RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Does Inclusion really work

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You decide.......letters we received from fellow students from

Kaitlyn being with her peers in general education.

What we learned from Kaitlyn Pringle

Mrs. Stamps Class/ Cape Coral, Florida

has helped me learn that people with Down syndrome are just as

cool as me. I did not think she was a capable as me but she is pretty

cool. She has taught me do not judge a book by it's cover. That's

because in the inside she is actually really cool.

By H.

Dear Kaitlyn,

I learned people with Down syndrome aren't different. Their abilities

don't work like everyone. But that doesn't mean they can't learn or

become a normal person. When she likes something she gets happy and

laughs.

By Gregorio

Dear ,

You have improved over the year. I think that is very

intelligent for a girl who has Down Syndrome. I have taught her not

to take someone's food even if he offers her his or her food. I

learned from how girls with Down syndrome act/ I hope that

does really good next year.

By: Casey

helped me by learning that even though she looks different on

the outside she is still a regular person on the inside. But at first

I did not really like her but now that it's almost the end of 4th

grade she is really not different. She was just trying to learn from

what we did but sometimes she copied us when we did something bad.

From your friend

By: nick

I learned many things from P. I have also taught her stuff. I

helped by getting her to her bus on time, I also helped by reading

with her in reading class. I taught her not to throw food in the

cafeteria.

First, I helped get her bus on time, She rides 989 she almost

always rides the bus. She always asks me if I can take her to her bus.

Second, I helped her by reading with her in reading, We did a skit

and she read with us. She didn't read the real story She just said

words.

Third, I taught her not to throw food in the cafeteria. She threw

food a;; the time. We told Mrs. Rowe. She stopped.

I think being in 's class helped me get to know her better.

By:

Kaitlyn taught me that there are millions and billions of people on

the earth. We are all the same. You should not single people out and

say that they are different. We are all just people

By: S.

I've learned from so many things but I think the most important

thing is patience., I have learned that it takes patience to teach

something and ever since I met her I have done half the yelling

at my younger sister. With my sister it takes so much patience to

teach her something new. I am really happy I have met .

By: Amber

I learned from that people with Down syndrome are not

different. At the beginning of the year I thought she was not a cool

person. But now I think differently Just because she is different,

nobody needs to treat her differently. She is just a human being like

us.

By; Pascual

helped me understand that people with Down Syndrome are like us

in their own way.

By: Ellis

Dear ,

I want to tell you about all I learned from you. At the first day of

school I thought I was cool and I used to say " Get away from me " . But

now I understand that you are a normal person like me. I certainly

hope you learned something from me because I learned a lot of stuff

from you.

LOVE

By: Cristian

has taught me by making me realized that no matter how

different she is she is still a very nice person. I think Mrs. P (her

mom) was very thoughtful to let be in around regular kids. Even

though is different she is still a human being so you have to

be kind and treat her with respect. One time I helped her by finding

her bus on the chalkboard. (She even thanked me once)

By:Blasia

I learned from that people with Down syndrome are not different

from us. is a good friend. She likes to hug people. She likes

to be with her friends. I also learned from to be patient with

my friends and family. And to not yell at my brothers

By: S

Dear ,

You have learned something and we did too. You taught me not to move

from seat to seat. I also helped you with lots of things, like

finding a book. I also helped with your stuff at the end of the day.

LOVE

By:

Dear ,

You are a great girl. Please stay the same forever. Remember when

and I helped you walk faster and go faster in the bathroom? You

are like us but slower. No matter what, I'm your friend.

LOVE

By:Ariel

Dear ,

We had good times. We had a good time in Kindergarten. You are a

really good friend to me. We taught you how to be good, and you

listened. I hope we have a good time on the last day of school. I

learned from that she has the same ability as me.

LOVE

By

Dear Kaitlyn,

Thank you for teaching me to be nice to people. You made me realize

over the 4 years that you are sweet. You are kind and I'm going to

miss you. See you around.

Your Friend

By ie T.P.

taught me she may be different but she is the same as us. Like

sometimes, she walks slowly and leaves a gap in line. Sometimes she

takes too much home. And sometimes she runs in the hallway. And every

once in awhile she copies me.

taught me she was the same as every one else but it just takes

a while for her to learn. Like once she was doing the same thing as

us it took her awhile for her to learn it.

taught me not to treat people with Down syndrome any

differently. Like at the beginning of the year I stayed far away from

. But now I know her better so I am fine and she is great. She

is not different at all.

By: Elijah B

has taught me things over the course of the year. She has

taught me patience. She has taught me she is different. She has

taught me she isn't something to be afraid of. She has taught me she

is slower at some things than others. But she is still special

By: A.

Dear ,

You are the greatest friend. You have learned a lot of stuff when you

came to the class. Do you remember when I took you to the bus? And I

helped you catch up in line. All the enjoyable things I do for you

are because you are the finest friend. The first day I saw you, I

thought you were different than us. Now I know that you are just like

us.

By: Tania

At the beginning of the year. I didn't like because she looked

different. But then I found out that she has DOWN SYNDROME. It's when

your brain forms differently than normal kids' brain. It is hard to

understand her, so you have to listen carefully.

What I learned from is that kids with DOWN SYNDROME have it

hard. So you have to make sure you are nice to kids with DOWN

SYNDORME. But it is nice having her in the class.

By; P.

Kaitlyn taught me how people with Down syndrome are like regular

people. But she needs help but to remember not to ignore her. She is

a nice person and she might give you a hug in line. She might even

slow down the line a little bit, but that's OK because that's her

thing, So not push her she is like us.

YOUR FRIEND

By:

Dear and Mrs. P (her mom)

The thing I learned from is even though she has Down syndrome

she is like everyone else. She can do what she can do it just takes

longer for her to learn these things. There's other things that I

didn't understand like why she looks so different? Anther thing is,

why is she happy and smiling all the time? But I understand not that

this is the way she is and that I have to accept and get to know her.

There's another thing that she taught me and everyone else is that we

have to be patient with her. And that what we do she is going to do

and we have to show her good examples. What if we started acting mean

to people and disrespectful in front of her? She is going to do it

too and then we have to teach her all over again about these things

and set better examples. If we don't she is going to do it when she

is older and if we baby her she is not going to learn how not to do

things.

taught us a lot and she taught me that just because she looks

different doesn't mean she is that different. Everyone is different

and looks different in a lot of ways.

So I wanted to say thank you Mrs. P for bringing to our class.

I had a great time with her and matured a lot because of her. I love

, She's so sweet. I wish she could be in my class next year.

Thank you Mrs. P and you

LOVE

By: Manushka G

has Down syndrome. But she has taught us a lot. The thing O

learned is that people with Down syndrome aren't that bad, but of

course she has times when there's a gap in the line or times when she

hugs. In the beginning she did every single day. Now it slowed down.

I will miss but she is in a good place.

By: Katelyn D.

Dear ,

Over the year I learned that if you have Down syndrome that you are

not different from anybody else. I enjoyed you this year!

YOUR FRIEND

By

YES! you have permission to share this piece...

Guest guest

what a great bunch of kids and a great impact that has made! What is the grade level?Fort Wayne INmom to , 10 yrs old Ds and Hannah, 9 yrs old You decide...... .letters we received from fellow students from Kaitlyn being with her peers in general education. What we learned from Kaitlyn Pringle Mrs. Stamps Class/ Cape Coral, Florida has helped me learn that people with Down syndrome are just as cool as me. I did not think she was a capable as me but she is pretty cool. She has taught me do not judge a book by it's cover. That's because in the inside she is actually really cool. By H. Dear Kaitlyn, I learned people with Down syndrome aren't different. Their abilities don't work like everyone. But that doesn't mean they can't learn or become a normal person. When she likes something she gets happy and laughs. By Gregorio Dear , You have improved over the year. I think that is very intelligent for a girl who has Down Syndrome. I have taught her not to take someone's food even if he offers her his or her food. I learned from how girls with Down syndrome act/ I hope that does really good next year. By: Casey helped me by learning that even though she looks different on the outside she is still a regular person on the inside. But at first I did not really like her but now that it's almost the end of 4th grade she is really not different. She was just trying to learn from what we did but sometimes she copied us when we did something bad. From your friend By: nick I learned many things from P. I have also taught her stuff. I helped by getting her to her bus on time, I also helped by reading with her in reading class. I taught her not to throw food in the cafeteria. First, I helped get her bus on time, She rides 989 she almost always rides the bus. She always asks me if I can take her to her bus. Second, I helped her by reading with her in reading, We did a skit and she read with us. She didn't read the real story She just said words. Third, I taught her not to throw food in the cafeteria. She threw food a;; the time. We told Mrs. Rowe. She stopped. I think being in 's class helped me get to know her better. By: Kaitlyn taught me that there are millions and billions of people on the earth. We are all the same. You should not single people out and say that they are different. We are all just people By: S. I've learned from so many things but I think the most important thing is patience., I have learned that it takes patience to teach something and ever since I met her I have done half the yelling at my younger sister. With my sister it takes so much patience to teach her something new. I am really happy I have met . By: Amber I learned from that people with Down syndrome are not different. At the beginning of the year I thought she was not a cool person. But now I think differently Just because she is different, nobody needs to treat her differently. She is just a human being like us. By; Pascual helped me understand that people with Down Syndrome are like us in their own way. By: Ellis Dear , I want to tell you about all I learned from you. At the first day of school I thought I was cool and I used to say " Get away from me " . But now I understand that you are a normal person like me. I certainly hope you learned something from me because I learned a lot of stuff from you. LOVE By: Cristian has taught me by making me realized that no matter how different she is she is still a very nice person. I think Mrs. P (her mom) was very thoughtful to let be in around regular kids. Even though is different she is still a human being so you have to be kind and treat her with respect. One time I helped her by finding her bus on the chalkboard. (She even thanked me once) By:Blasia I learned from that people with Down syndrome are not different from us. is a good friend. She likes to hug people. She likes to be with her friends. I also learned from to be patient with my friends and family. And to not yell at my brothers By: S Dear , You have learned something and we did too. You taught me not to move from seat to seat. I also helped you with lots of things, like finding a book. I also helped with your stuff at the end of the day. LOVE By: Dear , You are a great girl. Please stay the same forever. Remember when and I helped you walk faster and go faster in the bathroom? You are like us but slower. No matter what, I'm your friend. LOVE By:Ariel Dear , We had good times. We had a good time in Kindergarten. You are a really good friend to me. We taught you how to be good, and you listened. I hope we have a good time on the last day of school. I learned from that she has the same ability as me. LOVE By Dear Kaitlyn, Thank you for teaching me to be nice to people. You made me realize over the 4 years that you are sweet. You are kind and I'm going to miss you. See you around. Your Friend By ie T.P. taught me she may be different but she is the same as us. Like sometimes, she walks slowly and leaves a gap in line. Sometimes she takes too much home. And sometimes she runs in the hallway. And every once in awhile she copies me. taught me she was the same as every one else but it just takes a while for her to learn. Like once she was doing the same thing as us it took her awhile for her to learn it. taught me not to treat people with Down syndrome any differently. Like at the beginning of the year I stayed far away from . But now I know her better so I am fine and she is great. She is not different at all. By: Elijah B has taught me things over the course of the year. She has taught me patience. She has taught me she is different. She has taught me she isn't something to be afraid of. She has taught me she is slower at some things than others. But she is still special By: A. Dear , You are the greatest friend. You have learned a lot of stuff when you came to the class. Do you remember when I took you to the bus? And I helped you catch up in line. All the enjoyable things I do for you are because you are the finest friend. The first day I saw you, I thought you were different than us. Now I know that you are just like us. By: Tania At the beginning of the year. I didn't like because she looked different. But then I found out that she has DOWN SYNDROME. It's when your brain forms differently than normal kids' brain. It is hard to understand her, so you have to listen carefully. What I learned from is that kids with DOWN SYNDROME have it hard. So you have to make sure you are nice to kids with DOWN SYNDORME. But it is nice having her in the class. By; P. Kaitlyn taught me how people with Down syndrome are like regular people. But she needs help but to remember not to ignore her. She is a nice person and she might give you a hug in line. She might even slow down the line a little bit, but that's OK because that's her thing, So not push her she is like us. YOUR FRIEND By: Dear and Mrs. P (her mom) The thing I learned from is even though she has Down syndrome she is like everyone else. She can do what she can do it just takes longer for her to learn these things. There's other things that I didn't understand like why she looks so different? Anther thing is, why is she happy and smiling all the time? But I understand not that this is the way she is and that I have to accept and get to know her. There's another thing that she taught me and everyone else is that we have to be patient with her. And that what we do she is going to do and we have to show her good examples. What if we started acting mean to people and disrespectful in front of her? She is going to do it too and then we have to teach her all over again about these things and set better examples. If we don't she is going to do it when she is older and if we baby her she is not going to learn how not to do things. taught us a lot and she taught me that just because she looks different doesn't mean she is that different. Everyone is different and looks different in a lot of ways. So I wanted to say thank you Mrs. P for bringing to our class. I had a great time with her and matured a lot because of her. I love , She's so sweet. I wish she could be in my class next year. Thank you Mrs. P and you LOVE By: Manushka G has Down syndrome. But she has taught us a lot. The thing O learned is that people with Down syndrome aren't that bad, but of course she has times when there's a gap in the line or times when she hugs. In the beginning she did every single day. Now it slowed down. I will miss but she is in a good place. By: Katelyn D. Dear , Over the year I learned that if you have Down syndrome that you are not different from anybody else. I enjoyed you this year! YOUR FRIEND By YES! you have permission to share this piece...

Guest guest

what a great bunch of kids and a great impact that has made! What is the grade level?Fort Wayne INmom to , 10 yrs old Ds and Hannah, 9 yrs old You decide...... .letters we received from fellow students from Kaitlyn being with her peers in general education. What we learned from Kaitlyn Pringle Mrs. Stamps Class/ Cape Coral, Florida has helped me learn that people with Down syndrome are just as cool as me. I did not think she was a capable as me but she is pretty cool. She has taught me do not judge a book by it's cover. That's because in the inside she is actually really cool. By H. Dear Kaitlyn, I learned people with Down syndrome aren't different. Their abilities don't work like everyone. But that doesn't mean they can't learn or become a normal person. When she likes something she gets happy and laughs. By Gregorio Dear , You have improved over the year. I think that is very intelligent for a girl who has Down Syndrome. I have taught her not to take someone's food even if he offers her his or her food. I learned from how girls with Down syndrome act/ I hope that does really good next year. By: Casey helped me by learning that even though she looks different on the outside she is still a regular person on the inside. But at first I did not really like her but now that it's almost the end of 4th grade she is really not different. She was just trying to learn from what we did but sometimes she copied us when we did something bad. From your friend By: nick I learned many things from P. I have also taught her stuff. I helped by getting her to her bus on time, I also helped by reading with her in reading class. I taught her not to throw food in the cafeteria. First, I helped get her bus on time, She rides 989 she almost always rides the bus. She always asks me if I can take her to her bus. Second, I helped her by reading with her in reading, We did a skit and she read with us. She didn't read the real story She just said words. Third, I taught her not to throw food in the cafeteria. She threw food a;; the time. We told Mrs. Rowe. She stopped. I think being in 's class helped me get to know her better. By: Kaitlyn taught me that there are millions and billions of people on the earth. We are all the same. You should not single people out and say that they are different. We are all just people By: S. I've learned from so many things but I think the most important thing is patience., I have learned that it takes patience to teach something and ever since I met her I have done half the yelling at my younger sister. With my sister it takes so much patience to teach her something new. I am really happy I have met . By: Amber I learned from that people with Down syndrome are not different. At the beginning of the year I thought she was not a cool person. But now I think differently Just because she is different, nobody needs to treat her differently. She is just a human being like us. By; Pascual helped me understand that people with Down Syndrome are like us in their own way. By: Ellis Dear , I want to tell you about all I learned from you. At the first day of school I thought I was cool and I used to say " Get away from me " . But now I understand that you are a normal person like me. I certainly hope you learned something from me because I learned a lot of stuff from you. LOVE By: Cristian has taught me by making me realized that no matter how different she is she is still a very nice person. I think Mrs. P (her mom) was very thoughtful to let be in around regular kids. Even though is different she is still a human being so you have to be kind and treat her with respect. One time I helped her by finding her bus on the chalkboard. (She even thanked me once) By:Blasia I learned from that people with Down syndrome are not different from us. is a good friend. She likes to hug people. She likes to be with her friends. I also learned from to be patient with my friends and family. And to not yell at my brothers By: S Dear , You have learned something and we did too. You taught me not to move from seat to seat. I also helped you with lots of things, like finding a book. I also helped with your stuff at the end of the day. LOVE By: Dear , You are a great girl. Please stay the same forever. Remember when and I helped you walk faster and go faster in the bathroom? You are like us but slower. No matter what, I'm your friend. LOVE By:Ariel Dear , We had good times. We had a good time in Kindergarten. You are a really good friend to me. We taught you how to be good, and you listened. I hope we have a good time on the last day of school. I learned from that she has the same ability as me. LOVE By Dear Kaitlyn, Thank you for teaching me to be nice to people. You made me realize over the 4 years that you are sweet. You are kind and I'm going to miss you. See you around. Your Friend By ie T.P. taught me she may be different but she is the same as us. Like sometimes, she walks slowly and leaves a gap in line. Sometimes she takes too much home. And sometimes she runs in the hallway. And every once in awhile she copies me. taught me she was the same as every one else but it just takes a while for her to learn. Like once she was doing the same thing as us it took her awhile for her to learn it. taught me not to treat people with Down syndrome any differently. Like at the beginning of the year I stayed far away from . But now I know her better so I am fine and she is great. She is not different at all. By: Elijah B has taught me things over the course of the year. She has taught me patience. She has taught me she is different. She has taught me she isn't something to be afraid of. She has taught me she is slower at some things than others. But she is still special By: A. Dear , You are the greatest friend. You have learned a lot of stuff when you came to the class. Do you remember when I took you to the bus? And I helped you catch up in line. All the enjoyable things I do for you are because you are the finest friend. The first day I saw you, I thought you were different than us. Now I know that you are just like us. By: Tania At the beginning of the year. I didn't like because she looked different. But then I found out that she has DOWN SYNDROME. It's when your brain forms differently than normal kids' brain. It is hard to understand her, so you have to listen carefully. What I learned from is that kids with DOWN SYNDROME have it hard. So you have to make sure you are nice to kids with DOWN SYNDORME. But it is nice having her in the class. By; P. Kaitlyn taught me how people with Down syndrome are like regular people. But she needs help but to remember not to ignore her. She is a nice person and she might give you a hug in line. She might even slow down the line a little bit, but that's OK because that's her thing, So not push her she is like us. YOUR FRIEND By: Dear and Mrs. P (her mom) The thing I learned from is even though she has Down syndrome she is like everyone else. She can do what she can do it just takes longer for her to learn these things. There's other things that I didn't understand like why she looks so different? Anther thing is, why is she happy and smiling all the time? But I understand not that this is the way she is and that I have to accept and get to know her. There's another thing that she taught me and everyone else is that we have to be patient with her. And that what we do she is going to do and we have to show her good examples. What if we started acting mean to people and disrespectful in front of her? She is going to do it too and then we have to teach her all over again about these things and set better examples. If we don't she is going to do it when she is older and if we baby her she is not going to learn how not to do things. taught us a lot and she taught me that just because she looks different doesn't mean she is that different. Everyone is different and looks different in a lot of ways. So I wanted to say thank you Mrs. P for bringing to our class. I had a great time with her and matured a lot because of her. I love , She's so sweet. I wish she could be in my class next year. Thank you Mrs. P and you LOVE By: Manushka G has Down syndrome. But she has taught us a lot. The thing O learned is that people with Down syndrome aren't that bad, but of course she has times when there's a gap in the line or times when she hugs. In the beginning she did every single day. Now it slowed down. I will miss but she is in a good place. By: Katelyn D. Dear , Over the year I learned that if you have Down syndrome that you are not different from anybody else. I enjoyed you this year! YOUR FRIEND By YES! you have permission to share this piece...

Guest guest

Guest guest

That just made my day! Dawnpringleclan wrote: You decide.......letters we received from fellow students from Kaitlyn being with her peers in general education.What we learned from Kaitlyn PringleMrs. Stamps Class/ Cape Coral, Florida has helped me learn that people with Down syndrome are just as cool as me. I did not think she was a capable as me but she is pretty cool. She has taught me do not judge a book by it's cover. That's because in the

inside she is actually really cool.By H.Dear Kaitlyn,I learned people with Down syndrome aren't different. Their abilities don't work like everyone. But that doesn't mean they can't learn or become a normal person. When she likes something she gets happy and laughs.By GregorioDear ,You have improved over the year. I think that is very intelligent for a girl who has Down Syndrome. I have taught her not to take someone's food even if he offers her his or her food. I learned from how girls with Down syndrome act/ I hope that does really good next year.By: Casey helped me by learning that even though she looks different on the outside she is still a regular person on the inside. But at first I did not really like her but now that it's almost the end of 4th grade she is really not different. She was just trying to learn from what we did

but sometimes she copied us when we did something bad.From your friendBy: nickI learned many things from P. I have also taught her stuff. I helped by getting her to her bus on time, I also helped by reading with her in reading class. I taught her not to throw food in the cafeteria.First, I helped get her bus on time, She rides 989 she almost always rides the bus. She always asks me if I can take her to her bus.Second, I helped her by reading with her in reading, We did a skit and she read with us. She didn't read the real story She just said words.Third, I taught her not to throw food in the cafeteria. She threw food a;; the time. We told Mrs. Rowe. She stopped.I think being in 's class helped me get to know her better.By: Kaitlyn taught me that there are millions and billions of people on the earth. We are all the same. You should not single

people out and say that they are different. We are all just peopleBy: S.I've learned from so many things but I think the most important thing is patience., I have learned that it takes patience to teach something and ever since I met her I have done half the yelling at my younger sister. With my sister it takes so much patience to teach her something new. I am really happy I have met .By: AmberI learned from that people with Down syndrome are not different. At the beginning of the year I thought she was not a cool person. But now I think differently Just because she is different, nobody needs to treat her differently. She is just a human being like us.By; Pascual helped me understand that people with Down Syndrome are like us in their own way.By: EllisDear ,I want to tell you about all I learned from you. At the first day

of school I thought I was cool and I used to say "Get away from me". But now I understand that you are a normal person like me. I certainly hope you learned something from me because I learned a lot of stuff from you.LOVEBy: Cristian has taught me by making me realized that no matter how different she is she is still a very nice person. I think Mrs. P (her mom) was very thoughtful to let be in around regular kids. Even though is different she is still a human being so you have to be kind and treat her with respect. One time I helped her by finding her bus on the chalkboard. (She even thanked me once)By:BlasiaI learned from that people with Down syndrome are not different from us. is a good friend. She likes to hug people. She likes to be with her friends. I also learned from to be patient with my friends and family. And to not yell at my

brothersBy: SDear ,You have learned something and we did too. You taught me not to move from seat to seat. I also helped you with lots of things, like finding a book. I also helped with your stuff at the end of the day.LOVEBy: Dear ,You are a great girl. Please stay the same forever. Remember when and I helped you walk faster and go faster in the bathroom? You are like us but slower. No matter what, I'm your friend.LOVEBy:ArielDear ,We had good times. We had a good time in Kindergarten. You are a really good friend to me. We taught you how to be good, and you listened. I hope we have a good time on the last day of school. I learned from that she has the same ability as me.LOVEBy Dear Kaitlyn,Thank you for teaching me to be nice to people. You made me realize over the 4 years

that you are sweet. You are kind and I'm going to miss you. See you around.Your FriendBy ie T.P. taught me she may be different but she is the same as us. Like sometimes, she walks slowly and leaves a gap in line. Sometimes she takes too much home. And sometimes she runs in the hallway. And every once in awhile she copies me. taught me she was the same as every one else but it just takes a while for her to learn. Like once she was doing the same thing as us it took her awhile for her to learn it. taught me not to treat people with Down syndrome any differently. Like at the beginning of the year I stayed far away from . But now I know her better so I am fine and she is great. She is not different at all.By: Elijah B has taught me things over the course of the year. She has taught me patience. She has taught me she is different. She has taught me

she isn't something to be afraid of. She has taught me she is slower at some things than others. But she is still specialBy: A.Dear ,You are the greatest friend. You have learned a lot of stuff when you came to the class. Do you remember when I took you to the bus? And I helped you catch up in line. All the enjoyable things I do for you are because you are the finest friend. The first day I saw you, I thought you were different than us. Now I know that you are just like us.By: TaniaAt the beginning of the year. I didn't like because she looked different. But then I found out that she has DOWN SYNDROME. It's when your brain forms differently than normal kids' brain. It is hard to understand her, so you have to listen carefully.What I learned from is that kids with DOWN SYNDROME have it hard. So you have to make sure you are nice to kids with DOWN SYNDORME. But

it is nice having her in the class.By; P.Kaitlyn taught me how people with Down syndrome are like regular people. But she needs help but to remember not to ignore her. She is a nice person and she might give you a hug in line. She might even slow down the line a little bit, but that's OK because that's her thing, So not push her she is like us.YOUR FRIENDBy: Dear and Mrs. P (her mom)The thing I learned from is even though she has Down syndrome she is like everyone else. She can do what she can do it just takes longer for her to learn these things. There's other things that I didn't understand like why she looks so different? Anther thing is, why is she happy and smiling all the time? But I understand not that this is the way she is and that I have to accept and get to know her.There's another thing that she taught me and everyone else is that we have to

be patient with her. And that what we do she is going to do and we have to show her good examples. What if we started acting mean to people and disrespectful in front of her? She is going to do it too and then we have to teach her all over again about these things and set better examples. If we don't she is going to do it when she is older and if we baby her she is not going to learn how not to do things. taught us a lot and she taught me that just because she looks different doesn't mean she is that different. Everyone is different and looks different in a lot of ways.So I wanted to say thank you Mrs. P for bringing to our class. I had a great time with her and matured a lot because of her. I love , She's so sweet. I wish she could be in my class next year.Thank you Mrs. P and you LOVEBy: Manushka G has Down syndrome. But she has taught us a lot. The thing O

learned is that people with Down syndrome aren't that bad, but of course she has times when there's a gap in the line or times when she hugs. In the beginning she did every single day. Now it slowed down. I will miss but she is in a good place.By: Katelyn D.Dear ,Over the year I learned that if you have Down syndrome that you are not different from anybody else. I enjoyed you this year!YOUR FRIENDBy YES! you have permission to share this piece...

Guest guest

A quick story from High School Inclusion...last week came home and said, 'My aide made me mad! I called her a 'F' word!"

All I could think is 'Well, that's not too bad, he made it to age 14 before using that word..."

---I looked at his communication notebook and it said ' got mad at me today, and he called me a Freak."

HAHAHA! I was thinking the OTHER F word!

, Mom to 14, DS, Southern CaliforniaTo succeed in life,you need three things:a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.~ Reba McIntyre

Diagnosis Down Syndrome: A Site of Hope for New Parents or Parents with a Prenatal Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/What to Say to Parents of a Child with a Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/speech.html

[DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Re: Does Inclusion really work

Push on, this is what happened with us after the third grade. Ms Stamp is about, or over 6 feet tall, she is very strong in her convictions and was sent to the IEP to get my Kaitlyn in the ESE classroom (out of gen ed) (BECAUSE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND GEN ED) She was very firm in telling me Kaitlyn can not keep up with 4th grade work, Kaitlyn will not be able to keep in the conversations and she will be most likely be made fun of. She told me that the kids form clicks and they build alliances and girls notice boys etc... AND I ASKED HER WHAT HER POINT IS.... it was very heated at moments with passion for being a mom and the passion she has to teach... Needless to say I had all my ducks in a row to keep Kaitlyn in General education because I could prove AYP and nothing negative in her prior years in general education... This was all in August. The first of December Ms. Stamp came to me, hugged me and began to cry.. THANK YOU MS PRINGLE I CAN NOT BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR THIS YEAR, as a teacher this has been the most rewarding experience I have ever had by having Kaitlyn in my classroom. If I ever get the opportunity to have another child in my classroom who has Down syndrome I will embrace it from the beginning..........fear of the unknown is all it was> > You decide...... .letters we received from fellow students from > > Kaitlyn being with her peers in general education.> > What we learned from Kaitlyn Pringle> > Mrs. Stamps Class/ Cape Coral, Florida> > has helped me learn that people with Down syndrome are just as > > cool as me. I did not think she was a capable as me but she is> pretty> > cool. She has taught me do not judge a book by it's cover. That's > > because in the inside she is actually really cool.> > By H.> > Dear Kaitlyn,> > I learned people with Down syndrome aren't different. Their> abilities> > don't work like everyone. But that doesn't mean they can't learn or > > become a normal person. When she likes something she gets happy and > > laughs.> > By Gregorio> > Dear ,> > You have improved over the year. I think that is very > > intelligent for a girl who has Down Syndrome. I have taught her not to > > take someone's food even if he offers her his or her food. I learned > > from how girls with Down syndrome act/ I hope that does > > really good next year.> > By: Casey> > helped me by learning that even though she looks different on > > the outside she is still a regular person on the inside. But at> first> > I did not really like her but now that it's almost the end of 4th > > grade she is really not different. She was just trying to learn from > > what we did but sometimes she copied us when we did something bad.> > From your friend> > By: nick> > I learned many things from P. I have also taught her stuff. I > > helped by getting her to her bus on time, I also helped by reading > > with her in reading class. I taught her not to throw food in the > > cafeteria.> > First, I helped get her bus on time, She rides 989 she almost > > always rides the bus. She always asks me if I can take her to her> bus.> >> > Second, I helped her by reading with her in reading, We did a skit and > > she read with us. She didn't read the real story She just said words.> > Third, I taught her not to throw food in the cafeteria. She threw food > > a;; the time. We told Mrs. Rowe. She stopped.> > I think being in 's class helped me get to know her better.> > By: > > Kaitlyn taught me that there are millions and billions of people on > > the earth. We are all the same. You should not single people out and > > say that they are different. We are all just people> > By: S.> > I've learned from so many things but I think the most> important> > thing is patience., I have learned that it takes patience to teach > > something and ever since I met her I have done half the> yelling> > at my younger sister. With my sister it takes so much patience to > > teach her something new. I am really happy I have met .> > By: Amber> > I learned from that people with Down syndrome are not different. > > At the beginning of the year I thought she was not a cool person. But > > now I think differently Just because she is different, nobody needs to > > treat her differently. She is just a human being> like> > us.> > By; Pascual> > helped me understand that people with Down Syndrome are like> us> > in their own way.> > By: Ellis> > Dear ,> > I want to tell you about all I learned from you. At the first day of > > school I thought I was cool and I used to say "Get away from me".> But> > now I understand that you are a normal person like me. I certainly > > hope you learned something from me because I learned a lot of stuff > > from you.> > LOVE> > By: Cristian> > has taught me by making me realized that no matter how different > > she is she is still a very nice person. I think Mrs. P> (her> > mom) was very thoughtful to let be in around regular kids.> Even> > though is different she is still a human being so you have to be > > kind and treat her with respect. One time I helped her by finding her > > bus on the chalkboard. (She even thanked me once)> > By:Blasia> > I learned from that people with Down syndrome are not> different> > from us. is a good friend. She likes to hug people. She likes to > > be with her friends. I also learned from to be patient with my > > friends and family. And to not yell at my brothers> > By: S> > Dear ,> > You have learned something and we did too. You taught me not to move > > from seat to seat. I also helped you with lots of things, like finding > > a book. I also helped with your stuff at the end of the day.> > LOVE> > By: > > Dear ,> > You are a great girl. Please stay the same forever. Remember when > > and I helped you walk faster and go faster in the bathroom?> You> > are like us but slower. No matter what, I'm your friend.> > LOVE> > By:Ariel> > Dear ,> > We had good times. We had a good time in Kindergarten. You are a > > really good friend to me. We taught you how to be good, and you > > listened. I hope we have a good time on the last day of school. I > > learned from that she has the same ability as me.> > LOVE> > By > > Dear Kaitlyn,> > Thank you for teaching me to be nice to people. You made me realize > > over the 4 years that you are sweet. You are kind and I'm going to > > miss you. See you around.> > Your Friend> > By ie T.P.> > taught me she may be different but she is the same as us. Like > > sometimes, she walks slowly and leaves a gap in line. Sometimes she > > takes too much home. And sometimes she runs in the hallway. And> every> > once in awhile she copies me.> > taught me she was the same as every one else but it just takes a > > while for her to learn. Like once she was doing the same thing as us > > it took her awhile for her to learn it.> > taught me not to treat people with Down syndrome any > > differently. Like at the beginning of the year I stayed far away> from> > . But now I know her better so I am fine and she is great. She is > > not different at all.> > By: Elijah B> > has taught me things over the course of the year. She has taught > > me patience. She has taught me she is different. She has taught me she > > isn't something to be afraid of. She has taught me she is slower at > > some things than others. But she is still special> > By: A.> > Dear ,> > You are the greatest friend. You have learned a lot of stuff when> you> > came to the class. Do you remember when I took you to the bus? And I > > helped you catch up in line. All the enjoyable things I do for you are > > because you are the finest friend. The first day I saw you, I thought > > you were different than us. Now I know that you are just> like> > us.> > By: Tania> > At the beginning of the year. I didn't like because she looked > > different. But then I found out that she has DOWN SYNDROME. It's> when> > your brain forms differently than normal kids' brain. It is hard to > > understand her, so you have to listen carefully.> > What I learned from is that kids with DOWN SYNDROME have it > > hard. So you have to make sure you are nice to kids with DOWN > > SYNDORME. But it is nice having her in the class.> > By; P.> > Kaitlyn taught me how people with Down syndrome are like regular > > people. But she needs help but to remember not to ignore her. She is a > > nice person and she might give you a hug in line. She might even slow > > down the line a little bit, but that's OK because that's her thing, So > > not push her she is like us.> > YOUR FRIEND> > By: > > Dear and Mrs. P (her mom)> > The thing I learned from is even though she has Down syndrome > > she is like everyone else. She can do what she can do it just takes > > longer for her to learn these things. There's other things that I > > didn't understand like why she looks so different? Anther thing is, > > why is she happy and smiling all the time? But I understand not that > > this is the way she is and that I have to accept and get to know> her.> >> > There's another thing that she taught me and everyone else is that> we> > have to be patient with her. And that what we do she is going to do > > and we have to show her good examples. What if we started acting> mean> > to people and disrespectful in front of her? She is going to do it too > > and then we have to teach her all over again about these things and > > set better examples. If we don't she is going to do it when she is > > older and if we baby her she is not going to learn how not to do > > things.> > taught us a lot and she taught me that just because she looks > > different doesn't mean she is that different. Everyone is different > > and looks different in a lot of ways.> > So I wanted to say thank you Mrs. P for bringing to our class. I > > had a great time with her and matured a lot because of her. I love > > , She's so sweet. I wish she could be in my class next year.> > Thank you Mrs. P and you > > LOVE> > By: Manushka G> > has Down syndrome. But she has taught us a lot. The thing O > > learned is that people with Down syndrome aren't that bad, but of > > course she has times when there's a gap in the line or times when> she> > hugs. In the beginning she did every single day. Now it slowed down. I > > will miss but she is in a good place.> > By: Katelyn D.> > Dear ,> > Over the year I learned that if you have Down syndrome that you are > > not different from anybody else. I enjoyed you this year!> > YOUR FRIEND> > By > > YES! you have permission to share this piece...> > <mailto:DownSyndromeInfoExchange >>