RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Confused a little bit

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Stop reading and you won't be confused! LOL .......... My son also is as blessed as yours......and that is what it is.......a blessing. We are fortunate to not have any major DS related issues. I have to say that as he gets older there have been minor issues developing....again.......a blessing nothing major........His speech therapist questions whether he might be Mosaic.......we have decide not to retest......does it really matter.... he is who he is and he is perfect to us........extra chromosone and all!!!!!!!!!

Dawn

Mom to angel 22 mos.Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

Guest guest

Stop reading and you won't be confused! LOL .......... My son also is as blessed as yours......and that is what it is.......a blessing. We are fortunate to not have any major DS related issues. I have to say that as he gets older there have been minor issues developing....again.......a blessing nothing major........His speech therapist questions whether he might be Mosaic.......we have decide not to retest......does it really matter.... he is who he is and he is perfect to us........extra chromosone and all!!!!!!!!!

Dawn

Mom to angel 22 mos.Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

Guest guest

That is great that he is doing so well!

My experience was somewhat different because Faith was born 5 weeks early weighing only 3 pounds with two heart defects (PDA and VSD). So her development was very slow, she was working hard just trying to stay alive. If your son is healthy, that is a great start for him.

Not all children with DS are delayed in all areas. Even with Faith's late start on hitting physical milestones she still walked at 22 months. She "graduated" from physical therapy at about 4 years old. She swims very well and we are working on riding a bike.

There is no way to predict if your son will stay on target for physical milestones, but he is sure off to a good start!

Enjoy him!

ette

mom to Faith (10)DS

-------------- Original message from "nzinghas@..." : --------------

Having read books, websites, and messages on this list I'm left a tad bit confused. I'm not sure if this is an indication of things to come, or just something I should thank God for and read no more into it.

According to books, websites, and messages on this list a baby with down syndrome should be a bit floppy. Like if I lie Umar down on his back his limbs sort of fall to his side.. ect.

I've had nothing of the sort from him, he is extremely active and it surprises his dr and physical therapist. We have had an issue with him preferring to look to the right instead of straight up. Not that he can't simply he doesn't want to. He is on time with milestones for a just turned three month old. He holds his head up, although still a bit wobbly to be expected at his age. Will hold his head up for long period of time while on his stomach and no support from me. He doesn't keep still, his legs are active and not he brings them together, in fact I'm waiting for him to run away any day now (just like my first son) he is very in tune to his surroundings. Will slowly move when laying on his back on the floor. Can roll from stomach to his back when he wants to. Doesn't sleep much at all during the day (I can barely get a good twenty minutes from this boy) found his hands and is quite amused. Is beginning to reach out for toys, is eating cereal with a spoon. He is talking to me and gets very active when I speak to him. Will even demand my attention when he feels I'm over looking him (I'm in trouble with this part)

So when I mean spot on for milestones he is just that. I'm waiting for what I'm reading.. should I take this to be an indication of something, at least his physical abilities? Or should I just expect that this can change at any minute.

According to the Drs here, he doesn't have mosaic down syndrome. Of course how they test we have doubts but don't know what we should seek to have tested. I don't doubt he has DS I mean I can see some of the physical features, small ears and sort of low, small hands and limbs in relation to his body. His cute big toe which is farther apart than should be. So the physical features I see.. but physical abilities remind me of all of my other children none of which have DS.

____________________________________________________________ Security Camera for your small business. Click Now!

Guest guest

Why

are you confused?

KathyR

-------------- Original message

from " nzinghas@... " : --------------

Having read books, websites, and messages on this list I'm left a tad bit

confused. I'm not sure if this is an indication of things to come, or just

something I should thank God for and read no more into it.

According to books, websites, and messages on this list a baby with down

syndrome should be a bit floppy. Like if I lie Umar down on his back his limbs

sort of fall to his side.. ect.

I've had nothing of the sort from him, he is extremely active and it

surprises his dr and physical therapist. We have had an issue with him

preferring to look to the right instead of straight up. Not that he can't

simply he doesn't want to. He is on time with milestones for a just turned

three month old. He holds his head up, although still a bit wobbly to be

expected at his age. Will hold his head up for long period of time while on his

stomach and no support from me. He doesn't keep still, his legs are active and

not he brings them together, in fact I'm waiting for him to run away any day

now (just like my first son) he is very in tune to his surroundings. Will

slowly move when laying on his back on the floor. Can roll from stomach to his

back when he wants to. Doesn't sleep much at all during the day (I can barely

get a good twenty minutes from this boy) found his hands and is quite amused.

Is beginning to reach out for toys, is eating cereal with a spoon. He is

talking to me and gets very active when I speak to him. Will even demand my

attention when he feels I'm over looking him (I'm in trouble with this part)

So when I mean spot on for milestones he is just that. I'm waiting for what

I'm reading.. should I take this to be an indication of something, at least his

physical abilities? Or should I just expect that this can change at any minute.

According to the Drs here, he doesn't have mosaic down syndrome. Of course

how they test we have doubts but don't know what we should seek to have tested.

I don't doubt he has DS I mean I can see some of the physical features, small

ears and sort of low, small hands and limbs in relation to his body. His cute

big toe which is farther apart than should be. So the physical features I see..

but physical abilities remind me of all of my other children none of which have

DS.

Guest guest

Why

are you confused?

KathyR

-------------- Original message

from " nzinghas@... " : --------------

Having read books, websites, and messages on this list I'm left a tad bit

confused. I'm not sure if this is an indication of things to come, or just

something I should thank God for and read no more into it.

According to books, websites, and messages on this list a baby with down

syndrome should be a bit floppy. Like if I lie Umar down on his back his limbs

sort of fall to his side.. ect.

I've had nothing of the sort from him, he is extremely active and it

surprises his dr and physical therapist. We have had an issue with him

preferring to look to the right instead of straight up. Not that he can't

simply he doesn't want to. He is on time with milestones for a just turned

three month old. He holds his head up, although still a bit wobbly to be

expected at his age. Will hold his head up for long period of time while on his

stomach and no support from me. He doesn't keep still, his legs are active and

not he brings them together, in fact I'm waiting for him to run away any day

now (just like my first son) he is very in tune to his surroundings. Will

slowly move when laying on his back on the floor. Can roll from stomach to his

back when he wants to. Doesn't sleep much at all during the day (I can barely

get a good twenty minutes from this boy) found his hands and is quite amused.

Is beginning to reach out for toys, is eating cereal with a spoon. He is

talking to me and gets very active when I speak to him. Will even demand my

attention when he feels I'm over looking him (I'm in trouble with this part)

So when I mean spot on for milestones he is just that. I'm waiting for what

I'm reading.. should I take this to be an indication of something, at least his

physical abilities? Or should I just expect that this can change at any minute.

According to the Drs here, he doesn't have mosaic down syndrome. Of course

how they test we have doubts but don't know what we should seek to have tested.

I don't doubt he has DS I mean I can see some of the physical features, small

ears and sort of low, small hands and limbs in relation to his body. His cute

big toe which is farther apart than should be. So the physical features I see..

but physical abilities remind me of all of my other children none of which have

DS.

Guest guest

Every child is different.

Maybe your child is less low tone than others. I have met other boys with DS who are spot on the physical gross motor. Not so many girls.

My talks more than any child I have ever met with DS. Ever child is different. Look out : ) He sounds like he is gonna keep you hopping.

Steph

RE: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Confused a little bit

Why are you confused?

KathyR

-------------- Original message from "nzinghasjuno" <NzinghaSjuno>: --------------

Having read books, websites, and messages on this list I'm left a tad bit confused. I'm not sure if this is an indication of things to come, or just something I should thank God for and read no more into it.

According to books, websites, and messages on this list a baby with down syndrome should be a bit floppy. Like if I lie Umar down on his back his limbs sort of fall to his side.. ect.

I've had nothing of the sort from him, he is extremely active and it surprises his dr and physical therapist. We have had an issue with him preferring to look to the right instead of straight up. Not that he can't simply he doesn't want to. He is on time with milestones for a just turned three month old. He holds his head up, although still a bit wobbly to be expected at his age. Will hold his head up for long period of time while on his stomach and no support from me. He doesn't keep still, his legs are active and not he brings them together, in fact I'm waiting for him to run away any day now (just like my first son) he is very in tune to his surroundings. Will slowly move when laying on his back on the floor. Can roll from stomach to his back when he wants to. Doesn't sleep much at all during the day (I can barely get a good twenty minutes from this boy) found his hands and is quite amused. Is beginning to reach out for toys, is eating cereal with a spoon. He is talking to me and gets very active when I speak to him. Will even demand my attention when he feels I'm over looking him (I'm in trouble with this part)

So when I mean spot on for milestones he is just that. I'm waiting for what I'm reading.. should I take this to be an indication of something, at least his physical abilities? Or should I just expect that this can change at any minute.

According to the Drs here, he doesn't have mosaic down syndrome. Of course how they test we have doubts but don't know what we should seek to have tested. I don't doubt he has DS I mean I can see some of the physical features, small ears and sort of low, small hands and limbs in relation to his body. His cute big toe which is farther apart than should be. So the physical features I see.. but physical abilities remind me of all of my other children none of which have DS.

Guest guest

Every child is different.

Maybe your child is less low tone than others. I have met other boys with DS who are spot on the physical gross motor. Not so many girls.

My talks more than any child I have ever met with DS. Ever child is different. Look out : ) He sounds like he is gonna keep you hopping.

Steph

Why are you confused?

KathyR

-------------- Original message from "nzinghasjuno" <NzinghaSjuno>: --------------

Guest guest

You are blessed! Yes, it is something you should thank God for! And if he keeps reaching developmental milestones in step with typical children, won't he be a great ambassador for DS to show people the potential of these kids! Oh no, it isn't something that is going to change any minute. Our low tone kids are low tone from birth. I do remember some discussion somewhere (might have been another group) about testing for Mosiac DS. That the standard testing for DS does not look at enough cells to properly identify Mosiac DS. So, a percentage of our kids w DS have Mosaic and the parents don't know it, because adequate testing was not done. Kristy Colvin could tell you more about what type of test you should request. Her website: www.imdsa.com Keep us posted on this little guy's

progress. He sounds like a real champion! Blessings, "nzinghas@..." wrote: Having read books, websites, and messages on this list I'm left a tad bit confused. I'm not sure if this is an indication of things to come, or just something I should thank God for and read no more into it. According to books, websites, and messages on this list a baby with down syndrome should be a bit floppy. Like if I lie Umar down on his back his

limbs sort of fall to his side.. ect. I've had nothing of the sort from him, he is extremely active and it surprises his dr and physical therapist. We have had an issue with him preferring to look to the right instead of straight up. Not that he can't simply he doesn't want to. He is on time with milestones for a just turned three month old. He holds his head up, although still a bit wobbly to be expected at his age. Will hold his head up for long period of time while on his stomach and no support from me. He doesn't keep still, his legs are active and not he brings them together, in fact I'm waiting for him to run away any day now (just like my first son) he is very in tune to his surroundings. Will slowly move when laying on his back on the floor. Can roll from stomach to his back when he wants to. Doesn't sleep much at all during the day (I can barely get a good twenty minutes from this boy) found his hands and is quite amused. Is beginning to reach out for

toys, is eating cereal with a spoon. He is talking to me and gets very active when I speak to him. Will even demand my attention when he feels I'm over looking him (I'm in trouble with this part) So when I mean spot on for milestones he is just that. I'm waiting for what I'm reading.. should I take this to be an indication of something, at least his physical abilities? Or should I just expect that this can change at any minute. According to the Drs here, he doesn't have mosaic down syndrome. Of course how they test we have doubts but don't know what we should seek to have tested. I don't doubt he has DS I mean I can see some of the physical features, small ears and sort of low, small hands and limbs in relation to his body. His cute big toe which is farther apart than should be. So the physical features I see.. but physical abilities remind me of all of my other children none of which have DS. ____________________________________________________________ Security Camera for your small business. Click Now!

Guest guest

You are blessed! Yes, it is something you should thank God for! And if he keeps reaching developmental milestones in step with typical children, won't he be a great ambassador for DS to show people the potential of these kids! Oh no, it isn't something that is going to change any minute. Our low tone kids are low tone from birth. I do remember some discussion somewhere (might have been another group) about testing for Mosiac DS. That the standard testing for DS does not look at enough cells to properly identify Mosiac DS. So, a percentage of our kids w DS have Mosaic and the parents don't know it, because adequate testing was not done. Kristy Colvin could tell you more about what type of test you should request. Her website: www.imdsa.com Keep us posted on this little guy's

progress. He sounds like a real champion! Blessings, "nzinghas@..." wrote: Having read books, websites, and messages on this list I'm left a tad bit confused. I'm not sure if this is an indication of things to come, or just something I should thank God for and read no more into it. According to books, websites, and messages on this list a baby with down syndrome should be a bit floppy. Like if I lie Umar down on his back his

limbs sort of fall to his side.. ect. I've had nothing of the sort from him, he is extremely active and it surprises his dr and physical therapist. We have had an issue with him preferring to look to the right instead of straight up. Not that he can't simply he doesn't want to. He is on time with milestones for a just turned three month old. He holds his head up, although still a bit wobbly to be expected at his age. Will hold his head up for long period of time while on his stomach and no support from me. He doesn't keep still, his legs are active and not he brings them together, in fact I'm waiting for him to run away any day now (just like my first son) he is very in tune to his surroundings. Will slowly move when laying on his back on the floor. Can roll from stomach to his back when he wants to. Doesn't sleep much at all during the day (I can barely get a good twenty minutes from this boy) found his hands and is quite amused. Is beginning to reach out for

toys, is eating cereal with a spoon. He is talking to me and gets very active when I speak to him. Will even demand my attention when he feels I'm over looking him (I'm in trouble with this part) So when I mean spot on for milestones he is just that. I'm waiting for what I'm reading.. should I take this to be an indication of something, at least his physical abilities? Or should I just expect that this can change at any minute. According to the Drs here, he doesn't have mosaic down syndrome. Of course how they test we have doubts but don't know what we should seek to have tested. I don't doubt he has DS I mean I can see some of the physical features, small ears and sort of low, small hands and limbs in relation to his body. His cute big toe which is farther apart than should be. So the physical features I see.. but physical abilities remind me of all of my other children none of which have DS. ____________________________________________________________ Security Camera for your small business. Click Now!

Guest guest

I was told my daughter would be floppy like a rag doll. She's not floppy at all. She's 2 years old and met all her milestones on target. She walked at 15 months and now is running. We believe she could possibly be mosaic Down syndrome but haven't had her retested. She has a few features of DS but not that noticable. She even have some features of my daughter that has Trisomy 10q. (not at all related to Trisomy 21) Her therapists are wondering each week just what new things she has taught herself and they are always trying to come up with new things to teach her before she teaches herself. She taught herself to sommersault!!

Why are you confused?

KathyR

Guest guest

I was told my daughter would be floppy like a rag doll. She's not floppy at all. She's 2 years old and met all her milestones on target. She walked at 15 months and now is running. We believe she could possibly be mosaic Down syndrome but haven't had her retested. She has a few features of DS but not that noticable. She even have some features of my daughter that has Trisomy 10q. (not at all related to Trisomy 21) Her therapists are wondering each week just what new things she has taught herself and they are always trying to come up with new things to teach her before she teaches herself. She taught herself to sommersault!!

Why are you confused?

KathyR

Guest guest

Sounds like Umar is acting just like my Gabe did at that age. One of

the nurse's first comments at birth was " he's supposed to have low

muscle tone, but his is high. " I learned right away that you don't

tell a child what he's " supposed " to do with his extra chromosome!

Gabe was never floppy, in fact he was nonstop motion, kicking,

squirming, wiggling, and of eleven children he was my youngest to

roll over. He hit all of the milestones right on time until he was

about 6-9 months old. Since then he's slowed down just as his peers

have taken off. But, I just keep in mind that he's still

just " supposed " to do what he does, when he does it, and we just

enjoy the experience. Gabe was two in March and his behavior,

speech, and physical development are probably right on track for an

18 month old.

Be careful about comparisons. I had a teenage niece (homeschooled)

who was working on her math in July and I asked why she had to work

through the summer. She said, " Because I'm behind. " I asked

her, " Behind who? " Life is not a competition unless we make it one.

Enjoy your beautiful boy!

--northern Wisconsin

>

> Having read books, websites, and messages on this list I'm left a

tad bit confused. I'm not sure if this is an indication of things to

come, or just something I should thank God for and read no more into

it.

> According to books, websites, and messages on this list a baby with

down syndrome should be a bit floppy. Like if I lie Umar down on his

back his limbs sort of fall to his side.. ect.

> I've had nothing of the sort from him, he is extremely active and

it surprises his dr and physical therapist. We have had an issue with

him preferring to look to the right instead of straight up. Not that

he can't simply he doesn't want to. He is on time with milestones for

a just turned three month old. He holds his head up, although still a

bit wobbly to be expected at his age. Will hold his head up for long

period of time while on his stomach and no support from me. He

doesn't keep still, his legs are active and not he brings them

together, in fact I'm waiting for him to run away any day now (just

like my first son) he is very in tune to his surroundings. Will

slowly move when laying on his back on the floor. Can roll from

stomach to his back when he wants to. Doesn't sleep much at all

during the day (I can barely get a good twenty minutes from this boy)

found his hands and is quite amused. Is beginning to reach out for

toys, is eating cereal with a spoon. He is talking to me and gets

very active when I speak to him. Will even demand my attention when

he feels I'm over looking him (I'm in trouble with this part)

>

> So when I mean spot on for milestones he is just that. I'm waiting

for what I'm reading.. should I take this to be an indication of

something, at least his physical abilities? Or should I just expect

that this can change at any minute.

> According to the Drs here, he doesn't have mosaic down syndrome. Of

course how they test we have doubts but don't know what we should

seek to have tested. I don't doubt he has DS I mean I can see some of

the physical features, small ears and sort of low, small hands and

limbs in relation to his body. His cute big toe which is farther

apart than should be. So the physical features I see.. but physical

abilities remind me of all of my other children none of which have

DS.

>

> ____________________________________________________________

> Security Camera for your small business. Click Now!

>

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3mYHqFAFhnyyGd0M5zB3

vpsOYfAYRu0yRkpoImyC59WCLn9t/

>