RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: Your opinion on this

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I too purchased a Lady BW, and have found only a few exercises too easy. I feel mine is an invaluable piece of equipment for my iso training. By the way, it was bought as a gift for my wife who at first thought it was a bicycle pump. She quickly lost interest, and I inherited it. Brawn wrote: Thanks for you input, Jay. I will incorporateiso-motion into the routine to give all areas of mychest a good workout.I, too, purchased a Lady

Bullworker about a year agoto add variety to my exercise. I wonder how many guysover the years have purchased a Lady Bullworker,realizing how helpful it can be. Hopefully many did,not letting the word "Lady" get in their way.Richbwbeliever--- joe halpern <eddyc2405> wrote:> Hi Jay ,> > Thanks for your response it was very thorough. You> gave me the exact info I was looking> for. > > Ed > > Jay Photo <u2canshare> wrote:> Ed, the Level 2 Spring feels like a> normal BW. The Level 3 Spring feels almost> impossible on a 2 handed compression.> > The 20" size allows only for a starting dead lift> and I do so on the floor... a true isometric hold.> No Squats, but the only true squat I have ever

seen> does not include a BW of any type. All the other leg> exercises for the thighs and calves are there.> > I have the Model 28. It is advertised correctly. > It is a bear to compress... however, so is the Level> 3 on the Steel-Bow. I have done deep knee bends for> years for my squats and when I get to 30, my thighs> are screaming. It is the isotonic routine for my> legs, not BW.> > It is my opinion, if someone is looking for a BW> for squats, they are pretty narrow minded in how> they best want to achieve results. All BW are truly> designed for the upper body. The cable lifts and> compression for the thighs are second to none on any> model and I have never found a model I could not do> these exercises with, including the SB.> > In owning both of them, I now have several models> dating back to the 1960's. Of all the models I

have,> the SB gets the most use, because I can use it in> more ways. I keep the screws out and change springs> faster than I could ever change weight plates and it> is small enough that it really goes anywhere. That> sounds kind of funny, because at 36" the BW wasn't> exactly a large item... the SB is just really> portable and as difficult as any model I own. It> also has the ability to be the easiest model I own> and I like that and everything in between.> > Right now, maybe because it is new, it is the only> one I am using. I am not getting rid of any of> them, but between the 28 and the SB, I use the SB.> > and I do deep knee bends and ride bikes... but> that is another topic.> > bwp> > joe halpern <eddyc2405> wrote:> Hi Jay ,> > Is the tension on

the 20inch -bow spring #3> equivalent to a regular full size BW and can the> the 20inch bow be used to do leg exercises just> like the full size BW. I can't decide whether to> purchase the Bow 28 or the 20inch bow.> > Thanks> Ed > > Jay Photo <u2canshare> wrote:> It is my belief and personal experience you> will accomplish exactly what you want. The> repetitions will give you the definition you are> looking for. I would like to suggest that because> you are using the Steel-Bow, you have the ability to> do sets with the Bow off to one side and the other.> This will exercise the outer and inner range of the> chest muscle giving even further definition. Also,> I have found that the smaller model seems much> easier on my elbows. > > I would also suggest possibly

combining your sets> with the iso-motion movement; that is doing your> reps at all different levels of joint rotation, for> example do one set of 10 where the first rep is> overhead, the next a little lower and lower until> the 10th rep is waist high. You could also do this> in a circular motion as the hands on a clock> (12-2-4-6-8-10). such a variety of movement would> always be giving your chest muscles a 100% workout,> but would also be complimenting your shoulders, lats> and arms tying all the benefits together with your> chest development as the focal point.> > Your 10 second hold at the end of each set, more> than covers your isometric needs and the high reps> will give you want you want quickly and without the> elbow pain.> > I used this method for years, starting with just> simple push-ups and repetitive BW presses.

Aerobics> with light dumbbells opened my eyes to the> resistance/joint rotation. It gave my Lady> Bullworker new value, as I always thought the spring> was too easy. The Steel-Bow with its even shorter> length has allowed me to exchange the L-BW and> continue my own form of iso-motion. This movement is> only possible for me with the Level 1 spring, as I> am unable to get the repetitive compression with the> Level 2. Level 3 is not even in this equation.> > The bottom line is you are putting the necessary> reps in to get your results. The Steel-Bow makes> this very easy to do several times a day. That has> always been the key for me... How convenient is it> for me to get the necessary reps in. Almost any> fitness device will work if you put the time in. > Convenience has always been my silent partner to> success. > > bwp>

> > > <RMJrYahoo> wrote:> My expected outcome is to build a stronger,> better> developed chest in a shorter time period. That may> be> a bit vague but, my thinking was more work would> bring> faster results than doing isometrics alone. I still> do the 7 second hold but I was wondering if> incorporating this into the routine would accelerate> or hinder my desired outcome.> > Rich> bwbeliever> > --- rrbelloff <rrbelloffcs> wrote:> > > What is your expected outcome from such a workout?> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > Hello everyone,> > > > > > One of the things I started doing in my workout> is> > to compress and> > > release my 20" Steel Bow 100 times. I break this> > up into 10 sets of> > > 10 reps, with a slow release on the last rep of> > each set. I was> > > wondering if this might be overdoing it and,> thus,> > counterproductive.> > > Your opinions, please.> > > > > > Rich> > > bwbeliever> > >> > > > > > > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

If we research Bullworker, we will find many men who have gained not only strength and stamina from using it, but better health and more muscle, too. I am one of them. All I can say is, if the Bullworker produced excellent results in the 60s and 70s, it will do the same today. I'm amazed when I read that all of a sudden an exercise is outdated and no longer works. How can that be? The Bullworker works if used. The proof is out there.Chuck Barone wrote: I

can sure vouch, from a male perspective, that the BWworks. I've told my story on another forum and maybehere, so won't bother with repeating it.Anybody who says isometrics don't build stamina,whether exercise physiologists, scientists, or anyoneelse just doesn't know what they're talking about. Anyof that group who says isometrics only builds strengthat the specific angle that the muscle is worked iswrong.If that's the case, then I shouldn't have been able toswing a shovel for hours, or move and lift concreteblocks, lumber, etc that used those muscles at alldifferent angles. Yet, I could and did.My only disappointment is that I didn't order onedecades ago when I first saw them advertised.Chuck--- richard pancoast <plumbguy2002> wrote:> For all the ladies out there: I have posted this> before, but I believe

it worth another round.> In the mid to late 70s, a friend of mine was> telling me how he always had to help his thin,> rather frail wife rearrange furniture in their home.> And, it was a struggle, because she was weak and> really couldn't help much. Then, she started moving> ALL the furniture herself when he was at work. The> reason was she had bought a Lady Bullworker. Within> a month's time, she had gotten a lot stronger. She> had gained some solidweight. She looked great-no big> muscles, just nice, feminine lines. Soon, she was> doing all the heavy housework herself, needing no> help from her husband. He told me that he was going> to have to get a Bullworker just to keep up with> her, as she had a lot more energy, stamina, etc.,> along with the strength.> Since Lady Bullworker is no longer marketed,> concider getting the Steel Bow (

www.bowproducts.com> ) . You'll get the same results, and your husband> can add a stronger spring and get a great workout> from the same devise. One devise for everyone. Now,> that is convenience.> Rich> > > Woodard <brianwoodard73> wrote:> I too purchased a Lady BW, and have> found only a few exercises too easy. I feel mine is> an invaluable piece of equipment for my iso> training. By the way, it was bought as a gift for my> wife who at first thought it was a bicycle pump. She> quickly lost interest, and I inherited it.> > Brawn> > <RMJrYahoo> wrote:> Thanks for you input, Jay. I will incorporate> iso-motion into the routine to give all areas of my> chest a good

workout.> > I, too, purchased a Lady Bullworker about a year ago> to add variety to my exercise. I wonder how many> guys> over the years have purchased a Lady Bullworker,> realizing how helpful it can be. Hopefully many did,> not letting the word "Lady" get in their way.> > Rich> bwbeliever> > --- joe halpern <eddyc2405> wrote:> > > Hi Jay ,> > > > Thanks for your response it was very thorough. You> > gave me the exact info I was looking> > for. > > > > Ed > > > > Jay Photo <u2canshare> wrote:> > Ed, the Level 2 Spring feels like a> > normal BW. The Level 3 Spring feels almost> > impossible on a 2 handed compression.> > >

> The 20" size allows only for a starting dead lift> > and I do so on the floor... a true isometric hold.> > No Squats, but the only true squat I have ever> seen> > does not include a BW of any type. All the other> leg> > exercises for the thighs and calves are there.> > > > I have the Model 28. It is advertised correctly. > > It is a bear to compress... however, so is the> Level> > 3 on the Steel-Bow. I have done deep knee bends> for> > years for my squats and when I get to 30, my> thighs> > are screaming. It is the isotonic routine for my> > legs, not BW.> > > > It is my opinion, if someone is looking for a BW> > for squats, they are pretty narrow minded in how> > they best want to achieve results. All BW are> truly> > designed for the upper body. The cable lifts

and> > compression for the thighs are second to none on> any> > model and I have never found a model I could not> do> > these exercises with, including the SB.> > > > In owning both of them, I now have several models> > dating back to the 1960's. Of all the models I> have,> > the SB gets the most use, because I can use it in> > more ways. I keep the screws out and change> springs> > faster than I could ever change weight plates and> it> > is small enough that it really goes anywhere. That> > sounds kind of funny, because at 36" the BW wasn't> > exactly a large item... the SB is just really> > portable and as difficult as any model I own. It> > also has the ability to be the easiest model I own> > and I like that and everything in between.> > > > Right now, maybe because

it is new, it is the only> > one I am using. I am not getting rid of any of> > them, but between the 28 and the SB, I use the SB.> > > > and I do deep knee bends and ride bikes... but> > that is another topic.> > > > bwp> > > > joe halpern <eddyc2405> wrote:> > Hi Jay ,> > > > Is the tension on the 20inch -bow spring #3> > equivalent to a regular full size BW and can the> > the 20inch bow be used to do leg exercises just> > like the full size BW. I can't decide whether to> > purchase the Bow 28 or the 20inch bow.> > > > Thanks> > Ed > > > > Jay Photo <u2canshare> wrote:> > It is my belief and personal experience you> >

will accomplish exactly what you want. The> > repetitions will give you the definition you are> > looking for. I would like to suggest that because> > you are using the Steel-Bow, you have the ability> to> > do sets with the Bow off to one side and the> other.> > This will exercise the outer and inner range of> the> > chest muscle giving even further definition. Also,> > I have found that the smaller model seems much> > easier on my elbows. > > > > I would also suggest possibly combining your sets> > with the iso-motion movement; that is doing your> > reps at all different levels of joint rotation,> for> > example do one set of 10 where the first rep is> > overhead, the next a little lower and lower until> > the 10th rep is waist high. You could also do this> > in a circular motion as the

hands on a clock> > (12-2-4-6-8-10). such a variety of movement would> > always be giving your chest muscles a 100%> workout,> > but would also be complimenting your shoulders,> lats> > and arms tying all the benefits together with your> > chest development as the focal point.> > > > Your 10 second hold at the end of each set, more> > than covers your isometric needs and the high reps> > will give you want you want quickly and without> the> > elbow pain.> > > > I used this method for years, starting with just> > simple push-ups and repetitive BW presses.> Aerobics> > with light dumbbells opened my eyes to the> > resistance/joint rotation. It gave my Lady> > Bullworker new value, as I always thought the> spring> > was too easy. The Steel-Bow with its even

shorter> > length has allowed me to exchange the L-BW and> > continue my own form of iso-motion. This movement> is> > only possible for me with the Level 1 spring, as I> > am unable to get the repetitive compression with> the> > Level 2. Level 3 is not even in this equation.> > > > The bottom line is you are putting the necessary> > reps in to get your results. The Steel-Bow makes> > this very easy to do several times a day. That has> > always been the key for me... How convenient is it> > for me to get the necessary reps in. Almost any> > fitness device will work if you put the time in. > > Convenience has always been my silent partner to> > success. > > > > bwp> > > > > > > > <RMJrYahoo> wrote:> > My expected outcome is to build a stronger,> > better> > developed chest in a shorter time period. That may> === message truncated ===__________________________________________________