RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

We started taking Iodine and are TIRED!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My husband and I have started taking Iodine. He has low cortisol, low DHEA, low

testosterone (and high estrogen), and a TSH of 3.8. He is not on thyroid meds.

He is up to 3

Iodoral a day, and 20 mg. of HC. He is complaining of being quite tired since

starting the

iodine, and is threatening to raid my armour!!

I can only tolerate 1/2 a tab. of Iodoral, it seemed to wake up an old hive

problem, but just

slightly. I have to take a day off between. And, I seem to be getting very

thirsty whenever I

eat salty foods, and am really tired. I have a combination of high/low cortils,

am on armour,

and have been taking PS to even out the cortils. I was starting to get energy,

then started

Iodoral, and now, am tired again.

Help please!

Guest guest

Hi ,First I just want to reply about the getting thirsty after salty foods ... I have a lot of personal experience with that. I'm not quite sure why it would come on for you after starting Iodoral, but it's possible that your metabolism is using up more nutrients in a synergistic way with the iodine ... I have found that taking extra potassium (can be from food sources) and magnesium helps thirst. Another group member posted this site for balancing minerals, which I have found helpful:http://www.psha-inc.com/guai-support/sf/TasteTests.htmThere is another thing that has helped with my thirst. This may seem ironic. But I recently found out about 'The Water Cure' and it involves mixing 1/4 tsp of Celtic salt or the Original brand Himalayan crystal salt in every 32 oz of purified water that you drink. This ratio of salt and water hydrates us much more effectively than plain water. It gets the water and minerals into the cells ... I didn't think I would be able to do it since I have been extremely sensitive to salt historically - getting headaches, extremely thirsty, and other symptoms immediately after eating something salty - and drinking more water didn't help. Yet I knew I needed more salt for my adrenals and low blood pressure ... Anyway I have been amazed. I think this magical ratio is helping my deficiency state and I'm even able to tolerate more salt generally, maybe because my cells are getting more of the other minerals now to keep it in balance ...(Not sure if you are familiar with the difference between these good types of salt and regular table salt -- which is a totally different story and not at all good for you ...)Regarding your increased fatigue after starting Iodoral - that could be for many reasons, but from what I understand it is most commonly a detox reaction. Here is a good link for more info on this topic:http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.htmlThe salt loading helps most people ... However I could not do it the way they say to - the ratio was too strong for me. But according to some sources it doesn't matter how you get the salt as long as you get at least 1/2-3/4 tsp in your body during each 24 hrs.The other really important thing is to be taking all the supporting nutrients. Beginning iodine can make certain deficiencies more apparent. See the following websites for more info:http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/iprotocol.htmlhttp://www.naturalthyroidchoices.com/nutrients.htmlWith all that said, I myself have experienced more fatigue then my usual (maybe, it's hard to tell) since beginning Iodine, even with all the above+  implemented, but I've had improvements in some other ways and since my 2 loading tests reveal I am still deficient, I am sticking with it, at least for now. There are many others who have regained their energy but it does seem like a lot of people struggle with detox issues for awhile.Best,Marlena>> My husband and I have started taking Iodine. He has low cortisol, low DHEA, low > testosterone (and high estrogen), and a TSH of 3.8. He is not on thyroid meds. He is up to 3 > Iodoral a day, and 20 mg. of HC. He is complaining of being quite tired since starting the > iodine, and is threatening to raid my armour!!> > I can only tolerate 1/2 a tab. of Iodoral, it seemed to wake up an old hive problem, but just > slightly. I have to take a day off between. And, I seem to be getting very thirsty whenever I > eat salty foods, and am really tired. I have a combination of high/low cortils, am on armour, > and have been taking PS to even out the cortils. I was starting to get energy, then started > Iodoral, and now, am tired again. > > Help please!> >

Guest guest

Hi :

Just curious, with your husband's TSH at 3.8, why isn't he taking any armour? Have you both had your iron levels checked, along with Free T3 and Free T4?

From: jeff_cline2003 <seacline98@...>Subject: We started taking Iodine and are TIRED!!iodine Date: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 8:44 PM

My husband and I have started taking Iodine. He has low cortisol, low DHEA, low testosterone (and high estrogen), and a TSH of 3.8. He is not on thyroid meds. He is up to 3 Iodoral a day, and 20 mg. of HC. He is complaining of being quite tired since starting the iodine, and is threatening to raid my armour!!I can only tolerate 1/2 a tab. of Iodoral, it seemed to wake up an old hive problem, but just slightly. I have to take a day off between. And, I seem to be getting very thirsty whenever I eat salty foods, and am really tired. I have a combination of high/low cortils, am on armour, and have been taking PS to even out the cortils. I was starting to get energy, then started Iodoral, and now, am tired again. Help please!

Guest guest

Get your iodine from natural sources.

>

> My husband and I have started taking Iodine. He has low cortisol,

low DHEA, low

> testosterone (and high estrogen), and a TSH of 3.8. He is not on

thyroid meds. He is up to 3

> Iodoral a day, and 20 mg. of HC. He is complaining of being quite

tired since starting the

> iodine, and is threatening to raid my armour!!

>

> I can only tolerate 1/2 a tab. of Iodoral, it seemed to wake up an

old hive problem, but just

> slightly. I have to take a day off between. And, I seem to be

getting very thirsty whenever I

> eat salty foods, and am really tired. I have a combination of

high/low cortils, am on armour,

> and have been taking PS to even out the cortils. I was starting to

get energy, then started

> Iodoral, and now, am tired again.

>

> Help please!

>

>

Guest guest

Has anyone who is taking Iodoral (and not Armour thyroid or Synthroid etc.)lost weight (who had weight gain prev.) and had a disappearance of fatigue?Thank you-AOn Aug 25, 2008, at 1:03 PM, M. wrote:Hi : Just curious, with your husband's TSH at 3.8, why isn't he taking any armour?  Have you both had your iron levels checked, along with Free T3 and Free T4?  --- On Sun, 8/24/08, jeff_cline2003 <seacline98aol> wrote:From: jeff_cline2003 <seacline98aol>Subject: We started taking Iodine and are TIRED!!iodine Date: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 8:44 PMMy husband and I have started taking Iodine. He has low cortisol, low DHEA, low testosterone (and high estrogen), and a TSH of 3.8. He is not on thyroid meds. He is up to 3 Iodoral a day, and 20 mg. of HC. He is complaining of being quite tired since starting the iodine, and is threatening to raid my armour!!I can only tolerate 1/2 a tab. of Iodoral, it seemed to wake up an old hive problem, but just slightly. I have to take a day off between. And, I seem to be getting very thirsty whenever I eat salty foods, and am really tired. I have a combination of high/low cortils, am on armour, and have been taking PS to even out the cortils. I was starting to get energy, then started Iodoral, and now, am tired again. Help please!

Guest guest

Thank you all for your responses. , husband has never taken thyroid

meds, so he

is doing a trial of iodine to see if that will help before he asks for armour.

His Free T3 was

in range, but low. No iron lab for him. I had a lot of labs done last week,

waiting for

results.

Husband is now taking 4 Iodoral and drinking salt water. I am taking a break,

got too

tired, and will take here and there as I can handle the tired to see if I get to

the other side,

but now I have way too much on my plate to be that tired!

-

>

> Hi :

>  

> Just curious, with your husband's TSH at 3.8, why isn't he taking any armour? 

Have you

both had your iron levels checked, along with Free T3 and Free T4?

>  

>

>  

Guest guest

Please expand on that, not sure exactly what you mean! Thanks,

>

> Get your iodine from natural sources.

>

Guest guest

I think they are talking food and that is impossible.

Steph

Re: We started taking Iodine and are TIRED!!

> Please expand on that, not sure exactly what you mean! Thanks,

>

>

>>

>> Get your iodine from natural sources.

>>

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

seafood, sea salt, other foods with high iodine content(listed in files

or links section I believe)

> >

> > Get your iodine from natural sources.

> >

>

Guest guest

Just thought that i would tell you something that I have observed

myself.

I have had Fibromyalgia and Tired is another word for almost dead. I

was so tired that I was lucky to get out of bed. Since I have been on

Iodoral(45+days) My tired is sooooo different. Before I coud not do

things now the tired I feel is so different. I can tell myself that I

can lay down and rest after I get certain things done. I can do so

much more. I am amazed. I feel tired but not exausted as before.

I am gonna post all that is better with me since finding this

wonderful product. take care. Don't stop taking your Iodoral because

you " feel " tired. hang in there. I see changes everyday. Hugs to all

karen