Guest guest

Re: Good Sunday Morning to you all

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm on Plaquenil. Unfortunately with this medication, you have to

get your eyes checked. I've seen an Optometrist. Is there any

particular reason why your Rheumotologist wanted you see an

Opthamologist instead? I could understand being referred to an

Opthamologist if the Optometrist saw something questionable.

Best wishes to you.

Guest guest

Hi , I also had to see an opthamalogist after being diagnosed. I have Reiter's Syndrome, which was triggered by a bout with uvitis. Uvitis has the same external symptoms as pink eye, which is what I thought I had. Uvitis caused scarring on the eye, which is why I was referred to the opthamologist. I also have bad vision to begin with. Due to the uvitis scarring, I can no longer where contacts. This isn't to scare you, but just to remind you it's important to go when you can. Have you looked into VISION USA? It's a year round program offered by the American Optometry Association. Here's the address: http://www.aoanet.org/index.asp. On the task bar, click on AOA Charities then VISION USA. There should be an affiliate near you if you live in the US. I refer children to their program through my job.

Hope that helps,

in Virginia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It's the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun.” (Napoleon Hill)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>Hi there.... Thank you all who welcomed me when I introduced myself. >I really like reading about all of you. It helps me not feel so >alone. >I am supposed to go back to my Rheumy on Tuesday. He is probably not >going to be happy with me. I was supposed to have gone to an >opthamologist to have my eyes checked out so he could put me on >Plaqunil. Well, the initial exam is $200.00 and then I will have to >have an exam every 6 months to the tune of $125.00. The problem is, >I don't have insurance and have to have help from my family in just >paying for the Rheumy. Also, I have very bad sight as it is and am >terribly afraid of the possible side effects of Plaquenil. Anyway... >I just thought I would share. >I have decided that if what doesn't kill a person, makes one >stronger, we are really stronge women and men at this point! >

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*

Guest guest

AN OPTHAMOLOGIST.WOULD BE ABLE TO DO SURGERY IF IT WAS CALLED FOR...I NEVER GO THE THE OTHER 'CAUSE I FIGURE IF THEY FOUND SOMETHING YOU WOULD WIND UP AT THE OTHER....WHY PAY DOUBLE COST....

NORMA

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 12:21 AM

Subject: Re: Good Sunday Morning to you all

,I'm on Plaquenil. Unfortunately with this medication, you have to get your eyes checked. I've seen an Optometrist. Is there any particular reason why your Rheumotologist wanted you see an Opthamologist instead? I could understand being