RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Get Ripped #1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Finally got my workout in at about 6 PM. I have to say that if I were not in this rotation I probably would have skipped it but I didn't want to have to post that I skipped it so I worked out! I was glad to have done it too.

I only have dumbbells and other times I've done this workout I've usually picked weights below what the dumbbell user has (Krista? I'll know for sure by Friday!) but today I decided to challenge myself more and match her for most exercises. Those weights seemed really good for me today too. Is anyone else using dumbbells and no barbell?

Here's what I did:

Warmup: 10s

Legs: 10s for all squats but will go with 12s (the heaviest I have) next time

Pushups: did all on my toes, didn't count how many there were but it wasn't too difficult

Chest Press: like said, I didn't think these were ever going to end. I used 10s and was okay with those but definitely very challenging.

Lying Pullovers: 10

Skullcrushers: 8s.

Tricep Press: can't remember what the modifier used, I think 5s and that's what I had. I can't remember how that went but might go with 7s Wednesday.

Adductors and Abductors: no weight. By the end of each I was pretty done but I might still try light ankle weights Wednesday.

Deadlifts and rows: I used 10s but they were very challenging for the combination deadlifts/rows and the 3 sort of pulsing rows. Not sure my form was really clean towards the end so I might try 8s next time to see if that helps. If they're too light I'll go back to the 10s.

Lunges: I held 10s but my balance was way out of whack with them. Will try it again though.

Biceps: modifier had 7.5s but I only have 7s or 8s so I chose 7s but will use 8s Wednesday. Possibly 10s.

Lateral and Front Raise: one of my least favorite exercises, possibly only less hated than front raises primarily because they're so hard for me and my shoulders are so weak. I force myself to do them because I really want and need to strengthen my shoulders. I used 3s for both and that was just right (and hard).

Abdominals: Might try these on the ball next time.

I burned 178 calories which is fine though with all the stuff I ate at the bbq this afternoon it didn't really make much of a dent! The rest of the week should be more in control! Will be interesting to see if I have DOMS tomorrow. I'm still feeling the workout especially in my shoulders 2 hours later!

I love having a spreadsheet printed out to keep track of this stuff! Have to do a quick bit of grocery shopping tomorrow and might drift toward the school supplies and look for that cute binder to keep these in (even though I'll still have the kids tomorrow)! :-)

I need to plan my cardio/abs/yoga workouts for the month still and will try to do some of that tonight.

Guest guest

Great job, !

I'm used my curl bar for the barbell work this time, but may change it

up. The curl bar isn't very comfortable on my shoulders, so I might be

better off with dumbbells. Love it for the barbell bi curls, though.

Funny what you (and others) said about the chest presses. I thought

they were challenging as well, but would rather do chest presses all

day long than any push ups, lol. Though I did find the push up segment

much shorter than expected and probably should have tried them on my

ties! <blush> ;)

Kudos for getting to the workout after the family bbq (or bib, lol)

too! I know I would have struggled for sure, as I'm sure I would have

had too much food and had a pretty rough time doing ripped with all the

extra food in my stomach, lol.

Sara

>

> Finally got my workout in at about 6 PM. I have to say that if I were

not in this rotation I probably would have skipped it but I didn't want

to have to post that I skipped it so I worked out! I was glad to have

done it too.

>

Guest guest

Thanks Sara!

I actually like pushups only because they're so challenging and I've seen myself make progress with them. I do like chest presses too just using the 10s to do them was particularly difficult with that many of them.

I thought carefully during the spell check last time to make sure I wouldn't be talking about a bib (but I did get to hold and feed and cuddle my 2.5 month old niece quite a bit, not that she was wearing a bib today but it sort of could work)! Anyway, dinner was done by 2:30 or so and I didn't work out until just after 6 so it was okay. Gotta plan some serious cardio for tomorrow though! :-)

Re: Get Ripped #1

Great job, !I'm used my curl bar for the barbell work this time, but may change it up. The curl bar isn't very comfortable on my shoulders, so I might be better off with dumbbells. Love it for the barbell bi curls, though. Funny what you (and others) said about the chest presses. I thought they were challenging as well, but would rather do chest presses all day long than any push ups, lol. Though I did find the push up segment much shorter than expected and probably should have tried them on my ties! <blush> ;)Kudos for getting to the workout after the family bbq (or bib, lol) too! I know I would have struggled for sure, as I'm sure I would have had too much food and had a pretty rough time doing ripped with all the extra food in my stomach, lol.Sara>> Finally got my workout in at about 6 PM. I have to say that if I were not in this rotation I probably would have skipped it but I didn't want to have to post that I skipped it so I worked out! I was glad to have done it too. >

Guest guest

About spell check - I can spell okay, just can't type, LOL!

Case in point - push ups on my TOES, not ties, hahahahaha. I am also

unable to proof read my own writing *before* I hit that send button,

no matter how many times I re-read it. But somehow it's very clear

to me after it's posted for all to see!

Glad you get a good challenge from push ups! I'm not there yet, but

maybe someday. They've always been on my list with lunges (ugh) and

I've never really done them regularly, or wanted to. But who knows?

With all all the influence 'round here, I may change my mind a bit -

eventually. ;)

Have a good night!

Sara

> >

> > Finally got my workout in at about 6 PM. I have to say that if I

were

> not in this rotation I probably would have skipped it but I didn't

want

> to have to post that I skipped it so I worked out! I was glad to

have

> done it too.

> >

>

Guest guest

Great job !! That's why I like rotations and especially doing them with others. It makes you feel more accountable.

~**~It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.

Guest guest

Thanks ! I'm struggling with when I'll get today's workout in too but it will happen, I am being held accountable so it will have to! :-)

Re: Get Ripped #1

Great job !! That's why I like rotations and especially doing them with others. It makes you feel more accountable.

~**~

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.