RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Geir - Diet and Enzymes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

>

> So what are the dangers of Houston enzymes?

>

>

Mandi has already answered this best, but I should have

said " alleged " dangers of the enzymes. When I first started down

this path, it was very easy to find the stuff against enzymes on the

internet. I read 's book but I had read previously the dire

warnings and the ugly in-fighting, and chose to go with GFCF rather

than the enzymes. My mistake.

Also on the topic of the peptides, I read not too long ago on

another board Devin commenting about the proof that the enzymes

worked for replacing GFCF. I assumed he was talking about some sort

of testing, not just what we see in our kids. Know anything about

that Mandi?

Anita

Guest guest

>

> So what are the dangers of Houston enzymes?

>

>

Mandi has already answered this best, but I should have

said " alleged " dangers of the enzymes. When I first started down

this path, it was very easy to find the stuff against enzymes on the

internet. I read 's book but I had read previously the dire

warnings and the ugly in-fighting, and chose to go with GFCF rather

than the enzymes. My mistake.

Also on the topic of the peptides, I read not too long ago on

another board Devin commenting about the proof that the enzymes

worked for replacing GFCF. I assumed he was talking about some sort

of testing, not just what we see in our kids. Know anything about

that Mandi?

Anita

Guest guest

In a message dated 01/06/2006 22:36:11 GMT Daylight Time, geirf@... writes:

The danger would be when I don`t know, to go after quick clinical progress, but still having peptides in the body making slow, unremarkable chronic problems ( a hypothesis).

>>>But oif I cam eto you as a patient and said we had been GF 12 months and CFGF 12 months and my sons health and poops had got worse but that I had stopped the diet switched to enzymes and my son had made remarkable gains in diposition, senory stuff, skin general heralth AND he had first formed brown poop of his life which has been maintained and his yeast behaviours are way down would you still want me to do the diet?

I am serious because I have spoken to 2 DAN!'s who said the answer would be yes. I cannot grasp why..................

Mandi x

Guest guest

The danger would be when I don`t know, to go after quick clinical progress, but still having peptides in the body making slow, unremarkable chronic problems ( a hypothesis).

>>>But oif I cam eto you as a patient and said we had been GF 12 months and CFGF 12 months and my sons health and poops had got worse but that I had stopped the diet switched to enzymes and my son had made remarkable gains in diposition, senory stuff, skin general heralth AND he had first formed brown poop of his life which has been maintained and his yeast behaviours are way down would you still want me to do the diet?

I am serious because I have spoken to 2 DAN!'s who said the answer would be yes. I cannot grasp why..................

Mandi x

Guest guest

Mandi x

Guest guest

Probably few,digestive enzymes are generally regarded as safe, so safe that they are sold without prescription.There are some reports of autodigestion, i.e. enzymes attacking esophagus or small intestines though,

whether or not this has happened with Houston Enzymes - I don`t know.There are also reported allergic reactions to enzymes, as lots of them are produced by black mold (Aspergillus niger) , that is one of the strong allergen makers...

The danger would be when I don`t know, to go after quick clinical progress, but still having peptides in the body making slow, unremarkable chronic problems ( a hypothesis).Geir Flatabø

On 6/1/06, Sass and Rem <Moroza-@...> wrote:

So what are the dangers of Houston enzymes?-----Original Message-----From: Autism Treatment [mailto:

Autism Treatment ] On Behalf Of AnitaKugelstadtSent: 01 June 2006 00:04Autism Treatment Subject: Re: Geir - Diet and Enzymes

I think it's important to note that it is now very difficult (almostimpossible) to find the Pangborn comments on how dangerous theHouston enzymes might be for our kids. Also, places like ANDI usedto have blanket statements on their site warning parents against the

idea the enzymes could replace diet. Those warnings have quietlydisappeared.No one likes to admit they're wrong. DAN! was wrong about this.GFCF does seem to work for some kids but it isn't the answer people

once believed.As for milk, my personal opinion is that there's big differencebetween pasteurized milk we get in the store and raw milk. Here inCanada it is illegal to even give raw milk away, but I happen to

think that the research shows enough health benefits from it thatI'm trying to buy a part of a cow so I can get my hands on the rawmilk.If someone would have told me that at age 42 my goals would consist

of formed poops and owning a part of a cow, I would have thoughtthey were mad ;-)Anita>> When Houston came out with Pep and HN Zyme there was hell to payin DAN! -> Jon Pangbourne who stands up and presents himself as an enzymeexpert at DAN!> actually put up web pages saying they were dnagerous.

>DISCLAIMERNo information contained in this post is to be construed as medical advice.If you need medical advice, please seek it from a suitably qualifiedpractitioner.

Guest guest

Probably few,digestive enzymes are generally regarded as safe, so safe that they are sold without prescription.There are some reports of autodigestion, i.e. enzymes attacking esophagus or small intestines though,

whether or not this has happened with Houston Enzymes - I don`t know.There are also reported allergic reactions to enzymes, as lots of them are produced by black mold (Aspergillus niger) , that is one of the strong allergen makers...

The danger would be when I don`t know, to go after quick clinical progress, but still having peptides in the body making slow, unremarkable chronic problems ( a hypothesis).Geir Flatabø

On 6/1/06, Sass and Rem <Moroza-@...> wrote:

So what are the dangers of Houston enzymes?-----Original Message-----From: Autism Treatment [mailto:

Autism Treatment ] On Behalf Of AnitaKugelstadtSent: 01 June 2006 00:04Autism Treatment Subject: Re: Geir - Diet and Enzymes

I think it's important to note that it is now very difficult (almostimpossible) to find the Pangborn comments on how dangerous theHouston enzymes might be for our kids. Also, places like ANDI usedto have blanket statements on their site warning parents against the

idea the enzymes could replace diet. Those warnings have quietlydisappeared.No one likes to admit they're wrong. DAN! was wrong about this.GFCF does seem to work for some kids but it isn't the answer people

once believed.As for milk, my personal opinion is that there's big differencebetween pasteurized milk we get in the store and raw milk. Here inCanada it is illegal to even give raw milk away, but I happen to

think that the research shows enough health benefits from it thatI'm trying to buy a part of a cow so I can get my hands on the rawmilk.If someone would have told me that at age 42 my goals would consist

of formed poops and owning a part of a cow, I would have thoughtthey were mad ;-)Anita>> When Houston came out with Pep and HN Zyme there was hell to payin DAN! -> Jon Pangbourne who stands up and presents himself as an enzymeexpert at DAN!> actually put up web pages saying they were dnagerous.

>DISCLAIMERNo information contained in this post is to be construed as medical advice.If you need medical advice, please seek it from a suitably qualifiedpractitioner.

Guest guest

In a message dated 02/06/2006 08:09:19 GMT Daylight Time, geirf@... writes:

If a urinary peptide assay in a child with autism says

there are low or no more urinary peptides, ( and there were lots before

>>>Ours was 'inconclusive'...............per ARU

Thanks - you are sensible DAN! dr :)

Mandi x

Guest guest

Mandi x

Guest guest

there are low or no more urinary peptides, ( and there were lots before),

and there is clinical improvement / progress, I would definitely say

this is a (small) miracle,

just keep on this diet.

- and if this turns back, have a new peptide assay.

- the reason is the casein and other opioid peptides are rather insidious and awkward in making their effect , in pharmacological, immunological and other ways.

Geir Flatabø

On 6/2/06, Mum231ASD@... <Mum231ASD@...> wrote:

Mandi x

DISCLAIMERNo information contained in this post is to be construed as medical advice. If you need medical advice, please seek it from a suitably qualified practitioner.

Guest guest

What a strange answer, From Shattock - Sunderland ??

Might try another lab - ( lab Philippe, Neurozym, Great Plains ?)

I guess that would mean some peptides, but not much ??

I would prefer low or no peptides.

The peptides will always trigger some autoimmmune reactions.

So there is always a risk having them in blood.

Geir Flatabø

Mandi x

DISCLAIMERNo information contained in this post is to be construed as medical advice. If you need medical advice, please seek it from a suitably qualified practitioner.

Guest guest

What a strange answer, From Shattock - Sunderland ??

Might try another lab - ( lab Philippe, Neurozym, Great Plains ?)

I guess that would mean some peptides, but not much ??

I would prefer low or no peptides.

The peptides will always trigger some autoimmmune reactions.

So there is always a risk having them in blood.

Geir Flatabø

Mandi x

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

I am new here.got a son with ASD,would lik eto hear from those who had great

success with biomed approach

or any other therapies

gobika

>From: " Geir Flatabø " <geirf@...>

>Reply-Autism Treatment

>Autism Treatment

>Subject: Re: Re: Geir - Diet and Enzymes

>Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 13:14:43 +0200

>

>What a strange answer, From Shattock - Sunderland ??

>Might try another lab - ( lab Philippe, Neurozym, Great Plains ?)

>I guess that would mean some peptides, but not much ??

>I would prefer low or no peptides.

>The peptides will always trigger some autoimmmune reactions.

>So there is always a risk having them in blood.

>

>Geir Flatabø

>

>

>On 6/2/06, Mum231ASD@... <Mum231ASD@...> wrote:

>>

>> In a message dated 02/06/2006 08:09:19 GMT Daylight Time,

>>geirf@... writes:

>>

>>If a urinary peptide assay in a child with autism says

>>there are low or no more urinary peptides, ( and there were lots before

>>

>> >>>Ours was 'inconclusive'...............per ARU

>>

>>Thanks - you are sensible DAN! dr :)

>>

>>Mandi x

>>

>>

>>DISCLAIMER

>>No information contained in this post is to be construed as medical

>>advice. If you need medical advice, please seek it from a suitably

>>qualified

>>practitioner.

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

Guest guest

Hi and welcome. You might want to have a look at Treating Autism website

http://www.treatingautism.com/ there are a few stories there if you

click on 'stories of hope' link.

Natasa

> >>

> >> In a message dated 02/06/2006 08:09:19 GMT Daylight Time,

> >>geirf@... writes:

> >>

> >>If a urinary peptide assay in a child with autism says

> >>there are low or no more urinary peptides, ( and there were lots

before

> >>

> >> >>>Ours was 'inconclusive'...............per ARU

> >>

> >>Thanks - you are sensible DAN! dr :)

> >>

> >>Mandi x

> >>

> >>

> >>DISCLAIMER

> >>No information contained in this post is to be construed as medical

> >>advice. If you need medical advice, please seek it from a suitably

> >>qualified

> >>practitioner.

> >>

> >>

> >>