RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Keira's 1st cast

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Liz,That is too funny about the seed, but like you said a little scary that it was sprouting. Good luck with the new cast. Keep us posted.TashaMommy of twin boys- and 3 years oldFort Worth, Texas is 7.5 degrees and brace free during the day!!!Casting 14 months and bracing 10 monthsSubject: Keira's 1st castTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 6:28 PM

We are in SLC and when they took off Keira's 1st cast today, she

actually had a seed that had sprouted on her back!!!! It was funny,

but it did make a little sore on her back where the roots were trying

to embed, so that was a little scary.

Keira loves to fill the bird feeders at my Mom's house, so I imagine

that is where it came from. So we will need to be more careful.

Keira had a big growth spurt in this cast. To me her curve looks

worse, I don't remember it looking that bad, but maybe it is that I

forgot over the past few months what it looked like.

The doctor said that he thought she looked good, so I am going with that.

They are casting 4 kids tomorrow, I am not sure if any of them are

from this group, but if you are and you read emails let Angie know and

perhaps we could meet.

Liz on

w

Guest guest

Wow, amazing what you can find when those casts come off.

Perhaps a file should be started of interesting things found inside the casts.

Gail

June was National Scoliosis Awareness Month!Please visit http://www.scoliosis.org/ for more information.********************************************************************Mom to , 11/28/98 - ADHD/ODD/SIDand , 02/02/02 - Congenital Scoliosis, VATER Association (vertebral and renal anomalies), Torticollis, Klippel Feil Syndrome, Fused Ribs, First VEPTR Recipient at Cincinnati Children's Hospital 3/21/05, VEPTR Expansions: 11/05, 04/20/06 & 6/12/08; Mole (Spitz Nevus) removal: 11/26/07 & 2/11/08

Subject: Keira's 1st castTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 6:28 PM

We are in SLC and when they took off Keira's 1st cast today, sheactually had a seed that had sprouted on her back!!!! It was funny,but it did make a little sore on her back where the roots were tryingto embed, so that was a little scary.Keira loves to fill the bird feeders at my Mom's house, so I imaginethat is where it came from. So we will need to be more careful.Keira had a big growth spurt in this cast. To me her curve looksworse, I don't remember it looking that bad, but maybe it is that Iforgot over the past few months what it looked like.The doctor said that he thought she looked good, so I am going with that.They are casting 4 kids tomorrow, I am not sure if any of them arefrom this group, but if you are and you read emails let Angie know andperhaps we could meet.Liz onw

Guest guest

Good luck with the next cast!

jill

Subject: Keira's 1st castTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 7:28 PM

We are in SLC and when they took off Keira's 1st cast today, sheactually had a seed that had sprouted on her back!!!! It was funny,but it did make a little sore on her back where the roots were tryingto embed, so that was a little scary.Keira loves to fill the bird feeders at my Mom's house, so I imaginethat is where it came from. So we will need to be more careful.Keira had a big growth spurt in this cast. To me her curve looksworse, I don't remember it looking that bad, but maybe it is that Iforgot over the past few months what it looked like.The doctor said that he thought she looked good, so I am going with that.They are casting 4 kids tomorrow, I am not sure if any of them arefrom this group, but if you are and you read emails let Angie know andperhaps we could meet.Liz onw