RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: lab tests aniso +1 and poik +1 abnormality

Rate this topic

Guest guest

yes I have had those,, what they refer to, I think, is the shape of either your red blood cells or the white cells. When on tx, when you become anemic, the shape of each blood cells becomes important,, and its just saying that you have these two odd shaped cells. I had them too when on tx,, they are all normal now,, so dont get too worked up over it.. Im sure its just part of what happens on tx! jaxrichlee7 <richlee7@...> wrote: I was wondering if anyone in this group has had the following blood

abnormality pop up on one of thier labs and what do they mean?aniso +1 poik + 1My regular doc is just an intern at the health center and he is clueless. i have an appt for a hep doctor at the chance center soon and will be starting treatment soon after that.i have gentoype 1 and i have a viral load of 155,000 IU as of last weekJackie

Guest guest

also Richlee, are you on tx? how far into tx are you? you still have a viral load huh?Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: yes I have had those,, what they refer to, I think, is the shape of either your red blood cells or the white cells. When on tx, when you become anemic, the shape of each blood cells becomes important,, and its just saying that you have these two odd shaped cells. I had them too when on tx,, they are all normal now,, so dont get too worked up over it.. Im sure its just part of what happens on tx! jaxrichlee7 <richlee7@...> wrote: I was wondering if anyone in this group has had the following blood abnormality pop up on one of thier labs and what do they mean?aniso +1 poik + 1My regular doc is just an intern at the health center and he is clueless. i have an appt for a hep doctor at the chance center soon and will be starting treatment soon after that.i have gentoype 1 and i have a viral load of 155,000 IU as of last weekJackie Jackie

Guest guest

In a message dated 7/12/2006 11:36:04 PM Pacific Standard Time, redjaxjm@... writes:

yes I have had those,, what they refer to, I think, is the shape of either your red blood cells or the white cells. When on tx, when you become anemic, the shape of each blood cells becomes important,, and its just saying that you have these two odd shaped cells. I had them too when on tx,, they are all normal now,, so dont get too worked up over it.. Im sure its just part of what happens on tx!

jax

Jax I thiink he said he hadnt started tx yet...geri

Guest guest

the problem is i a have not started treatment yet. i dont start for

another month i have this abnormality without even being on treatment

> I was wondering if anyone in this group has had the

following blood

> abnormality pop up on one of thier labs and what do they mean?

>

> aniso +1

> poik + 1

>

> My regular doc is just an intern at the health center and he is

> clueless. i have an appt for a hep doctor at the chance center soon

and

> will be starting treatment soon after that.

>

> i have gentoype 1 and i have a viral load of 155,000 IU as of last

week

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

Guest guest

> > I was wondering if anyone in this group has had the

> following blood

> > abnormality pop up on one of thier labs and what do they mean?

> >

> > aniso +1

> > poik + 1

> >

> > My regular doc is just an intern at the health center and he is

> > clueless. i have an appt for a hep doctor at the chance center

soon

> and

> > will be starting treatment soon after that.

> >

> > i have gentoype 1 and i have a viral load of 155,000 IU as of

last

> week

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Jackie

> >

>

for years,my mch,platelets,lymphocytes.alt and ast have been

marginally high and low in the case of lymphoctes.

I also had undergone intensive chemo in 1992-93 and had severe

fluctuation in blood chemistry levels, to the point were my immune

system was comprimised. i would think that this small variance

should'nt be a problem with starting tx.

I was schedualed to see the liver doc today, but his office

rescedualed me for the 24th of Aug. he had surgery(poor baby)lol.

I too hav'nt started tx yet, and i don't know how thies small

variances will effect my treatment either. I guess we " ll have to

wait and see. best of luck to everyone!!!!

@ novara

Guest guest

Thanks Geri, Ijust saw that,, Ill have to look this upus4heavenbound@... wrote: In a message dated 7/12/2006 11:36:04 PM Pacific Standard Time, redjaxjm@... writes: yes I have had those,, what they refer to, I think, is the shape of either your red blood cells or the white cells. When on tx, when you become anemic, the shape of

each blood cells becomes important,, and its just saying that you have these two odd shaped cells. I had them too when on tx,, they are all normal now,, so dont get too worked up over it.. Im sure its just part of what happens on tx! jax Jax I thiink he said he hadnt started tx yet...geri Jackie

Guest guest

here is the definition of aniso, I think that poik is also just another 'shape',, Definition of Anisocytosis Anisocytosis: Excessive inequality in the size of the red blood cells. Anisocytosis ("aniso") is apparent on a blood smear. From aniso-, meaning unequal + -cytosis, referring to cells.Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: also Richlee, are you on tx? how far into tx are you? you still have a viral load huh?Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: yes I have had those,, what they refer to, I think, is the shape of either your red blood cells or the white cells. When on tx, when you become anemic, the shape of each blood cells becomes important,, and its just saying that you have these two odd shaped cells. I had them too when on tx,, they are all normal now,, so dont get too worked up over it.. Im sure its just part of what happens on tx! jaxrichlee7 <richlee7@...> wrote: I was wondering if anyone in this group has had the following blood

abnormality pop up on one of thier labs and what do they mean?aniso +1 poik + 1My regular doc is just an intern at the health center and he is clueless. i have an appt for a hep doctor at the chance center soon and will be starting treatment soon after that.i have gentoype 1 and i have a viral load of 155,000 IU as of last weekJackie Jackie Jackie

Guest guest

here is the definition of poikilocyte Poi´ki`lo`cyte (poi´kĭ`lô`sīt) n. 1. (Physiol.) An irregular form of corpuscle found in the blood in cases of profound anæmia, probably a degenerated red blood corpuscle. Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: here is the definition of aniso, I think that poik is also just another 'shape',, Definition of Anisocytosis Anisocytosis: Excessive inequality in the size of the red blood cells. Anisocytosis ("aniso") is apparent on a blood smear. From aniso-, meaning unequal + -cytosis, referring to cells.Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: also Richlee, are you on tx? how far into tx are you? you still have a viral load huh?Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: yes I have had those,, what they refer to, I think, is the shape of either your red blood cells or the white cells. When on tx, when you become anemic, the shape of each blood cells becomes important,, and its just saying that you have these two odd shaped cells. I had them too when on tx,, they are all normal now,, so dont get too worked up over it.. Im sure its just part of what happens on tx! jaxrichlee7 <richlee7@...> wrote: I was wondering if anyone in this group has had the following blood abnormality pop up on one of thier labs and what do they mean?aniso +1 poik + 1My regular doc is just an intern at the health center and he is clueless. i

have an appt for a hep doctor at the chance center soon and will be starting treatment soon after that.i have gentoype 1 and i have a viral load of 155,000 IU as of last weekJackie Jackie Jackie Jackie

Guest guest

i have not started treatment yet- i do not start for another month, i

will be going interferon/ribaviran treatment soon.

> I was wondering if anyone in this group has had the following

blood

> abnormality pop up on one of thier labs and what do they mean?

>

> aniso +1

> poik + 1

>

> My regular doc is just an intern at the health center and he is

> clueless. i have an appt for a hep doctor at the chance center soon

and

> will be starting treatment soon after that.

>

> i have gentoype 1 and i have a viral load of 155,000 IU as of last

week

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

Guest guest

well then you might want to have those labs rechecked or see what your doc says about themrichlee7 <richlee7@...> wrote: i have not started treatment yet- i do not start for another month, i will be going interferon/ribaviran treatment soon. > I was wondering if anyone in this group has had the following blood > abnormality pop up on one of thier labs and what do they mean?> > aniso +1 > poik + 1> > My regular doc is just an intern at the health center and he is > clueless. i have an appt for a hep doctor at the chance center soon and > will be starting treatment soon after that.> > i have

gentoype 1 and i have a viral load of 155,000 IU as of last week> > > > > > > Jackie > > > > > Jackie>Jackie