RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: New Member /RA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

I have had RA since 1997. I would think prednisone alone would definitely not be enough medication for it. Normally an RA patient is treated with a non-steroidal antiinflammatory (aspirin-type med) and a disease-modifying drug such as, methotrexate, sulfasalazine, plaquinil, and I've probably forgot one or more of them. In my case, while this treatment brought the EN under control, it wasn't enough for the pain and joint damage caused by the RA, so now I'm on Enbrel , a new class of RA drug which is known as a "TNF inhibitor" (plus a little methotrexate and an NSAID). There are others of that class besides Enbrel out there. If you have a solid diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis, I hope you will be able to see a rheumatologist and get further treatment to bring it under control. Of course prednisone is often used as well; just not for me because I am diabetic besides so steroids are not workable for me.

lie