RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

MOTD Tue 3/7/06

Rate this topic

Guest guest

's Daily MessageTuesdayMarch 07, 2006

TODAY

I want to grow old, but I want to grow old gracefully. I want to feel alive every day and live to be 125. And yes, at that age, I`ll still be wearing my tank top and shorts! LOL. I was talking about this subject last Saturday at Slimmons, and I asked everyone this question. What can you do today that will ensure you of being healthy and youthful tomorrow? As you know, every day you have the choice to be constructive or destructive when it comes to your wellbeing. Everyone in class came up with just about the same ideas. Here`s what they said.

Get up on the right side of the bed each morning. Think of the pluses in your life, and don`t dwell on the negatives. Always begin your day with a plan. Get your stretches in in the morning. That will help you keep flexible. Know what you`re having to eat for the entire day. Eliminate the processed foods and concentrate on eating as much fresh food as possible. Reduce your visits to restaurants and fast food establishments. Cook more at home. Drink your water and try to kick your soda/diet soda habit. Exercise as much as you can. Walk, sweat, and tone, and keep your body fine tuned.

Learn to handle stressful situations. Don`t react to things around you. Listen and think before you get yourself upset. To every problem, there is a solution if you`re patient enough to find it. Be around family and friends and laugh. Let it all out and let the happy tears roll down your cheeks. Remember your childhood, for that will keep you young at heart.

Nothing ages you quicker than alcohol, smoking, and drugs. If you can`t quit by yourself, seek professional help. Get your much needed sleep. Those who burn the candles at both ends begin to look like a melted candle. Pamper yourself like a Hollywood star and know you deserve it. Before you retire, go over your day and give yourself a well deserved pat on the back!

You see, I want you to grow old gracefully, too, so we can spend many tomorrows together.

Love,