RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: i am having a real hard time

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh ,I DO understand that and remember feeling the same way,, I got to where at the end of tx I had to gag down the toast with peanut butter, but I did it because I knew if I didnt, I'd feel even worse. Yep, fruit was good, I always kept those little fruit cups by my bed and it was so easy to just eat that.. but protein is so important! Ruggio wrote: Jackie, I could not stand the smell of any food including toast! The only food that tasted ok was fruit. I ate a lot of fruit and would at

times go to Jamba juice and get a smoothie and sip on that the whole day. I am sure that I was not getting enough protein and that contributed to me feeling so very ill all the time. My body smelled different and I always felt dirty soon after showering. I would get out of bed shower and go back in bed. Not an exciting life! Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Jackie

Guest guest

Get the attorney Dorothy, they typically refuse you the first time,, but you could try first and see. I had a advocate as a paid benefit from my work and they never would let me give up.. it took 2 years but then I had to pay all the back pay to them, but it was worth it!Dorothy wrote: In view of that, I’ve thought about trying to file the claim myself to save the atty

fees. I’m not sure what to do. Anyone who’s filed either way have any thoughts? Thanks, Dorothy From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of SHARON CROSBY Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:42 PM To: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: i am having a real hard time Good news, Dorothy. You shouldn't have any

trouble getting it, RA is a recognized ailment. Too bad for your pain, tho. Sharon RE:

i am having a real hard time Sharon, I'm glad to hear that something I wrote helped you. It's amazing how sharing our stories can help others in some way. Being depressed is such a sad situation as it impacts every aspect of your life - be it your marriage, other relationships with family or friends, your job, etc. When there are physical problems as well, it's just that much harder to pull yourself out of the hole. Thank God for the pharmaceutical industry, huh?? LOL And by the way, I made a decision today to file for social security disability. I contacted an attorney and I'm meeting with her next week. I should have done this months ago, but I guess I hoped that I'd finish tx and all would be well with the world. Unfortunately, my RA has got me

very concerned and I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to work again full time if this continues. I still think I will improve, but in the meantime, I need to do something to protect myself and not lose any more time. Dorothy Jackie

Guest guest

Hang

onto that smidgeon. Some days it’s all we got!

Fighting

the Dragon

Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of SHARON CROSBY

Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 4:07 PM

To: Hepatitis_C_Central

Subject: Re: Re: i am having a real hard time

Thanks, . I've been able to lift my head off

the floor today, so the drugs are starting to work. Also had my first

visit with a counselor and I actually feel a smidgeon of hope....

-----

Original Message -----

Matchinsky

Sent: Friday, March 21,

2008 3:42 AM

Subject: RE:

Re: i am having a real hard time

Yes,

it’s the generic Celexa.

Fighting the Dragon

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of SHARON CROSBY

Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:37 PM

Subject: Re: Re: i am having a real hard time

My

taste has returned to normal, my smeller has always been strong, but things

smell like they " should " now at least. During the latter period

of tx, I would actually gag on some foods.

Jackie,

my doc gave me citralopram and zyprexa for my depression. I THINK the

citralpram is the celexa in generic form. It's only 10 mgs, but my doc is

very cautious. I haven't been this low for many years and I don't like it

here. Doc tried to get me into a hospital, but I'm NOT gonna go

there!! At least, not right now, I'm not.

Sharon

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG.

Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1337 - Release Date: 3/20/2008 8:10

PM

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG.

Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1337 - Release Date: 3/20/2008 8:10 PM

Guest guest

I

spoke with an attorney about disability and she recommended that I file on my own.

She felt I had a good case, and I could always retain her services later.

If an applicant gets turned down, there is an appeal process.

Fighting

the Dragon

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Dorothy

Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 6:25 PM

Subject: RE: i am having a real hard time

I did see

the on-line instructions last night. I’m meeting with an attorney

next week so I suppose I can see what they have to say – I can always

decide then. It kills me to fork over money if I can do it myself.

Particularly if my RA would qualify me without too much of a fight. I can

see if I was basing my claim on HCV or a back injury or something, but I do

have peripheral neuropathy and RA. I saw my neurologist today and

he’s the one who’s been encouraging me to file for months now.

I was

chatting with the office manager at the neurologist’s office today and

she said some of their patients have done it themselves with no problem and

some have needed the help of an attorney. She also felt that I might be

able to do it myself. I’ll give it some thought over the weekend.

Thanks, Sharon

Dorothy

Checked by AVG.

PM

Checked by AVG.

Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1337 - Release Date: 3/20/2008 8:10 PM

Guest guest

That’s kind of what I’m

thinking too. Since I have rheumatoid arthritis which they recognize as a

disability, I shouldn’t have as much difficulty as others might.

And I can always get a lawyer later.

I will go speak to them on Wednesday though and hear what they think when I lay

out my story. And regardless, I should obtain some helpful information.

And they may be able to help me straighten

out the state claim that was rejected on a technicality. That is worth

$4,420.

Dorothy

Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ]

On Behalf Of Matchinsky

Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2008

6:01 AM

To:

Hepatitis_C_Central

i am having a real hard time

I spoke with an attorney about disability and she recommended that I file on my

own. She felt I had a good case, and I could always retain her services

later. If an applicant gets turned down, there is an appeal process.

Guest guest

If you are turned down, Binder and Binder may be able to help and do not charge a cent until they win your case.. Sheena Matchinsky wrote: I spoke with an

attorney about disability and she recommended that I file on my own. She felt I had a good case, and I could always retain her services later. If an applicant gets turned down, there is an appeal process. Fighting the

Dragon From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of DorothySent: Friday, March 21, 2008 6:25 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: i am having a real hard time I did see the on-line instructions last night. I’m meeting with an attorney next week so I suppose I can see what they have to say – I can always decide

then. It kills me to fork over money if I can do it myself. Particularly if my RA would qualify me without too much of a fight. I can see if I was basing my claim on HCV or a back injury or something, but I do have peripheral neuropathy and RA. I saw my neurologist today and he’s the one who’s been encouraging me to file for months now. I was chatting with the office manager at the neurologist’s office today and she said some of their patients have done it themselves with no problem and some have needed the help of an attorney. She also felt that I might be able to do it myself. I’ll give it some thought over the weekend. Thanks, Sharon Dorothy No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG.Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1337 - Release Date: 3/20/2008 8:10 PM No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG.Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1337 - Release Date: 3/20/2008 8:10 PM

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

None of the attorneys charge unless they

win – at least that’s my understanding and the case with the one I’m

seeing. Of course, they don’t take many if they think they can’t

win either.

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On

Behalf Of Sheena

11:43 AM

To:

Hepatitis_C_Central

If you are turned down, Binder and Binder may be

able to help

and do not charge a cent until they win your case..

Sheena

Matchinsky

<michaelboxernest (DOT) net> wrote:

I spoke with an attorney about disability and she recommended that I file on my

own. She felt I had a good case, and I could always retain her services

later. If an applicant gets turned down, there is an appeal process.

Fighting the

Dragon

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Dorothy

Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 6:25

PM

I did see the on-line instructions last

night. I’m meeting with an attorney next week so I suppose I can

see what they have to say – I can always decide then. It kills me

to fork over money if I can do it myself. Particularly if my RA would

qualify me without too much of a fight. I can see if I was basing my

claim on HCV or a back injury or something, but I do have peripheral neuropathy

and RA. I saw my neurologist today and he’s the one who’s

been encouraging me to file for months now.

I was chatting with the office manager at

the neurologist’s office today and she said some of their patients have

done it themselves with no problem and some have needed the help of an attorney.

She also felt that I might be able to do it myself. I’ll give it

some thought over the weekend.

Thanks, Sharon

Dorothy

Checked by AVG.

PM

Checked by AVG.

PM

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo

your homepage.

Guest guest

Would be nice if that were true.. At least Binder and Binder does not refuse a Disability case, they actually advertise as the "Social Security Disability Advocates". A bit on the slow side, as they have so many cases, but they are also nation wide.. Whatever works! Sheena Dorothy wrote: None of the attorneys charge unless they win – at least that’s my understanding and the case with the one I’m seeing. Of course, they don’t take many if they think they can’t win either. From: Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of SheenaSent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 11:43 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: i am having a real hard time If you are turned down, Binder and Binder may be able to help and do not

charge a cent until they win your case.. Sheena Matchinsky <michaelboxernest (DOT) net> wrote: I spoke with an attorney about disability and she recommended that I file on my own. She felt I had a good case, and I could always retain her services later. If an applicant gets turned down, there is an appeal process. Fighting the Dragon From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of DorothySent: Friday, March 21, 2008 6:25 PMTo:

Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: i am having a real hard time I did see the on-line instructions last night. I’m meeting with an attorney next week so I suppose I can see what they have to say – I can always decide then. It kills me to fork over money if I can do it myself. Particularly if my RA would qualify me without too much of a fight. I can see if I was basing my claim on HCV or a back injury or something, but I do have peripheral neuropathy and RA. I saw my neurologist today and he’s the one who’s been encouraging me to file for months now. I was chatting with the office manager at the neurologist’s office today and she said some of their patients have done it themselves with no problem and some have needed the help of an attorney. She also felt that I might be able to do it myself. I’ll give it some thought over the weekend. Thanks, Sharon Dorothy No virus found

in this incoming message.Checked by AVG.Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1337 - Release Date: 3/20/2008 8:10 PM No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG.Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1337 - Release Date: 3/20/2008 8:10 PM Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I think Binder and Binder handle cases of

every type – at least they do in NY. They have divisions to handle

different areas I believe. My friend’s sister worked for them. I’ve

never heard many good things about them, but I’m sure that varies from

office to office.

I doubt that many people could afford to

hire an attorney if it weren’t on a contingency basis – whether it’s

social security disability, workers’ comp, etc. Wouldn’t that be a

kick in the head if you didn’t collect and had to fork over a few

thousand dollars!!

Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On

Behalf Of Sheena

2:09 PM

To:

Hepatitis_C_Central

Would be nice if that were true..

At least Binder and Binder does not refuse a

Disability case, they

actually advertise as the " Social Security

Disability Advocates " .

A bit on the slow side, as they have so many cases,

but they are

also nation wide.. Whatever works!

Sheena

Guest guest

We're in California, I'll let you know how it goes, Sure agree with you about a kick in the head.. Dorothy wrote: I think Binder and Binder handle cases of every type – at least they do in NY. They have divisions to handle different areas I believe. My friend’s sister worked for them.

I’ve never heard many good things about them, but I’m sure that varies from office to office. I doubt that many people could afford to hire an attorney if it weren’t on a contingency basis – whether it’s social security disability, workers’ comp, etc. Wouldn’t that be a kick in the head if you didn’t collect and had to fork over a few thousand dollars!! From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of SheenaSent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 2:09 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: i am having a real hard time Would be nice if that were true.. At least Binder and Binder does not refuse a Disability case, they actually advertise as the "Social Security Disability Advocates". A bit on the slow side, as they have so many cases, but they are also nation wide.. Whatever

works! Sheena

Guest guest

I used Alsup Inc . They have an 800 number you can get from the 800 directory. they did a fantastic job for me...I highly recommend them!Sheena wrote: Would be nice if that were true.. At least Binder and Binder does not refuse a Disability case, they actually advertise as the "Social Security Disability Advocates". A bit on the slow side, as they have so many cases, but they are also

nation wide.. Whatever works! Sheena Dorothy <dorvoptonline (DOT) net> wrote: None of the attorneys charge unless they win – at least that’s my understanding and the case with the one I’m seeing. Of course, they don’t take many if they think they can’t win either. From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of SheenaSent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 11:43 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: i am having a real hard time If you are turned down, Binder and Binder may be able to help and do not charge a cent until they win your case.. Sheena Matchinsky <michaelboxernest (DOT) net> wrote: I spoke with an attorney about disability and she recommended that I file on my own. She felt I had a good case, and I could always retain her services later. If an applicant gets turned down, there is an appeal process. Fighting the Dragon From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of DorothySent: Friday, March 21, 2008 6:25 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: i am having a real hard time I did see the on-line instructions last night. I’m meeting with an attorney next

week so I suppose I can see what they have to say – I can always decide then. It kills me to fork over money if I can do it myself. Particularly if my RA would qualify me without too much of a fight. I can see if I was basing my claim on HCV or a back injury or something, but I do have peripheral neuropathy and RA. I saw my neurologist today and he’s the one who’s been encouraging me to file for months now. I was chatting with the office manager at the neurologist’s office today and she said some of their patients have done it themselves with no problem and some have needed the help of an attorney. She also felt that I might be able to do it myself. I’ll give it some thought over the weekend. Thanks, Sharon Dorothy No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG.Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1337 - Release Date: 3/20/2008 8:10 PM No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by

AVG.Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1337 - Release Date: 3/20/2008 8:10 PM Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Jackie

Guest guest

Thats great ,, they should know whether or not you need one,, so good,, you can always start on your own and if you get into trouble, then you can always hire one after that.... Matchinsky wrote: I spoke with an attorney about disability and she recommended that I file on my own. She felt

I had a good case, and I could always retain her services later. If an applicant gets turned down, there is an appeal process. Fighting the

Dragon From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Dorothy Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 6:25 PM To: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: i am having a real hard time I did see the on-line instructions last night. I’m meeting with an attorney next week

so I suppose I can see what they have to say – I can always decide then. It kills me to fork over money if I can do it myself. Particularly if my RA would qualify me without too much of a fight. I can see if I was basing my claim on HCV or a back injury or something, but I do have peripheral neuropathy and RA. I saw my neurologist today and he’s the one who’s been encouraging me to file for months now. I was chatting with the office manager at the neurologist’s office today and she said some of their patients have done it themselves with no problem and some have needed the help of an attorney. She also felt that I might be able to do it myself. I’ll give it some thought over the weekend. Thanks, Sharon Dorothy No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1337 - Release Date: 3/20/2008 8:10 PM No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1337 - Release

Date: 3/20/2008 8:10 PM Jackie

Guest guest

>

> hi everyone, well my depression is at its worst, the past week has

been

> unbearable, ive never felt like this before, anger, hate and just

> wanting to cry, as we know im on the celexa 40 mg, im wondering if

that

> has brought me to this point, or if its me for no reason or the

meds, i

> am isolating so bad , yesterday i only left my room to go to

bathroom

> and am having severe anxiey, i just have lost patience, im just

very

> out of control i have medicare and i think i need to do

something

> quick i drift off and stare and catch myself, i have forgotten

thimgs

> like my niece telling me bro is in hosp with pnemonia the next day

i

> wasnt sure if it was real or a dream i had to call her and ask

her, i

> just dont know!!!!!!!!!my sis was telling me last night on

lifetime on

> april 12 great movie on , we had read the book so i walk to the

> calemdar and marked it under april 10 ,

>

Guest guest

i wrote that over a week ago ie acyually had a great weekendzkoberne2 wrote: >> hi everyone, well my depression is at its worst, the past week has been > unbearable, ive never felt like this before, anger, hate and just > wanting to cry, as we know im on the celexa 40 mg, im wondering if that > has brought me to

this point, or if its me for no reason or the meds, i > am isolating so bad , yesterday i only left my room to go to bathroom > and am having severe anxiey, i just have lost patience, im just very > out of control i have medicare and i think i need to do something > quick i drift off and stare and catch myself, i have forgotten thimgs > like my niece telling me bro is in hosp with pnemonia the next day i > wasnt sure if it was real or a dream i had to call her and ask her, i > just dont know!!!!!!!!!my sis was telling me last night on lifetime on > april 12 great movie on , we had read the book so i walk to the > calemdar and marked it under april 10 ,>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

I haven't ever treated.

I have psychological-issues (disability) that my doctor/s feel 'MAY'

become (much)-worse using Interferon/Ribavirin.

So, I'm waiting-waiting-waiting for a Non-Interferon-Based

treatment/s.

As far as odours go, I've always been 'pretty-much' a " Super-Smeller "

for many years, Diesel-fumes gave me a horrendous headache, even as a

small child,.....the Diesel-fumes don't seem to bother me as much

anymore.

I told one of my doctors that my blood 'smelled-strange' many years

ago, the doctor chalked it up to 'mental-issues',.....

It just smelled 'different' than I'd remembered it smelling,....

maybe it WAS 'mental-issue-related', but, who knows-?

(Please excuse the late reply/ies, I've been 'swamped' lately)

> > You know, with my past drug history, I was so upset

> when I had to go on pain meds 2 years ago, but it was what I

needed

> to do in order to function and live.

> >

> > One of the doctors understood and he told me not to worry

about

> it then. He was right. You do what you have to do at the time.

> Things work themselves out later.

> >

> > If you need the meds and the doctor changes your dose, it's

> what you need to do for right now. I know this whole thing really

> sucks, Joyce, but I'm on the other side now and you know and I

know

> that you'll get there too……..YOU WILL!!

> >

> > Dorothy

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Jackie

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

Guest guest

well you might find that your emotional issues might resolve with tx too,, its surely a crap shoot,, but I've seen so many ppl with severe depression treat without an increase in psychosis or depression.. I was on celexa before I even knew I had hep c,, so my doc just upped my dose prior to starting tx and I did not have any increase in depression..DUG wrote: I haven't ever treated. I have psychological-issues (disability) that my doctor/s feel 'MAY' become (much)-worse using Interferon/Ribavirin.

So, I'm waiting-waiting-waiting for a Non-Interferon-Based treatment/s. As far as odours go, I've always been 'pretty-much' a "Super-Smeller" for many years, Diesel-fumes gave me a horrendous headache, even as a small child,.....the Diesel-fumes don't seem to bother me as much anymore. I told one of my doctors that my blood 'smelled-strange' many years ago, the doctor chalked it up to 'mental-issues',..... It just smelled 'different' than I'd remembered it smelling,.... maybe it WAS 'mental-issue-related', but, who knows-? (Please excuse the late reply/ies, I've been 'swamped' lately) > > You know, with my past drug history, I was so upset > when I had to go on pain meds 2 years ago, but it was what I needed > to do in order to function and live. > > > > One of the doctors understood and he told me not to worry about > it then. He was right. You do what you have to do at the time. > Things work themselves out later. > > > > If you need the meds and

the doctor changes your dose, it's > what you need to do for right now. I know this whole thing really > sucks, Joyce, but I'm on the other side now and you know and I know > that you'll get there too……..YOU WILL!! > > > > Dorothy > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Jackie > > > > > > > > > > --------------------------------- > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. > > > > > > > > > Jackie > Jackie

Guest guest

There are those of us that have great smellers. And it can be a disadvantage as well as a advantage. I love the great smells like bacon frying, roses, the smell of a new baby, the smell of a new car. But then again the bad smells can knock me out. I can smell dog pee on the carpet when others can not. Yeah diesel fuel smells can give me a headache in a heart beat. And my pickup truck uses diesel. (Yeah, girls drive trucks!!). I hate the smell of blood, my granddaughter fell yesterday and it kind of made me shivery as I cleaned the cut. Just not a pleasant smell. Some of us are just sensitive that way. And your doctor is a nut. Because it is not a mental thing it is some folks just have good sense of smell. Love Janet DUG

wrote: I haven't ever treated.I have psychological-issues (disability) that my doctor/s feel 'MAY' become (much)-worse using Interferon/Ribavirin.So, I'm waiting-waiting-waiting for a Non-Interferon-Based treatment/s.As far as odours go, I've always been 'pretty-much' a "Super-Smeller" for many years, Diesel-fumes gave me a horrendous headache, even as a small child,.....the Diesel-fumes don't seem to bother me as much anymore.I told one of my doctors

that my blood 'smelled-strange' many years ago, the doctor chalked it up to 'mental-issues',.....It just smelled 'different' than I'd remembered it smelling,.... maybe it WAS 'mental-issue-related', but, who knows-?(Please excuse the late reply/ies, I've been 'swamped' lately) > > You know, with my past drug history, I was so upset > when I had to go on pain meds 2 years ago, but it was what I needed > to do in order to

function and live.> > > > One of the doctors understood and he told me not to worry about > it then. He was right. You do what you have to do at the time. > Things work themselves out later.> > > > If you need the meds and the doctor changes your dose, it's > what you need to do for right now. I know this whole thing really > sucks, Joyce, but I'm on the other side now and you know and I know > that you'll get there too……..YOU WILL!!> > > > Dorothy> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Jackie > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >> > > >

> > > Jackie>"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Guest guest

There are those of us that have great smellers. And it can be a disadvantage as well as a advantage. I love the great smells like bacon frying, roses, the smell of a new baby, the smell of a new car. But then again the bad smells can knock me out. I can smell dog pee on the carpet when others can not. Yeah diesel fuel smells can give me a headache in a heart beat. And my pickup truck uses diesel. (Yeah, girls drive trucks!!). I hate the smell of blood, my granddaughter fell yesterday and it kind of made me shivery as I cleaned the cut. Just not a pleasant smell. Some of us are just sensitive that way. And your doctor is a nut. Because it is not a mental thing it is some folks just have good sense of smell. Love Janet DUG

wrote: I haven't ever treated.I have psychological-issues (disability) that my doctor/s feel 'MAY' become (much)-worse using Interferon/Ribavirin.So, I'm waiting-waiting-waiting for a Non-Interferon-Based treatment/s.As far as odours go, I've always been 'pretty-much' a "Super-Smeller" for many years, Diesel-fumes gave me a horrendous headache, even as a small child,.....the Diesel-fumes don't seem to bother me as much anymore.I told one of my doctors

that my blood 'smelled-strange' many years ago, the doctor chalked it up to 'mental-issues',.....It just smelled 'different' than I'd remembered it smelling,.... maybe it WAS 'mental-issue-related', but, who knows-?(Please excuse the late reply/ies, I've been 'swamped' lately) > > You know, with my past drug history, I was so upset > when I had to go on pain meds 2 years ago, but it was what I needed > to do in order to

function and live.> > > > One of the doctors understood and he told me not to worry about > it then. He was right. You do what you have to do at the time. > Things work themselves out later.> > > > If you need the meds and the doctor changes your dose, it's > what you need to do for right now. I know this whole thing really > sucks, Joyce, but I'm on the other side now and you know and I know > that you'll get there too……..YOU WILL!!> > > > Dorothy> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Jackie > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >> > > >

> > > Jackie>"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Guest guest

Janet, I'm like that with the sense of smell. Everything smells!! I can smell the little hedgeie we have, even if I've just cleaned her cage and they say hedgies have no smell. lol I'm constantly grooming the dogs because I can smell them. I change the sheets on the bed far more often because 2 of them sleep with us. lol On tx, this was heightened, as was everything else and I could smell my husband's head for Pete's sake. Drove him crazy. he heSharon in NW Washington Knitting is...time and love made tangible. Alison Hyde Re: Re: i am having a real hard timeThere are those of us that have great smellers. And it can be a disadvantage as well as a advantage. I love the great smells like bacon frying, roses, the smell of a new baby, the smell of a new car. But then again the bad smells can knock me out. I can smell dog pee on the carpet when others can not.Yeah diesel fuel smells can give me a headache in a heart beat. And my pickup truck uses diesel. (Yeah, girls drive trucks!!).I hate the smell of blood, my granddaughter fell yesterday and it kind of made me shivery as I cleaned the cut. Just not a pleasant smell.Some of us are just sensitive that way. And your doctor is a nut. Because it is not a mental thing it is some folks just have good sense of smell.LoveJanet

Guest guest

Janet, I'm like that with the sense of smell. Everything smells!! I can smell the little hedgeie we have, even if I've just cleaned her cage and they say hedgies have no smell. lol I'm constantly grooming the dogs because I can smell them. I change the sheets on the bed far more often because 2 of them sleep with us. lol On tx, this was heightened, as was everything else and I could smell my husband's head for Pete's sake. Drove him crazy. he heSharon in NW Washington Knitting is...time and love made tangible. Alison Hyde Re: Re: i am having a real hard timeThere are those of us that have great smellers. And it can be a disadvantage as well as a advantage. I love the great smells like bacon frying, roses, the smell of a new baby, the smell of a new car. But then again the bad smells can knock me out. I can smell dog pee on the carpet when others can not.Yeah diesel fuel smells can give me a headache in a heart beat. And my pickup truck uses diesel. (Yeah, girls drive trucks!!).I hate the smell of blood, my granddaughter fell yesterday and it kind of made me shivery as I cleaned the cut. Just not a pleasant smell.Some of us are just sensitive that way. And your doctor is a nut. Because it is not a mental thing it is some folks just have good sense of smell.LoveJanet

Guest guest

Yeah, well,....You know,.... when one has a psych-diag AND a (so-

called) " normal " -person can't perceive the odour/s (among other

things),... then the most 'usual' reaction is to insist that because

THEY can't perceive it, then it 'must-not-exist' and therefore it's

likely due to the psych-diag.........

It's strange, but I seem to be able to 'smell-deeper' through the

initial odour/s of many things, even 'disgusting'-smells.

Once the initial revulsion of the top-note goes away, it can

be 'enlightening' what odours lie beneath. (told Ya',..weird) LOL

Our electric clothes-dryer once had a bracket break that caused the

heating-element to ground-out, making it get hot beyond control,

I 'smelled-something-odd' inside of the house and investigated, found

the outside of the dryer to be VERY hot and unplugged it.

The repair-person said that it would've caused a fire had I not

noticed it in time.

So, having a 'Super-Smeller' kept Our house from burning once here.

Not too shabby eh-?

> > > You know, with my past drug history, I was so upset

> > when I had to go on pain meds 2 years ago, but it was what I

> needed

> > to do in order to function and live.

> > >

> > > One of the doctors understood and he told me not to worry

> about

> > it then. He was right. You do what you have to do at the time.

> > Things work themselves out later.

> > >

> > > If you need the meds and the doctor changes your dose, it's

> > what you need to do for right now. I know this whole thing really

> > sucks, Joyce, but I'm on the other side now and you know and I

> know

> > that you'll get there too……..YOU WILL!!

> > >

> > > Dorothy

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Jackie

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ---------------------------------

> > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Jackie

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> " There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy

everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go "

> Frederick Faber

>

Guest guest

If I had kids, they couldn't get away with much that would leave

a 'smell-imprint',......LOL

(Me) " Well, what did You do after school today " -?

(Kid) " I came right home and did my homework "

(Me) " Then why do I smell the cinna-bon smell from the mall on You-? "

(Kid) " Dang-it Dad,.....You and Your nose " .... ;-)

>

> Janet, I'm like that with the sense of smell. Everything smells!!

I can smell the little hedgeie we have, even if I've just cleaned her

cage and they say hedgies have no smell. lol I'm constantly

grooming the dogs because I can smell them. I change the sheets on

the bed far more often because 2 of them sleep with us. lol

>

> On tx, this was heightened, as was everything else and I could

smell my husband's head for Pete's sake. Drove him crazy. he he

> Sharon in NW Washington

>

> Knitting is...time and love made tangible. Alison Hyde

> Re: Re: i am having a real hard

time

>

>

> There are those of us that have great smellers. And it can be a

disadvantage as well as a advantage. I love the great smells like

bacon frying, roses, the smell of a new baby, the smell of a new car.

But then again the bad smells can knock me out. I can smell dog pee

on the carpet when others can not.

> Yeah diesel fuel smells can give me a headache in a heart beat.

And my pickup truck uses diesel. (Yeah, girls drive trucks!!).

> I hate the smell of blood, my granddaughter fell yesterday and it

kind of made me shivery as I cleaned the cut. Just not a pleasant

smell.

> Some of us are just sensitive that way. And your doctor is a nut.

Because it is not a mental thing it is some folks just have good

sense of smell.

> Love

> Janet

>

Guest guest

HA HA sometimes a pleasure, sometimes a curse.Sharon in NW Washington Knitting is...time and love made tangible. Alison Hyde Re: i am having a real hard timeIf I had kids, they couldn't get away with much that would leave a 'smell-imprint',......LOL(Me) "Well, what did You do after school today"-?(Kid) "I came right home and did my homework"(Me) "Then why do I smell the cinna-bon smell from the mall on You-?"(Kid) "Dang-it Dad,.....You and Your nose".... ;-) >> Janet, I'm like that with the sense of smell. Everything smells!! I can smell the little hedgeie we have, even if I've just cleaned her cage and they say hedgies have no smell. lol I'm constantly grooming the dogs because I can smell them. I change the sheets on the bed far more often because 2 of them sleep with us. lol> > On tx, this was heightened, as was everything else and I could smell my husband's head for Pete's sake. Drove him crazy. he he> Sharon in NW Washington> > Knitting is...time and love made tangible. Alison Hyde> ----- Original Message -----

Guest guest

Glad that your house didn't burn down! Increased smell sensitivity can be made worse by food intolerance.

I noticed that it was getting bad for me years ago when I was still working - and was trapped in an elevator with a woman who used WAY too much perfume - I nearly gagged. Then I started noticing EVERY SMELL.

It got to the point where I had to change over to all natural/unscented cleaning or personal care products and had to hold my breath going up and down certain aisles in the grocery store.

It's gotten MUCH better since I changed my diet and don't notice it nearly as much.

Good luck!

Chris

Yeah, well,....You know,.... when one has a psych-diag AND a (so-called) "normal"-person can't perceive the odour/s (among other things),... then the most 'usual' reaction is to insist that because THEY can't perceive it, then it 'must-not-exist' and therefore it's likely due to the psych-diag.........It's strange, but I seem to be able to 'smell-deeper' through the initial odour/s of many things, even 'disgusting'-smells.Once the initial revulsion of the top-note goes away, it can be 'enlightening' what odours lie beneath. (told Ya',..weird) LOLOur electric clothes-dryer once had a bracket break that caused the heating-element to ground-out, making it get hot beyond control, I 'smelled-something-odd' inside of the house and investigated, found the outside of the dryer to be VERY hot and unplugged it.The repair-person said that it would've caused a fire had I not noticed it in time.So, having a 'Super-Smeller' kept Our house from burning once here.Not too shabby eh-? > > > You know, with my past drug history, I was so upset > > when I had to go on pain meds 2 years ago, but it was what I > needed > > to do in order to function and live.> > > > > > One of the doctors understood and he told me not to worry > about > > it then. He was right. You do what you have to do at the time. > > Things work themselves out later.> > > > > > If you need the meds and the doctor changes your dose, it's > > what you need to do for right now. I know this whole thing really > > sucks, Joyce, but I'm on the other side now and you know and I > know > > that you'll get there too……..YOU WILL!!> > > > > > Dorothy> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Jackie > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Jackie> >> > > > > > > "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"> Frederick Faber> Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

Guest guest

I'd say that nose is worth aplenty, LOL!DUG wrote: Yeah, well,....You know,.... when one has a psych-diag AND a (so-called) "normal"-person can't perceive the odour/s (among other things),... then the most 'usual' reaction is to insist that because THEY can't perceive it, then it 'must-not-exist' and therefore it's likely due to the psych-diag.........It's strange, but I seem to be able to 'smell-deeper' through the initial odour/s of many things, even

'disgusting'-smells.Once the initial revulsion of the top-note goes away, it can be 'enlightening' what odours lie beneath. (told Ya',..weird) LOLOur electric clothes-dryer once had a bracket break that caused the heating-element to ground-out, making it get hot beyond control, I 'smelled-something-odd' inside of the house and investigated, found the outside of the dryer to be VERY hot and unplugged it.The repair-person said that it would've caused a fire had I not noticed it in time.So, having a 'Super-Smeller' kept Our house from burning once here.Not too shabby eh-? > > > You know, with my past drug history, I was so upset > > when I had to go on pain meds 2 years ago, but it was what I > needed > > to do in order to function and live.> > >

> > > One of the doctors understood and he told me not to worry > about > > it then. He was right. You do what you have to do at the time. > > Things work themselves out later.> > > > > > If you need the meds and the doctor changes your dose, it's > > what you need to do for right now. I know this whole thing really > > sucks, Joyce, but I'm on the other side now and you know and I > know > > that you'll get there too……..YOU WILL!!> > > > > > Dorothy> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Jackie > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

---------------------------------> > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Jackie> >> > > > > > > "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"> Frederick Faber>