Kind of you to put it on for all

of us in the forum.

The other black and white photograph was in fact attached to the posting that

started this whole ball rolling and we can thank fbiram for that,who is down in

Austalia.

> > > > >

> > > > > I've just uploaded a photo of a Telepander.

> > > > >

> > > > > Does anyone remember this exerciser.

> > > > >

> > > > > Here in Australia it was sold by Bullworker Service going back about

> > > > 40yrs ago. But I haven't seen it since.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > There been quite a lot of traffic on this topic so here is something in

> > > > addition to the excellent photo you have given us.It a bit more history

> > in

> > > > terms of photos.I did a search on Google and on page 2 found an auction

> > site

> > > > in Sweden which has several more pictures of a Telepander.Search just

> > the

> > > > word Telepander,find page 2 and look down till you see

> > kulttrainingredskap

> > > > and some more writing.Click on translate and you will find pics.

> > > >

> > > > I am pretty incompetent with computers so perhaps some kind person

> > might

> > > > like to copy and send to this site to join the other historical

> > pic.Have

> > > > fun.Ed

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >