RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: share

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi hon Well I know that I got it from a blood transfusion when I had my first child who is now 29 years old! But you are right, many ppl dont know where they got it from,, I think its not as important to figure where you got it as it is to take care of it,, you know what I mean? lol,, Some folks have NO risk factors, no IV drugs, no snorting drugs, no blood transfusions, no major surgery, no blood transfusions etc,,, some will never know for sure how they got this,, but it could be simple, like from a manicure or pedicure,, or getting your ears pierced,, anywhere that blood to blood contamination can happen,,, STEPHANIE COFFEE wrote: I found out that i had Hep. C back in April of 2001. I do not know how I got this diease and I have read that the majority of people with this diease do not know how or where they got it from. If anyone wants to share how they got it or how they found out that they have hep c. please share. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Jackie

Guest guest

Hi hon Well I know that I got it from a blood transfusion when I had my first child who is now 29 years old! But you are right, many ppl dont know where they got it from,, I think its not as important to figure where you got it as it is to take care of it,, you know what I mean? lol,, Some folks have NO risk factors, no IV drugs, no snorting drugs, no blood transfusions, no major surgery, no blood transfusions etc,,, some will never know for sure how they got this,, but it could be simple, like from a manicure or pedicure,, or getting your ears pierced,, anywhere that blood to blood contamination can happen,,, STEPHANIE COFFEE wrote: I found out that i had Hep. C back in April of 2001. I do not know how I got this diease and I have read that the majority of people with this diease do not know how or where they got it from. If anyone wants to share how they got it or how they found out that they have hep c. please share. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Jackie

Guest guest

Guest guest

I don’t actually know how I got hep

C, but I DID get hep B from using IV drugs when I was young….around

1970. I always thought that either hep C existed then and I had it, but they

just didn’t know how to test for it or somewhere along the line, I managed

to pick it up although I don’t know how. So you’re right……another

case of who knows?? No doubt, it was the drugs.

Dorothy

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of STEPHANIE COFFEE

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008

5:43 PM

To: Hepatitis_C_Central

Subject:

I found

out that i had Hep. C back in April of 2001. I do not know how I got this

diease and I have read that the majority of people with this diease do not know

how or where they got it from. If anyone wants to share how they got it or how

they found out that they have hep c. please share.

Guest guest

Dorothy

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of STEPHANIE COFFEE

Subject:

I found

Guest guest

Dorothy

Subject:

I found

Guest guest

well dorothy, you may have gotten hep c at the same time you were infected with hep b.. many ppl who have those risk's can be infected with both,, just like we know many with HIV have hep c too,, but you're right, we may never know,,, Dorothy wrote: I don’t actually know how I got hep C, but I DID get hep B from using IV drugs when I was young….around 1970. I always thought that either hep C existed then and I had it, but they just didn’t know how to test for it or somewhere along the line, I managed to pick it up although I don’t know how. So you’re right……another case of who knows?? No doubt, it was the drugs. Dorothy From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of STEPHANIE COFFEESent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:43 PMTo:

Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: share I found out that i had Hep. C back in April of 2001. I do not know how I got this diease and I have read that the majority of people with this diease do not know how or where they got it from. If anyone wants to share how they got it or how they found out that they have hep c. please share. Jackie

Guest guest

well dorothy, you may have gotten hep c at the same time you were infected with hep b.. many ppl who have those risk's can be infected with both,, just like we know many with HIV have hep c too,, but you're right, we may never know,,, Dorothy wrote: I don’t actually know how I got hep C, but I DID get hep B from using IV drugs when I was young….around 1970. I always thought that either hep C existed then and I had it, but they just didn’t know how to test for it or somewhere along the line, I managed to pick it up although I don’t know how. So you’re right……another case of who knows?? No doubt, it was the drugs. Dorothy From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of STEPHANIE COFFEESent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:43 PMTo:

Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: share I found out that i had Hep. C back in April of 2001. I do not know how I got this diease and I have read that the majority of people with this diease do not know how or where they got it from. If anyone wants to share how they got it or how they found out that they have hep c. please share. Jackie

Guest guest

Guest guest

That’s what I figure – they just

didn’t recognize it at that time or I got it after the dx of hep B.

Not something I’m proud of, but I

was a different person then and God, SO YOUNG!!!

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie on

5:51 PM

Subject: RE:

well dorothy, you may have gotten hep c at the same

time you were infected with hep b.. many ppl who have those risk's can be

infected with both,, just like we know many with HIV have hep c too,, but

you're right, we may never know,,,

Dorothy

<dorvoptonline (DOT) net> wrote:

1970. I always thought that either hep C existed then and I had it, but

they just didn’t know how to test for it or somewhere along the line, I

managed to pick it up although I don’t know how. So you’re

right……another case of who knows?? No doubt, it was the drugs.

Dorothy

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ]

On Behalf Of STEPHANIE COFFEE

Subject:

I found out that i had Hep. C back in April of 2001. I do not know how

I got this diease and I have read that the majority of people with this diease

do not know how or where they got it from. If anyone wants to share how they

got it or how they found out that they have hep c. please share.

Jackie

Guest guest

Well honey, WE ALL have things we're not too proud of in our past.... you are NOT THAT person now... and remember,, the Good Lord forgives us, so we have to forgive ourselves! Dorothy wrote: That’s what I figure – they just didn’t recognize it at that time or I got it after the dx of hep B. Not something I’m proud of, but I was a different person then and God, SO YOUNG!!! From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:51 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: share well dorothy, you may have gotten hep c at the same time you were infected with hep b.. many ppl who have those risk's can be infected with both,, just like we know many with HIV have hep c too,, but you're right, we may never know,,, Dorothy

<dorvoptonline (DOT) net> wrote: I don’t actually know how I got hep C, but I DID get hep B from using IV drugs when I was young….around 1970. I always thought that either hep C existed then and I had it, but they just didn’t know how to test for it or somewhere along the line, I managed to pick it up although I don’t know how. So you’re right……another case of who knows?? No doubt, it was the drugs. Dorothy From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of STEPHANIE COFFEESent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:43 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject:

share I found out that i had Hep. C back in April of 2001. I do not know how I got this diease and I have read that the majority of people with this diease do not know how or where they got it from. If anyone wants to share how they got it or how they found out that they have hep c. please share. Jackie Jackie

Guest guest

Well honey, WE ALL have things we're not too proud of in our past.... you are NOT THAT person now... and remember,, the Good Lord forgives us, so we have to forgive ourselves! Dorothy wrote: That’s what I figure – they just didn’t recognize it at that time or I got it after the dx of hep B. Not something I’m proud of, but I was a different person then and God, SO YOUNG!!! From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:51 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: share well dorothy, you may have gotten hep c at the same time you were infected with hep b.. many ppl who have those risk's can be infected with both,, just like we know many with HIV have hep c too,, but you're right, we may never know,,, Dorothy

<dorvoptonline (DOT) net> wrote: I don’t actually know how I got hep C, but I DID get hep B from using IV drugs when I was young….around 1970. I always thought that either hep C existed then and I had it, but they just didn’t know how to test for it or somewhere along the line, I managed to pick it up although I don’t know how. So you’re right……another case of who knows?? No doubt, it was the drugs. Dorothy From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of STEPHANIE COFFEESent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:43 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject:

share I found out that i had Hep. C back in April of 2001. I do not know how I got this diease and I have read that the majority of people with this diease do not know how or where they got it from. If anyone wants to share how they got it or how they found out that they have hep c. please share. Jackie Jackie

Guest guest

Guest guest

That’s the scary part. Manicures

are so common today that I can just imagine what has been passed around. When

I was young, no one got a manicure unless it was a special occasion – my first

one was for my wedding and I don’t think I ever had another until the

last 10 years when nail salons started popping up on every corner. I just did

my own nails.

Today, most girls won’t be seen

without having their nails done and I got into that weekly manicure habit too

for a long time – and as we all know, I’ve got HCV. I suppose it

was thoughtless to expose others, but I didn’t really think about it

ever. Now that I am so much more aware, I would feel awful if I had given

someone the virus through something like a manicure!

5:47 PM

Subject: Re:

Hi hon

Well I know that I got it from a blood transfusion

when I had my first child who is now 29 years old! But you are right,

many ppl dont know where they got it from,, I think its not as important to

figure where you got it as it is to take care of it,, you know what I mean?

lol,, Some folks have NO risk factors, no IV drugs, no snorting drugs, no

blood transfusions, no major surgery, no blood transfusions etc,,, some will

never know for sure how they got this,, but it could be simple, like from a

manicure or pedicure,, or getting your ears pierced,, anywhere that blood to

blood contamination can happen,,,

Guest guest

I got my hep c from a dirty needle stick when I worked as a paramedic . I also had a brother that had it and it was from a vaccine gun during the Viet Nam era but he passed away .Two of my sisters from California have it from iv drug use .

I found out that i had Hep. C back in April of 2001. I do not know how I got this diease and I have read that the majority of people with this diease do not know how or where they got it from. If anyone wants to share how they got it or how they found out that they have hep c. please share.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

I had suspected that I had hep for years and was often prodded to get tested. I was an intravenous drugs user for many years and used often in less than ideal circumstances. Almost everyone I knew growing up has this virus. When encouraged to get tested I dismissed doing so because it really didn't matter at the time. I was going towards an early grave with a miserable path that regardless. (April will be two years drug free so that all has changed.) I'm pretty sure that I'm in a minority on this list though. MikeSTEPHANIE COFFEE wrote: I found out that i had Hep. C back in April of 2001. I do not know how I got this diease and I have read that the majority of people with this diease do not know how or where they got it from. If anyone wants to share how they got it or how they found out that they have hep c. please share. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I had suspected that I had hep for years and was often prodded to get tested. I was an intravenous drugs user for many years and used often in less than ideal circumstances. Almost everyone I knew growing up has this virus. When encouraged to get tested I dismissed doing so because it really didn't matter at the time. I was going towards an early grave with a miserable path that regardless. (April will be two years drug free so that all has changed.) I'm pretty sure that I'm in a minority on this list though. MikeSTEPHANIE COFFEE wrote: I found out that i had Hep. C back in April of 2001. I do not know how I got this diease and I have read that the majority of people with this diease do not know how or where they got it from. If anyone wants to share how they got it or how they found out that they have hep c. please share. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Guest guest

I forgave myself a long time ago. I haven’t

been that girl in over 35 years! I wouldn’t even recognize her if I ran

into her in the street.

I just thank God that I lived to talk

about it J

6:10 PM

Well honey, WE ALL have things we're not too proud

of in our past.... you are NOT THAT person now... and remember,, the Good

Lord forgives us, so we have to forgive ourselves!

Dorothy

That’s what I figure – they

just didn’t recognize it at that time or I got it after the dx of hep B.

Not something I’m proud of,

but I was a different person then and God, SO YOUNG!!!

On Behalf Of Jackie on

5:51 PM

well dorothy, you may have gotten hep c at the same

time you were infected with hep b.. many ppl who have those risk's can be

infected with both,, just like we know many with HIV have hep c too,, but

you're right, we may never know,,,

Dorothy

1970. I always thought that either hep C existed then and I had it, but

they just didn’t know how to test for it or somewhere along the line, I

managed to pick it up although I don’t know how. So you’re

right……another case of who knows?? No doubt, it was the drugs.

Dorothy

On Behalf Of STEPHANIE COFFEE

Subject:

Jackie

Jackie

Guest guest

That is so sad, , that so many in

your family would have the virus and for different reasons. I’m sorry

for the loss of your brother and I hope that your sisters are well.

Dorothy

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of elizabethnv1

6:19 PM

I got my hep c from a dirty needle stick when I worked as a

paramedic . I also had a brother that had it and it was from a vaccine gun

during the Viet Nam era but

he passed away .Two of my sisters from California

have it from iv drug use .

__

Guest guest

well listen,, I WORKED GIVING Manicures and Pedicures!!! I didnt know I had it either, but because I was also a paramedic, I was very very careful with everyting,, I had disposable instruments that I used ONLY on one person, everything was sterilized and kept separately in an envelope with each clients name on it... I never cut anyone, we did not use those callus shavers in Oregon , they were illegal,, nor did we trip cuticles like they taught us to do in cosmetology school.. but after I found out I was infected, I was really really scared,, but I also educated myself and realized that just doing someones hands or feet could NOT infect them unless I cut them,, and I never did.. Every manicurists "SHOULD" be using universal precautions when doing nails period,, and if they did, then you did not risk contaminating anyone,, but the problem is that you never know,, you dont know how good each person IS at sanitation... I even sterilzed out the pedi bath inbetween clients,, just to make sure that the water and all the components to the foot bath was very clean,,, I had a 'thing' about that,, lol,, Dorothy wrote: That’s the scary part. Manicures are so common today that I can just imagine what has been passed around. When I was young, no one got a manicure unless it was a special occasion – my first one was for my wedding and I don’t think I ever had another until the last 10 years when nail salons started popping up on every corner. I just did my own nails. Today, most girls won’t be seen without having their nails done

and I got into that weekly manicure habit too for a long time – and as we all know, I’ve got HCV. I suppose it was thoughtless to expose others, but I didn’t really think about it ever. Now that I am so much more aware, I would feel awful if I had given someone the virus through something like a manicure! From: Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:47 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: share Hi hon Well I know that I got it from a blood transfusion when I had my first child who is now 29 years old! But you are right, many ppl dont know where they got it from,, I think its not as important to figure where you got it as it is to take care of it,, you know what I mean? lol,, Some folks have NO risk factors, no IV drugs, no snorting drugs, no blood transfusions, no major surgery, no blood transfusions etc,,, some will never know for sure how they got this,, but it could be simple, like from a manicure or pedicure,, or getting your ears pierced,, anywhere that blood to blood contamination can happen,,, Jackie

Guest guest

well listen,, I WORKED GIVING Manicures and Pedicures!!! I didnt know I had it either, but because I was also a paramedic, I was very very careful with everyting,, I had disposable instruments that I used ONLY on one person, everything was sterilized and kept separately in an envelope with each clients name on it... I never cut anyone, we did not use those callus shavers in Oregon , they were illegal,, nor did we trip cuticles like they taught us to do in cosmetology school.. but after I found out I was infected, I was really really scared,, but I also educated myself and realized that just doing someones hands or feet could NOT infect them unless I cut them,, and I never did.. Every manicurists "SHOULD" be using universal precautions when doing nails period,, and if they did, then you did not risk contaminating anyone,, but the problem is that you never know,, you dont know how good each person IS at sanitation... I even sterilzed out the pedi bath inbetween clients,, just to make sure that the water and all the components to the foot bath was very clean,,, I had a 'thing' about that,, lol,, Dorothy wrote: That’s the scary part. Manicures are so common today that I can just imagine what has been passed around. When I was young, no one got a manicure unless it was a special occasion – my first one was for my wedding and I don’t think I ever had another until the last 10 years when nail salons started popping up on every corner. I just did my own nails. Today, most girls won’t be seen without having their nails done

and I got into that weekly manicure habit too for a long time – and as we all know, I’ve got HCV. I suppose it was thoughtless to expose others, but I didn’t really think about it ever. Now that I am so much more aware, I would feel awful if I had given someone the virus through something like a manicure! From: Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:47 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: share Hi hon Well I know that I got it from a blood transfusion when I had my first child who is now 29 years old! But you are right, many ppl dont know where they got it from,, I think its not as important to figure where you got it as it is to take care of it,, you know what I mean? lol,, Some folks have NO risk factors, no IV drugs, no snorting drugs, no blood transfusions, no major surgery, no blood transfusions etc,,, some will never know for sure how they got this,, but it could be simple, like from a manicure or pedicure,, or getting your ears pierced,, anywhere that blood to blood contamination can happen,,, Jackie

Guest guest

Guest guest

My friends also all had it. My best

friend (my maid of honor) died at 41 when her liver shut down. Some I lost

track of, some were treated with success, and some still chose to ignore it –

my own estranged husband included.

If you mean a minority in so far as drug

use, I’m with you and I suspect we’re not alone.

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of m human

6:21 PM

I had suspected that I had hep for years and was often prodded to get

tested. I was an intravenous drugs user for many years and used often in less

than ideal circumstances. Almost everyone I knew growing up has this virus.

When encouraged to get tested I dismissed doing so because it really didn't

matter at the time. I was going towards an early grave with a miserable path

that regardless. (April will be two years drug free so that all has changed.)

I'm pretty sure that I'm in a minority on this list though.

Mike

STEPHANIE COFFEE

<srcoffee142001> wrote:

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try

it now.

Guest guest

thats great,, and WE thank God that you are still here too! Dorothy wrote: I forgave myself a long time ago. I haven’t been that girl in over 35 years! I wouldn’t even recognize her if I ran into her in the street. I just thank God that I lived to talk about it J From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 6:10 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE:

share Well honey, WE ALL have things we're not too proud of in our past.... you are NOT THAT person now... and remember,, the Good Lord forgives us, so we have to forgive ourselves! Dorothy <dorvoptonline (DOT) net> wrote: That’s what I figure – they just didn’t recognize it at that time or I got it after the dx of hep B. Not something I’m proud of, but I was a different person then and God, SO YOUNG!!! From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:51 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: share well dorothy, you may have gotten hep c at the same time you were infected with hep b.. many ppl who have those risk's can be infected with both,, just like we know many with HIV have hep c too,, but you're right, we may never know,,, Dorothy

<dorvoptonline (DOT) net> wrote: I don’t actually know how I got hep C, but I DID get hep B from using IV drugs when I was young….around 1970. I always thought that either hep C existed then and I had it, but they just didn’t know how to test for it or somewhere along the line, I managed to pick it up although I don’t know how. So you’re right……another case of who knows?? No doubt, it was the drugs. Dorothy From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of STEPHANIE COFFEESent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:43 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: share I found out that i had Hep. C back in April of 2001. I do not know how I got this diease and I have read that the majority of people with this diease do not know how or where they got it from. If anyone wants to share how they got it or how they found out that they have hep c. please share. Jackie Jackie Jackie